Tribute 2009 - Jermaine Jackson and World Awards Media [merged]

Oh, now it's looking even worse when the picture of the actual grounds is included. The castle view category is quite literal: for 63 euros you can see the castle just fine... :doh: And the fan category is over 200 Euros as I recall... That's not a decent price for an ordinary fan. I think they may end up with empty areas in some of those price categories... It would be a shame.

don,t start complaining????

i,m not a millionaire!

I want to pay tribute so deeply....and would have spent some money but lost allready so much money by michael,s resheduling the shows and later because he died ( flight, hotel etc).
Now i want to go to vienna and they are asking this much money....
i think it,s ridiculous.....
This is making me poor, i don,t think mike would wanted that.
yeah i could eat only dry bread and drink only water for a month, but i don,t think that,s the thin mike wanted.

it seems like it has nothing to do with the fans or michael anymore, but it,s al about the money (again).....

But i,m still trying to save some money and hope to go....i need to find a way

Actually from what I understand ticket sales are going very well. Please don't start complaining.......the money is going to charity

Its for charity is the point. I swear if there was a rule of no complaining and no bashng of the Jackson family or the projects in the works even for one day this forum would shut down. I found these boards as a place to come when someone so great passed on and what I found are a bunch of people that think they know what michael wanted and who seem to complain about EVERY single thing.

I do not think there will be a problem selling tickets as I have heard sales are going very, very well.

It's been a few hours now and not sold out! It's only one night performance. I thought tickets would go quickly. Looks like the ticket prices are putting a few fans off going.

Actually from what I understand ticket sales are going very well. Please don't start complaining.......the money is going to charity

All the money? Or is some going to his new expensive LA home...? This does not seem like an event Michael would want with many fans not being able to afford to go....

Its for charity is the point. I swear if there was a rule of no complaining and no bashng of the Jackson family or the projects in the works even for one day this forum would shut down. I found these boards as a place to come when someone so great passed on and what I found are a bunch of people that think they know what michael wanted and who seem to complain about EVERY single thing.

Sorry we are not 'sheep' and think with our own minds on the forum. 'Some' Jackson family members have 'bashed' MJ in the past so why one rule for them and one rule for us? I don't think so, sorry.

I do not think there will be a problem selling tickets as I have heard sales are going very, very well.

WHERE did you hear that?? The media? Why hasn't it sold out yet then.... its only 1 night.

at those prices id buy a flight to L.A instead to pay my respects

lisa, i was not being rude to you so don,t judge me , okay?...
if my reaction was feeling like rude, i,m sorry... i didn,t ment that to happen.

We lost out hero, our mentor and our love............
People want to pay respect and jermaine let us believe it was possible for every fan to come to vienna to say goodbye and spent money for charity.

But with these prices not every fan can come, so many who wanted to be there have to stay at home, that,s sad...
I think they ( jermiane in this case) are not seeing reality sometimes.....and how it works for normal people to spent their money....and that these prices are among many people,s budgets.

Even michael never asked these prices...

They could raise money through other ways during the event.
telephone teams??? so the whole world can donate some money cause it,s live tuned all over the world.

But why so much moneu from the fans?

Some fans need to take down their pink glasses, and defend everything a jackson does.....

I'm getting really really pissed right now. Tickets are even more expensive than Michael himself...

What the hell, if actually some of the money would go to some ''real'' charities I would maybe actually consider buying a ticket, but know I just lost it.

Michael, I love you to death, but I just can't afford a 212,- ticket + airline ticket + hotel just to see you brother making a mess of all this. I mean there's a reasson why Jermaine still hasn't announced the artist who will perform. I really wanna go tho, just for Michaels sake, but it's just so damn expensive.

*bangs head against wall*

WHERE did you hear that?? The media? Why hasn't it sold out yet then.... its only 1 night.

It could be true, eventho I've been ranting about the whole thing I actually clicked on the ''order a ticket'' button and have been in que for half an hour now. :doh:

EDIT: I got trough and the only option I cpuld choose off was the Cat 1 Royal Fan - Wavebreaker
Normalpreis 378,00 EUR option, I dont have money like that...

Did anyone overhere found a 63,- ticket?

Last edited:
It could be true, eventho I've been ranting about the whole thing I actually clicked on the ''order a ticket'' button and have been in que for half an hour now. :doh:

EDIT: I got trough and the only option I cpuld choose off was the Cat 1 Royal Fan - Wavebreaker
Normalpreis 378,00 EUR option, I dont have money like that...

Did anyone overhere found a 63,- ticket?

Dont know what planet you are on but all prices are still available and there is no que. Anyway I have never seen such a badly organised event in my life, they have not even announced the tribute artists going to be there. Also the ticket prices are a disgrace.

lisa, i was not being rude to you so don,t judge me , okay?...
if my reaction was feeling like rude, i,m sorry... i didn,t ment that to happen.

We lost out hero, our mentor and our love............
People want to pay respect and jermaine let us believe it was possible for every fan to come to vienna to say goodbye and spent money for charity.

But with these prices not every fan can come, so many who wanted to be there have to stay at home, that,s sad...
I think they ( jermiane in this case) are not seeing reality sometimes.....and how it works for normal people to spent their money....and that these prices are among many people,s budgets.

Even michael never asked these prices...

They could raise money through other ways during the event.
telephone teams??? so the whole world can donate some money cause it,s live tuned all over the world.

But why so much moneu from the fans?

Some fans need to take down their pink glasses, and defend everything a jackson does.....

I am not judgine you, it is in general I have never seen any fans act the way MJs does. And thats a shame considering he was probably the most loving person out there. I don't have pink glasses on, and if Jermaine or any of the other Jackson were doing something wrong I would be the first to say it. However ever since MJ passed EVERY single time someone in the family does something the fans act like they know better. It is disheartening and sad. In reality no matter what they would have done not every fan could have attended. For me I don't mind paying the price for the ticket but I can't afford that type of trip right now. But instead of complaining about it I am happy to hear about it! I am happy money is going to be raised and hopefully we will all get to watch it. Or should I say those of us that aren't shooting it down. I hope those of you (not referring to you here jenny because I believe you want to go) who have been complaning about Jermaine since the first time it was announced do not watch it.

okay, now i understand a little bit more where you are coming from with this opinion.

I understand what you mean by many people complaining about his family, many ar doing that.....

The only thing i wanted to say is, the jackson,s are not perfect and sometimes it really makes my eybrows raise with what they do and decide.....that,s all.....

No they are not perfect just as none of us are :) Sometimes I just get aggravated coming here instead of being comforted because of all the negativity about every single decision made. If it was something here or there I would understand for sure. But it is everything and it is a bit disheartening so i do apologize to you.

Dont know what planet you are on but all prices are still available and there is no que. Anyway I have never seen such a badly organised event in my life, they have not even announced the tribute artists going to be there. Also the ticket prices are a disgrace.
Dude..I'm just tellin' what happened to me, could be really different for everyone else. I had to wait for more than half an hour, because the server was too busy (gets TTI flashbacks) and when I finally got trough the damn thing..it only gave me the 378 option, there were no other options to choose from.

I'm gonna try again within a few minutes, hope it works out for me.

don,t apologize.....i understand you.

i think the grieve and mourning went on antoher level for many of us.....
i hope you can find comfort again soon.....i hope i will too......

I am not judgine you, it is in general I have never seen any fans act the way MJs does. And thats a shame considering he was probably the most loving person out there. I don't have pink glasses on, and if Jermaine or any of the other Jackson were doing something wrong I would be the first to say it. However ever since MJ passed EVERY single time someone in the family does something the fans act like they know better. It is disheartening and sad. In reality no matter what they would have done not every fan could have attended. For me I don't mind paying the price for the ticket but I can't afford that type of trip right now. But instead of complaining about it I am happy to hear about it! I am happy money is going to be raised and hopefully we will all get to watch it. Or should I say those of us that aren't shooting it down. I hope those of you (not referring to you here jenny because I believe you want to go) who have been complaning about Jermaine since the first time it was announced do not watch it.
I dont care who organizes this event....its not just about Jermain but the whole production!!
Its not okay to call it a Fan Event, its not okay to say every Fan can say Good Bye and then use prices that are VIP league!:no:

I dont have money for me and my girlfriend to buy two 400 Euro Tickets, because we have also lost a lot of money because of the TII Concerts....and THEY WHERE A LOT CHEAPER!

Its a matter of fact that the prices are to high, and i get very angry when i think about all those VIP loosers who get there Tickets for free, like goverment people, seating in front of the stage and the true Fans are miles away from it!!
Thats NO Fan Event in my eyes!And as i said it doesnt matter who is the organizer!:cheeky:

don't be stupig and get ripped off by this!
THE TICKET SALES WILL BE A FLOP! Believe me!
You will be able to get tickets on the black market for 20-40% of the face value. 100%

I won't buy and will get my golden seat for 100 EUR in Vienna.

Please before buying the tickets consider the following points:

1) The administrators for Michael Jackson's estate (Branca, McClain) and the court have not approved this concert and are not going to be behind it or support it in any way. This means that profit made through this concert won't go to Michael's estate (e.g. the kids) but will go in Jermaine's own pockets.

2) I know the website says profit from the concert will go to charities. Be aware though the website DOESN'T say ALL money will go to charities, it says a 'SUBSTANTIAL' amount of money will go to charities. I am always very suspicious when people don't quantify things, in the end no one will know for sure how much money will go to charities and how much will be kept by the organisation and Jermaine. I am sure some money will go to charities, but how much?

3) Why are all charities listed not charities Michael supported in the past??? Why choosing Jermaine's own charity and Larry King's??? I don't remember Michael ever been involved with these. Please remember that Larry King's wife is trying to put her nose in everything Jermaine is doing at the moment and she has been trying to launch a singing career for a while (she is now considering the remake of Will you be there with Jermaine - don't they understand that we want to hear Michael singing Will you be there not Jermaine and Larry King's wife???)

4) Why is it more expensive to see a tribute (and we don't even know who's going to sing, probably just Jermaine himself) than Michael himself??? I don't care about who is going to be there, you are right this is just about supporting Michael, but I don't like been ripped off by people who are just trying to become richer and I feel this is the case with this concert.

5) By the way, Michael's photo at the front page of the TRibute website has now gone!!! There is only a big photo of Jermaine! Great... and the circus goes on...

CATEGORY 8: CASTLE VIEW 3
(Standing room, limited view) Price per ticket: EUR 55,00 plus fees, including a Vienna City Lines ticket* TOTAL PRICE (Austria): EUR 63,00
CATEGORY 7: CASTLE VIEW 2
(Standing room, limited view) Price per ticket: EUR 85,00 plus fees, including a Vienna City Lines ticket* TOTAL PRICE (Austria): EUR 96,00
CATEGORY 6: CASTLE VIEW 1
(Standing room, limited view) Price per ticket: EUR 120,00 plus fees, including a Vienna City Lines ticket* TOTAL PRICE (Austria): EUR 135,00
CATEGORY 5: FAN
(Standing room) Price per ticket: EUR 190,00 plus fees, including a Vienna City Lines ticket* TOTAL PRICE (Austria): EUR 212,00
CATEGORY 4: GRANDSTAND 2
(seats) Price per ticket: EUR 250,00 plus fees, including a Vienna City Lines ticket* TOTAL PRICE (Austria): EUR 278,00
CATEGORY 3: GRANDSTAND 1 (seats) Price per ticket: EUR 350,00 plus fees, including a Vienna City Lines ticket* TOTAL PRICE (Austria): EUR 378,00
CATEGORY 2: SILVER SEAT (seats) Price per ticket: EUR 350,00 plus fees, including a Vienna City Lines ticket* TOTAL PRICE (Austria): EUR 378,00
CATEGORY 1: GOLD SEAT (seats) Price per ticket: EUR 490,00 plus fees, including a Vienna City Lines ticket* TOTAL PRICE (Austria): EUR 518,00

What are the prices in USD or American Dollars although It does look kinda expensive.

I don't get the complaining, I mean on the website it says it will air on CNN. Besides for than likely someone will post it on youtube. I say if you can afford it go, if not watch it on tv/internet. I remember when people were complaining about the prices of the TII concert tixs being expensive.

Gosh, I just saw the pictures of the seats on the website today... gooosh! I wish I wasn't in such a hurry yesterday. It's so far away, Michael wouldn't have done so. I don't think the prices for the TII tickets were that expensive, just the VIP thing but besides that people could afford it, maybe some would have sat a bit far away but you were still able to see him BUT this tribute show is not comparable. I have tickets in that "faaaaar away" categorie and I'm trying to make the best of it :(

Nope, but it was only reservartion for the tickets as for now....the site is legit and they haven't updated yet.
I have ordered there last year. No problems.

Goooood, I was havin a bad feelin drivin home after bookin... I thought maybe I was just payin for bookin and not for the tickets

1) The administrators for Michael Jackson's estate (Branca, McClain) and the court have not approved this concert and are not going to be behind it or support it in any way. This means that profit made through this concert won't go to Michael's estate (e.g. the kids) but will go in Jermaine's own pockets.

2) I know the website says profit from the concert will go to charities. Be aware though the website DOESN'T say ALL money will go to charities, it says a 'SUBSTANTIAL' amount of money will go to charities. I am always very suspicious when people don't quantify things, in the end no one will know for sure how much money will go to charities and how much will be kept by the organisation and Jermaine. I am sure some money will go to charities, but how much?

3) Why are all charities listed not charities Michael supported in the past??? Why choosing Jermaine's own charity and Larry King's??? I don't remember Michael ever been involved with these. Please remember that Larry King's wife is trying to put her nose in everything Jermaine is doing at the moment and she has been trying to launch a singing career for a while (she is now considering the remake of Will you be there with Jermaine - don't they understand that we want to hear Michael singing Will you be there not Jermaine and Larry King's wife???)

4) Why is it more expensive to see a tribute (and we don't even know who's going to sing, probably just Jermaine himself) than Michael himself??? I don't care about who is going to be there, you are right this is just about supporting Michael, but I don't like been ripped off by people who are just trying to become richer and I feel this is the case with this concert.

5) By the way, Michael's photo at the front page of the TRibute website has now gone!!! There is only a big photo of Jermaine! Great... and the circus goes on...

nr 5 there just doesn't surprise me.
:smilerolleyes:
:doh:

EDIT:
just entered the website and what are you talking about?
michael's still there!

AFAIK Jermaines charity doesn't even exist officially. It's not even registered as a charity.

I also spotted this disclaimer on the site:

"Jermaine Jackson and the producers will make every attempt to present some of the world’s leading artists, however there is no right or legal claim whatsoever that certain artists will perform at THE TRIBUTE"

So they won't guarantee to have ANY leading artists at all.
icon_eek.gif

This show sucks.
icon_twisted.gif

the website also says:

"Jermaine Jackson will announce the performing artists at an International Press Conference in Vienna at the end of August."

So I guess we don't have to wait too long before finding out who will/won't perform. I wouldn't put it past Jermaine to announce a great list of performers only for them to announce they haven't agreed to do it. The disclaimer above certainly allows him the freedom to do so without having to deal with annoyed ticket buyers.
Jermaine will try anything to raise his profile.

just wanna say this..
the "gold price" tickets for this show which sadly..doesn't include Michael since he's not here anymore!! but just some artists, well, for the SAME price, I bought a PAIR of front row tickets for 2 days in september for Michael's show. (from AEG on viagogo!)

the prices are riddiculous!
I would only pay THAT amount for a ticket to actually SEE Michael. Like I was going too :(

I have gone to "fan events" that cost more then this. If you can afford to go I urge you to go, if not then don't but stop bringing all the negativety.

If this is a genuine tribute for charity then why not make it free with a lottery system for tickets as they did for the Diana concert and Live 8?
They could cover their operational costs and make money for charity through sponsorship and merchandise.
Please don't buy into the theory that by missing this concert you won't be able to pay tribute. This is not a tribute, it's simply a commercial venture. We can all pay tribute in our own ways and at free fan gatherings.

Back