TMZ Video: MJ Music Video Shoot Takes Over Hollywood

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
The ghost of Michael Jackson upstaged the "Rock of Ages" show in Hollywood last night.

Sources tell TMZ Sony is currently shooting two Michael Jackson videos in Hollywood -- the one above is a music video for "Hollywood Tonight."

It wasn't exactly being shot on the down-low .... a crew of 60 lined the sidewalk and the street in front of the Pantages Theatre.

VIDEO: http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=b28a39c3-eb15-462a-9b64-2b48781831f2

So HMH, BTM and HT, all have random people dancing? HT should've had a CGI theme.

Why is there a woman "playing" MJ?

And is that a Billie Jean HT mix?

So HMH, BTM and HT, all have random people dancing? HT should've had a CGI theme.

Why is there a woman "playing" MJ?

And is that a Billie Jean HT mix?

exact.
If that's the real HT set, then... I don't know. I'd just like some footage of Michael, don't wanna another film with just random fans. I want Michael :(

wat a shame! not another fan based video.. i was hoping to see michael recording hollywood tonight! well here we go again..

Yeah I was pretty sure I could hear Billie Jean too!

We've seen NO unseen footage in HMH. If we don't see any unseen footage in BTM or HT, I'm starting to wonder what's going.

I thought they playing Bj first, then the HT lyrics came. Funny.
the girl in the front is Sofia Boutella, who danced with Madonna on her 2 last tours. she is a big MJ fan and was in the TII audition. But got rejected cause she was still on contract with madonna for her 2nd leg of S&S tour.
i think it's cool that they are shooting videos for HT and BTM. they'v could come up with something more original, then dancing people like Mj as in the HMH video, but well, al least Sony probably heard all the fans complaining about the lack of promotion of "Michael" album.

I can hardly hear Hollywood Tonight on that video, I can only hear Billie Jean. :mello:

Edit: I put my earphones on and now I heard the lyrics too. :D

Last edited:
Look we All Know that No Video Director or producer has the Mindset of Michael Jackson They can Never capture Vision On film So I think it's only right to have his loyal fans be in the video that or Ask the estate to let us come up with concepts Or Create our own videos For Future Projects THis is Just My OPINION

I don't like it. Old moves, old choreography taken from old videos.. They could done this better with the actual story from the song! This music video doesn't make any sense in my opinion.. I expected something like Who Is It video!

I think that the biggest problem is low budget.. Michael would never wanted low budget short films. Michael deserves state of the art music videos with groundbreaking special effects, not this!

I don't like it. Old moves, old choreography taken from old videos.. They could done this better with the actual story from the song! This music video doesn't make any sense in my opinion.. I expected something like Who Is It video!

All we need and want : unseen footage. How hard is it, Branca/McClain, to just raid the vaults and come out with 4 minutes of unseen footage from sessions and concerts?

I think that the biggest problem is low budget.. Michael would never wanted low budget short films. Michael deserves state of the art music videos with groundbreaking special effects, not this!

The video for One More Chance was a very low-budget affair.

The video for One More Chance was a very low-budget affair.

Yes, but we now have two videos in a row from the new album that are low budget and look really poorly done.They could at least have made something more intriguing for this song. They could have spend some of those money that weren't invested in promoting the album in making a good video. But we obviously ask too much

why waste money on a big budget video that doesn't capture michael's vision and judging from the footage we dont know what else they have planned for the scenes Yet

why waste money on a big budget video that doesn't capture michael's vision and judging from the footage we dont know what else they have planned for the scenes Yet

Because this is probably the last MJ album with "original" material.And because it was released after his death.They could at least have done something spectacular to celebrate those two things. I personally think that they have not planned anything else.If i am wrong then fine, but i don't think i am. Just my opinion

God, can the fans begin to support the album??? We are talking about MJ's name!! For god's sake. See the video first.

Drama queens.

what good is a Michael Jackson video..without Michael Jackson..NEVER will anyone ever capture Michael's geniousness....this really is hard to take...grr....."leaves thread depressed"

Last edited:
I seriously hope that HT doesn't have a HMH sort of video but I'm affraid it will. The potential here was HUGE, the potential of a story line in the video for HT was just... wow!

If this is what the video for HT really looks like then I'm done, I'm done with MICHAEL (album). At this point I just don't see why Sony is even trying, they f*cked up bigtime and they know it, the very well know it. They had the chance to sort of fix it up a bit and they didn't. At this point they're beating a dead horse, just drop it already...

Sony and The Estate need to stop any sort of mediocre promotion they plan on doing if not any promotion at all and just take a year from releasing new material, clean this shit, focus on other projects they have in store for this year and then with the money they get off those projects try to release and actual album, with actual tracks (finished or not just no more Cascio tracks), with actual promotion, with actual short films, etc.

Seems easy on paper, let's see if that's gonna happen though...

Why should they waste millions in videos when some fans have already decided to boycott the whole project?

They are business people...not tools hiding behind computer screens.

I guess it's too late to ask folks to wait until they see the actual video...

So damn predictable!!!!

omg! we dont even know the contents of this video and you are all ripping it apart lol. You see one little clip from a rubbish gossip site and you jump all over it. IDC If there is a girl dressed like michael for Billie Jean because you know what Michael isn't here. FANS DRESS LIKE HIM it happens it doesn't mean that a girl is playing mj.

Why should they waste millions in videos when some fans have already decided to boycott the whole project?

They are business people...not tools hiding behind computer screens.

I guess it's too late to ask folks to wait until they see the actual video...

So damn predictable!!!!

omg! we dont even know the contents of this video and you are all ripping it apart lol. You see one little clip from a rubbish gossip site and you jump all over it. IDC If there is a girl dressed like michael for Billie Jean because you know what Michael isn't here. FANS DRESS LIKE HIM it happens it doesn't mean that a girl is playing mj.

Exactly.

I feel strange when I read something that makes sense here.

Poor Michael...

I would love to see a fantastic video. But first the 'fans' boycott the work, complain about the video before they see it and now they want a super video. Ridiculous.

I like what i have seen.

Commercially speaking I think a Billie Jean style coreography, although not danced by the man himself, is very apealing, and much better than a thousand times seen scene repeated from an MJ video (which is what many fans would like). We will have to see the entire video to know if there is MJ in it.

For those who only hear Billie Jean, rembember that there are some of us that have been talking about the similarity betwen both songs since the release of tha album.

Anyway, we have been complaining the lack of video and we already know about two, lets enjoy that. Expecting sony to do better is too much.

Dreaming is free, why not think of a no.1, this song is a really good one and now it seems that we have a video to promote it.

Last edited:
God, can the fans begin to support the album??? We are talking about MJ's name!! For god's sake. See the video first.

Drama queens.

thank you. that's exactly what I was about to say. all this negativity is mind-boggling.

Back