True Love....thoughts??

aww cute thread linda . a agreee with most posts . imo, love means finding your soul mate. he/shes out there .jus have to find him/her :wub:

True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Letting go is one way of saying I love you.

:)

beautiful.....

Yeah... I do believe in true Love

' ....Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflated,

it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury,

it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.

It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails....'
(1 Corinthians chapter 13)

Only when is rooted in God will it last forever:yes:
and ever...

Love means it is a given that you are forgiven, but also that you don't even want to do something where you'd have to be forgiven.

beautiful.....

Yeah... I do believe in true Love

' ....Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflated,

it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury,

it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.

It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails....'
(1 Corinthians chapter 13)

Only when is rooted in God will it last forever:yes:
and ever...

Smiles~~~~~

It's a timeless love that never ends whether you are together or apart, that person becomes part of your soul; it's honesty, loyalty, trust, your best friend; it's unspoken words, you can look at that person and know their thoughts and feel what's in their heart; it's an unbroken connection, a kindred spirit; it's someone who can make your heart sing.

Do you think we only get one true love in a lifetime?

If that?...

There is lots of real true love, like friendship, or love between family members and children, but the ONE true love.... I don't think we all get even one. Sometimes none... but I could certainly be wrong.

interesting topic

true love is the heart first. not morality.
ask what your heart want, then insist what you want---at that time(the insisting process) morality would take effort, such as chasing with a proper way, acceptinng win or fail with a proper attitude, etc. one word: follow your heart in a proper = morality.
be watchful, all is based on "heart".

you can't deceieve yourself.
heart, emotion, love... all these are the most treature given by GOD with huge energy. if you didn't work in a proper way such as coward, self-cheat... it would turn into the sharpest sword under your chest.

for example,
a feeble people who is accustomed to rely on others whatever the spirit or the material, when he/she fall in love, and love so deep(it also mean he/she rely on deeperly), that is so-called true-love; when he/she was abandoned, he/she died soon, that's an example "die of heartbroken".

a strong people also fall in love and meet the emotion tragedy in his/her life, but he/she try his/her best transfered it into useful stuffs, including enhance himself, make himself progress... finally 1)he got more chance to heal himself and meet the new love; 2)he might die of heartbroken, but, compared with the former example, the latter is GOD's favor.

however if we meet emotion difficulties, the first thing is to save ourselves. life is the most rare stuff given by GOD. don't wait and waste it.
i do trust true love, but i never agree some people use "true love" as a cloak to be a feeble person, and finally give this "feeble true love" a holy judgement. this concept do kill a lot people, especially the sentimental people trend to forgive themself with such a cloak, it's dangerous, very dangerous, it might kill themselves later.

---------
oh that's it, that's why i feel worry and reply this thread:

About my dreams.. As you know.. they became true... so often..

Shortly:
I have a pen pal around 2,5 years, we shared with each other everything, bad or good times.. Wrote to each other a few times a week..
I know he had a long distance relationship with some girl, they saw each other not often, just used net/cell phone..
He sounded so happy all those years...

Once, suddenly, I had a dream about him ( around half year ago ) that his girlfriend left him, after some time he got injured badly at his work and spent a few months in the hospital, after that he is died :(

That dream shocked me at first. Of course, I didn't tell him about it, just said to be very careful at work.

The dream became true?
After a some time I had this dream, he wrote to me and told me that his girlfriend left him, she found someone else...
I did my best to support him.. He sounded hopeful and refreshed, positive again.

So, the first part of that dream became true :(

Now.. the worse..
I didn't hear from that guy from.. April...
He didn't pick up/open even e-cards ( if he would, i would receive notification ).. It's mean he is not online.. Why?
I even afraid to think about the other part of that dream :(
I can't search on him, cuz even don't know his real name ( it's online stuff, you know.. nicknames.. )

ladies and gentlemen, stand up
fight for yourself, with a proper way. a better tomorrow is waiting... :D:p

more and more it seems that when someone says, 'i love you' , what they mean is, I want you to love me

^^interesting perspective, I would have to agree somewhat

True Love + Best Friends = Soulmate

Soulmate = is used to designate someone with whom one has a feeling of deep and natural affinity, friendship, love, intimacy, sexuality, spirituality and/or compatibility. A related concept is that of the twin flame or twin soul – which is thought to be the ultimate soulmate, the one and only other half of one's soul, for which all souls are driven to find and join. (Websters)

Best Friends = accept you for you and never tries to change you into something or someone your not, one is there for you in good times and bad & never wants/needs anything in return.

True Love = Pure, Genuine, Absolute, Respectful, Supportive, Faithful, Loyal, and Committed.

I could go on...but I think you understand my point (s) on what True Love means to me...

Back in 1993 I wrote a Reflection of Thought about 2 of my Best Friends in the whole wide world...I will look for it, and post it for all who are interested...

Heal The World~~~"Education Is The Key"

As promised here you go....

“The difference between a best friend and an acquaintance varies to the point of no return.

“BEST OF FRIENDS”

Although most of us call an acquaintance a friend but in reality they are simply a person that one occasionally may see or have a conversation with. They are never there for us in our times of trouble or need, nor are they there to share in the happiness and sadness that life sometimes bring to us. Some are a so called friend to another for the sole purpose of status, monetary reasons, or to take advantage of certain situations for personal gain. For whatever their reasons are, they are like two ships passing in the night. In the end, only a “best friend” can give us the comfort of true love, trust, and devotion.

Best friends are like twins that are never separate. Sometimes in body they have to be, however, their spirit will always remain connected to the inner being that all of us possess. Best friends come to us for all sorts of reasons. We never really understand exactly why destiny has brought us together but the Divine always seems to make the right choices for us.

A best friend can come to us at anytime or anyplace on our journey through life. They are always someone that our personalities connect to. They can be someone we met through school, work, a community function or even a family member. Best friends always accept us for whom we are and never try to change us into something or someone we are not. They are always there for us in our time of need, they give us guidance, they support us in our goals, and they encourage in our dreams. A true best friend is more precious than any amount of gold.

It takes many lives to find and hold onto that beautiful creation from nature’s earth. As we achieve the love and understanding that “best friends” possess; never jeopardize that trust, for without it, we have nothing…

By:
Suzanne M. (Susie) Deeds
Journal of Reflections & Thoughts II
© 1994

Last edited:
Reactions: Pua
^ totally, yes Sdeidjs thanks for sharing that, very nice indeed :yes:

^^If you find it and that's what you want, to conquer it all, yes anythings possible.

*sigh* (very deep, and wishful one...you can add some corny in there too if you wish)

I wanna have a true love :( :wub: boy.... this song, this thread, some other threads..... it all really causes a deep yearning doesn't it. To have the thing that is missing, lacking. Easier to not think about it sometimes.

i believe in true love, but in order to find it you have to go through a tough journey and heart ache. its out there.

True Love conquers all. Or does it? :unsure:

PSALM 37 OF DAVID.

1. Do not fret because of evil men
or be envious of those who do wrong;

2. for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away.

3. Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.

4. Delight yourself in the LORD and he will
give you the desires of your heart.

5. Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:

6. He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

7. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.

8. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret—it leads only to evil.

9. For evil men will be cut off,
but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.

10. A little while, and the wicked will be no more;
though you look for them, they will not be found.

11. But the meek will inherit the land
and enjoy great peace.

12. The wicked plot against the righteous
and gnash their teeth at them;

13. but the Lord laughs at the wicked,
for he knows their day is coming.

14. The wicked draw the sword
and bend the bow to bring down the poor and needy,
to slay those whose ways are upright.

15. But their swords will pierce their own hearts,
and their bows will be broken.

16. Better the little that the righteous have
than the wealth of many wicked;

17. for the power of the wicked will be broken,
but the LORD upholds the righteous.

18. The days of the blameless are known to the LORD,
and their inheritance will endure forever.

19. In times of disaster they will not wither;
in days of famine they will enjoy plenty.

20. But the wicked will perish:
The LORD's enemies will be like the beauty of the fields,
they will vanish—vanish like smoke.

21. The wicked borrow and do not repay,
but the righteous give generously;

22. those the LORD blesses will inherit the land,
but those he curses will be cut off.

23. If the LORD delights in a man's way,
he makes his steps firm;

24. though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

25. I was young and now I am old,
yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
or their children begging bread.

26. They are always generous and lend freely;
their children will be blessed.

27. Turn from evil and do good;
then you will dwell in the land forever.

28. For the LORD loves the just
and will not forsake his faithful ones.
They will be protected forever,
but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off;

29. the righteous will inherit the land
and dwell in it forever.

30. The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom,
and his tongue speaks what is just.

31. The law of his God is in his heart;
his feet do not slip.

32. The wicked lie in wait for the righteous,
seeking their very lives;

33. but the LORD will not leave them in their power
or let them be condemned when brought to trial.

34. Wait for the LORD and keep his way.
He will exalt you to inherit the land;
when the wicked are cut off, you will see it.

35. I have seen a wicked and ruthless man
flourishing like a green tree in its native soil,

36. but he soon passed away and was no more;
though I looked for him, he could not be found.

37. Consider the blameless, observe the upright;
there is a future for the man of peace.

38. But all sinners will be destroyed;
the future of the wicked will be cut off.

39. The salvation of the righteous comes from the LORD;
he is their stronghold in time of trouble.

40. The LORD helps them and delivers them;
he delivers them from the wicked and saves them,
because they take refuge in him.

Beliefnet.com

Its all a very 'funny' thing, perceptions of love and all. :unsure:

Desederata, the old text found in a church in the 1600s says,

"...and neither be cynical about love, for in the face of all arridity and disenchantment, it is as perrenial as the grass"

It becomes very challenging not to be cynical about love after we love so purely from our hearts in our youth and with all innocence want to extend ourselves from the heart toward people who wind up acting like they could care less about us. We are simply showing them natural affection and they show us unnatural rejection.

Then we inadvertantly do things that make others who extend love toward us, feel as though we could care less about them. We may have mistakenly associated love with fear, summizing that the more purely we love someone, the more devestating the pain will inevitably be, or sometimes its shame, eg., if we realize someone has a great sense of us from the outside, afraid to give them a closer look at the inside for fear they may change their mind, or sometimes just pain eg., "hurting people hurt people", usually unintentionally.

I do believe True Love doesn't die because God is Love and whomever and whatever God has joined together in Spirit, in Love, nothing can put asunder.

Love conquors all because love is really All That Is.

but let's say you know that I love you and let's say you know because you know it, like its something your consciousness is keenly aware of - knowing it in that sense,

and say you approach me and I don't seem quite myself in responding to you, more than likely its probably because I'm not myself right then.

Maybe something threw me off my center, my sense of myself. When we're not loving ourselves we can't love anyone else. That doesn't mean "I don't love you". Sometimes it means I can't love you until I can love me again. By the time I get around to forgiving myself or having compassion for myself you may be gone, disenchanted with what you may have understandably perceived as rejection or sense of loss, but in reality it doesn't mean that my heart isn't with you in every step you take and in a constant prayer of Love toward you.

It means that my heart is broken and and to bring you this broken - thing - is something I don't feel would serve you in any way. I feel peoples' self image at a given time has a lot to do with how they show love, or if they do or not at a given time.

Love hopes all things, Love believes all things, Love never fails and that's because God is Love

That's what I truly believe about True Love :) :yes:

:2cents: :yawn:

Last edited:
Back