to the members of mjjc

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonstreet

Guests
most of probally wont recognise me, if you joined MJJC after June 25. As you can see by my avatar, I've been a member since 2003. I have stopped logging in since June 25 cos its just too much for me to cope with. This site used to be my home, my santuary, but since June, my life has been turned upside down.

I am making this thread as I fell you all need a reality check. Im still visiting this site as a guest and honestly Im horrified at the way this forum and the fan community in general is soo different.

The fan community has changed soo much. Im not saying that we didnt have problems before June 25, as I m sure Gary will agree, but there just seems to be such a differnt tone now. Many Many fans, myself included feel out of place on the forums now. The fact that soo many threads get closed and that Gary has to introduce a subscription is testment to the fact that soo much is different now.

Folks take a look around, how many of the regular posters are pre june 25?? How many of the trouble makers are pre June 25??? Read the rules, respect those of us who have been here year after year, good and bad times. Respect Gary and the mod team. Those of you who are members of MJJC after June 25, Im not saying you are not welcome, cos its clear that Gary and MJJC welcomes you, but please, realise, you dont know everything and like Michael says "respect is not given its earned"

Thank you Thank You Thank You Gary and the mod team, I know we have had our ups and downs, but I just wanted to say just cos I dont login dosnt mean Im not a regualr visitor. I just had to comment on the destruction of our fan community. It just breaks my heart to see MJJC being torn apart like this.

I'm really not sure as to what is going on, I just came here to find people who appreciate mj as much as I do.
I have noticed long discussions and dissagreements between members, it's dissapointing if this is caused by the newest members :( I guess following michael's death a lot of people have been feeling anger and frustration over the way things are being handled and are using this board to let it out... that's just a guess of course.

I'm really not sure as to what is going on, I just came here to find people who appreciate mj as much as I do.
I have noticed long discussions and dissagreements between members, it's dissapointing if this is caused by the newest members :( I guess following michael's death a lot of people have been feeling anger and frustration over the way things are being handled and are using this board to let it out... that's just a guess of course.

id say that's the correct reason.

Yeahh yur words are very true!!!
Respect for each other is very important, and we must be together for Michael... and make him proud!!
Thank you for the words!!

Hi, Moonstreet,

Nice to see you here too :)

I totally agree with you when you say we all (new and old) must respect moderators and the creator/owner of a house that is not ours, but of the ones who have worked for so many years to keep it as the wonderful place it is. The Legacy "mark" is a fitting recognition to those hard working and long time active members of this MJ online community.

You are so right... the MJ fan community has changed so much.

Years ago, when someone was new to MJ, fans would be just happy and ready to guide those newbees. New fans to MJ were precious and cared about. That is why so many of them remain loyal MJ fans today. I remember myself being so happy when people would say they also liked MJ :)

This has also changed after June 25. Many of us have entered the forums for the first time ever, yes, that is true, but many of us DO know MJ for a long time. As I just mentioned this evening at that other forum, if we are to use the dates below our avatars to measure the love we feel for Michael Jackson... we can make too many mistakes. Michael Jackson DESERVES new fans, despite the reasons they might have to be new to forums OR to his music. If not, the MJ community will eventually fade away.

I don't say you are judging anyone. I agree with you: respect must be earned, by respecting others, and also by not jumping into conclussions just for a date. This applies to both old and newly arrived members. We, new members, must do our homework and take the time to read AND FOLLOW the rules.... and "da rules" are not that difficult anyway :D

I thank you for your post, Moonstreet. It's a good opportunity to exchange our opinions on this issue.
thumbsup.gif

All the best fory you!!!
handshake.gif

I agree with the original poster. I been a lurker for many years and I feel too this place has changed. Still love it but there's just a different atmosphere. I used to be excited to read the threads and posts and the general excitement and laughs and jokes. Now, it just seems theres going to be a argument or bickering going on somewhere. someway or another. But I suppose the person who this board is about has gone now and alot of fans are still very troubled of that certain factor, which is understandable.

Nevertheless, The Owner and the Moderators do a awesome job and I still love interacting with fellow other Fans. I do still have a laugh here. I do wish the oldies will start reposting again in the future, not all newbies are bad :) but I understand where their coming from.

I think once ''Dr'' Murray is locked up, I think many fans will ease up abit and be happy again knowing that justice has been done.

I hope I'm not considered one of these people who've made you feel out of place. :( I've been an MJ fan for 18 years, but joined this forum in July 2009, as I wanted to connect with other MJ fans during this difficult time, and also to reflect on MJ's career, life and all of the great times.

Sorry if I'm one of the few who have ruined the vibe, but this is one place where I can go without anyone bashing Michael. I was trying to post on Michael's Internet Movie Database board for a while, but it's absolutely brutal there....plus it's not a fan forum.

I always try to write positive/fun posts on this forum. I do not like arguing. It's very pleasant here, and everyone is very kind. :hug:

Not all new members just became fans after him passing away, if that's what you're implying.

We just hadn't gotten round to it yet. And it doesn't even matter anyway.

so much.

Years ago, when someone was new to MJ, fans would be just happy and ready to guide those newbees. New fans to MJ were precious and cared about. That is why so many of them remain loyal MJ fans today. I remember myself being so happy when people would say they also liked MJ :)

This has also changed after June 25. Many of us have entered the forums for the first time ever, yes, that is true, but many of us DO know MJ for a long time. As I just mentioned this evening at that other forum, if we are to use the dates below our avatars to measure the love we feel for Michael Jackson... we can make too many mistakes. Michael Jackson DESERVES new fans, despite the reasons they might have to be new to forums OR to his music. If not, the MJ community will eventually fade away.

I agree. I am new here and sometimes when we ask questions that are old news like the molestation charges or other things that were covered long ago, we meet alot of frustration and things like, "this was discussed, why bring it up?" I understand it is upsetting to older members who were actually living through those things, but it just ends up making the whole board tense.

I think if old and new members can use this forum as an exchange of ideas, it will work better. I know we may seem so stupid in our questions sometimes, but I think many times they are asked in all honesty.

Many of the newbies have been fans of MJ for years and it is only after June 25th that they felt obliged to join a forum because they needed more of a connection without his physical presence.

"Can't we all just get along. I think we all ultimately want the same things. And those who do not, or are not real fans will eventually get weeded out.

Thanks for listening.

Reactions: Nar
pinklollypop

hi and welcome to the fan community. This post is not ment to cause conflict or to make anyone feel unwelcome. Its just that unfortunatly some members who are new to the online fan community and this site in particular dont seem to realise how to behave. Gary and his team over many years have worked soo hard to make this a home for soo many of yet over the last 5 months, their passionate dedication is under attack time and again.

We are all grieving and struggleing to readjust our lives, and it feels like the one place where we can be understood is in danger.

Hello Moonstreet....I have missed you and I hope you are doing ok......I have found a home here at MJJC...as you know prior June 25th I was on another board....way to painful to even try to go back there.....I absolutely love GAZ and all the mods here....I lurked here prior to June 25th.....I agree ..I have seen a change here since....however I can only speak for myself and say I love it here and I will never go to another forum.....This is a beautiful place for a MJ fan to be.....i do hope that the anger taht I see here will subside soon......again thank you for this thread and letting me know you are ok...:)

I agree with what you said. I joined a couple years ago used to post regularly but Life Happened and I didn't get the chance to participate on the forum for a while. On the 25th I felt sad but I knew I wasn't alone I had many fond memories of MJJC so I returned back and it was nice but like you said the tone was totally different. People became very bitter, and very mean to other members. It is sad..

However, I still like it here - I'm almost afraid to say much though because the way certain people are here my opinions would be ridiculed or bashed just because I didn't agree with what person A was saying.. And thats REALLY SAD..

why did you make the same thread over at MJbeats.com?
no I didnt, that wasnt me, Im not even a member on that site, never even know there was a site called mjbeats.com until you posted the address

I'd like to throw in my couple of cents!

No forum or fanclub or any community can survive without new members. I want each and every new member to know that this is their home now and that all new members are loved and will be supported no matter what. One day soon, the newbies will be old members and supporting the new members as well.

It's the circle of life. :)

I think what happened is that there were a few overzealous new members that started to dictate the flow of discussion - to the point that older members didn't want to participate anymore. Can you imagine if you were here through the trial of 2003-2005 and actually sat in court, or was allowed press passes, or studied the case extensively and then a new member comes around now and demands that you show proof of what you speak of? And then when you show proof you are told that "I don't believe that to be the case..." Or "Give me a link to that... Prove what you say ... Don't accuse this person or that person... You don't know what happened to Michael... Don't accuse AEG" The list goes on and on. Some of the newbies didn't understand that it was okay for members to go through the motion and point fingers because it was a way of healing. But many folks got shut down because of it.

I've seen that happen time and time again on here and the a lot older members started feeling disrespected and hurt and they left this place.

I think some respect was lost for MJJC and the membership after Michael's death. The rules were not followed and some of the newer members caused a lot of disruption. Many were banned! It could have just been because of anger/frustration... some could have just been trouble makers. Nevertheless, many felt pushed out of their home.

So here we are. All of us are lost and feeling sad and depressed. What do we do?

1st thing? Respect the forum. If you love it here, respect the rules of discussion. If you do not like it here, leave. It is that simple. Respect each others opinion. If you don't agree with it, challenge it but don't brow beat another member into submission.

We have to act like family!! Even if we have a crazy uncle or silly aunt we still love them, right? :lol: We need to accept ALL! Accept one another and we gotta stop fighting. We may not agree with one another but we do agree that we love Michael and we love this place. Before we lose this, LOVE it and respect it.

Tis all...

I'd like to throw in my couple of cents!

No forum or fanclub or any community can survive without new members. I want each and every new member to know that this is their home now and that all new members are loved and will be supported no matter what. One day soon, the newbies will be old members and supporting the new members as well.

It's the circle of life. :)

I think what happened is that there were a few overzealous new members that started to dictate the flow of discussion - to the point that older members didn't want to participate anymore. Can you imagine if you were here through the trial of 2003-2005 and actually sat in court, or was allowed press passes, or studied the case extensively and then a new member comes around now and demands that you show proof of what you speak of? And then when you show proof you are told that "I don't believe that to be the case..." Or "Give me a link to that... Prove what you say ... Don't accuse this person or that person... You don't know what happened to Michael... Don't accuse AEG" The list goes on and on. Some of the newbies didn't understand that it was okay for members to go through the motion and point fingers because it was a way of healing. But many folks got shut down because of it.

I've seen that happen time and time again on here and the a lot older members started feeling disrespected and hurt and they left this place.

I think some respect was lost for MJJC and the membership after Michael's death. The rules were not followed and some of the newer members caused a lot of disruption. Many were banned! It could have just been because of anger/frustration... some could have just been trouble makers. Nevertheless, many felt pushed out of their home.

So here we are. All of us are lost and feeling sad and depressed. What do we do?

1st thing? Respect the forum. If you love it here, respect the rules of discussion. If you do not like it here, leave. It is that simple. Respect each others opinion. If you don't agree with it, challenge it but don't brow beat another member into submission.

We have to act like family!! Even if we have a crazy uncle or silly aunt we still love them, right? :lol: We need to accept ALL! Accept one another and we gotta stop fighting. We may not agree with one another but we do agree that we love Michael and we love this place. Before we lose this, LOVE it and respect it.

Tis all...

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Trish:clapping:
thank you, for now and for the past, present and future

Hi Moonstreet,

There are a lot of reasons for the new fans that have joined this community. Most of the time they are nothing but trouble makers but some are fans and have been for a long time. The thing with the new people joining that are fans is that imo they didn't know where to go. They were fans but because of media hate they choose not to come forward until after his death.

Which i don't think any of us will get over in the same way as others. The fans that act differently is something that happens with death. They cope in their own ways. It is hard to explain how people act when you don't know them personally. But i am sick of the fake fans that do join and start up shit. sorry for the explicit but its what it is.

I love this community. There is a lot of good that comes from being around people who can help you deal with things and can put up with mood-swings even if its for a reason no one expected. I came to this community because the one i was in before was all one sided and no ones opinion mattered but the mods. Here you are free to have a say in what you think is right and what you think is wrong.

With each fan forum you find new and exciting people some you like some you want to just slap in the head. Here lol the ones you want to slap in the head are few and far between. But we love each other. Its All about Love. L.O.V.E.

i came to this forum looking for people who shared some of the same views i have on Michael. Your post is true. But you do have to remember that some fans deal with things differently and some fans get all smart assed in grief.

kinda sad i found this forum 4 months before his death. but im glad i did.

pinklollypop

hi and welcome to the fan community. This post is not ment to cause conflict or to make anyone feel unwelcome. Its just that unfortunatly some members who are new to the online fan community and this site in particular dont seem to realise how to behave. Gary and his team over many years have worked soo hard to make this a home for soo many of yet over the last 5 months, their passionate dedication is under attack time and again.

We are all grieving and struggleing to readjust our lives, and it feels like the one place where we can be understood is in danger.

Well, because you are not being specific as to who the "trouble makers" are, and I realize that it would be inappropriate to name them in this thread, you are generalizing and perhaps making all the newbies feel unwelcome. There are alot of newbies that are polite, respectful individuals and love Michael very much. Why don't you message Gary or a Mod with the specifics to "warn" the trouble makers? Sorry the forum isn't as nice as it was before, in your view.

...but some are fans and have been for a long time. The thing with the new people joining that are fans is that imo they didn't know where to go. They were fans but because of media hate they choose not to come forward until after his death.
That's not true...you say it as though this forum is somewhere that you HAVE TO JOIN in your lifetime.

It's a Michael Jackson Forum, there are quite a few, but I'm not saying this one is bad, in fact, it's the best IMO, which is why I joined.

There are many reasons as to why some of us joined after he passed away, so many in fact, that I won't list them.

pinklollypop

WHY exactly are you blaming this on the NEW members? Do you think they are the only ones misbehavin'? As a new member here I try very hard to behave, and I certainly respect Gary and the mods. I've seen more OLDER posters question the admin here than the newer members. And I think that's kind of natural because they know one-another better.

Perhaps there has been a drastic change because when Michael died, there was a big SHIFT when newer members came in, and now the older members want it "back how it was"? Well, that isn't realistic, because none of us can bring Michael back and change what happened.

Thanks for lumping all us newbies together though, like a band of trouble makers. Much appreciated.

I agree, I find some members that say stuff that is just mean, have a purple banner. And that surprises me. I think some of the older fans generalze the newer ones and don't have patience for them.

I have said things on a board and someone will say, "You're one of those, you think this and that.". I say, which one of my posts gave you that conclusion. None. it was just an assumption.

Even though to be fair, if you get the wrong combination of people, it doesn't take much to bring the ugly out of anyone. I can say that I like this forum and I even consistently check it even when I am at work (here's hoping I can keep my job). I know even I have gotten fiesty a few times. I apologize.

But I am happy to meet you Moonstreet. I hope to speak to you in the future. And I really like some of the other members like Trish, Victoria, BoG, L.T.D., Ramona vncwilliam and Natalia. I find new ones now and again that actually make me want to log on just to see if they have posted. They say insightful things, even if I don't always agree with them.

As said before, I think we can find a mutual respect here without making members feel like they are a step below just because their date is post Jun 25th.

WHY exactly are you blaming this on the NEW members? Do you think they are the only ones misbehavin'? As a new member here I try very hard to behave, and I certainly respect Gary and the mods. I've seen more OLDER posters question the admin here than the newer members. And I think that's kind of natural because they know one-another better.

Perhaps there has been a drastic change because when Michael died, there was a big SHIFT when newer members came in, and now the older members want it "back how it was"? Well, that isn't realistic, because none of us can bring Michael back and change what happened.

Thanks for lumping all us newbies together though, like a band of trouble makers. Much appreciated.
Disagreeing with an older member, stop being such a troublemaker.

Banned!

:cheeky:

That's not true...you say it as though this forum is somewhere that you HAVE TO JOIN in your lifetime.

It's a Michael Jackson Forum, there are quite a few, but I'm not saying this one is bad, in fact, it's the best IMO, which is why I joined.

There are many reasons as to why some of us joined after he passed away, so many in fact, that I won't list them.

I dont get what your saying in the red up there... Did i say that this is a forum all closet fans must join? No i didn't.

...but some are fans and have been for a long time. The thing with the new people joining that are fans is that imo they didn't know where to go. They were fans but because of media hate they choose not to come forward until after his death.

I simply stated a mere truth. Before Michael's death there were fans here posting happiely about the new tour and stuff but out there in the world if this forum and many others were not made would still have their heads in the sand. Do you realize that this forum and all like it have had an increase in membership so high that its impossible to keep track of the good and the bad. Michael has fans all over the world who are still holding it in and wont come out and say they are fans to any of the friends around them because they are scared they are going to get laughed at. If those fans are members here well they have a place to be free... Dont ya think?

IMHO.I think the point that Moonstreet is trying to make is that people are getting offended by other peoples post which causes attitude..If you know that you are NOT one of those NEW or OLD members who is causing havic hear at MJJC then you have no reason to get offended....those who are causing the trouble with their bad attitudes definitely KNOW who they are........I can sit back and read posts in threads and pick pick out who the trouble makers are....They are the ones who ALWAYS have to be right....they are the ones who pick fights with just about everyone else.....So maybe we should ALL analyze what it is we are going to post before we post and ask ourselves....If I write that will I be offending others...If you answer yes to yourself then maybe you should not post it.......Remember being rude to others and always having to be right are not good qualities.....Thats all.

Here we go again :cry:

The great divide between old and new. It is sad. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion - but can't we all just get along.

I respect moonstreet's original post...however the more I read down, the more I see people's opinions being mis-interpreted, and the bickering is starting to begin.

Can't we all just get along. Old and new :cry:

I find I can't go to certain areas of this forum anymore, because there's so much snapping in threads :(

Can't we all start fresh. Respect the efforts of the mods. Respect the forum. Respect the rules. Respect each other?

BTW, Thank you Trish for your post, yet again.

Where's the love :( I've met so many wonderful people on this forum, some which I love so so much. And I look forward to meeting many more.

Just....where's the love. Please, can't we just get along. This forum needs to remain being about Michael and what he taught us.

He didn't teach us this :( We need to treat each other equally. We need to treat each other with repect. We need to do it all for love.

L.O.V.E.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back