This is it MJ wanted to do more than 50

I am surprised this thread isn't cleaned yet, but I am glad to see that I am not the only one who questions certain things.

10 shows in each country would of been perfect.

10 in London in the summer, then in January he could of done 10 shows in a country in Asia, 10 in America etc etc.

I think he was looking out for MJ. After Billie Jean on This is it, he instructs him to have some water. He mentioned that he allways made sure that MJ had eaten.

I agree that 10 shows in each country would have been perfect. For whatever reason, he signed up for 31 shows in London.

I think it was said, when Michael was alive, that if he wanted to take the tour beyond London, then that would be his choice. There was the option to extend the tour if he wanted to. As far as I know, Michael didn't sign anything confirming any other stops other than London, but I'm sure Kenny would have asked him what he would like to do after the O2 dates. If Michael said he wanted to do shows on every continent, then that's what he said. Whether that would have happened or not, we'll never know.

Yeah I guess we'll never know if he wanted to do more than 50 shows. I think it would have been a really nice idea for him to do 10 shows in London, 10 in America and so on, with breaks inbetween...that would have been amazing, a final world tour :)

I have a feeling that everything concerning Michael and TII and Kenny....became dangerous to discuss. I can"t believe that.
I know ( and most of ppl also ) that Michael never wanted to tour again. I saw him say that many times.I choose to believe him over Kenny and Travis or anybody else.
I swear......I am beggining to have cramps when TII is mentioned. It costed Michael his life ! omg....he should stay at home and just make records.
I will NEVER, NEVER get over this.

I have a feeling that everything concerning Michael and TII and Kenny....became dangerous to discuss. I can"t believe that.
I know ( and most of ppl also ) that Michael never wanted to tour again. I saw him say that many times.I choose to believe him over Kenny and Travis or anybody else.
I swear......I am beggining to have cramps when TII is mentioned. It costed Michael his life ! omg....he should stay at home and just make records.

If he didn't want to do the shows then why was he doing them.

He never wanted to tour again. But he wasnt touring. It was a residency.

A residency doesnt involve any of the things that Michael said he didnt like about touring. Thats why it was even more perfect.

I believe Michael wanted to do 31 shows. Everyone says he only wanted to do 10 shows. But I dont think thats true at all. Michael was competitive and wouldnt have wanted to be outdone by Prince. Who did 21 shows there.

Michael would have wanted to outdo Prince and thats why I think he wanted to do 10 more shows in the 02 that Prince.

L.T.D,
That's very true.

I also heard that Michel wanted as many of his fans as possible to see his most recent masterpiece!!!!!!!!!

Remember, the o2 Arena has a small capacity, only 23,000. So 10 concerts would be 230,000 people. That's less then half of 504,000 people in Wembley Stadium (7 shows to 72,000 each) during the Bad tour.

If he was in new Wembley Stadium to do 10 concerts, each concert would be up to 105,000 people in each show. So 10 shows would mean he would perform to 1,050,000 people. This figure is not much different to the 1,150,000 people he would of performed to if he did all 50 concerts in the o2 Arena!!!

You have to also remember that if Michael would do anything, it would of been big, or he wouldn't even be bothered with it!!!!!!

If he did want to expand the tour, why the hell would he want to do 50 shows in ones place? He would've wanted to do 10 like he said! in London, and 10 in every other area.

Maybe because he wanted to break a record? And 50 sold-out shows in the 02 would've been recordbreaking for sure. :)

Tho' I don't think that he meant it this way. I think he rather meant that in total and not 50 concerts only in one place/location!

I like Kenny. All I am interested in is his talent and his ability to convey what Michael wanted him to do.

I cannot blame him for Michael's death and will not accuse him of misdeeds without proof. This is what many people did to Michael when he was alive. Also, as many have said, I cannot judge someone based on edited quotes taken out of context. Let his actions and the fruits of his work speak for themselves.

I like Kenny. All I am interested in is his talent and his ability to convey what Michael wanted him to do.

I cannot blame him for Michael's death and will not accuse him of misdeeds without proof. This is what many people did to Michael when he was alive. Also, as many have said, I cannot judge someone based on edited quotes taken out of context. Let his actions and the fruits of his work speak for themselves.

Nice post!

Tho' I don't think that he meant it this way. I think he rather meant that in total and not 50 concerts only in one place/location!

Well, who knows. But I think Michael wanted to break the record that Prince had set. Read the bold part in LTD's post below.

He never wanted to tour again. But he wasnt touring. It was a residency.

A residency doesnt involve any of the things that Michael said he didnt like about touring. Thats why it was even more perfect.

I believe Michael wanted to do 31 shows. Everyone says he only wanted to do 10 shows. But I dont think thats true at all. Michael was competitive and wouldnt have wanted to be outdone by Prince. Who did 21 shows there.

Michael would have wanted to outdo Prince and thats why I think he wanted to do 10 more shows in the 02 that Prince.

i think that is speculation. his health was more important than Prince. if anything, i think people think that if MJ didn't want to do 50 shows, that fans would think that MJ didn't care about them, cus he didn't give them what they wanted. but if MJ didn't want to do 50, that doesn't mean he didn't care. in fact..there are fans that cared more about his health.

10, 50 or 1000 !! Michael is gone! gone!
he does what he thinks is the right to do, stop complaining and talking too much
he did this for us, lets just hope he rest in peace, he died working for us!

i think that is speculation. his health was more important than Prince. if anything, i think people think that if MJ didn't want to do 50 shows, that fans would think that MJ didn't care about them, cus he didn't give them what they wanted. but if MJ didn't want to do 50, that doesn't mean he didn't care. in fact..there are fans that cared more about his health.

Yes, it's all speculation. I said what I think happened. So that is obviously speculation.

Maybe I missed your point, and I'm sorry if I did, but how did this turn into a conversation about whether fans cared about his health or not? I don't know who that was aimed at, but I cared about his health more than anything!! And I know Michael cared about his fans, he didn't need to do shows or anything else to prove that :cry: We were just talking about what we think HE might have wanted to do, and why. Not what the fans wanted him to do.

10, 50 or 1000 !! Michael is gone! gone!
he does what he thinks is the right to do, stop complaining and talking too much
he did this for us, lets just hope he rest in peace, he died working for us!

I understand your frustration, I think we all get frustrated here sometimes. But I don't see anyone complaining. We are merely discussing what happened. That's the idea of a discussion board as I see it.

I agree with your post is the way that yes..Michael chose Kenny to work with many times....Kenny is very talented at what he does..I think this is why Michael wanted to work with Kenny.... Michael surly respected Kenny's talent.....Now I have to ask myself this question.....Did Kenny REALLY love Michael the man OR MICHAEL THE MACHINE.....Kenny said so him self in the TII footage..."Michael is the machine that makes this whole thing run"....I dont think Kenny was really there for Michael in the end...when it really mattered.

you do know this a VERY COMMON expression in America...it simply means MJ is the captain of his ship. He is the leader & the motivator for everyone working with him.

And guess what from watching both the Dangerous tour & This is it, you can totally see what Kenny meant. Without MJ's artistic leadership, we wouldn't have these high quality/energy shows.

Originally Posted by zpredra5

Are you calling MJ a liar? He said he did not want to tour after Bad either...and guess what? We got Dangerous, History....

People need to wake up to the fact that MJ was an adult, IF he did not want to tour, he did not have to. He worked for months on the concept of the show, and poured everything in him to produce a high quality event. And you are still doubting that he wanted to do these shows?

After the Victory tour, he promised he would never again tour with his brothers, and despite constant bullying from his family, he never changed his mind.

Last edited:
Memefan, I am certanly not calling MJ a liar....what are you talking about ...?!
And I just love it when people think they know what Michael was feeling....I don"t want to argue, it doesn"t make any sence.

Thank you :(
I was referring to what xthunderx2 was saying on page 2, and giving my opinion as Michael's fan. He chose to treat Michael as a performer, not as a human being.
And look where we are today... :(

And, to those who keep insisting for the facts (may I remind you that the tape in which Michael confessed to the follower fans that he did not want to do 50 shows exists, but is missing), here's a fact : Michael is dead.
And that's because a bunch of people did not give a crap.

mj was treating as a cash cow/ business from the time he was a kid. thats all he was to many.

mj was treating as a cash cow/ business from the time he was a kid. thats all he was to many.

wayy wayyy wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many.

and..the word 'rationalization' is a very friendly word to many, who didn't want to believe that they saw him that way.

Last edited:

yep. and that's uncomfortable for many to hear.

but when MJ speaks like the lamb, it's easy to overlook that statement.

but, of course..sounding like a lamb, doesn't mean you don't mean what you say.

Thank you :(
I was referring to what xthunderx2 was saying on page 2, and giving my opinion as Michael's fan. He chose to treat Michael as a performer, not as a human being.
And look where we are today... :(

And, to those who keep insisting for the facts (may I remind you that the tape in which Michael confessed to the follower fans that he did not want to do 50 shows exists, but is missing), here's a fact : Michael is dead.
And that's because a bunch of people did not give a crap.

If he didn't want to do it then he should have decided he is either going to pull out of the contract or just accept that he is doing what he signed up for, i think that the tape you are talking about is actually a fan saying Michael said that and not Michael himself. Also if Michael did say that is wasn't a nice thing to say considering thousand of his fans had spent hours queing to get tickets and now he was saying he didn't even want to do the shows. Were they being given an opportunity to get a refund then seen as the artist they paid to see was saying he didn't want to do the shows and was being forced.

Michael never said he didnt want to tour again, and on top of that. HE WASNT TOURING. How many times do I have to repeat that? :S

On the one hand I don't understand how would it possible to change number of shows without Michael's knowledge, but on the other hand the video which was deleted from YT, where he was saying he doesn't want 50 shows, really bothers me. He was worried. This is so confusing :scratch:

Last edited:
Michael never said he didnt want to tour again, and on top of that. HE WASNT TOURING. How many times do I have to repeat that? :S

Ok.
He said..." I go through hell on tour ". And he also said he doesn"t like it.Yes of course, he did it many times and it was great.
The fact that he didin"t have to travel this time changes things a bit.
These shows could have been and I am sure they would be groundbreaking and never seen before.
I am just saying that there is a bigger picture in all this TII shows and I just don"t believe everything Kenny and others say.Their job is to earn as much money as they can.
And since Michael is not here to tell us the real deal....:(:(:(

Ok.
He said..." I go through hell on tour ". And he also said he doesn"t like it.Yes of course, he did it many times and it was great.
The fact that he didin"t have to travel this time changes things a bit.

It doesnt just change things a bit. A residency didnt involve any of the things which Michael said he didnt like about touring.

The fact is, he said he hated touring. But he wasnt touring, plain and simple.

As I said earlier, it seems Michael may have wanted to outdo Prince. 31 seems to be a bit of a random number. A bit of a coincidence that it was exactly 10 more shows than Prince did.

When Kenny and Randy Phillips talk, they at least have footage of Michael seeming healthy and enthusiastic about the shows.

When others speak and say that Michael only wanted to do 10, I see no proof of that. Until I see proof of Michael not wanting to do all those shows then im going to have to side with Kenny and Randy Phillips.

Of course TII was going to be easier on Michael than any other tour in the fact that it was set in one place. No need to fly to a new city as soon as he finished a show. All he needed to do after finishing was go home. Plus he wasn't even living in hotels anymore, he was going to be living in a house. Whether he wanted to take it around the world I don't know. Michael isn't here to answer that :(

I believe that Michael did want to do 50 shows in total, maybe more. However, Michael said that he was doing the shows as a gift to the fans didn't he? This implies that a residency was never what he planned to do; he would rather have toured so that the world could see Michael perform before he retired from the music industry. (this is just my view, I have no sources to back this up). I also think that Michael had people working for him who were worried about him, wanted what was best for Michael and perhaps felt that moving the show from city to city would be too much for him?? As a result his team may have been working closely with the O2 and organising a residency without telling Michael the whole story.

He needed to do 10. They overcomplicated it. If you want more then come back to the idea later.

Back