The release of a second Single is Urgent now...

Behind The Mask or Another Day for me. Both excellent, BTM is better but AD could be promoted by Kravitz.

Behind The Mask or Hollywood Tonight would make great singles.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem as if Sony are that interested in pushing the album, so it really doesn't seem any point in releasing any more singles.

^ Don't be so negative. The album is doing quite well, and could do better with a monster hit on it. I'm sure Sony realises this. At least 3 songs could be this monster hit: Behind the Mask, Monster, Another Day. I seem to be the only one not seeing Hollywood Tonight's hit potential. Maybe if the spoken bridge was cut and chhanged for a rap or rather more Michael. More Michael is always good. I really think if Hold My Hand would be all Michael it would have been a bigger succes. The first verse is just divine because of him, the rest is just ok.

^ Don't be so negative. The album is doing quite well, and could do better with a monster hit on it. I'm sure Sony realises this. At least 3 songs could be this monster hit: Behind the Mask, Monster, Another Day. I seem to be the only one not seeing Hollywood Tonight's hit potential. Maybe if the spoken bridge was cut and chhanged for a rap or rather more Michael. More Michael is always good. I really think if Hold My Hand would be all Michael it would have been a bigger succes. The first verse is just divine because of him, the rest is just ok.

I'm not being negative, I just don't see the point in releasing a second single if they don't bother to promote it much.

HMH was the lead single and the promo was a bit lacklustre. I don't see them pulling out all the stops to promote a second single.

I'm not being negative, I just don't see the point in releasing a second single if they don't bother to promote it much.

HMH was the lead single and the promo was a bit lacklustre. I don't see them pulling out all the stops to promote a second single.

I do. When a song has hit written all over it, it will be played by radio stations. People will hear it, talk about it, mouth to mouth, clubbing, best promotion you can imagine. The album will sell itself. Sony just has to make a cool video (in time!) with Michael's own camera footage from his tours and some studio footage if it exists. This will create new fans and will make us very very happy. Me at least. More Michael is key.

If you look at facebook for example you see monster is the most popular 839 then hollywood tonight 153 and behind the mask 133.
I think many are wrong thinking hollywood tonight will be the hit we need. In my opinion, monster will be a monster hit :D

I agree with the opinion earlier that they just might not release a second single. I like seven of the tracks on "Michael" but I don't really feel any of them fit in today's market. And that's okay. I LOVE "Best of Joy" and "Much Too Soon," and I haven't heard anything like these gems on the radio in ages. Now, "Blue Gangster" or "Slave to the Rhythm"? Killer hits, IMHO.

I agree with the opinion earlier that they just might not release a second single. I like seven of the tracks on "Michael" but I don't really feel any of them fit in today's market. And that's okay. I LOVE "Best of Joy" and "Much Too Soon," and I haven't heard anything like these gems on the radio in ages. Now, "Blue Gangster" or "Slave to the Rhythm"? Killer hits, IMHO.

I think do you know where your children are can be a huge hit also!
The next album will be an even bigger succes IMO!

I really think monster will be a huge hit on the radio!

For me HT makes most sense, it's very radiofriendly, could be played on every radiostation, not just Hip Hop radio, which I think Monster would be played on most time. Monster is also too long imo...

Unfortunately it doesn't seem as if Sony are that interested in pushing the album, so it really doesn't seem any point in releasing any more singles.

it's too early to tell. It's the holiday season now anything they'll do will go to waste. we'll see what they'll do in january and later.

Behind The Mask or Hollywood Tonight would make great singles.

I swear if it gets more singles than Invincible (two) I'm gonna be pissed. They really couldn't wait 'til he was dead could they?

I swear if it gets more singles than Invincible (two) I'm gonna be pissed. They really couldn't wait 'til he was dead could they?

What I'm told is that Sony's going to release 2 more Singles after HMH.
I think someone of the insiders told us some weeks ago...

Indeed it is. I can count another seven potential singles from that record.

What singles (those without controversy) are there on Michael? I think:

Hollywood Tonight in a shorter edit - bring it back to three minutes.
Another Day with a longer and harder three-minute Buckethead solo.
Behind The Mask without the nothing-to-add crowd noise.
Best Of Joy as is.

Indeed it is. I can count another seven potential singles from that record.

What singles (those without controversy) are there on Michael? I think:

Hollywood Tonight in a shorter edit - bring it back to three minutes.
Another Day with a longer and harder three-minute Buckethead solo.
Behind The Mask without the nothing-to-add crowd noise.
Best Of Joy as is.

Great idea!

Lets scare the bejesus out of 98% of MJ's fanbase.

;)

Turn it into something like Shackler's Revenge. It'd be worth a laugh at least.

I remember watching Orianthi on TII and thinking how amazing it would be to see Buckethead do the Beat It solo.

We all know BH is a fan, but I don't know if MJ would've been comfortable sharing a stage with someone more eccentric than he is.

I remember watching Orianthi on TII and thinking how amazing it would be to see Buckethead do the Beat It solo.

We all know BH is a fan, but I don't know if MJ would've been comfortable sharing a stage with someone more eccentric than he is.

The headlines the next day: ''Michael Jackson shares stage with weirdo wearing KFC bucket''.

Michael was an innovator. Why should his songs "fit" in todays market?? Michael was unique because of that. He didn't have to "fit" anywhere. The others had to adapt in his standarts. Having said that i think that they should realease BTM because it's a killer song and we can finally hear something different from the canned music of today. I also like HT and AD and Monster. But i think that BTM would blow some speakers up.

I think 'Hollywood Tonight' would be the best choice for the single release next.. It would be idiotic not to release it as a single at all.. Well, you can expect anything from Sony.

Traditionally the second single from his albums has always been an up tempo single so I guess we'll just have to wait for the news from Sony.

Traditionally the second single from his albums has always been an up tempo single so I guess we'll just have to wait for the news from Sony.

Not for a while now. HIStory; You Are Not Alone, Invincible; Cry.

A double single : Hollywood Tonight / Monster
What links the two together is the word Hollywood :D

I hope something does get released. I think with holidays it might get overlooked so hopefully once it's over something will happen. I hope.:angel:

I hope something does get released. I think with holidays it might get overlooked so hopefully once it's over something will happen. I hope.:angel:

Something's coming, I'm certain of it. Sometime in mid January I guess...:angel:

Back