This Is Thriller! 25th Anniversary of the Epic Album ~POST YOUR THOUGHTS HERE~

Ankita

Proud Member
25 YEARS AGO ON THIS VERY DAY MICHAEL JACKSON CREATED THE ALBUM THAT CHANGED THE COURSE OF MUSIC HISTORY FOREVER!!! "Thriller" was released on Nov 30, 1982 and it continues to mesmerize, enthrall, bedazzle, inspire and amaze people of all nations, races, cultures, creed and generations! May Thriller's outstanding, unprecedented, unparalleled success continue forever and may it always and forever continue to be hailed as the greatest, most successful and the biggest-selling album of all time! Thankyou Michael for Thriller and thankyou God for Michael Jackson!!! We love you Michael and are so proud to be your fans! May God bless you and your truly glorious life and legacy forever!
Amen :)

How will you be celebrating this day?

Last edited:
Thriller's 25th Anniv -fan Participation & Celebration!

Dear mods,
I had posted this on MJJF a little before it went offline. May I please post it again here? Or could you please reopen the thread? I hope it succeeds in not only bringing Michael's fans together in fellowship and celebration but also in inspiring love, appreciation and respect for him in the hearts of everyone throughout the world! Thanks for your help!

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=8

Re: TODAY! Michael made history!

The album was actually released Dec. 1st 1982.. So TOMMOROW is the day.. The NOV. 30th was the SHIPPING DATE, the day they send the albums out to the stores.. Than the 1st is when it goes on sale..

I have had the distinct pleasure of living through the magical Thriller era when Michaelmania reigned supreme. Never before had I experienced such euphoria over music -- at least not since 'I Want You Back', 'ABC' and 'The Love You Save' days.

Yet Thriller was different. For one moment in time, music truly transcended age, sex, race, class and nationality. Michael's performances during that time were uplifting ~~ you got high without having to take drugs. You were infused with excitement and joy. Those were the days Michael could do no wrong. He simply made us happy. We we amazed at his showmanship and professionalism. We simply couldn't wait to see what would come next.

Thriller did unconscionable numbers back in that day. Just when I didn't think Michael could go higher, he would. Every celebrity wanted to work with him back then. Presidents wanted to speak with him. Everyone wanted just to get a glimpse of him. And there was hardly a place on the planet that didn't of him by name.

While there were nagging little worries in the back of my mind about his soring so high to a place where where no one had gone before would be the set up of a great crash, I set aside my worries to live in that moment.

A moment like no other and will never be seen again in my lifetime.

Congratulations to Michael, Quincy and all those who made the Thriller project a reality.

Re: It' Thriller Day! 25th Anniversary of the Epic Album ~POST YOUR THOUGHTS HERE~

I came to work late today, just so I could stay home and watch the Good Morning America Thriller segment.

As I was watching it, I AGAIN realized that Thriller will probably live on forever and ever AND EVER.

There were a bunch of KIDS in the audience, who were doing the Thriller dance moves, all colors, shapes, and sizes. It made me smile to think that Thriller is STILL touching so many lives.

Re: It' Thriller Day! 25th Anniversary of the Epic Album ~POST YOUR THOUGHTS HERE~

Thriller is a musical masterpiece and a milestone for the music history! Michael unfolded his genius in the album and showed to the whole world that he is the one that can make the difference! No race, no sex, no social status...everyone were enchanted by his uniqueness and his professionalism. No other can reach him either musically or in terms of pioneering! I'm the most proud person in the world for having the privilege to experience the majesty of the man and the artist! Michael Jackson you are the BEST and I love you!

I came to work late today, just so I could stay home and watch the Good Morning America Thriller segment.

As I was watching it, I AGAIN realized that Thriller will probably live on forever and ever AND EVER.

There were a bunch of KIDS in the audience, who were doing the Thriller dance moves, all colors, shapes, and sizes. It made me smile to think that Thriller is STILL touching so many lives.
Hasd anyone taped this? O sure would like to see this.:eek:

I have had the distinct pleasure of living through the magical Thriller era when Michaelmania reigned supreme. Never before had I experienced such euphoria over music -- at least not since 'I Want You Back', 'ABC' and 'The Love You Save' days.

Yet Thriller was different. For one moment in time, music truly transcended age, sex, race, class and nationality. Michael's performances during that time were uplifting ~~ you got high without having to take drugs. You were infused with excitement and joy. Those were the days Michael could do no wrong. He simply made us happy. We we amazed at his showmanship and professionalism. We simply couldn't wait to see what would come next.

Thriller did unconscionable numbers back in that day. Just when I didn't think Michael could go higher, he would. Every celebrity wanted to work with him back then. Presidents wanted to speak with him. Everyone wanted just to get a glimpse of him. And there was hardly a place on the planet that didn't of him by name.

While there were nagging little worries in the back of my mind about his soring so high to a place where where no one had gone before would be the set up of a great crash, I set aside my worries to live in that moment.

A moment like no other and will never be seen again in my lifetime.

Congratulations to Michael, Quincy and all those who made the Thriller project a reality.

What you write here sums up what I have watched countless of times on the VHS "The Legend of Michael Jackson." I got that tape from my parents in 1990. 11 years old was I.
I was amazed and wished that I could be ten years older, living in the states and standing on the road screaming his name while he drives by in a black car. WOOOOHO. What an awsome time it must have been, mello.

You're very lucky to have experienced that time. I have some memories from the Bad era when I got my first cassette at Christmas, but the Dangerous era is the time when my fanhood went to another level. I wrote in a book that one day I should marry him!! LOL (it's not like that now, thougj. Im in a happy reletionship lol)
But I feel, well I know, that I have missed out beeing too young to see and feel the Thriller days.
Like reading your stories from back then, so keep them coming=)

I didn't sleep well last night and I woke up late this morning. The only part that I caught was the segment on different people doing the 'Thriller' dance and the in studio GMA audience doing the dance with the 'Dancing with the Stars' dancer.

I was wondering how the segment went. If I had seen it all, I would have posted my thoughts on it....:mello:

Happy Thriller 25th Anniversary Everybody.
I am so happy that the world is remembering this classic album...the greatest album of all time.

I am soooo proud of Michael and everyone who supports THIRLLER!!!!!!!!

what a great day today! thriller is an absolute masterpeice!

happy thriller 25th anniversary!!!

Oh Im so happy someone started this positive thread.
To Honor and lift Michael Up - Thats what Im here for. :D

Its amazing that Thriller is still Thrilling people as it did when it was first
released - No one will ever accomplish in their lifetime what Michael has
done with this Album and in his career. I also am excited over the 25th
Anniversary release. This is going to reach a whole NEW generation and
they are going to feel the same excitement as many of us did when it
was first released 25 yrs ago -

Im so happy to be able to join everyone in honoring
Michael for his 25th Thriller anniversary - :clap:

:jump: HAPPY THRILLER DAY:jump:
Everyone

Michael
We Love You
Woooooooo Hooooooooo​

Last edited:

:jump::jump:Yo!:upside_down::salut::wild:Happy:rollin::nana::bounce:sarmoti
Thriller:imbad:kickass::listeningtomusic::th_rogerfriedman:
:tongue:DAY!:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

AHHH I spaced out the GOOD MORNING AMERICA THRILLER SEGMENT.. Does anyone have clips?? damn it, how did I forget?

Greatest Album ever and changed the culture of Pop Music and Pop Culture Forever. I was there and lived through it and Never have seen or felt anything else like it before or since. MichaelMania was timeless. the heart of it was a Musical Genius who teamed up with Quincy Jones and forever changed the way Music was heard and felt. 7 out of 9 songs top ten,but more importantly it was a Album that made you look, stop and just be blown away. to Me this is the Most important Black Album ever made because it went for the whole 9. it went to touch people of all races, ages and backgrounds. this was Music that was sent into a Bottle and it landed on many oceans and spun into it's land. the musical landscape on this album Brought so many great minds together.

i have bought over 10 copies of this album upon wearing it out. you can like albums before thriller more from MJ and you can like albums after thriller that MJ did more, but there isn't a more important album. a BlockBuster and a Genius. a Landmark Album that forever changed the way we heard and felt about music.

Greatest Album ever and changed the culture of Pop Music and Pop Culture Forever. I was there and lived through it and Never have seen or felt anything else like it before or since. MichaelMania was timeless. the heart of it was a Musical Genius who teamed up with Quincy Jones and forever changed the way Music was heard and felt. 7 out of 9 songs top ten,but more importantly it was a Album that made you look, stop and just be blown away. to Me this is the Most important Black Album ever made because it went for the whole 9. it went to touch people of all races, ages and backgrounds. this was Music that was sent into a Bottle and it landed on many oceans and spun into it's land. the musical landscape on this album Brought so many great minds together.

i have bought over 10 copies of this album upon wearing it out. you can like albums before thriller more from MJ and you can like albums after thriller that MJ did more, but there isn't a more important album. a BlockBuster and a Genius. a Landmark Album that forever changed the way we heard and felt about music.
Wow. 10 copies you say? :lol::lol: You ani't heard of using alcohol on dat vinyl? LOL!

Seriously, great comments. I think I'm going to combine a number of them and put them in a blog.....

...Or better yet.... a news story for the mains...... hmmmmmmmmmmm....

Last edited:

Maxx.....you are on point... loving your comments...

MAN 25 YEARS.. Can't wait for the 50 YEAR.. lol!

What a momentus day

Wow! I can't believe that it has been 25 years since Thriller has been released. That is a milestone and part of HIStory that not any other album or artist has done. Thriller is still amazing to people around the world no matter what age or nationality.

I remember about a few months that Thriller was released and it was in it's prime when Michael did "Billie Jean" for Motown 25th Anniversary and I became a fan of his that day. I remember so clearly when Thriller became so big in the music industry. That was around the time "Michaelmainia" had started. It was so crazy seeing people from ages 2-90 just go go go ga ga over an album and the buzz that surrounded Thriller.

It was so amazing how when you walked into a store or at school how you could see the impact Michael had for Generation X. When you stepped in a store you just show magazine after magazine with Michael's pictures. In the candy aisle you would find Michael's Bubble gum trading cards.
At school you would see people wearing the zippers jackets, white socks with rolled up pants and penny loafers and sometimes someone wearing a white glove. Those were the good ole days.

I remember when I first got my copy of Thriller I was just in awe and playing that old tape every day. I had that tape until 1990 when I had to give it up and buy a cd (which I had until last year). I remember when my cousin would spend the night we would be listening to Thriller or we would rent the old VHS of "Making of Thriller" and see it every hour that we would be awake. The memories are etched into my mind as though it were yesterday. :)

I could go on and on but I don't wanna bore ya. ;)

Happy 25th Thriller and may the legacy of this album and the Genius behind it keep going strong. :cool:

I remember very clearly one day of December, 1982, I was at home and my mom came from work and she said "darling, I got this for you, you are gonna love it" . And there it was my vinyl Thriller. How could I knew that was an historic moment? I still have that vinyl and Im in my 30's...and Im proud of both things!!!

Happy Anniversary!!

Sandra

******** It is almost the end of December1st, in Australia--and I have just watched THRILLER on the History video---then went on to watch the Dangerous video.
I have enjoyed my THRILLER 25th Anniversary--celebration.
Dawn

The Impact of Thriller Around The World

It is great to see and hear the coverage about the impact of Thriller in America and in the UK.

But the amazing thing about that album was/is its phenomenal international appeal.

It would be great to hear stories and experiences from fans in other countries about Thriller in its hey day.

In Barbados, when the album came out I was 12 years old and singularly unimpressed by both The Girl Is Mine and Billie Jean. But those songs were everywhere. The deejays were going crazy about the album.

When Beat It was released the album detonated. People on the streets had their MJ buttons, tee-shirts, wallets, bags. Stores had up his posters. Right On! magazine had him on the cover almost every issue. And you could not turn on the radio without hearing a song by Michael Jackson.

Now back in those days Barbados did not have access to American television and the vcr was a novelty. So at my school the graduation committee raised funds by holding these shows in the school hall showing music videos.

The first time they broadcast the Beat It video, students were screaming and hollering and just plain going crazy. When the Thriller video was released, another school had the 'premiere' and charged a whopping $5 for entrance! Needless to say the place was jam-packed.

Men wore their hair in the jheri curl style. Students wore white gloves (even though we wore school uniforms). Our leading newspaper ran a 6-week feature on Michael - something they have never done before or since.

When people saw the Motown performance on tape, the craziness reached a new high. Everyone was talking about the moonwalk.

There was an incredible excitement in the air. It was a magical, unforgettable time.

Share your stories!!!

Re: The Impact of Thriller Around The World

Hi there! We actually already have a thread to discuss your thoughts on Thriller. I'm just to add your comments there, okay? Thanks!

Back