Tribute 2009 - Jermaine Jackson and World Awards Media [merged]

Re: Tribute 2009 - Jermaine Jackson and World Awards Media

its happeneing in vienna cause its been orgnaised by the same ppl who set up the award show that jermaine went to the other week to collect an award for mj. the idea was obviously created then. so very short notice interms of getting anyone other than some obscure euro dance act lol

Well, a bump is in place i guess. I think it's awesome Jermaine is doing this.

I doubt they will be able to get any big performers to perform. It is very short notice and many singers/bands have tours or other obligations. I hope they can pull this off and get some modern artists as well as some 70's and 80's superstars to show up. Michael deserves it!

I doubt they will be able to get any big performers to perform. It is very short notice and many singers/bands have tours or other obligations. I hope they can pull this off and get some modern artists as well as some 70's and 80's superstars to show up. Michael deserves it!

AP is getting unconfirmed reports of US, Whitney, Madonna...

I'll have you know that having classic performers is WAAY better than some of the modern 'talent'

its happeneing in vienna cause its been orgnaised by the same ppl who set up the award show that jermaine went to the other week to collect an award for mj. the idea was obviously created then. so very short notice interms of getting anyone other than some obscure euro dance act lol

To me it all seems a little tacky but I'm not surprised... we are talking about Jermaine here. There's a big difference between paying homage to one's brother at his memorial by singing his favourite song, and setting up a tribute show on in the family's name, which, due to its location, by all probability won't be up to the standards that Michael deserves.

Any stage show honouring Michael should have performances by the world's biggest stars. This should include, above all:

Madonna, Prince, David Bowie, Whitney Houston, Elton John, Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Mariah Carey and, of course, Cher. Only these people have (half-)comparable legacies, and without their presence, it won't be the same. Of course none of these performers are going to come (well, perhaps Carey) - and that probably has more to do with Jermaine's name than the location or the fact that everything that this family insists on producing themselves usually doesn't turn out that well. The memorial was good because they left in the hands of AEG.

So yeah, Jermaine - star of Big Brother - is arranging a show for Michael Jackson. Doesn't sound right, does it?

AP is getting unconfirmed reports of US, Whitney, Madonna...
that info came from austrian media reports. its not direct from A.P austrian media was talking about who might go there.

None of these stars will appear....

the Tribute concert is overrated IMO and I am affraid of that it will be - fiasco..., like everything Jermaine deals with......

You see, Jermaine might mean well, but he's also trapped in this fame thing.

If you notice Tito talking, he focusses more on the person Michael was

If you look at Latoya, she is a bit of hype even though part of her loves her brother.

If you look at Jermaine, he loves his brother, but then he keeps mentioning "the helicopters", for instance on Larry King when he spoke about approching the hospital.

Maybe it's because he leaves at Encino and choppers circle alot about MJ news, but he seems fixated with "choppers" and the attention it all brings

He loves the spotlight and at times rushes ahead without others agreeing to it.

He may have gone ahead and staged this thing with some promoter e.g. of teh Vienna awards, knowing that his family would not publicly criticize him about it and would find it hard to stay away.

With Jermaine, you just don't know what he's up to. His brothers know him better

so no other family members involved?

really last minute so wont be any proper acts

sorry, this wont be a fitting tribute i dont think

the statement mentioned other family members but gave no names ill be surprised if many others turn up. this is all jerms doing

the statement mentioned other family members but gave no names ill be surprised if many others turn up. this is all jerms doing

oh dear.. i'm cringe-ing already

MJ deserves a tribute concert like Freddie got... people still talk about that show.. i hope it happens one day

Last edited:

MJ deserves a tribute concert like Freddie got... people still talk about that show.. i hope it happens one day
yeah i agree. i guess AEG will be sniffing round to do something sooner or later

hope all those criticizing won't be watching. So many people were critical about the memorial before it aired and it was nothing but classy. I think no matter anyone does you guys arent happy

the meorial was good cause it was done by AEG. an event done by the family always ends in a mess. family honours etc. the fact tickets go on sale in 10 days yet no date venue or artists have been anounced and the whole thing was only concieved in the last few weeks hardly bodes well.

I guess we will see. I think it will be amazing.

The only good Michael-related thing Jermaine was ever in involved arranging was the Jackson Family American Dream mini series.

And I think it says a lot how Janet released a statement a few weeks ago denying Jermaine's statement that all the Jackson siblings would perform at a future tribute show.

The family doesn't always support Jermaine and I think there's a reason why. I've always thought Janet, Marlon and Jackie seemed like the most sane, reasonable members of the family - and they're the ones we never hear about (in Janet's case, in relation to Michael).

Yes, Jermaine means well but the unforgiving truth is that he usually fails. AND HE WENT ON BIG BROTHER!!! Nuff said.

People who live in or near Austria it shall be amazing whoever goes I hope you have an amazing time :)

thank you:cheers:

and dont forget its not the country australia :D with the jumping animal :tease:

And I think it says a lot how Janet released a statement a few weeks ago denying Jermaine's statement that all the Jackson siblings would perform at a future tribute show.

The family doesn't always support Jermaine and I think there's a reason why. I've always thought Janet, Marlon and Jackie seemed like the most sane, reasonable members of the family - and they're the ones we never hear about (in Janet's case, in relation to Michael).

Yes, Jermaine means well but the unforgiving truth is that he usually fails. AND HE WENT ON BIG BROTHER!!! Nuff said.

what abut randy?

hmmmm Im in two minds about this

On one hand, I think this is an amazing idea, to properly celebrate Michael and his legacy, which is not only his music and dance but also the side the general public were mostly not aware of, his amazing love and generousity and humanitarian acts. To have an annual event, like this is truely amazing.

On the other hand, part of me is just a little bit cynical and suspicious. Jermaine is the main family member behind this. This is the same brother who has always been in Michael's shadow, desperately seeking the attention that Michael naturally had. How many times over the years , have we seen Jermaine spouting off to the media, about how ALL the brothers, including Michael, are working on an album and going back on tour?? Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for Jermaine and all the Jackson family, but part of me is just wondering, is Jermaine doing this out of love for his brother or to restart his solo singing career, a career which when Michael was here, was always overshadowed by Michael????

I am 2000% behind you on this opinion. I've always been hit and miss with Jermaine, but I love him because he's Michael's family, and people make mistakes all the time. Recently though, with all his interviews (especially the Larry King ones), I've been getting more then frustrated with him. The other kids can keep their traps shut and respect Michael's privacy like Mike always wanted, but Jermaine just can't seem to do it. He's releasing his version of "Smile" and if ALL those proceeds don't go towards charity and Michael's kids, I'll be one angry person :p

You see, Jermaine might mean well, but he's also trapped in this fame thing.

If you notice Tito talking, he focusses more on the person Michael was

If you look at Latoya, she is a bit of hype even though part of her loves her brother.
He loves the spotlight and at times rushes ahead without others agreeing to it.

He may have gone ahead and staged this thing with some promoter e.g. of teh Vienna awards, knowing that his family would not publicly criticize him about it and would find it hard to stay away.

With Jermaine, you just don't know what he's up to. His brothers know him better

I think the same. Jermaine is still hyped up on being in the spotlight, after not being in it after the jacksons 5, he went to Big brother, now he wants to DEVOTE his life to being MICHAELS MEMORY???
We remember Michael quite well without him devoting his life to it.

I guess he likes all the treatments he gets from famous ppl, concert promoters and MEDIA.....cause he is getting so much attention now.

What was his job before anyway?

I seen Jermaine plug this on Larry King Live last night!

The only good Michael-related thing Jermaine was ever in involved arranging was the Jackson Family American Dream mini series.

Exactly

jackson-ltv02a.jpg

OH Lawd.

JermaineJacksonLive.tv, they mean....

Randy is dodgy and it's likely he suffers from an inferiority complex.

yeah the way he acted during the trial trying to get mj to sell the sony/atv. i wouldnt trust him as far as i could throw him

yeah the way he acted during the trial trying to get mj to sell the sony/atv. i wouldnt trust him as far as i could throw him

o i never ever knew this elusive, what happened?

thought MJ and randy were poss the closest.. partly cos of his special mention in The Essential, spending alot of time together in trial, mention on geraldo etc ...

This is all about Jermaine.
look at jacksonlive.tv...check out the size of Jermaines picture and the size of Michaels lol.

Why the hell Vienna? because thats the only place where Jermaine could get someone to work with him. Everyone knows that the other brothers were useless without Michael.

I think a full tribute should wait and be done next year on his anniversary of his passing. That way a proffesional well planned show can be created. Not some rush effort in Vienna.

Thats my opinion on the whole thing anyways. If this ends up being a pile of crap (like im expecting) it only looks bad on Michael, which is sad.

I think a full tribute should wait and be done next year on his anniversary of his passing. That way a proffesional well planned show can be created. Not some rush effort in Vienna.

Thats my opinion on the whole thing anyways. If this ends up being a pile of crap (like im expecting) it only looks bad on Michael, which is sad.

We should actually launch a petition stating this and send it to Jermaine.

But who knows, maybe deep down he wants it to look bad on Michael... jealousy within a family is the worst kind, they say.

This is all about Jermaine.
look at jacksonlive.tv...check out the size of Jermaines picture and the size of Michaels lol.

Why the hell Vienna? because thats the only place where Jermaine could get someone to work with him. Everyone knows that the other brothers were useless without Michael.

I agree.

Back