**The Official Blogthings and Quiz Thread**

if i see a guy in the street with some weird ass haircut and weird ass clothes imma assume that hes a junkie or a punk or whatever (depending on his clothes) having in mind tho that theres also a possibility that hes a normal guy like u and me who just happened to be dressed up like that for whatever reason[/b]

Lol, Roxy, I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to how the general individual would react :lol: :flowers:

J5master, you speak my language :kickass:

You Are a Little Prejudiced

prejudiced-2.jpg

You can't help but judge people a little based on your personal biases.
But you tend to be aware of your prejudices, and you fight them the best you can.
Most people are more like you than they'd care to admit... but it doesn't mean you shouldn't change.
Remember to take each person as an individual. It's not fair to judge someone based on their background or subculture.

Are You Prejudiced?

http://www.blogthings.com/areyouprejudicedquiz/

Am I now bad person :eek: :D

Intresting debate here! :yes: And when you came to think about it all started from some silly quiz :rolleyes:

Imma say my piece of mind, yes it's true, we all have our prejudices. I for once, judge people not by the way they look, but by the way they talk, or to be more precise, what they are talking. I know it's bad letting my instincts dominating me, but most of the time I was right, so it's helpful, for me! :flowers:

Again, intresting debate, but for God sake, we were doing those quizes for the fun, not for somekind of competition. Have in mind that NOT everyone emphasize their features ;)

Lol, Roxy, I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to how the general individual would react :lol: :flowers:[/b]
yes i know hun ;) i believe the general individual would react the same in a situation like this :flowers:

You Are Not Prejudiced

Not only are you color blind, but you're also ethnicity blind, gender blind, and sexual orientation blind.
You don't judge someone until you truly know them. And even then, you're probably reluctant to judge.
You try to treat everyone equally. Everyone has a fair chance with you.
Good job - there's not a prejudiced bone in your body.

:cookiemonster:

Imma say my piece of mind, yes it's true, we all have our prejudices. I for once, judge people not by the way they look, but by the way they talk, or to be more precise, what they are talking. I know it's bad letting my instincts dominating me, but most of the time I was right, so it's helpful, for me! :flowers:[/b]

this is not prejudice in my opinion :no: prejudice is not to give someone equal chances, in any level

judging someone after you know him/her is one thing, and judging a whole group of people by default is another thing

I won't hide that I've also faced prejudice, during all my life, and I still do, and maybe I will till I die :huh:

since a little girl I was told what a girl/woman can/is allowed/supposed to do, and what not :huh:

and the thing is, my character and my dreams for life are quite different than the "expected" for a greek woman :huh:

so, I keep hearing during all my life that I'm wrong, that women do this, and they don't do that :huh:

this is not prejudice in my opinion :no: prejudice is not to give someone equal chances, in any level[/b]
thats discrimination...

yes i know hun ;) i believe the general individual would react the same in a situation like this :flowers:[/b]

Unfortunately, no...... I know and I've seen too many people's reactions in such situations, and trust me, people love to judge before they know :flowers:

i think this has nothing to do with prejudice at all. this is more of an envy. it's human nature to want what we do not have. why do people pick on celebrities? bec. we see them as beautiful and famous and all that stuff and we see them as being a notch higher than all of us. like they are little gods and goddesses.they are up there. they are stars! that's what sets them apart from ordinary souls like u and me. that is the reason why an ordinary person who makes the same mistake as britney is not given as much attention as when she does them. it's an assurance that these people-celebrities as they are, are no different from u and me. they make mistakes and are magnified bec. they are larger thank life!

going back to the topic..prejudice is a learned thing .yeah parents do have a lot of responsibility in forming bias among kids. people's opinions have to do on how they were raised and by some unpleasant experience that they may have encountered in the past. i think wecan overcome these by just following the golden rule--y'know "do not do unto others what u do not want others do unto u"[/b]
It is still a form of prejudice in which someone seem to dislike folks who have more than them. Again, this is prejudice based on a ECONOMIC level. There are fine lines between all of these things. Celebs are NO DIFFERENT than you are me. Being a movie star, musician, tv star, etc are called CAREERS just like I am in a career. Just because MAN said that these people are larger than life (isnt this the same when people form a belief about people in other areas of life? it is all the same thing.), does not mean these people are larger. I am sure if they get shot, they will die just like anyone else. So again, this is a form of prejudice.

<<<<it&#39;s an assurance that these people-celebrities><>>>> The ONLY assurance to show these people are no different than anyone else is the fact that they are HUMAN. No more or no less.

i guess what we cannot agree on here is just semantics. the words bias,labelling,prejudice,discrimination and the like are interrelated but it does not mean they all mean the same. in the context of what celebs are referred to, I said they are not like u and me in the sense that we see them on the screen---movies, boob tube and bec. of their status, whatever they do becomes news! we see them constantly in a fish bowl and bec. they are celebrities, people take notice of everything they do.reporters pick up all their moves and we are made aware of every action they make.the very word celebrity makes them diferrent from u and me. their lives are not normal. yes, we work just like them but is there a mob if i step out of my house? nobody may even care. thats what i mean when i say they are different.
us as viewers create a certain affinity ec. we are bombarded by their images everyday. they are made part of our daily existence and bec. we are human, we are bound to judge their behaviour according to what is reported, according to what we see (or what the media let's us see).it is human nature to rationalize and form opinions but this may change from time to time bec. these perceptions are only based on the information available and how one's thoughts process these information.

prejudice on an economic level would be more like this.."he is rich, he probably will look down an someone who is poor". even without much information presented, an opinion is already raised basing on his economic status alone. it is not at all like that when celebs are judged. an information is first presented to the public before opinions are formed

I won't hide that I've also faced prejudice, during all my life, and I still do, and maybe I will till I die :huh:

since a little girl I was told what a girl/woman can/is allowed/supposed to do, and what not :huh:

and the thing is, my character and my dreams for life are quite different than the "expected" for a greek woman :huh:

so, I keep hearing during all my life that I'm wrong, that women do this, and they don't do that :huh:[/b]

:flowers: been there, done that, left it behind :yes:

oohhh...except I'm a Romanian woman :D

I guess, as gender concerns, it's a combo between society pressure and sexual discrimination :(

:flowers: been there, done that, left it behind :yes:

oohhh...except I'm a Romanian woman :D

I guess, as gender concerns, it's a combo between society pressure and sexual discrimination :([/b]

yeah, and this is stereo typing but i think it is up to us to make our own mold. to do the things that we want as long as we do not step on other people. we should not allow society to dictate what we can and what we cannot do. we shld not allow anyone to put us in a box. of course, this is easier said than done but someone has to start....

we should not allow anyone to put us in a box[/b]
I fought it all my life. I mean, as long as I'm not doing something unchaste or illegal, don't imprison me in a immaginary box, don't point your finger at me, just because I'm a woman...unfortunatelly even women judge other women that don't act the same

When you're at a specific "man" sector at university, and the professor says you can't finish it because you are a woman, and women don't have the required skills, you have to study twice as much as a man in order to take your degree, and be respected by your collegues. I am electronic engineer, and believe me, it wasn't easy. Everybody, professors and collegues, were biased against me. And it wasn't the only sector where I faced prejudice of this kind.

i experienced prejudice of that sort myself. i initially took up engineering in college. of course, u have t-squares for ur drawing needs. one of ny professor told the women in class (there were 3 of us), "if i were u, i'd shift to dressmaking (!). if ever u fail in my class, ud have better use for those t-squares". :wtf2 what a sexist comment! u just have to strive harder to prove ur worth!

Your Personality is the Rarest (INFJ)

personality.jpg

Your personality type is introspective, principled, self critical, and sensitive.

Only about 2% of all people have your personality - including 3% of all women and around 1% of all men.
You are Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging.

^ 15 :lol:

You Are 26 Years Old

cake.jpg

Under 12: You are a kid at heart. You still have an optimistic life view - and you look at the world with awe.

13-19: You are a teenager at heart. You question authority and are still trying to find your place in this world.

20-29: You are a twentysomething at heart. You feel excited about what's to come... love, work, and new experiences.

30-39: You are a thirtysomething at heart. You've had a taste of success and true love, but you want more!

40+: You are a mature adult. You've been through most of the ups and downs of life already. Now you get to sit back and relax.

What Age Do You Act?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatagequiz/

don't worry, Poe. I got the same result :lol:

Back