The Investigation Surrounding Conrad Murray Thread (ALL POSTS/ARTICLES on Charges, etc. GO HERE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...regarding the CPR. In the hospital I have been in many "Code Blue" situations so I am going to share a few things I know about it here, which I have shared in other threads as well.

We immediately hook them up to a heart monitor if they aren't hooked up already. We do CPR on the bed but we use a hard plastic back board. Michael was thin and it is possible if he were think to do one hand CPR, or if the bed was very firm it might have worked also. The thing is...CPR takes strong pushes on the chest and ribs are often broken during CPR and this is normal. You don't do CPR when there is a heartbeat present.

When someone overdoses on Propofol the real problem is that they stop breathing. Thats the FIRST thing to happen. Breathing slows rapidly and you have to keep them breathing. This drug is often used in places like Intensive Care to keep someone sedated while on a ventilator so they don't 'fight' the vent.

He had to stop breathing and thats what causes the heart to stop. So...what he needed most was an "Ambu Bag" which is a mechanical bag that forces air into the lungs. This can happen in 10 minutes of being out of the room. It can happen in 5.

It was more important to make him breathe than to get his heart beating faster because they go hand in hand. Get him breathing and the heart would get oxygen, etc. I am not sure what Murray was thinking by giving this drug without monitoring equipment and resuscitation equipment.

In that sense I blame Murray for not having the correct equipment on hand to care for his patient in case of emergency.

^ Thanks for all that, it's appreciated. I'm learning about airway in EMT-Basic book right now and a 'ambu bag' is the same as Bag Valve Mask (BVM) correct?

Immediately my first question is why he didn't have one?? Do you think technically part of the reason they know they can charge him with Involuntary Manslaughter is going to narrow down to negligence because he wasn't prepared by having lifesaving equipment readily available?

^ Thanks for all that, it's appreciated. I'm learning about airway in EMT-Basic book right now and a 'ambu bag' is the same as Bag Valve Mask (BVM) correct?

Immediately my first question is why he didn't have one?? Do you think technically part of the reason they know they can charge him with Involuntary Manslaughter is going to narrow down to negligence because he wasn't prepared by having lifesaving equipment readily available?

Yes, that is negligence.

"Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.."

and I just have to keep believing that "..the truth will win this marathon in court."

It's not negativity hon it's realism. Dr, Conrad Murderer will be charged yes, but I bet you anything he will spend NO time in jail. He probably won't even get his licences taken away. All I'm saying is to prepare yourself.

I suggest we wait until it goes to court and see if he is convicted and on what charges before you start gazing into the future. I'm just sayin!

what the heck is this LAPD vs. DA about, they better get on the same page.

Really! :agree: I still don't even understand what the "feud" is about...

As LAPD worked on this case for months they want to arrest , cuff him, book him and take him to the arraignment. On the other hand DA is talking surrender of him. So apparently LAPD feels like they are left out and DA giving easy pass to Murray. LAPD feels that as he is charged with murder of another human being he should do the perp-walk not let to walk in and out the arraignment.

As LAPD worked on this case for months they want to arrest , cuff him, book him and take him to the arraignment. On the other hand DA is talking surrender of him. So apparently LAPD feels like they are left out and DA giving easy pass to Murray. LAPD feels that as he is charged with murder of another human being he should do the perp-walk not let to walk in and out the arraignment.

Wasn't the DA given money by Michael's estate from Blanca?

and yes, i think whhether to charge him with manslaughter or murder is a factor in this feud.

i mean, if the lapd really is butting heads with the da about this, they must have some nice evidence. but what is up with the D.A.? they sound like they are on Murray's side.

The LAPD and the DA really need to sort this out. The LAPD need to stop throwing a hissy fit about this. Charging Conrad Murray is a little bit more important than the LAPD's moment of glory.

No, why should the estate pay the DA?

I read somewhere in the IU that the D.A. was given money from the estate....maybe as bribery, I don't know.....

But do the LAPD and the DA usually argue over cases?

Charging Conrad Murray is a little bit more important than the LAPD's moment of glory.

All I know is that the truth is what I'm aiming for. I'm taking no easy route (manslaughter).

Have the FBI have been investigating Michael's death?

They investigated claims from tabloid articles regarding the accusations, and they investigated threats against Michael, so wouldn't they be investigating HIS DEATH?

An LA newspaper was hoping the FBI files released on Michael would have information about the investigation of his death but there wasn't - obviously... they aren't exactly going to release the files before the investigation and case is over.

Have the FBI been investigating Michael's death? I would have thought so.

Off topic--

Still, no full official autopsy reports. I wonder if we will ever get those......

^ yeah everything will eventually unfold and we'll know the offical autposy report.

You read it in IU? :lol: It's bull, IU is like MJJC's very own ''fanfic'' section only thing the fanfics ain't positive and deals with Murray and Michael's passing.

I just heard on a French news channel that is usually reliable (but now I wonder...) that Murray's lawyers are actually negociating the charges, not the way Murray will be arrested or where. And, according to their journalist, that's the reason of the problem between LAPD and the DA.

Seems crazy, I just can't believe it.

For those who speak french, here is their website , they will talk about it again (they usually repeat their news every 15 20 mn), they have a live feed on their site.

They say their sources are tabloids (that they said were not so reliable), and people in the DA's office and LAPD. No names of course.

http://www.itele.fr/

I just heard on a French news channel that is usually reliable (but now I wonder...) that Murray's lawyers are actually negociating the charges, not the way Murray will be arrested or where. And, according to their journalist, that's the reason of the problem between LAPD and the DA.

Somehow, I believe that too. There's no way there will be this much feud over whether to handcuff him or not. That's silly. I think they're arguing whether to charge Murray with manslaughter or murder.

If they have a strong solid murder case, go on and get that ball rolling.

Somehow, I believe that too. There's no way there will be this much feud over whether to handcuff him or not. That's silly. I think they're arguing whether to charge Murray with manslaughter or murder.

If they have a strong solid murder case, go on and get that ball rolling.
yes it's gotta be charges and not handcuffs.

Seems crazy, I just can't believe it.

For those who speak french, here is their website , they will talk about it again (they usually repeat their news every 15 20 mn), they have a live feed on their site.

They say their sources are tabloids (that they said were not so reliable), and people in the DA's office and LAPD. No names of course.

http://www.itele.fr/

They just repeated the news, changing a little their story : he just said they were negociating how and where Murray would be arrested / surrender , he mostly talked about that, he still said Murray's lawyers would negociate the charge(s). The second time it was unclear when they would negociate the charges.

It's difficult for me to translate well in english, what he said is that there were 2 possibilities with IM : one where he would risk up to 4 years, and another one (still IM) where he would get nothing.

I'm still praying the charge will be murder. Seriously, if the LAPD are thinking of charging Murray of that, if they have a case for that, GO FOR IT!

It's the TRUTH, and we don't want anything else!

I'm still praying the charge will be murder. Seriously, if the LAPD are thinking of charging Murray of that, if they have a case for that, GO FOR IT!

It's the TRUTH, and we don't want anything else!

What shocked me is why negociate the charges NOW ????

Well, here we don't have things like plea bargain, or settlements. If the DA or a judge decide you should go on trial, then you go to trial. You don't negociate the charges. Maybe that's why it shocked me, maybe I over reacted. .

On another hand, you're right it sounds silly for the DA and LAPD to fight over the way he is arrested.

Anyway, they clearly said they where negociating over two involutary manslaughter charges : one where he would walk free, and another one where he would risk up to 4 years. ??????

We'll just have to wait and see..

The only thing I can think of that has to do with plea bargains and debating charges is one thing. Murray could either go to court and face trial for second degree murder, or take a plea bargain and plead guilty to involuntary manslaughter. It has worked that way in previous cases.

Everybody does but how should he get 100% justice after being dead already?!... :(

No, of course not.

But it's very important for his children, his mother, his family and everybody who loved him to know exactly what happened, that those responsible are punished, and that Michael is "officially" recognised as the victim.

I really hope we will eventually know what happened, whatever the truth is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back