The "new" Vocals. What ya think of it?

I heard that those were new vocals right away too. It delights me that Michael's still able to sing like 25 years ago with his voice change and all :clap:

It's amusing to me how some of y'all are convinced it's "new". Ok, maybe WBSS '08 is new but I know "Billie Jean" and "Beat It" aren't, "The Girl is Mine" is a question mark because although it's obviously samples the '81 demo, it's not clear if the "you know, you know I care"/falsetto notes near the end are "new" or was left off the '81 demo, "P.Y.T. '08" is of course the '82 demo, and that leaves "For All Time", it could be new vocals or a second "finished" version recorded in 1989 for "Dangerous". You never know, lol. It's all good though. Mike's vocals are so that you can't tell if it's new or not, lol. It's best to say that most of the stuff was remastered for better quality and also used as a sneak attack by Sony to see where fans think it's old or new. ;)

Actually, it is pretty clear that the "you know, you know I care" part is new because at the same time, Will.I.Am is rapping the same lines. You can tell Michael is singing that part over the rap. That little ad-lib by Mike is definitely my fave part of the Thriller 25 album!

Isn't that "you know I care" in the demo? That's what I've heard.

Will could have just heard the demo and fit his rap to match it, so it sounds like MJ's singing with the rap.

Anyways, WBSS is new...and For All time as well.

There are DEFINITELY new vocals in the remixes......"you know I care" is not in the demo, and all the background vocals michael is singing while Will.I.Am is singing is all new, and he sounds frickin GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there are no new vocals

but there are some never-before-heard unreleased vocals from a demo version / cut / outtake from the song WBSS

the same goes with TGIM

nothing new, but sth we have never heard before ;)

This is From MichaelJackson.com and Michaels myspace

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008 is a new track produced by Akon and Michael, featuring Akon's vocal and a brand new 2008 Michael Jackson vocal track. Not a remix but a new version of this classic!

Epic/Legacy Recordings proudly celebrates the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson's Thriller, the world's biggest-selling album of all time, with a newly expanded deluxe edition of the phenomenal record-breaking pop culture touchstone, available on Tuesday, February 12. The Thriller - 25th Anniversary Edition will include the original album in its entirety as well as six tracks previously unreleased in any form: a new Kanye West remix of "Billie Jean"; will.i.am remixes of "The Girl is Mine" and "P.Y.T."; Fergie's version of "Beat It"; "For All Time," a rare unreleased cut from the original Thriller recording sessions, newly mixed and mastered by Michael Jackson: and the first single, a new 2008 version of "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" with Akon and will.i.am.

This is From MichaelJackson.com and Michaels myspace

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008 is a new track produced by Akon and Michael, featuring Akon's vocal and a brand new 2008 Michael Jackson vocal track. Not a remix but a new version of this classic!

Epic/Legacy Recordings proudly celebrates the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson's Thriller, the world's biggest-selling album of all time, with a newly expanded deluxe edition of the phenomenal record-breaking pop culture touchstone, available on Tuesday, February 12. The Thriller - 25th Anniversary Edition will include the original album in its entirety as well as six tracks previously unreleased in any form: a new Kanye West remix of "Billie Jean"; will.i.am remixes of "The Girl is Mine" and "P.Y.T."; Fergie's version of "Beat It"; "For All Time," a rare unreleased cut from the original Thriller recording sessions, newly mixed and mastered by Michael Jackson: and the first single, a new 2008 version of "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" with Akon and will.i.am.

yup, and you can tell the new vocals from the old ones, they are both great but different too.

I KNEW the end of 'the girl is mine' (you know, you know i care....and ad-libs) werent on the demo!! *sigh* he sounds soooo good! They even used alot of the music from the tgim demo :)

sooo, i think wbss is new vocals.

and we know pyt is from the demo, and billie jean is from the orig. album

^^^^my thoughts on the matter!!!^^^^^^

YAY mike, tricking us hard-core fans!!!!! gotta love him!

actually you know you know i care is from the demo. From the demo that comes with the girl s mine single which i own. But what i can tell you is that, the part that i think is the new mj, is when he saids "HoT" at the end.

actually you know you know i care is from the demo. From the demo that comes with the girl s mine single which i own. But what i can tell you is that, the part that i think is the new mj, is when he saids "HoT" at the end.

absolutely right. The only part that is new is the "hot" part.

:( my TGIM demo doesnt have that. Mine is like 2 minutes and thirty seconds...is it supposed to be longer?

:( my TGIM demo doesnt have that. Mine is like 2 minutes and thirty seconds...is it supposed to be longer?

Yeah the original demo is actually 3:14. They cut parts of that from the demo we've been hearing so I'm sad to tell you that the vocals you hear near the end of it DO come from the demo. Even when he sings "ooooh the girl is mine...AH!" That's from the '82 demo.

Well we can be sure that Michael Jackson sang it. I don't think the quality of the tracks will increase or decrease by when he did lol. In fact, I think the tracks will be exactly the same as they are now no matter what ;). Well, unless you **** up your CD and get it all skippy.

LOL! The only new things he added was "WBSS '08", you can tell that's his vocals NOW. They sound more raspy when he sings louder where as before it was actually CLEARER, lol. And "For All Time" had a new MJ vocal. The rest of the remakes are old MJ vocals in new productions.

I was leaning towards WBSS 08 being all new because the way he sang his part didn't even really go with the original.

The only part I've been listening to over and over is the 10 second verse sung by Michael in the "WBSS" remix, lol. That and "For All Time", which is beautiful.

What's interesting to me is that it seems that people think that Michael wouldn't be able to duplicate his own vocals.

Would he actually prefer to not sing the verses again?

I think if he wanted to he could duplicate the same verses and make them sound just as good as before. When you are in the studio you can do just about whatever you want to a track. I'm thinking he's capable.

What I love about the whole album is the new higher richer decible to the sound of the music and the vocals. I tested this out by listening to the Thriller 12" mixes and the Thriller 2001 release. The sound of Thriller 25 is tremendously better.

I can definitely hear his natural new vocals in "For All Time". It seems to pierce right through me in my earphones. Nobody but Michael does that to me.:D

Right, but he just doesn't use the same style for up tempo tracks that often anymore. I like all his styles, lol.

Last edited:
The main thing is, this man can sing. Little Michael already proved that big Michael could.

Last edited:
I dont like any of the remixes. MJ should have left all the classic songs alone. I think he ruined T-25 with William, Fergie, Akon. I just bought T-25 for a friend and he said he was very disappointed. He said it sounds like Fergie was sitting on a toilet trying to take a s#!T. ~LMDO~

I dont like any of the remixes. MJ should have left all the classic songs alone. I think he ruined T-25 with William, Fergie, Akon. I just bought T-25 for a friend and he said he was very disappointed. He said it sounds like Fergie was sitting on a toilet trying to take a s#!T. ~LMDO~

Then why is he surprised?
Fergie always sounds like she's taking a sh*t on her records...so there's no change there then. :lol:

his voice sounds feeble imo.
not powerful enough like he did back then.

Its supposed 2 sound that way, its more aggression in his voice,its a great twist to the song and its edgy, soooooo feeble is a BIG NO NO lol

Michaels vocals are good...they are just to fast pased for the track..he needed to sing it slower to match the rest of the remix...not the perfectionist i thought he was it seems.

Still great track :)

Ummmmm not the perfectionist u really need to re-think that statement buddy, seems like your getting ahead of your-self lol. The track is fine its perfect, U guyz want him 2 sound the way he did in back in his thriller years its 2008, and the vocal was bangin! Nice ruff and edgy. If it wasnt meant 2 sound that way MJ would not have released it...so NEXT!

Re: For All time Vocal Question

I'll keep it simple.

Vocals on For All Time:-
Old or new?????
:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Old. He may, just possibly, have added a little something on the bridge and towards the very end, but that's it. I've compared it to the demo.

I don't even think the WBSS08 vocals are new. They sound very Thriller era to me. I'm guessing outtake. New vocal track can easily mean previously unreleased.

Last edited:
Re: For All time Vocal Question

Old. He may, just possibly have added a little something on the bridge and towards the very end, but that's it. I've compared it to the demo.

I don't even think the WBSS08 vocals are new. They sound very Thriller era to me. I'm guessing outtake. New vocal track can easily mean previously unreleased.

That's true too.

Back