Tribute 2009 - Jermaine Jackson and World Awards Media [merged]

Re: Tribute 2009 - Jermaine Jackson and World Awards Media

1,500 views and about 60 posts...hmmmm fans don't seem to be excited about this. i think jermaine is a sweet person and i dont care what his intentions are because end of the day...this is for michael...and i get to see something ABOUT michael.

Re: Tribute 2009 - Jermaine Jackson and World Awards Media

its summer, everyone is on tour. this concert is gonna fail.

Jackson Tribute Date Announced

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090812/ten-jackson-tribute-show-date-announced-5f8abb3.html

Michael Jackson's tribute concert in Vienna will be held on September 26, organisers said.

.World Awards Media GmbH, the event promoter, said the late King of Pop's brother Jermaine Jackson is expected to announce the line-up for the concert - which is being held at Vienna's Schoenbrunn Palace - within two weeks.

Officials in the Austrian capital have said they are thrilled to be hosting the event, which organisers say will feature about 10 major entertainers who will perform 15 to 20 of Jackson's hits on a crown-shaped stage.

The concert will be televised across the globe.

Jermaine has said the venue was chosen because his brother loved Vienna and "loved castles".

Re: Jackson Tribute Date Announced

On easyjet now checking out the flights as long as this has nothing to do with AEG ill be there.

Vienna??? That would be amazing! I'm looking at flights now, looking fairly expensive with accommodation etc though, plus i start back at uni that day :(

if we can get a group to or a few that want to go we can get just a flight out early morning saturday and fly home early morning sunday? Its 60mins on public transport to the venue.
£150 is average b.a price at the moment todo that. Or expedia around £170 for a hotel package

feel like crying i was planing to travel on my birthday the 26 of September to London to see Michael in concert on the 27, an after reading this post can't believe this tribute will be televised and held on my birthday awwww rest in peace my king miss you xxxxxxxx

On the BBC interactive (red button) news service it quotes Jermaine as saying that he has asked 'famous friends' to take part in the tribute. This pretty much confirms to me that this will be a disappointment.
As great as people like Lionel Richie and Stevie Wonder are, I personally feel that if it is to be remembered as being a great celebration and tribute to the King of Pop, it needs to have a lineup of mostly contempory acts.
They're saying there will be about 10 acts. That hardly hints at a show which artists are falling over themselves to be involved with. As with all of Jermaine's other projects, this is probably going to fall on it's ass and be an embrassment to MJ. IF it does go ahead it will still be an embarassment to MJ.
The world wants to see todays heavy hitters paying tribute to the King of Pop, not a line up of older artists like Liza Minelli, Lionel Richie, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Bee Gees etc. they may have been great in their time but I believe Mike's legacy requires an outstanding show of support from CURRENT stars to reinforce that he was still important to people today.
If at all possible the line up should include artists like Beyonce, Kanye West, Justin, Fall Out Boy, Usher, Ne yo, Akon - big stars of today.
The stage show should be magnificent with special effects and graphics. I don't believe Jermaine or the World Awards guys are capable of putting on that kind of show and I don't think they would have the funds to do that anyway. The recent world awards ceremony that Jermaine attended looked far from being the right show for Mike and yet Jermaine has chosen the same people to do the tribute. the location isn't particularly good for a show like this either. That's why an AEG produced show at the O2 would have been perfect. They had dates free. London is where he arranged is last shows. AEG had already paid out money for settings and effects, so the financial outlay would be minimal. They had a very experienced, professional director who is hot right now - Kenny Ortega. I wanted to see personally what Miek was putting together and it won't be the same in the cinema or on DVD.
I hope they announce more details about the tribute soon because I'm not willing to spend money on buying tickets before I hear all the details, and if that means I miss out then so be it.

Reactions: Tom

On the BBC interactive (red button) news service it quotes Jermaine as saying that he has asked 'famous friends' to take part in the tribute. This pretty much confirms to me that this will be a disappointment.
As great as people like Lionel Richie and Stevie Wonder are, I personally feel that if it is to be remembered as being a great celebration and tribute to the King of Pop, it needs to have a lineup of mostly contempory acts.
They're saying there will be about 10 acts. That hardly hints at a show which artists are falling over themselves to be involved with. As with all of Jermaine's other projects, this is probably going to fall on it's ass and be an embrassment to MJ. IF it does go ahead it will still be an embarassment to MJ.
The world wants to see todays heavy hitters paying tribute to the King of Pop, not a line up of older artists like Liza Minelli, Lionel Richie, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Bee Gees etc. they may have been great in their time but I believe Mike's legacy requires an outstanding show of support from CURRENT stars to reinforce that he was still important to people today.
If at all possible the line up should include artists like Beyonce, Kanye West, Justin, Fall Out Boy, Usher, Ne yo, Akon - big stars of today.
The stage show should be magnificent with special effects and graphics. I don't believe Jermaine or the World Awards guys are capable of putting on that kind of show and I don't think they would have the funds to do that anyway. The recent world awards ceremony that Jermaine attended looked far from being the right show for Mike and yet Jermaine has chosen the same people to do the tribute. the location isn't particularly good for a show like this either. That's why an AEG produced show at the O2 would have been perfect. They had dates free. London is where he arranged is last shows. AEG had already paid out money for settings and effects, so the financial outlay would be minimal. They had a very experienced, professional director who is hot right now - Kenny Ortega. I wanted to see personally what Miek was putting together and it won't be the same in the cinema or on DVD.
I hope they announce more details about the tribute soon because I'm not willing to spend money on buying tickets before I hear all the details, and if that means I miss out then so be it.

Major reps. But, we cant pre-judge this, we will have to wait and see who's involved.

OMG you people find anything to complain about. If your not happy about it don't go and don't watch it, its that simple. Instead of finding everything to complain about, try focusing on what this event is for, to remember Michael and to raise money for charity. Personally I would rather see Stevie Wonder, Lionel Ritchie, etc then Akon, and most of the others you have mentioned.

I disagree with your point there if it was "modern" artists I would be more dissappointed. I would rather see Stevie any day over Akon paying tribute to Michael!

@ Lis : lol we wrote the same thing at the same time lol! x

damm i already booked 2 weeks holiday next month, at least ill get to see it on tv anyway.

Well if you look at it this way, we already know how much the oldies cared about MJ, because they have been around for so long. But, the younger generation (like myself) are less interested in acts such as Lionel and Stevie. For the event we want to educate the younger people as to who MJ was and what he achieved. I think modern acts who they could relate to may bring the point across better.

Well if you look at it this way, we already know how much the oldies cared about MJ, because they have been around for so long. But, the younger generation (like myself) are less interested in acts such as Lionel and Stevie. For the event we want to educate the younger people as to who MJ was and what he achieved. I think modern acts who they could relate to may bring the point across better.

Im 22 and still would love to see Stevie, Lionel etc. more than Akon, Will-i-am so its not an age thing at all.

Vienna sounds like a lovely choice, though a bit surprising to me as I would have expected the tribute to take place somewhere in the US.

As for the line-up, I guess I'm an oldie but I'd rather see the likes of Stevie Wonder than many of today's stars. I think the best thing would be to have a mixture of old and new acts. However, Michael has such a varied fanbase, agewise too, that whoever will perform the audience will come. The main thing is that all those who will perform genuinely appreciate Michael themselves.

if we can get a group to or a few that want to go we can get just a flight out early morning saturday and fly home early morning sunday? Its 60mins on public transport to the venue.
£150 is average b.a price at the moment todo that. Or expedia around £170 for a hotel package

i would be up for this...any idea how much the tickets for the concert will cosrt?

Oh man...I hope this does justice to Michael! I am tempted to go...I dunno I'll see how much tickets are and flights etc.

Oh wow, I only now read the link and it says the concert will take place at the Schoenbrunn Palace grounds. What an utterly lovely and fitting location! I fell in love with the place when I visited.

http://www.schoenbrunn.at/en/

Edit: LOL! I'm slow, it actually reads in the post too but somehow I managed to overlook it before I clicked the link.

no definitely not an age thing because i too am young but do not enjoy most of the modern artists out there

o my ,I have to go on this with some fans :yes:

Official web - http://www.schoenbrunn.at/en

h4j.0.0.0x0.660x403.jpeg

I would rather put a Michael DVD and watch than this circus...

How do you know its a circus if you read the website its actully not all about a celebration of his music its for his humanitarian work. This is what the focus is.

I disagree with your point there if it was "modern" artists I would be more dissappointed. I would rather see Stevie any day over Akon paying tribute to Michael!

@ Lis : lol we wrote the same thing at the same time lol! x
I agree. People like Stevie Wonder are LEGENDS. I'm 24 and was at the memorial at Staples Centre, LA. I was more impressed with seeing Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder and Lionel Richie than with Jennifer Hudson.

Back