THIS IS IT new song 43 seconds

Sounds good thus far. I'm thinking the vocal could very well be from the Dangerous era, maybe even newer. There's something about the "thousand times..." part that leads me to believe its newer.

Regardless of when it was recorded, I've never heard heard it so I'm just happy to have a new song.

Edit: After the 12th or 13th listen (lol), I hear a little Triumph era Mike on the song. I agree with those of you who don't want to argue. We shouldn't argue, but there is nothing wrong with people taking their guesses. Its inevitable

Last edited:
OK SOOOOOOOO:

1- we are NOT gonna start arguing about his voice - you all know what I mean.
DON'T RUIN THIS BEAUTIFUL SONG WITH NEGATIVITY

2- you can't post DOWNLOAD links of this song becasue as we know, it's gonna be released on the CD

WOW!! I love it!! Michael voice sounds amazing!!! It made me sad :cry:

I´m so glad that in the vault there are songs from the 80/81 era. Sony should release more songs from my fav era. The 80 voice sounds so warm and full of emotion and you can hear it on the This is it track.
I love it!

yeap, there must be dozens of songs from 80/81 era.
This song will do very very well,
with this success Sony will not resist to wait some years to release a album full of never before hear or brand new songs

I think we will see a new album with new or never heard songs by the end of 2010 or early 2011

That vocals are definately from the 80's.. Doubt it if this was during the Dangerous era. For sure this is not from this decade.

Will say it once again: Mike had stated during the Phony hate speech that he was owing Phony 2 0r 3 tracks for the compilation album, the ultimate collection. After which phony cannot release any New or Unreleased material without his approval.

I have a strong feeling that even though Phony claims 2 have unreleased material frm MJ's Vault, they cannot go ahead & release it without the Estate's permission. Think abt it guys, the original masters off the back catalogue goes back to the estate after 2011 (After which the estate may decide to continue working with Phony or move on... only Branca knows). Which leaves Phony with roughly a little more that 2 years to release MJ material. Why wud they then not release new material with just 2 years left, if they cud.

My feeling is that the Esate is giving Phony very limited content to work with. (n if this is the case, then thats the way I personally want it 2 be- release new material with a new company after 2011).

Peter--- thank you for this.

i know nothing about the music industry... so what are the possibilities after 2011?

yeap, there must be dozens of songs from 80/81 era.
This song will do very very well,
with this success Sony will not resist to wait some years to release a album full of never before hear or brand new songs

I think we will see a new album with new or never heard songs by the end of 2010 or early 2011

I think you´re right. Can´t wait to hear more songs!

People and music critics around the world will love the song. For many music critics Off the Wall is the best MJ album and the This is it vocals fit right into that golden era!! Can´t wait to hear the whole song!

I hope Sony will release a music video!!

Me too Arty
a music video with footage from the movie or behind the scenes will be perfect along with this song
lets see what will happen the coming weeks

The vocals are no way from the 80's.
It sounds more like Invincible era, cause after 0:30 reminds me alof of "Cry". And the first line is tooo deep for the 80's voice.

Oooh this is the never heard demooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is it ---> never heard by safire!!!

absolutely amazing, he sounds Incredible!!! (as usual:)):dancin:

does anyone know when this was recorded, cause near the end it sounds like its about to break into something from Triumph.

great song snippet though, thanks for posting!!

Last edited:
OH God rnb i love your signature
3443uhk.jpg
, im crying cause i have downloaded those 43 secs and now im hearing it really loud repeated times while watching that pic, im soo sad, God, im crying now, for real, the song is maginificent and peaceful, and means so much now, why Michael had to go so fast and sudden

Last edited:
absolutely amazing, he sounds Incredible!!! (as usual:)):dancin:

does anyone know when this was recorded?

great song snippet though, thanks for posting!!

The vocals are from 1980 and the music is new a few days old.

Where is the play button ! :\

uhmm
after clicking the link on the page it send you to another page
you will see a player , but it plays automatically, after it stops playing you will see a play button, but it seems it don;t work, you need to click on the replay button,

but don;t worry, some fans have already post youtube link
so there will not be any problem anymore to listen to the song

Oh my god. It just sounds so amazing. I've listened to it like twenty times in a row now! Cant wait until Monday!

Is there still a chance that we can buy the single or download it on itunes??

I'm not convinced it's an old vocal either....is some of the STYLE of the vocal vintage Michael? YES - indeed - but there are also some modern elements as well and I agree that his voice does sound more mature, leading me to believe its not from the 80's - theres a distinct difference you can hear in the 80's tone of mj's voice - it was higher and shall i say a little more flexible...to me, this vocal sounds just as modern as CRY - very similar sounding.

in any event..I LOVE IT

Back