Votes: 23 5.3%
  • Christina

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Beyoncé

Votes: 28 6.4%
  • Pink

Votes: 3 0.7%

• Total voters
^^^ I agree but there is a difference between forcing your opinion versus having a healthy debate.. thats what discussion boards are for. To agree, to disagree and to maybe show a different side to a person... its all of that but their going to feel how they feel regardless like u said

In addition to that, if someone disagreed with me, I wouldn't force my opinion on them and tell them their opinion was wrong and mine was right. But whatever floats your boat.

Who is doing that? We are giving facts, opinions, and having open friendly discussion (or at least that WAS what was happening). As I said before, just because the poll didn't go your way doesn't mean you have to be nasty about it.

Someone always has to ruin the fun.

Like I said, I wouldn't waste my time making threads so others could put a stamp of approval on my opinion. If I already have it made up in my mind on who the Queen of Pop is, I wouldn't try to make others see my POV. But whatever helps you sleep at night. :coffee:

Like I said, I wouldn't waste my time making threads so others could put a stamp of approval on my opinion. If I already have it made up in my mind on who the Queen of Pop is, I wouldn't try to make others see my POV. But whatever helps you sleep at night. :coffee:

Repeating yourself won't make what you say accurate.

:woohoo: I finally found the CD/studio version of "Live To Tell" on Youtube!

*does a backflip*

Okay, so here's my all-time favorite song from my Madonna. I have been singing this song karaoke-style for years and years... and it has helped me SO much SO many times with whatever hardships, heartaches, or pain I am going through in my life at the time. :pray: I truly love her for this beautiful and meaningful song, and she sounds just perfect. :cry:

Madonna - Live To Tell (studio version)

OMG :wild: That's my favorite from her too. I ADORE that song, it's so deep, so meaningful, so haunting, so beautiful :lol: I also love love Papa Don't Preach, La Isla Bonita, I'll Remember, Frozen, The Power of Goodbye,... I dislike her recent directions, wish she could make another Ray of Light. But she's Madonna, you never know what ur gonna get with her, don't you^! I never expect anything when it comes to Madonna.
And I also love Madonna's voice. She's may not be Whitney, Celine, or Mariah but her voice is very distinctive, pleasant and suits her songs, at least to my ears :D. If a good singer is someone who does vocal gymnastics in every song, then I thank God Madonna is not a good singer :lol:

Last edited:
S&S:MOST SUCCESSFUL TOUR BY A SOLO ARTIST IN HISTORY

September 2nd, 2009

game_over-225x300.jpg

‘STICKY & SWEET’ TOUR BECOMES MOST SUCCESSFUL TOUR BY A SOLO ARTIST IN HISTORY

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — Madonna’s “Sticky & Sweet” Tour
made history as it wrapped up last night with two final shows in Tel Aviv,
Israel at Yehoshua Gardens (HaYarkon Park, September 1 and 2). The Material
Girl more than lives up to her name, as her tour becomes the most successful
tour ever by a solo artist. After playing 85 shows since its launch in August
2008, Madonna’s “Sticky & Sweet” has drawn more than 3.5 million fans in 32
countries and has grossed $408 million, it was announced today by Live Nation,
the tour’s global producer. “Sticky & Sweet” is also the second highest
grossing tour of all time.

Madonna set an attendance record for the biggest crowds in history in Zurich,
Switzerland, where she drew the largest audience ever assembled for a show in
that country (72,000). Her Gothenburg, Sweden show, seen by 119,000 fans,
broke the record for highest grossing multiple shows in the country’s history.
In Helsinki, Finland, “Sticky & Sweet” sold more than 85,000 tickets, making
it the biggest single show by an artist in history for all of Scandinavia.
Other highlights on the tour included stops in Buenos Aires, Argentina
(256,000), Santiago, Chile (146,000), Sao Paulo, Brazil (203,000), Tallinn,
Estonia (72,000), Warsaw, Poland (79,000), Bucharest, Romania (69,000), and
Sofia, Bulgaria (54,000).

“With ‘Sticky & Sweet’ Madonna has proven yet again that there is virtually no
limit to what she can accomplish both creatively and commercially,” said
Arthur Fogel, Live Nation’s Chairman of Global Music and CEO of Global
Touring.

“Sticky & Sweet” broke Madonna’s previous record of most successful tour by a
solo artist with her 2006 Confessions Tour, which grossed $194 million.

Madonna’s upcoming CD, “CELEBRATION” – the definitive Madonna collection – is
scheduled to be released at the end of September.

Source: PRNewswire

Although she isn't my personal favourite from the list, based on creativity, reinvention, and longevity, Madonna is no doubt the queen.

S&S:MOST SUCCESSFUL TOUR BY A SOLO ARTIST IN HISTORY

September 2nd, 2009

game_over-225x300.jpg

‘STICKY & SWEET’ TOUR BECOMES MOST SUCCESSFUL TOUR BY A SOLO ARTIST IN HISTORY

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — Madonna’s “Sticky & Sweet” Tour
made history as it wrapped up last night with two final shows in Tel Aviv,
Israel at Yehoshua Gardens (HaYarkon Park, September 1 and 2). The Material
Girl more than lives up to her name, as her tour becomes the most successful
tour ever by a solo artist. After playing 85 shows since its launch in August
2008, Madonna’s “Sticky & Sweet” has drawn more than 3.5 million fans in 32
countries and has grossed $408 million, it was announced today by Live Nation,
the tour’s global producer. “Sticky & Sweet” is also the second highest
grossing tour of all time.

Madonna set an attendance record for the biggest crowds in history in Zurich,
Switzerland, where she drew the largest audience ever assembled for a show in
that country (72,000). Her Gothenburg, Sweden show, seen by 119,000 fans,
broke the record for highest grossing multiple shows in the country’s history.
In Helsinki, Finland, “Sticky & Sweet” sold more than 85,000 tickets, making
it the biggest single show by an artist in history for all of Scandinavia.
Other highlights on the tour included stops in Buenos Aires, Argentina
(256,000), Santiago, Chile (146,000), Sao Paulo, Brazil (203,000), Tallinn,
Estonia (72,000), Warsaw, Poland (79,000), Bucharest, Romania (69,000), and
Sofia, Bulgaria (54,000).

“With ‘Sticky & Sweet’ Madonna has proven yet again that there is virtually no
limit to what she can accomplish both creatively and commercially,” said
Arthur Fogel, Live Nation’s Chairman of Global Music and CEO of Global
Touring.

“Sticky & Sweet” broke Madonna’s previous record of most successful tour by a
solo artist with her 2006 Confessions Tour, which grossed $194 million.

Madonna’s upcoming CD, “CELEBRATION” – the definitive Madonna collection – is
scheduled to be released at the end of September.

Source: PRNewswire

Well damn M!!! lol

madonna has 100 votes and the woman can't even sing. shes very successful and that still puzzles me...

madonna has 100 votes and the woman can't even sing. shes very successful and that still puzzles me...

Well, that is your opinion. You're entitled to it. However, as said before there are those who feel differently. There are different opinions as far as vocal talent goes. I honestly find Madonna to be vocally talented in her own way. She can and has sang songs very well from all genres of music. No, she can't do mindless riffs, coos, or powerhouse it like Aretha or even Beyonce, but that does NOT a bad singer make.

It's really not that hard to understand why she is so successful. She has a great catalog of pop classics and is a fantastic entertainer/artist. Combine that with a strong will, incredible work ethic, and business savvy and you get the iconic and legendary Madonna.

Look at her skin! ;)

Oh God... here we go. :doh:

You'll say absolutely anything to discredit her, won't you? I'm not sure what Madonna ever did to you but check your issues at the door.

That was an incredibly ignorant statement to make. What does being white have to do with anything? Michael Jackson was black, Prince is black, Janet is black, Whitney is black, Mariah is black, and on and on and on and all are VERY successful and were/are Madonna's contemporaries.

If Madonna is what she is today because of her race, then why aren't all the white women singers of her era before and beyond just as iconic and legendary???

The race card isn't the answer to everything.

Think before you speak.

Last edited:
Look at her skin! ;)

Lol, a desperate attempt at discrediting Madonna? strangely enough it seems like most female music icons are black?? or you also feel like Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross, Billie Holliday etc. have only become the musical icons they have because they are black??

PERFECT!

Look at her skin!

White people are, usually, more well treated by the media, mainly in USA.
If Madonna was black, the media wouldn't be kissing her ass. It's a sinister truth: racism is still a big issue in today's society.

Race is MUCH less of a factor in determining an artists' success than it was in the days of old. Michael deserves a lot of the credit for that. Good looks however does play a MUCH bigger part than ever before. If Madonna, Janet, Beyonce, Britney, Mariah, Christina, Shakira and the rest of 'em had a pimple on their nose and were forty pounds heavier their record sales would be nowhere near what they are. Like them or not - Aretha, Janis Joplin, Carole King and so on have become legends because of how they sound. They wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of making it that big these days. A moderately talented girl with the looks of a supermodel has a much better chance of making it today than a plain looking woman who's a musical genius. THAT'S what the discrimination is all about today.

Oh God... here we go. :doh:

You'll say absolutely anything to discredit her, won't you? I'm not sure what Madonna ever did to you but check your issues at the door.

That was an incredibly ignorant statement to make. What does being white have to do with anything? Michael Jackson was black, Prince is black, Janet is black, Whitney is black, Mariah is black, and on and on and on and all are VERY successful and were/are Madonna's contemporaries.

If Madonna is what she is today because of her race, then why aren't all the white women singers of her era before and beyond just as iconic and legendary???

The race card isn't the answer to everything.

Think before you speak.

Lol, a desperate attempt at discrediting Madonna? strangely enough it seems like most female music icons are black?? or you also feel like Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross, Billie Holliday etc. have only become the musical icons they have because they are black??

Open your eyes....

Madonna gets away with so much but once the SB incident happens Janet gets scrutinized!?! And you're trying to tell me race doesn't play factor!?! GTFOH!

PERFECT!

White people are, usually, more well treated by the media, mainly in USA.
If Madonna was black, the media wouldn't be kissing her ass. It's a sinister truth: racism is still a big issue in today's society.

EXACTLY!

I'm not the one to scream racism or anything. Do you honestly think Madonna would get away with the things she has done in her career if she were a black woman? No. Race does play a factor to why Madonna is so popular and as well with Britney Spears.

Madonna gets away with so much but once the SB incident happens Janet gets scrutinized!?!
Well, I have to admit that you have a point there. If ever there was a case of much ado about nothing it must have been the SB incident.

Well, I have to admit that you have a point there. If ever there was a case of much ado about nothing it must have been the SB incident.

No, it's not only the SB! Janet gets teased for singing about sex. And is written off for that but people seem to forget that Madonna sings about sex like no other and is 51! Race is embedded in the back of everyone's head even if you or anyone claims to not see race as factor. It is! Let's say Janet were a white woman and JT was a black man and the SB happened! Who would get the fault? JT, of course! America doesn't want to see a black woman's sexuality displayed they say the black community have the highest aids rate when most of the patients checking to the government hospitals are WHITE MALES! Please give me a break! and don't try to tell me race doesn't play the factor! It's just another way to push this issue to the side!

People spit on Janet right after the SB and MJ during his trials! It's all because of one thing.

People spit on Janet right after the SB and MJ during his trials! It's all because of one thing.
Not in all cases, no one really says anything about R. Kelly. Whatever he was alleged of doing didn't hurt his career. Neither was the careers of James Brown, Richard Pryor, Tupac, Snoop Dogg, Chuck Berry, and others were affected much by any scandal.

Not in all cases, no one really says anything about R. Kelly. Whatever he was alleged of doing didn't hurt his career. Neither was the careers of James Brown, Richard Pryor, Tupac, Snoop Dogg, Chuck Berry, and others were affected much by any scandal.

Janet's a woman.

But you mentioned Mike, and he's a male. Lil Kim is female and her career wasn't hurt by going to jail, she came out and went straight to Dancing With The Stars.

*falls to the floor*

Lil Kim? :lol:

Well, erase what I said about MJ lol

Back