The release of a second Single is Urgent now...

At the moment there are plans for the following singles (subject to modifications!)

• single #2: "Monster"
  • single #3: "Keep Your Head Up"

No word about "Hollywood Tonight" but Teddy Riley is said to have recorded a remix.

from where do you get these info pleasse ?

The massive drop in the UK is concerning and it looks like a similar thing will happen in the US making a second single release very important. The album should jump back once a new single is out.

Just the UK holiday chaos with the low price boom. Next week will be a normal chart run.

"Michael" has sold worldwide at least the following so far:
- week #1: 734.000+
- week #2: 502.000+
- week #3: ?

I agree. HMH was a slow song and it would be foolish to release another slow song like KYHU as a Single. It has to be an uptempo song, something to dance to!

I agree. And I think it needs to come out before the end of January along with a revamped promo campaign for the album. Just my feeling.

Next single should be a club banger.

HT, BTM, AD or Monster. - hopefully all four will be released as single someday.

loka - agreed.

It should be released ASAP.

Behind The Mask should be the second single thei release imo. It's a classic MJ song but with a twist... its a classic but at the same time it sounds fresh and i think the general public/non MJ fans would like it. That just my opinion though.

I wonder why the guys working at MJ's extate don't just go on the internet and search for forums like this one and see what the fans... he actual fans who buy the actual album and went to keep his legacy alive want.

I think realistically the end of the month/early Feb for a next single for adequate promotion and airplay. This needs to be a hit really, we'll see the album go back up when it does.

I hope it will never be #1 in France or it will be a shame. A scam should not be sold.

No problem. Other countries will be honored to have the song as number one. Countries with people who do not spit in a work of a lifetime and call it a scam.

There will only be two more singles and the best choices are obviously HT and Monster. The latter one deserves an amazing animated video, so maybe they should wait with that one until they are done with that. HT is the choice for second single and the video should just tell the story of the girl coming to Hollywood. The rest of the songs doesn't have a wider potential as singles, even though they are good songs.

Because of the relative failure of the album, it's unlikely Sony will bother with another single. The album is already old news now.

At the moment there are plans for the following singles (subject to modifications!)

• single #2: "Monster"
  • single #3: "Keep Your Head Up"

No word about "Hollywood Tonight" but Teddy Riley is said to have recorded a remix.

Two Cascio tracks? I don't think they'd be that confident.

And who thought KYHU would be a good single? MJ vocals or not, it is not single-worthy.

Because of the relative failure of the album, it's unlikely Sony will bother with another single. The album is already old news now.

For God sakes, there are many albums whose first singles are flops and then a second or even a third single becomes successful and saves it. The latest example I can think of right now is Rihanna's "Rated R" album -- the first single "Russian Roulette" did nothing in the charts, the second "Hard" did even less and then the third was "Rude Boy" which became a big hit and saved the album.

And that's just one of many, many examples. So just because a first single may under perform, doesn't necessarily means the record label won't bother with follow ups.

Enough. Please try and tone it down, or keep it acceptable. The amount of times staff are having to clean these threads is becoming a joke. Just stop and think before posting.

i thougt the album did very well????

Hope that they give hold my hand some change and then come with a second single.

Monster or hollywood tonight are it for me.. Is there any decision yet about if and which single it will be?

For God sakes, there are many albums whose first singles are flops and then a second or even a third single becomes successful and saves it. The latest example I can think of right now is Rihanna's "Rated R" album -- the first single "Russian Roulette" did nothing in the charts, the second "Hard" did even less and then the third was "Rude Boy" which became a big hit and saved the album.

And that's just one of many, many examples. So just because a first single may under perform, doesn't necessarily means the record label won't bother with follow ups.

In the US 'Scream' was much smaller hit than YANA which was released 2,5 months later and which was the first single in the history to debut #1. YANA stayed in top 10 ten weeks in a row and 'Scream' didn't even manage to reach higher than #5.

In the US 'Scream' was much smaller hit than YANA which was released 2,5 months later and which was the first single in the history to debut #1. YANA stayed in top 10 ten weeks in a row and 'Scream' didn't even manage to reach higher than #5.
Right!

And ES was even bigger than YAN in EUROPE,

Also TDCAU was a bigger hit than Scream here.

With YAN, HIStory rentered the charts in top 10 in many countries and with ES and TDCA the album stayed in top ten for weeks.

Keeping controversy appart, I think Monster is a very good song and an attractive choise for nowdays radio, but unfurtunatly, conts could spoil the party for sony and they have not very much space to experiment.

So, a conservative move would be to release Hollywood Tonight which, have not doubt, its a killer. I refuse to believe that this track would be outdated, funk is inmortal. No offence but is in the line of a Billie Jean (to me).

Anyway, it has to be fast. The cheapest and faster way to repromote the album is by a single so what the heck is sony waiting for.

Do people do radio singles anymore? Cause i think that Best Of Joy would be a nice radio single

Keeping controversy appart, I think Monster is a very good song and an attractive choise for nowdays radio, but unfurtunatly, conts could spoil the party for sony and they have not very much space to experiment.

So, a conservative move would be to release Hollywood Tonight which, have not doubt, its a killer. I refuse to believe that this track would be outdated, funk is inmortal. No offence but is in the line of a Billie Jean (to me).

Anyway, it has to be fast. The cheapest and faster way to repromote the album is by a single so what the heck is sony waiting for.

It seems they are waiting the end of the month.

Monster is supposed to be the next single but HT would be good as well, but i prefer MONSTER.

It seems they are waiting the end of the month.

Monster is supposed to be the next single but HT would be good as well, but i prefer MONSTER.

I don't get what they're waiting for !!!!

any insider news ?

Well, I see that sony took our advice of release Hollywood Tonight right away (lol). It appears to be release at radio stations by next week.

Last edited:
So it looks like the next single will be Hollywood Tonight. Good choice

The third single MUST be Behind The Mask.

So it looks like the next single will be Hollywood Tonight. Good choice

The third single MUST be Behind The Mask.

I agree... eeeye-ee-hee-hee! Stuck on every listener's head. A radio edit of BTM should be released.

'Michael' has disappeared from the UK Top 40 in the midweek chart so hopefully this news of a second single next week is true!!!

Back