The Jacksons - A Family Dynasty (Live TV Stream)~ ALL POSTS GO HERE!

People saying that the group won't be the same without Mike, it's not supposed to. Van Halen with David Lee Roth doesn't sound like Van Halen with Sammy Hagar. Many Diamond Dave fans never accepted "Van Hagar", but it still had an audience. Neither camp (Roth vs. Hagar) got into Van Halen with Gary Cherone, lol. Genesis with Peter Gabriel as the lead singer is much different than with Phil Collins as the singer in sound and subject matter. The early Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green & Danny Kirwan sound nothing like the later more popular version with Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham. The Temptations with David Ruffin was more soulful and with Dennis Edwards more funky. New Edition with Johnny Gill wasn't the same as with Bobby Brown. And it doesn't have to be the singer. It can be with musicians as well such as Prince with The Revolution is different than with the New Power Generation or Prince doing a "one man band" record. Duran Duran sounds different with Andy Taylor than with Warren Cuccurullo. So the brothers can adjust their sound. The last 2 albums (Victory & 2300 Jackson Street) had less or no Michael involvement. Sure, 'Michael Jackson only' fans aren't going to like or buy any new music the brothers might release (and didn't in the 1st place), but there are fans of the other brothers.

No one said they were suppose to sound the same. We all universally agree that they will never be the same. The problem is, they are ones trying to get the 'Jackson' sound back. Which by their translation means: Motown to CBS sound. Which is impossible without Michael. Which is why Terry and Lewis directly confronted them about it and why the brothers kind of dance around the issue.

As for Victory & 2300 Jackson Street. It is widely acknowledge that Victory is not a very good album. I heard it and I must agree. They didn't even play any songs from that album for the actual tour. They say it was a time thing, but given that restructured their last tour to include music from Off the Wall when people got mad at them for not having it in the first place, I don't think time played a major role.

2300 Jackson Street was also not a very good album. Besides the title song, everything else was so-so. So, you can't really say only Michael Jackson's fans didn't like these albums because Michael was not in it because the general audience didn't like them.

Jackson fans will buy their stuff regardless of quality, however, if they want hit the mainstream they have to find a sound that reach into the heart of people. That is why Michael was popular. If only Michael Jackson's fan bought his albums, he really would had been a has been. However, he sold to everyone, despite who and where they came from. That is why he was the best selling artist in the world. He didn't just carter to fans.

People saying that the group won't be the same without Mike, it's not supposed to. Van Halen with David Lee Roth doesn't sound like Van Halen with Sammy Hagar. Many Diamond Dave fans never accepted "Van Hagar", but it still had an audience. Neither camp (Roth vs. Hagar) got into Van Halen with Gary Cherone, lol. Genesis with Peter Gabriel as the lead singer is much different than with Phil Collins as the singer in sound and subject matter. The early Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green & Danny Kirwan sound nothing like the later more popular version with Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham. The Temptations with David Ruffin was more soulful and with Dennis Edwards more funky. New Edition with Johnny Gill wasn't the same as with Bobby Brown. And it doesn't have to be the singer. It can be with musicians as well such as Prince with The Revolution is different than with the New Power Generation or Prince doing a "one man band" record. Duran Duran sounds different with Andy Taylor than with Warren Cuccurullo. So the brothers can adjust their sound. The last 2 albums (Victory & 2300 Jackson Street) had less or no Michael involvement. Sure, 'Michael Jackson only' fans aren't going to like or buy any new music the brothers might release (and didn't in the 1st place), but there are fans of the other brothers.

You are forgetting we are talking MICHAEL effing JACKSON. HUGE DIFFERENCE

Jackson fans will buy their stuff regardless of quality, however, if they want hit the mainstream they have to find a sound that reach into the heart of people. That is why Michael was popular. If only Michael Jackson's fan bought his albums, he really would had been a has been. However, he sold to everyone, despite who and where they came from. That is why he was the best selling artist in the world. He didn't just carter to fans.
They won't sell a lot to the mainstream no matter what type of music they do, because older artists don't sell anyway. Look at new albums that acts like Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, Barry Manilow, B.B. King, Duran Duran, Bobby Bland, Prince, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, Etta James, Janet Jackson, Cyndi Lauper, Eric Clapton, U2, Donny Osmond, Sting, Depeche Mode, etc. release now. They don't get any radio play, except their earlier stuff on oldie stations. They're successful as touring acts today, but not really as recording acts or "hitmakers".
You are forgetting we are talking MICHAEL effing JACKSON. HUGE DIFFERENCE
If you don't like it, don't buy it. No one is forcing you to accept the brothers. There is no reason to be negative.

Last edited:
I do not think the brothers needeed to work like michael. michael worked too hard and some may say that he worked himself into an early grave. That is not what the brothers wanted. The brothers wanted to raise a family and have a life outside of music, which they did. i wish michael had done the same. He may have been watching his grandkids grow up rather that not seeing his children grow up.
Mj's family and his kids were the most important thing in his life. i wish he had slowed down a lpittle and give himself more time to be with them.
The jacksons started their career when most kids were still plaaying with toys. They don't have anything to prove anymore. this is all just one show.

5n3dio.jpg

rep

And if any of the Jackson brothers are reading this, please enunciate when you speak. It's funny how they have to use subtitles on this show.:D

:lol: I thought so too

It's understood in my mind that the Jackson brothers are missing the major component without Michael, but I have enjoyed watching this series of shows. They are a part of my history, and I hate to see this show end if they decide to not go on.

To me, this show has been an extended view of the family of brothers that Michael was definitely a part of, and yes a major part. But sadly this may be the last link I can still watch and feel perhaps even a small understanding of what this family went through emotionally and musically. How it began and the roles each member played, where it led, the dynamic that was the Jacksons'.

Everyone is definitely entitled to their own opinion, understood. Even the ending where the brothers walk into the mausoleum, I somehow could not imagine Michael having a problem with it and the way it was done.

There will always be different opinions amongst us, to be expected. But if this show is over, with no others to follow, I have to admit to feeling a distinct sadness. I was there when they started, and to know that not only is Michael gone forever, but also this may be the last time to see the surviving brothers together, this final episode was very bittersweet for me. :(

b4fdw5.jpg

rep

you obviously don't know me. So I will let your sarcasm slide.

My post was in no way sarcastic. I meant every word. So I can only apologise that I didn't realise sooner that you have a complete lack of comprehension skills and an inability to keep a disagreement friendly. Silly me. Have a nice day. :D

jp8lmt.jpg

has anyone recorded these shows and can upload them?

Some of the episodes are in 2000 Watts but it seems like no one has episodes 3 and 4? :unsure: Might have to do some digging around to find them, or wait and see if there are re-runs that someone can record.

j5hwnp.jpg

rep

They won't sell a lot to the mainstream no matter what type of music they do, because older artists don't sell anyway. Look at new albums that acts like Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, Barry Manilow, B.B. King, Duran Duran, Bobby Bland, Prince, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, Etta James, Janet Jackson, Cyndi Lauper, Eric Clapton, U2, Donny Osmond, Sting, Depeche Mode, etc. release now. They don't get any radio play, except their earlier stuff on oldie stations. They're successful as touring acts today, but not really as recording acts or "hitmakers".

If you don't like it, don't buy it. No one is forcing you to accept the brothers.

You are right I don't buy their stuff unless Michael is on it. That is my collection but being this is a forum I will make my opinion known.

You are right I don't buy their stuff unless Michael is on it. That is my collection but being this is a forum I will make my opinion known.
I really don't understand why people waste energy to comment on people they don't like. It's like people who go to on Youtube to search for videos of songs or performers on purpose just to say the act "sucks". What exactly is the point of that?

If you don't like it, don't buy it. No one is forcing you to accept the brothers.

Most of these oldest artist don't sell because they really didn't evolve in their craft. The ones who did evolve went in a direction that the mainstream couldn't connect to.

Madonna still sells high and she is an oldest artist. Rolling Stones have not made any real new songs since I think the 80s. Bruce Springsteen stopped making music in the 90s and only really got back into it in 2001, a long time for any artist. Donny Osmond is like the rest of the Osmonds, need I say more. Paul McCartney was not that big of a seller after he left the Beatles and his music has a dated sound. Janet Jackson is in a creative rut and her music has not really grown since Velvet Rope. U2, look at Rolling Stones. Prince, look at the paragraph above.

I could go on, but this could easily turn into a college thesis. The point being that Michael was an 'older' artist and even his worst sold better than most of today's artist with high radio airplay, so you can't use that as an excuse. If they have the sound that reach the mainstream, people will buy it regardless if they young, old, or even dead.

Btw, people were not buying their stuff when the Jackson name was hot and they were finding new sounds. So, it is far more than just them being older.

I really don't understand why people waste energy to comment on people they don't like. It's like people who go to on Youtube to search for videos of songs or performers on purpose just to say the act "sucks". What exactly is the point of that?

Evidently you haven't read any of my post. I will leave it at that. You don't know anything about me sir and I you so I will not make any assumptions about you the way you are doing me.

YOU KNOW WHAT BOTHERS ME HERE, EVERYTIME SOMEONE IS MORE BIASED TOWARD MICHAEL ON THIS SITE YOU GET CALLED NAMES OR INSULTED. I SEE IT MUST BE THE NORM, IF YOU LOVE MIKE MORE ON HIS FANSITE YOU GET RIDICULED BY his own fans. THAT IS OKAY I'M USED TO IT BEEN A FAN SINCE THE SEVENTIES. I'VE LEARNED TO LIVE WITH PEOPLE COMING DOWN ON PEOPLE LIKE ME(A MICHAEL JACKSON FAN)

Last edited:
Evidently you haven't read any of my post. I will leave it at that. You don't know anything about me sir and I you so I will not make any assumptions about you the way you are doing me.
I didn't make any assumptions. You said loud and clear that you don't like the brothers or their music. I didn't say anything about you as a person. I just said I don't understand what is the need to be negative. There's plenty of Michael threads. Why come in this one? Fans here always complain about the media, tabloids, and other celebrities talking trash about Michael, yet the fans do the same about other people.

Episode 6 has now been posted for USA playback.

Go to Post #3 of this thread for the link.

Marty In LA

Last edited:
I didn't make any assumptions. You said loud and clear that you don't like the brothers or their music. I didn't say anything about you as a person. I just said I don't understand what is the need to be negative. There's plenty of Michael threads. Why come in this one? Fans here always complain about the media, tabloids, and other celebrities talking trash about Michael, yet the fans do the same about other people.

You did make an assumption that I don't like the brothers. I do like the brothers; I am not a die hard fan of theirs and I don't agree with everything they do. I have followed the Jackson 5 ; The Jacksons since I knew who I was. I still have the Ebony Magazine with Jackie in a tight ass speedo. (fine ass) so you don't know what you are saying it is understandable.

You know what I don't have to prove shit to you because you are not a notch in my life. Have a peaceful life.

Perhaps some of us hold onto the thought that the brothers with, and now without their brother, did have a connection that we can never know. How futile their efforts may now be is inconsequential in many respects to me personally; it's merely watching Michael's blood brothers doing whatever they are doing, me gaining a glimpse (perhaps unwarranted) of those that worked with him, lived with him, slept in the same bunks with, through it all, what they are like, their own distinct personalities, etc. It's about as close that we as fans can get to see the "family" that lived and directly or indirectly shaped the life that started Michael on his way to his extrordinary career-

I strongly agree!!! I ALWAYS looked forward to a new episode of the show, anxiously waiting for it to air. I loved watching their bond and personalities. It was such a treat. Then to know that they are the brothers of the greatest entertainer, greatest person that ever lived?? Unreal. I see a bit of Mike's persona in all of them.

Hopefully they will record those two songs (I actually enjoyed both of them!).

lol wow still fighting over the brothers. Michael would NOT have liked this. And you know i speak the truth.

I strongly agree!!! I ALWAYS looked forward to a new episode of the show, anxiously waiting for it to air. I loved watching their bond and personalities. It was such a treat. Then to know that they are the brothers of the greatest entertainer, greatest person that ever lived?? Unreal. I see a bit of Mike's persona in all of them.

Hopefully they will record those two songs (I actually enjoyed both of them!).
Yep. And that is what i look for. i never expected them to be perfect, cause I am not perfect. i must say, i even enjoyed their imperfections. i love every moment of it. i hope they do some more.:D

Yes, those are the tweets I was talking about.

confused about their account though. This link isn't working for me http://twitter.com/AllJack5sons. I get "sorry, the page doesn't exist". I don't follow them though, so it's not a big deal for me. I just saw all the retweets about the finale and got curious what it was going to be. Didn't expect Forest Lawn..
The link couldn't work .. just a simple 's' too much :D

Instead, take this one http://twitter.com/AllJACK5ONS

lol wow still fighting over the brothers. Michael would NOT have liked this. And you know i speak the truth.

I am not fighting over the brothers. I made a statement in disagreement and I get insulted. It has happened so many times on this site. So I am defending myself and what I said. So You guys believe what you believe and I am not going to crucify you for it but I deserve the same respect.

We don't really know what Michael would like. He could like it. You see how things can always go both ways.

I am not fighting over the brothers. I made a statement in disagreement and I get insulted. It has happened so many times on this site. So I am defending myself and what I said. So You guys believe what you believe and I am not going to crucify you for it but I deserve the same respect.

We don't really know what Michael would like. He could like it. You see how things can always go both ways.

yes i bet Michael would LOVE this bashing of his brothers. He would so join in.:smilerolleyes:

Ensleyave haven't you learned by now that you cant stand up for yourself to other fans? What you and i say goes against their opinion and we are automatically cast aside for it. But i stand by what i said early aswell but no one gets MY points so why do i bother posting here in this thread? i guess i like being in arguments over stupid ish.

yes i bet Michael would LOVE this bashing of his brothers. He would so join in.:smilerolleyes:

Ensleyave haven't you learned by now that you cant stand up for yourself to other fans? What you and i say goes against their opinion and we are automatically cast aside for it. But i stand by what i said early aswell but no one gets MY points so why do i bother posting here in this thread? i guess i like being in arguments over stupid ish.

The thing is I never bash them. I disagree with some things but some don't like it. I just MJ so. The same way they love the brothers. When someone disagree with Mike and they do all the time. We can't say anything back without getting insulted. You feel helpless because you are on a MJ fansite. If we can't protect him here where can you go. I guess I'll just keep it tucked inside the way I use to. It just make you want to explode.

I don't see anyone bashing the brothers or saying they shouldn't go on and not record anymore. They want to and that's fine. I think I agree with the producers Jam and Lewis they were talking to. Here are professional producers telling them how are they going to make this work without Michael? It's not saying they can't do it. But Michael was the lead singer and the heart and soul of the group. Now he is gone. The remaining 4 know each other but they can't even decide who is going to sing the lead. They all want to do it. They look lost at times and that's why they should not rush into anything and take their time. The producer said it is going to take baby steps and he is right.

I saw the producers telling them what they needed to hear and give advice. It's not bashing them. They can't recreate the past and just go on like nothing has changed because they are the Jacksons. They have to find a different way that works now in 2010 and beyond. Michael went beyond the Jackson 5. He grew and changed as artist and they need to do that too. The Jackson 5 can be their foundation into something new. I am not saying they are not the Jacksons anymore but they kind of have to let go of what it used to be to go into the future. At the end of the day they are brothers and they are family. That's why I liked what Tito said that no matter what they are family and they all would give anything to have Michael back even if he never sang anything again. Just to have him back and I am sure we all wish that too.

I do like the brothers. I see Michael in them and if he was there with them I can see them teasing each other and Michael laughing. I really can. Disagreeing with them doesn't mean bashing them. It's just disagreeing.

Last edited:
MJ isn't the only lead singer to leave a group and the group not be the same. There have been many groups where the lead singer went solo and they weren't the same. It's nothing new. No reason to bash the brothers. There are many jackson fans who just enjoyed seing the brothers on stage together. It doesn't matter who was the better singer or carried the group. Who Cares? Justin Timberlake carried NSYNC but girls were still screaming over the other group members as well and there fans loved them on stage together.

I do think MJ sang more soulful songs with the jacksons, especially there last 3 albums then when he went solo.

MJ isn't the only lead singer to leave a group and the group not be the same. There have been many groups where the lead singer went solo and they weren't the same. It's nothing new. No reason to bash the brothers. There are many jackson fans who just enjoyed seing the brothers on stage together. It doesn't matter who was the better singer or carried the group. Who Cares? Justin Timberlake carried NSYNC but girls were still screaming over the other group members as well and there fans loved them on stage together.

I do think MJ sang more soulful songs with the jacksons, especially there last 3 albums then when he went solo.
:clapping: i think mj was happiest as a performer when he was with his brothers.:D

The difference is that Michael is gone. I don't remember the brothers doing concerts together without Michael and doing their songs. I don't remember I mean I was only 6 when Thriller came out. If this is the first time in 40 years of show business they are doing concerts without Michael then that is a big adjustment. In the show they said the last time they performed together was 2001 with Michael in the 30th anniversary show. It's not just about a lead singer in this situation. I can't compare the Jackson 5 with Nsync or whoever. The Jackson 5 are family and Michael was their brother. It's a different situation not just musically but emotionally. That's their indentity and now part of them is gone now.

The Jacksons are not Michael and it would be pointless if they tried to do things Michael's way. That is simply not possible. As Jimmy Jam and Lewis said, they have to find a new sound and style that will become their norm since Michael is not there. Whether fans like it or not, the Jackson 5 is dead. Whatever the brothers chose to become will not be the Jacksons of old since Michael pretty much was the Jackson 5 in many ways.

One of the big things that they need to overcome is who will be the lead. You said Marlon and Jermaine, but neither one of them are lead voice material. Marlon has a fairly weak voice and Jermaine only sounds good on certain songs, namely ballets or soft R&B. None of them have that unique standout voice that Michael had and I am interested to see how they will overcome that or if they even can. You kind of see bits of this even in Tito's shows when he had a woman singing Michael's parts instead of trying it himself.

I agree. No one is saying the brothers aren't talented on their own. We all know this. But you cannot replace Michael Jackson. Without him, I really don't think they would have become as huge as they did. The Jacksons without Michael are a talented group, but with Michael they were exceptional. That's the difference. There is simply NO ONE in the group with Michael's talent and sheer charisma. He was the whole package. Trying to find a replacement for Mike is pointless, it doesn't matter if Jermaine or Marlon or whoever sings his leads, it will never be the same. They don't have the unique voice, stage presence and energy MJ did. The Jackson 5 as we all knew them are over for good and it will never be the way it was now that MJ is gone.

Unfortunately, the tragic circumstances here are something that's out of the brothers hands, so what can they do really? They can't replace Mike, as I said that's impossible, but as Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis said, they all need to re-group and figure out how to go on as the Jackson Four.
If the brothers just focus on how to go on as a unit now and make music of quality, they should do alright. They still have a solid fanbase and I really hope they make a new album together. I would like to see them succeed.

Last edited:
The difference is that Michael is gone. I don't remember the brothers doing concerts together without Michael and doing their songs. I don't remember I mean I was only 6 when Thriller came out. If this is the first time in 40 years of show business they are doing concerts without Michael then that is a big adjustment. In the show they said the last time they performed together was 2001 with Michael in the 30th anniversary show. It's not just about a lead singer in this situation. I can't compare the Jackson 5 with Nsync or whoever. The Jackson 5 are family and Michael was their brother. It's a different situation not just musically but emotionally. That's their indentity and now part of them is gone now.
Yes, and that is a major part of the reason why they are struggling to get things together. When jermaine left the group it was massive for them too. Here jackie said that michael cried inconsolably. tito didn't know how to get it together without Jermaine cause he was always there with him.
The sad thing is that some fans cannot even try to empathise with the brothers, they are acting like MJ wasn't a person with feelings and doesn't deserve to have blood brothers who love him. For them he is just a singer and dancer, a popstar. I see Mj as a human being with a family. and I would like to know that he was an active and virant part of that family and they are still in mourning for their loss. i couldn't care less if they ever get back together, but if they did, i will be cheering them on.

Who in the group ever mentioned replacing Michael jackson? jermaine is a bass player, he is not a dancer. tito is a guitarist, and jackie is a falsetto, and marlon has always done marlon. Why can't the brothers get together and do a show for their fans without all this trying to replace Mj stuff?

Yes, and that is a major part of the reason why they are struggling to get things together. When jermaine left the group it was massive for them too. Here jackie said that michael cried inconsolably. tito didn't know how to get it together without Jermaine cause he was always there with him.
The sad thing is that some fans cannot even try to empathise with the brothers, they are acting like MJ wasn't a person with feelings and doesn't deserve to have blood brothers who love him. For them he is just a singer and dancer, a popstar. I see Mj as a human being with a family. and I would like to know that he was an active and virant part of that family and they are still in mourning for their loss. i couldn't care less if they ever get back together, but if they did, i will be cheering them on.

I can only speak for myself but I see Michael as human and watching his family I see parts of him in them. When they are joking around I wish Michael was there too. Whatever they do they should take their time and not rush into anything. They are mourning and it is evident because to me they look lost in what they are doing. It doesn't mean they can't do it but they need to adjust to the situation as it now. Nobody can replace Michael but they have to restructure their group to make it work. That's what the producers wanted to know in how they were going to do that and I don't think they really know yet. That's why they should take whatever time they need to figure it out.

I can only speak for myself but I see Michael as human and watching his family I see parts of him in them. When they are joking around I wish Michael was there too. Whatever they do they should take their time and not rush into anything. They are mourning and it is evident because to me they look lost in what they are doing. It doesn't mean they can't do it but they need to adjust to the situation as it now. Nobody can replace Michael but they have to restructure their group to make it work. That's what the producers wanted to know in how they were going to do that and I don't think they really know yet. That's why they should take whatever time they need to figure it out.

Basically. If they go out there like they're still the Jackson 5 of the old days and nothing has changed, that would be the wrong approach imo. They need to figure out had to make it work with just the four of them. A lot of things need to be worked out. They obviously have a lot of work to do and I hope they can get it together.

Basically. If they go out there like they're still the Jackson 5 of the old days and nothing has changed, that would be the wrong approach imo. They need to figure out had to make it work with just the four of them. A lot of things need to be worked out. They obviously have a lot of work to do and I hope they can get it together.

If it's the first time they will perform without Michael it will be a huge adjustment since he sang most of the songs and the center of the group. Because they are family it will be an adjustment emotionally as well and they need to deal with all that first. Music is in there blood and there is no reason they shouldn't continue but they have to basically start all over again. Use what they did as a foundation build into something new. Aren't the Bee Gees going through the same thing when they lost their brother? It takes time.

Back