The release of a second Single is Urgent now...

If they release BTM, I think they should cut out the sax opening. Something needs to be cut, since it's over 5 minutes long. They could also cut out the woman's awful singing at the very end. For HT, they need to cut out Taryll and remix it with just Michael. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah I don't like the singing at the end of BTM at all..

Last edited:
true. but interms of promo a video is better than not having one.but interms of relevence to us yeah u are right

The way I see it, there is no point also releasing another video without Michael being here..it doesn't work anymore imo.

Imo people want to see Michael no matter if the footage is old if it's just unseen. So like 'home movie' stuff (like Private Home Movies) or then public footage by his own camera man or stuff like that would work. I am pretty sure there's also much footage from different dance rehearsals and studio sessions. You can make many movies from those. I think Michael would approve if they showed how were his good times through his life. People would learn to remember him like that. They shouldn't go too far with the 'monster' stuff but pure joy. I believe Michael would love that.

HT as next single
Best of Joy as 3rd single
Monster as 4th single
AD as 5th single
MTS as 6th single.

THAT would be great!!!

I heard Teddy Riley will be working on the video to "Hollywood Tonight". Is it true?
I'd love "HT" to be the next single. BTW I like Shanice's singing at the end of "Behnd the Mask" - it gives a nice closure to this song... We don't know - maybe it was Michael's idea?

I know this is controversial but Monster has to be a single. When I have non fan friends in my car and this one comes on they ask me to turn it up and they love it. Its a song that will appeal to the general public, its up tempo and lets be honest, it screams hit.

I know this is controversial but Monster has to be a single. When I have non fan friends in my car and this one comes on they ask me to turn it up and they love it. Its a song that will appeal to the general public, its up tempo and lets be honest, it screams hit.

Agreed! if they can come up with something unique to promote this, it will help the album to move up. The song has interesting elements and sound effects.

Agreed. This has he potential to be a big hit for MJ.

It would really suck if they release Monster. It's already caused enough controversy, I hope they don't make it a single. Hollywood Tonight is much better and w/o the controversy.

if monster is released as a second single, everytime it comes on, ill tell all my friends it is my personal opinion that its fake and not to listen to it. "Why do you keep stalkin me?!" LOL. that whole bit is the funniest part of the song.

.....as for HT, the speaking part in the middle of that song is brilliant and powerful, reminds me of thriller......

.....as for BTM, eh, that song's dangerous. I hope no one gets in a wreck with that song playing in their car........

the reason for the declining sales of this album is the three cascio tracks. fans tell all their friends not to buy the album.

Last edited:
Monster is a bad song and its not Michael singing (imo before you attack). I think it will be a disgrace and a shame to MJ's legacy if they release it as the next single.. so I hoping for Hollywood Tonight.

HT is very classy and the opening with the woman singing, the middle with the man speaking, the beatboxing, is all very unique. That's Michael.

but I doubt sony/estate will listen to Michael's fans.....they want to do things their way because they know Michael's music more than us.

Last edited:
But Monster was the most downloaded track on iTunes from the album (after HMH), so maybe that's what Sony are looking at if they pick it as a single. It's also catchy and radio-friendly.

I personally prefer HT, because it's not controversial and IMO it's a bit more radio-friendly than Monster, but I wouldn't mind Monster either as long as they do the promotion right.

BTM is a great song (the best on the album IMO), but I don't think radio will pay it much attention, it sounds a bit retro.

Honestly, just the thought of them releasing Monster as a single makes me cringe. I agree it's a hit worthy song in Today's market, but it sounds nothing like MJ, and MJ's long term legacy is far more important than putting out a song that half the fan base thinks is a joke just to cater to today's market. This whole thing makes me sick.

They should stick to the songs that are undoubtedly, 100% MJ when picking the singles.

The thought of Monster being a single just makes me sick. If it is released then i refuse to support it because i believe that it's not MJ singing on it.

Sorry but i won't support a song with fake (my opinion) vocals just so the name Michael Jackson will get to number 1.

it's just a joke if y'all haven't noticed.

peace.

for me (if they have to release a second single) it would be HT.

Having Behind The Mask as a single is a huge risk taker because (like i said before) it sounds nothing like anything that's being played in the mainstream music scene right now. The fact that Behind The Mask is a huge risk taker is the one of the main reasons why i think it should be a single. No one takes risks with music now a day. Everyone just plays it safe and no one dares to make them selves stand out from what's in the top 20 charts right now.

Behind The Mask could be that song that dared to be different. A song that wasn't afraid to stand out and not be tied down to the ''rules'' that the mainstream music scene has set up for artists today.

I would release HOLLYWOOD TONIGHT. Great, great song. Can't get enough of it...

I agree on HT, Monster 'could' be controversial and (can't remember the name of the song) PLEASE don't release the song with the sax solo!!

Hollywood Tonight had huge potential... the only thing it has going for it is the very catchy chorus. I've previewed the album to probably 100 people (fans and non fans), and HT gets people moving but the chorus is the only killer part. The voiceover saying "Hollywood" at the end gets annoying and the spoken bridge doesn't fit. MJ could easily make this a #1 hit but unfortunately he's not here.

The only other song that has hit potential is Monster. All of the people I've had listen to the album cite this song as one of their favorites. It has huge potential.

I personally think they'll either go with Monster or Another Day because 50 Cent and Lenny Kravitz can bring attention and help with promotion.

I agree some songs don't sound that much Michael when talking about the feel. All those Cascio tracks doesn't have a perfect Michael Jackson feel. Probably 'Breaking News' has the most. In the future why don't they just put out like 20 snippets and the people could vote what songs should be on the album. I still like the album very much and I would like to see what impact 'Hollywood Tonight' and 'Another Day' would have as a single.. Michael liked 'Hollywood Tonight' much too.

Isnt' it strange... i love this album but i can't see many songs being a hit with the exception of monster! Hollywood tonight is good but it misses something!

Then, with the next album you have blue ganster, slave to the rhythm and do you know where your children are! Three songs i already see being HUGE hits!!! And maybe there are many more too on that album?

Back