The Investigation Surrounding Conrad Murray Thread (ALL POSTS/ARTICLES on Charges, etc. GO HERE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this off SkyNews. Some of the article has not been updated but this is the first I've heard from the Police.
It was not immediately clear when Murray would be arraigned. Los Angeles County Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said it would not happen on Friday.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sh...r_to_Los_Angeles_Cops_Over_Singers_Drug_Death

Has anyone carefully read the E! article they basically confirm it's still going through, what in the world is with the contradicting stories.

Thank you, Sound.

I have been trying to say that they only go and arrest someone if they prove to be a flight risk or a danger to the public. Since Murray is neither, what will most likely happen is that they will put out a warrant and give Murray a time limit to turn himself in.

Sneddon did this to Michael. He was in Vegas when the warrant was put out and Sneddon gave Michael 24 hours to turn himself in. Which is why what happen at the airport was so bad. Michael flew in and was on his way to the police station. They didn't have to arrest him because he was already turning himself in.

If they do the same to Murray, it would have the same public outcry. Which is the last thing anyone here should want.
Conrad Murray is more than a flight risk. Anyone who comes under his treatment is in danger of imminent death. He's a freaking time bomb.
Anything less disparaging than LAPD Michael's arrest in handcuffs is TRAVESTY!

The today show just played a voicemail murry left on someone's phone when he says doing cpr. He told the guy his test results were fine. Voice was very calm like he had no idea Michael was dead or dying

To hell with the DA's FFS arrest this killer already what the f_ is wrong with people?!!!

Conrad Murray is more than a flight risk. Anyone who comes under his treatment is in danger of imminent death. He's a freaking time bomb.

i totally agree with you!:evil:

He had no prior record before this and he has been practicing for years. If he did kill every patient that came through the door, it would had been on his record and he would had lost his license years ago.

He is not a good doctor, but he is not that terrible otherwise it would had shown. It is also not up to the DA or the LAPD if he practices or not. That is up to the medical board. The doctors in the Anna Nicole Smith case are still practicing and they are currently on trial.

LAPD/D.A. Feud Derails Dr. Murray Arraignment
Posted Feb 4th 2010 10:20PM by TMZ Staff

The scheduled arraignment Friday for Dr. Conrad Murray in the death of Michael Jackson will not take place as scheduled because of the feud between the L.A. County D.A. and the LAPD over Dr. Murray's surrender.

As we first reported, the LAPD was bent out of shape -- and that is an understatement -- because the D.A. had kept cops in the dark and had been working with Dr. Murray's lawyers to arrange a voluntary surrender in court at the time of the arraignment.

The plan as of this afternoon -- Dr. Murray's lawyers would drive him to the L.A. County Sheriff's Office at the Airport Courthouse in L.A. at 5:30 AM Friday, along with a bail bondsman. Dr. Murray would be booked, post bail and then walk into court without handcuffs or chains.

We're told the LAPD so vehemently objected to the plan ... the D.A. finally backed off. The LAPD wants to arrest Dr. Murray, book him and bring him into court in handcuffs and/or chains -- something that is fairly standard in homicide cases.

The plan has fallen apart and we're told ... as of now ... there will be no arraignment tomorrow.

It's starting out shaky, folks.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/04/dr-co...ignment-lapd-district-attorney/#ixzz0ed4v1re8
Only if they booked Conrad Murray and chain him in hanbdcuffs playing out page by page by the book then it's fair game. I don't understand why the deliberating back and forth like they claimed it's the standard in homicide cases. Unless they are buying time and trying to get the ducks in a row before charges, go pronto with the warrant of arrest & handcuffs. If anyone thinks the entire world is not watching and not wanting justice for the beloved King of Pop they're living in their own Neverland!

He had no prior record before this and he has been practicing for years. If he did kill every patient that came through the door, it would had been on his record and he would had lost his license years ago.

He is not a good doctor, but he is not that terrible otherwise it would had shown. It is also not up to the DA or the LAPD if he practices or not. That is up to the medical board. The doctors in the Anna Nicole Smith case are still practicing and they are currently on trial.
There was one patient who died under his practice, but changed the name of his business entity since.
By his own admission of administering profopol to Michael and as long as LAPD has the evidence against him that's enough to put him for IM. Prior record has no bearing in this instance, he's getting away with it before now it's payback time - 2nd degree and nothing less!

ANYBODY UNDER THIS KIND OF PRESSURE IS A FLIGHT RISK. WHY DON'T THEY ANTICIPATE THIS SH!T ANd GO AHEAD AND ARREST HIM. THIS MAN IS A MURDER. HOW PLAINLY CAN WE PUT IT. DAYMN!
i tried to sleep and could not thinking of all of this crazy mess. wondering if i should personally pay a visit to a local LAPD station and vent my frustrations. Seriously, but they may arrest me just because I am a MJ fan. I can't be arrested, I'm a preschool program director and would loss my job if such a thing would happen. I have never been arrested, let alone put in handcuff.
This is all just mind boggling to say the least. The main thing that bothers me is MURRAY committed murder and is free. He is calling the shots here. the state is letting this go on and on. In fact, they willl let MURRAY stroll into court whenever he damn well pleases. What is this world coming to? The END is all I can see.

There was one patient who died under his practice, but changed the name of his business entity since.
By his own admission of administering profopol to Michael and as long as LAPD has the evidence against him that's enough to put him for IM. Prior record has no bearing in this instance, he's getting away with it before now it's payback time - 2nd degree and nothing less!

Yes, the other patient that died under his care, the family wanted to file a lawsuit against Murray. But they didn't have the funds to do so.

That was a TMZ story and it really holds no basics. The LAPD actually has his crime history and it is clean. He did not get away with nothing. So, he is no danger to society.

Also, patients go to him willingly. So, if you want him to stop practicing without the medical board stepping in, go talk to the people who pay him to be their doctor.

And like I said before the doctors of the Anna Nicole Smith's case are actually charge and going to trial for a similar crime to Murray. They both are still practicing so even if Murray is arrested, that will not stop him from being able to practice. That is a decision to the medical board, so talk to them.

The today show just played a voicemail murry left on someone's phone when he says doing cpr. He told the guy his test results were fine. Voice was very calm like he had no idea Michael was dead or dying
am im missing something here but thats big news? no one has commented. am i reading it wrong but this phonecall was made at the same time murray claims he was doing cpr yet hes chating on the phone to some guy about test results? so obviously he wasnt doing cpr. whats the timeline on this

Christy- you don't think his prior will not be taken into account? When and if he is to stand trial, everything will be thrown at him, the names or alias, child support, domestic violence which is key and show his reckless behavior but he is trying his damnest to avoid this at all means. I do think any and everything will come out in court and it will be up to the jurys to proves otherwise. He is nother better than a creep which is an understatement.

ANYBODY UNDER THIS KIND OF PRESSURE IS A FLIGHT RISK. WHY DON'T THEY ANTICIPATE THIS SH!T ANd GO AHEAD AND ARREST HIM. THIS MAN IS A MURDER. HOW PLAINLY CAN WE PUT IT. DAYMN!
i tried to sleep and could not thinking of all of this crazy mess. wondering if i should personally pay a visit to a local LAPD station and vent my frustrations. Seriously, but they may arrest me just because I am a MJ fan. I can't be arrested, I'm a preschool program director and would loss my job if such a thing would happen. I have never been arrested, let alone put in handcuff.
This is all just mind boggling to say the least. The main thing that bothers me is MURRAY committed murder and is free. He is calling the shots here. the state is letting this go on and on. In fact, they willl let MURRAY stroll into court whenever he damn well pleases. What is this world coming to? The END is all I can see.

If Murray was such a flight risk, he would of ran when Michael was first announce dead. Everyone would still be in confusing about what happen and Murray could had been in another country by now. Now that the LAPD is watching him as well as the eyes of the world, why would he run now? People are charge with murder or manslaughter everyday, but that does not automatically make them a flight risk.

Also, going to the LAPD will do nothing. Even if he is charge, he can still practice because the LAPD have no control of his license. If you are going to vent at anyone or anything, vent to the medical board since they are the only ones who can take someone's license away.

A case like this can usually take months because they want to build a strong case. It is when things are rush that you get crap like the OJ and Blake's cases. The moment they charge Murray, they run against the clock, so I hope everything is ready when they do charge Murray.

I would whether have slow, but correct justice instead of rush, sloppy, and Murray's walks.

That was a TMZ story and it really holds no basics. The LAPD actually has his crime history and it is clean. He did not get away with nothing. So, he is no danger to society.

Also, patients go to him willingly. So, if you want him to stop practicing without the medical board stepping in, go talk to the people who pay him to be their doctor.

And like I said before the doctors of the Anna Nicole Smith's case are actually charge and going to trial for a similar crime to Murray. They both are still practicing so even if Murray is arrested, that will not stop him from being able to practice. That is a decision to the medical board, so talk to them.
In L.A. he's been stopped. But different in Houston.

WTF?! I need answers - stat. Just arrest him already so this thing can begin. This is ludicrous.

Thanks for that info. What I wonder is what the drug enforcement team has found out and how those things will go. You know, other doctors involved, etc. It seemed to me they were investigating a lot more than just Murray when certain things came to light. We could see more arrests possibly or actions/disciplines to other physicians later.

Thanks for that info. What I wonder is what the drug enforcement team has found out and how those things will go. You know, other doctors involved, etc. It seemed to me they were investigating a lot more than just Murray when certain things came to light. We could see more arrests possibly or actions/disciplines to other physicians later.

They wanted to do a complete investigation, not just Murray, despite popular belief. They looked at every doctor that even breath on Michael over the years. It did not help that people were claiming Michael was an addict and doctor shopping and such, even his own family.

They also would had looked at everyone who had contact with Michael during his final months. Which includes AEG, everyone from TII, doctors, nurses, security guards, the maid, the chief, everyone. They want to make sure that they looked at every possibility no matter how strange or unlikely it maybe. The biggest star in the world just die and tough questions will be ask.

Since Murray's name is the only who came up, he is the only doctor they found to be held accountable. Although, we all figure that since only Murray's drugs were found in Michael's body.

If Murray was such a flight risk, he would of ran when Michael was first announce dead. Everyone would still be in confusing about what happen and Murray could had been in another country by now. Now that the LAPD is watching him as well as the eyes of the world, why would he run now? People are charge with murder or manslaughter everyday, but that does not automatically make them a flight risk.

Also, going to the LAPD will do nothing. Even if he is charge, he can still practice because the LAPD have no control of his license. If you are going to vent at anyone or anything, vent to the medical board since they are the only ones who can take someone's license away.

A case like this can usually take months because they want to build a strong case. It is when things are rush that you get crap like the OJ and Blake's cases. The moment they charge Murray, they run against the clock, so I hope everything is ready when they do charge Murray.

I would whether have slow, but correct justice instead of rush, sloppy, and Murray's walks.

I understand my complaining to the LAPD will do nothing and that is why I will not. The medical board has it's on standards and it's a whole set of guidelines which it takes before thery respond. It will take them months or years if any action will take place.
However, I am with you on the throughness of the LAPD, that is key and if they need time fine, take it...but I still don't trust MURRAY especially after all his throwing in monkey wrenches...you really never know what is on his mind, (ex) showing up at the cemetary yesterday...WTF!?

am im missing something here but thats big news? no one has commented. am i reading it wrong but this phonecall was made at the same time murray claims he was doing cpr yet hes chating on the phone to some guy about test results? so obviously he wasnt doing cpr. whats the timeline on this

yes that would be really interesting.

I can't believe the problem is only over the arrest/surrender thing. Either there's something else, or it was just PR started by Murray's lawyers.

Conrad Murray Will Show in Court No Matter What

Posted Feb 5th 2010 9:10AM by TMZ Staff

Conrad Murray's people just told TMZ they are ticked off that they are caught in the middle of a tug of war between the LAPD and the L.A. County D.A. -- and they will show up in court at 1:30 PM today to surrender ... whether charges are filed or not.

As we first reported, a feud is raging between the LAPD and the D.A. -- the D.A. wants Murray to surrender and the LAPD wants him arrested before coming to court ... on charges of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson.

We reported last night that things were so bad between the two agencies that the D.A. pulled the plug on today's arraignment.

But Miranda Sevcik, the rep for Dr. Murray's lawyer Ed Chernoff, tells TMZ "We are stuck in the middle of something we can't control." Sevcik, who called the feuding "insane," says "Dr. Murray will wait for a call as to where and when he will surrender" and adds if the call doesn't come he will show up anyway at 1:30 PM.

The problem for Dr. Murray -- if the D.A. doesn't file charges this morning, there's nothing to surrender to ....

Stay tuned ...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0efgbnIoG

God, just do what you're told and stop trying to take the reigns!!! If they don't call you in, then stay home! Stop acting like such a martyr. He's like a kid who's done something wrong and insists on putting himself on restriction even though his parents say it's okay, he's free to do what he wants. ...except this really gets under my skin.

They wanted to do a complete investigation, not just Murray, despite popular belief. They looked at every doctor that even breath on Michael over the years. It did not help that people were claiming Michael was an addict and doctor shopping and such, even his own family.

They also would had looked at everyone who had contact with Michael during his final months. Which includes AEG, everyone from TII, doctors, nurses, security guards, the maid, the chief, everyone. They want to make sure that they looked at every possibility no matter how strange or unlikely it maybe. The biggest star in the world just die and tough questions will be ask.

Since Murray's name is the only who came up, he is the only doctor they found to be held accountable. Although, we all figure that since only Murray's drugs were found in Michael's body.

From my understanding, and I could be wrong, these are separate investigations here. Drug Enforcement can still be persuing others but not for the death of Michael. This would be for improperly prescribing and things of that nature. I think now because so many celebrities and other people we never even hear about are having issues with prescription painkillers, these things are being looked at more closely as it should be.

But yes, I think only one person here is found responsible on that horrible day.

Because we now have a subforum for all the news and discussions surrounding Conrad Murray I don't think there's a need for this thread anymore, so therefore I'll close this to avoid dublicated discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back