TMZ Video: MJ Music Video Shoot Takes Over Hollywood

"oh come on, I do not want to read the truth". LOL

not funny
please, stop it once and for all. that's not how business goes.
or do you seriously think they didn't know it was going to happen? the whole new album project was messed up before the album was released. Michael is no more with us to control his legacy and Sony are making as much money as they can without spending a lot. it's BUSINESS, would you ever get it?

I really thought the estate would try and be a little more creative, this is Michael Jackson we're talking about, and he's known for his elaborate videos and we're given another video of people dancing to MJ, a CGI video for Hollywood Tonight would have been perfect, but I guess I should wait until the end result is out before I complain.

Hmmm well I'll reserve judgement until I see the full thing. I've heard rumours that there are no new releases from Michael for the UK or US in the next six months so it will be a YT job.

Hmmm well I'll reserve judgement until I see the full thing. I've heard rumours that there are no new releases from Michael for the UK or US in the next six months so it will be a YT job.

They're are planning on releasing singles from the albums after 6 months...?

not funny
or do you seriously think they didn't know it was going to happen? the whole new album project was messed up before the album was released. Michael is no more with us to control his legacy and Sony are making as much money as they can without spending a lot. it's BUSINESS, would you ever get it?

What do you want?

Don't you want Sony to release MJ's material?

So forget about the Bad tour, forget the cirque, forget the new songs. Forget everything!!!

Or do you want Sony to stop making a profit? Maybe Sony can give everything to charity and then go to bankrupt.

I'm tired of reading nonsense, would you ever get it?

Would you ever see the ridiculous things you wrote?

Get real!

We are here to defend the legacy.

If the video is crap, I'll be the first one to complain. My only commitment is with MJ. I have no compromise with Blanket (that I love), Prince(that I love), Paris (that I love), Sony, 3T, 4T, 5000000000T or that sick Jackson family. But I will not attack a video that I did not see.

Do you think the legacy of Beatles and Elvis would have survived without new releases? And Michael has all the unethical press against him.

So I think you better wake up and go out of your enchanted world.

Moan, b!tch, complain....... that's all MJ fans are doing these days it seems.

Haven't even seen the dang video yet and we got 3 pages of moaning. SMH

BTW, Sophia Boutella is an AMAZING dancer. I'm really curious to see the finished product. That video on TMZ seems like some sort of a dance break.

What do you want?

Don't you want Sony to release MJ's material?

So forget about the Bad tour, forget the cirque, forget the new songs. Forget everything!!!

Or do you want Sony to stop making a profit? Maybe Sony can give everything to charity and then go to bankrupt.

I'm tired of reading nonsense, would you ever get it?

Would you ever see the ridiculous things you wrote?

Get real!

We are here to defend the legacy.

If the video is crap, I'll be the first one to complain. My only commitment is with MJ. I have no compromise with Blanket (that I love), Prince(that I love), Paris (that I love), Sony, 3T, 4T, 5000000000T or that sick Jackson family. But I will not attack a video that I did not see.

Do you think the legacy of Beatles and Elvis would have survived without new releases? And Michael has all the unethical press against him.

So I think you better wake up and go out of your enchanted world.

IMHO, you are underestimating the strength of Michael's legacy. Michael's legacy is solidified. It doesn't depend on any new release. The lying media and tabloids will come and go. But, Michael will live till the end of time. He'll outlive all the unethical press.

I compare Michael's artistic achievements to the achievements of Michaelangelo and Mozart. A genius the caliber of Michaelangelo and Mozart comes once in history. He will be celebrated by generations after generations. All these new releases are icing to the cake; however, very insignicant to the overall picture.

What will Michael Jackson be remembered for? Billie Jean or Hollywood Tonight?

IMHO, you are underestimating the strength of Michael's legacy. Michael's legacy is solidified. It doesn't depend on any new release. The lying media and tabloids will come and go. But, Michael will live till the end of time. He'll outlive all the unethical press.

I compare Michael's artistic achievements to the achievements of Michaelangelo and Mozart. A genius the caliber of Michaelangelo and Mozart comes once in history. He will be celebrated by generations after generations. All these new releases are icing to the cake; however, very insignicant to the overall picture.

What will Michael Jackson be remembered for? Billie Jean or Hollywood Tonight?

It's unbelievable the things we need to answer here. I never underestimated Michael's legacy. But the success of new projects is very important to his legacy. That's something OBVIOUS. Sitting around complaining and attacking all the projects, before even seeing the work, hoping that everything will be okay because the legacy of MJ is invincible is an unacceptable innocence.

And I will not answer your last question. There is a limit to stupid questions.

It's unbelievable the things we need to answer here. I never underestimated Michael's legacy. But the success of new projects is very important to his legacy. That's something OBVIOUS. Sitting around complaining and attacking all the projects, before even seeing the work, hoping that everything will be okay because the legacy of MJ is invincible is an unacceptable innocence.

This album is not as successful as anticipated. It's doing respectfully, but really not a success. Is Michael's legacy somehow lessened?

Michael's back catalog and the Experience (a game that built upon Michael's back catalog) are still among the best-sellers. Why?

Why is it an "unaccpetable innocence" to think Michael Jackson's legacy is invincible? I truly believe in his genius. I truly think his achievement is unprecedented. Is there any "new release" from Mozart in the past 200 years? Are peopel still talking Mozart? Are you saying it's an "unacceptable innocence" to compare Michael to Mozart?

I don't think my last question is a "stupid question." You can choose not to answer it. But, to call it stupid is simply uncalled for.

Well, the only artist with great artistic sense, vision, and creativity for his videos is gone.
We are left with this. I wasn't particular impressed with HMH either (the shots/frames were moving 2 damn fast), but I loved that MJJ fans participated. It is too early to say anything about HT video, but I seriously doubt, that we as Michael Jackson fans are going to be impressed (or even like it), especially compared with Michael's previous video releases. Are you kidding me?

But the show must go on.

Last edited:
I just want the "Behind The Mask" Video.. How are they going to release these videos since the second single is being released differently across the globe... Will those who get "Hollywood Tonight" only see the video to it - in their country & those who get "Behind The Mask" single only get the video the to that..?
Why don't they just relase the same dang single everywhere & video.. It's not a smart marketing strategy..

:wub:
souldreamer7

If the video I repeat IF it consists of footage of people dancing to Michael's songs then I don't want it. We want Michael footage, anything anything with MICHAEL in it! No more HMH videos with people dancing, WE WANT ANY FOOTAGE AS LONG AS IT IS MICHAEL, PERIOD!!!

This album is not as successful as anticipated. It's doing respectfully, but really not a success. Is Michael's legacy somehow lessened?

I never said that the legacy of MJ would be diminished or 'lessened'.

I said that the legacy of Elvis (etc) might not have survived without release, and that MJ had the press against him, so new projects were VERY important. Not so hard to understand.

And yes, your question was stupid. Of course Billie Jean will always be BJ. But HT could be added positively to the history or help the legacy. The 'passage' of MJ is very recent. Young people are still discovering his talent, which for some people was hidden behind the lies of the press. And what do we want to do? We give gifts for the haters!!! We attack new projects.

The only thing 'uncalled for' here is you thinking that we can destroy all the albuns and DVDs (etc) and MJ's image will be preserved for the eternity. You do not have the right to play with a legacy and a job that does not belong to us.

MJ always made it clear he wanted his legacy to continue. He left a will. He made music that could have been destroyed. He wanted to live through his art. Unfortunately he did not think of people like you. But one thing I agree with you: MJ's legacy is strong. Stronger than your mouth.

What right do we have to sabotage these projects?

We have the right to attack the jobs that do not help the legacy. But we have not even seen the !@#% video.

Last edited:

Thank you for your post. I will reserve judgement until the final outcome. But please also understand that fans should not be expected to blindly support whatever Sony/the Estate do. Out of respect for Michael and his legacy, we need to be open, honest and discerning about whatever decisions are made from here on out. Unfortunately, the execution of the current project has been quite poor so far IMO. Let's hope for better things in the future.

If the video I repeat IF it consists of footage of people dancing to Michael's songs then I don't want it. We want Michael footage, anything anything with MICHAEL in it! No more HMH videos with people dancing, WE WANT ANY FOOTAGE AS LONG AS IT IS MICHAEL, PERIOD!!!

Speak about yourself, please.

A montage of old MJ footage would be so not creative, not to mention we have a bunch of videos like that already. So I'd rather see something different. They may include some MJ footage too, like they did in HMH.

MJ had other people in his videos you know, it wasn't just him in there.

omg! we dont even know the contents of this video and you are all ripping it apart lol. You see one little clip from a rubbish gossip site and you jump all over it. IDC If there is a girl dressed like michael for Billie Jean because you know what Michael isn't here. FANS DRESS LIKE HIM it happens it doesn't mean that a girl is playing mj.

You know, you're 100% right. We saw a minute long snippet of the filming, and some of us are already ripping the project to shreds. Whether we like it or not, these video's won't have the same flair or flash as Michael's past video's, for the simple fact that he isn't here to participate in them. I'm sure they have footage of Michael on hand for the video, just like they did for HMH, but to be honest, I'm a lot more comfortable with a video with hundreds of fans of he and his music, dancing along in harmony, than regurgitated concert footage. CGI could be an option too, but it's possible that we'll get some of that later on down the line, and maybe Sony and The Estate are waiting to see what's done with Cirque De Soleil, then possibly incorporate the tech they'll use in future video releases.

Either way, it is what it is, and unfortunately things will never be the same without the mastermind himself to oversee everything, physically.

I really thought the estate would try and be a little more creative, this is Michael Jackson we're talking about, and he's known for his elaborate videos and we're given another video of people dancing to MJ, a CGI video for Hollywood Tonight would have been perfect, but I guess I should wait until the end result is out before I complain.

This^^^

Thank you for your post. I will reserve judgement until the final outcome. But please also understand that fans should not be expected to blindly support whatever Sony/the Estate do. Out of respect for Michael and his legacy, we need to be open, honest and discerning about whatever decisions are made from here on out. Unfortunately, the execution of the current project has been quite poor so far IMO. Let's hope for better things in the future.

Truth. We have to keep an open mind. The problem is that the fans 'crossed the line'. Now we are attacking the clip because of a short video from TMZ. This is ridiculous. Everyone knows that new projects are important, but even this is denied here. I have the impression that I'm in another world. Fans of any other artist would support those projects but MJ's fans.

Truth. We have to keep an open mind. The problem is that the fans 'crossed the line'. Now we are attacking the clip because of a short video from TMZ. This is ridiculous. Everyone knows that new projects are important, but even this is denied here. I have the impression that I'm in another world. Fans of any other artist would support those projects but MJ's fans.
I think the answer may be a simple one...Michael spoiled us ,,,he gave us HIS best all the time..with everything he did....He only comes along once in a lifetime...I think now...we want everything Michael ..to be up to what would be Michael's standards...and sorry to say...the stuff that is coming out..I dont think would meet Michael's standards. This is my opinion as to why some fans are not to excepting of these video's...me included. I cannot see the point in making a MJ video..without MJ. I see it a a money making opporunity only....Michael has so much great stuff he has done already...stuff we already love..stuff HE worked on and stuff we KNOW he approved of....THIS IS the stuff that I will hold onto. I cannot speak for anyone else here...just myself.

I'm not going to rip this to shreds.

Yet.

However I am fully prepared for both videos to be absolute abominations, as is the Sony way.

This is cool! I wanna see what its about... :D Early March Right???

And for some who say Michael's legacy is no more or w.e., Michael's legacy was written 30 years ago. He doesnt need NEW Albums to bump up his Legacy... It's already there... When ppl. hear or read about Michael Jackson, the first thing they'll learn is about THRILLER! And that was almost 30 years ago. We can not expect music or Music vids. like Mike used to do it anymore. But we should learn have faith in the producers and mini film makers to do their best! ;)

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Last edited:
Intersting, sounds like a Hollywood Tonight (Billie Jean remix) :)

The video looks good just a group of dancers enjoying the music. But a part of me would like it to be more Michael like. Cant wait to see the finished product.

I think we should hold judgment until it's done. I think they did a fabulous job with HMH. We'll just have to wait and see!

not funny

That's enough. There's no need to be so rude about it.

Probably yes, I am judged it to soon. Sure I'll wait with my full opinion till I see the film. But that doesn't change the fact, that I'm missing Michael and want to see a footage of him. And that's why I'm disappointed after seeing this peak. That's all.
Peace and :cheers: folks.

I am going to wait and see the final product before making any kind of judgment.

I never said that the legacy of MJ would be diminished or 'lessened'.

I said that the legacy of Elvis (etc) might not have survived without release, and that MJ had the press against him, so new projects were VERY important. Not so hard to understand.

If you read my post again, you'll see I didn't say that you said Michael's MJ legacy is diminished. What I meant is that Michael's legacy is still going strong despite the lackluster performance of Michael.

I said Michael's legacy is solidified and it didn't need another album to further reinforced it. Michael's achievement is same as Mozart's achievement. Mozart doesn't need new music to remind people how great he was. Michael doesn't need new music to remind people. He gave us enough in his life.

And yes, your question was stupid. Of course Billie Jean will always be BJ. But HT could be added positively to the history or help the legacy. The 'passage' of MJ is very recent. Young people are still discovering his talent, which for some people was hidden behind the lies of the press. And what do we want to do? We give gifts for the haters!!! We attack new projects.

First, no question is stupid question. Again, you can choose not to answer it. But, to say it's stupid is rude. Second, don't twist my words. I didn't ask whether Hollywood Tonight would add positively or help the legacy. I asked which song will Michael Jackson be remember for. I think Hollywood Tonight definitely is a nice addition to the almost-perfect catalog. But, people will listen to Billie Jean till the end of time. Nothing that Sony releases now will ever overshawdow the masterpieces Michael gave us in his life.

Most importantly, young people can always discover the genius in Michael through his works from I Want You Back to Invincible. The catalog is there and it will never go away. The catalog is not hidden. It doesn't matter how the media want to downplay the significance of Michael Jackson, the truth is out there.

Day in and day out, I see a group of young people performing to WBSS and Thriller in front of my office building. That, to me, means much more than a new album. People are celebrating Michael's legacy. Young people, contrary to what you believe, don't need a new album to know who Michael Jackson was.

The only thing 'uncalled for' here is you thinking that we can destroy all the albuns and DVDs (etc) and MJ's image will be preserved for the eternity. You do not have the right to play with a legacy and a job that does not belong to us.

MJ always made it clear he wanted his legacy to continue. He left a will. He made music that could have been destroyed. He wanted to live through his art. Unfortunately he did not think of people like you. But one thing I agree with you: MJ's legacy is strong. Stronger than your mouth.

What right do we have to sabotage these projects?

We have the right to attack the jobs that do not help the legacy. But we have not even seen the !@#% video.

Stronger than my mouth? What did my mouth say that is uncalled for other than disagreeing with you? Please don't put words to my mouth. I never ever mention one word about this video. I didn't even open the link for I never give in to TMZ. Hence, I didn't criticize the video.

Where did you get the idea from that I'm here to destroy all future albums and DVD's? Again, please don't assume for me. I supported all of Sony's releases thus far. I got tickets for the Cirque show already.

I'm not saying new projects are not important. But, Michael Jackson's legacy do not depend on new projects. If so, then I'm worried.

You can call me "unacceptable innocent" again, but I truly think Michael's legacy is so huge and unprecedented that a posthumous album is simply a footnote. Any posthumous release is a nice bonus. That's all.

Fans are not lesser fans if they choose not to support product with the name Michael Jackson on it. I don't think it's right to set up this guilty trap.

Back