TV Alert: Lee Thomas on Larry King tonight

why do ppl in watch leno and co dont tell me ppl actually find him funny. regardless of the way he treats mj. gonna watch something that is anti mj then no need to tell everyone about it. somethings should be kept to yourself

lee said in one of the interviews that getting depigmentation isnt permenant and u have to keep having it done cause the pigments keeps coming back.sure he said that in the interview with the dj on u tube. think he said thats what mj has had. and it bears out cause in some pictures u see pigment spots on mj and then other times its gone

i thought the first time mj mentioned it was oprah. ive never seen footage of him talking about depigmentation.heard that about katherine but ive never seen it myself

HE is right. I looked it up in a PDR (physicians desk reference) and all of the depigmenting creams are reversible especially when the treated areas are exposed to the sun.

HE is right. I looked it up in a PDR (physicians desk reference) and all of the depigmenting creams are reversible especially when the treated areas are exposed to the sun.
After reading the info on the Mayo Clinic site, I found another medical site that said spots could reappear, especial if exposed to sunlight but maybe by permanent Mayo meant that it wouldn't automatically restore to the color prior to use by just stopping its use. It could just be a matter of interpretation. Mayo is a very respected clinic. That is why I went to their site first.

Larry King Live on CNN: Vitiligo (MJ related!!)

I found this on CNN...Larry King interviewed an anchor, Lee Thomas from Detroit, who has vitiligo. Lee Thomas is an African-American and most of his face and both his hands are now white because of vitiligo. You can watch the video and interview here:

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2008/01/07/lkl.lee.thomas.cnn

Please spread this video, put it on YouTube, e-mail it to people you know...

I hope this will help people to finally understand and accept Michael and will stop people being so hard on Michael!!! I'm really glad that guy went on TV to talk about vitiligo, so that people will see it's not Michael bleaching his skin but that other people has it as well. I think when people really see what it does they will be able to understand why MJ uses make up and why his skin is white.

Last edited:
Re: Larry King Live on CNN: Vitiligo (MJ related!!)

Hi. We already have a thread on this and I will merge this thread with the other one.

poor man... it's terrible... I feel for the guy... he seems a nice man btw

he was brave enough to reveal the secret and it may help others (including Michael of course who happens to be the most famous individual suffering from vitiligo)
thanks for the link:D

Thank you very much for that
I hope too, that people now will realize that Michael has the same condition, and they will know that his skin isn't bleached

poor man... it's terrible... I feel for the guy... he seems a nice man btw

he was brave enough to reveal the secret and it may help others (including Michael of course who happens to be the most famous individual suffering from vitiligo)
thanks for the link:D
I know that many people already know, but just incase there is confusion, I just want to say that vitiligo is not unigue to people of colour. It is just as common among white people as it is among blacks. The only reason why it is such an issue among blacks is because of the change in skin colour, but besides that, the effect is just as lifechanging to the whites. Please do not see it as a desease that affects black people, it affects every race of people.

I know that many people already know, but just incase there is confusion, I just want to say that vitiligo is not unigue to people of colour. It is just as common among white people as it is among blacks. The only reason why it is such an issue among blacks is because of the change in skin colour, but besides that, the effect is just as lifechanging to the whites. Please do not see it as a desease that affects black people, it affects every race of people.
did I say this? , of course I know ( my cousin- white -suffers form vitiligo as well)

did I say this? , of course I know ( my cousin- white -suffers form vitiligo as well)
I was not addressing you in particular, neither did I accused anyone of not knowing, I simply said I would like to make it clear for the benefit of anyone who may not be aware. I was not saying you dod not know, infact I did mention in my first line that I believe most people already know.

I think Larry does that on purpose almost as if to say I'll only believe it if Michael comes on my show and tell me. It's a backhanded way of trying to provoke Mike and when most reporters do it, that never ever works especially with Michael Jackson. Totally agree with everything else you said wbbs :flowers:

totally agree there. he so wants mj on his show sooo bad.

for those who have stated that whites suffer from the disorder too...i didn't know this. i'd like to be enlightened on this...i'm black..and i'd like to know if it is noticeable on a white person, without makeup...and how is it noticeable..

i'm not trying to be rude...i just have a need to absorb knowledge..

Last edited:
totally agree there. he so wants mj on his show sooo bad.

for those who have stated that whites suffer from the disorder too...i didn't know this. i'd like to be enlightened on this...i'm black..and i'd like to know if it is noticeable on a white person, without makeup...and how is it noticeable..

i'm not trying to be rude...i just have a need to absorb knowledge..

Thank you for saying this. I had the feeling that some people may think of it purely as a black person's skin desease, but it is not. it affects white people at the same rate as it affects blacks. The difference is that there is no changing of skin colour for them, but they do loose pigmentation and they cannot have suntan and they are just as prone to cancer as blacks'
Whether they show or not depends on how fair they are. However, they too do use make up to even out their skintone. I was at my local hospital where an old white lady lifted up her sleave and showed me the effect of vitiligo and told me she had it all over her body. She also told me that she is always defending MJ when she hear ignorant people talk about his skin being bleached.

for those who have stated that whites suffer from the disorder too...i didn't know this. i'd like to be enlightened on this...i'm black..and i'd like to know if it is noticeable on a white person, without makeup...and how is it noticeable

its noticable because white ppl dont look like mj ie milk white. they have some sort of pigment colour depending on their heritage. so when they get vit u get milk white patches.obviously not as obvious as someone with dark skin but pretty easy to spot if they have alot of it vit is also pretty common among ppl of asian heritage. alot of works going on in india because of the amount of ppl there who have it. they seem to be more prone.just do a google to see pics

I agree.... although white skin is lighter you can still notice the white spots when sb suffers from vitiligo

Seems like a such a nice guy, and he is so brave for everything he had done. So good that he is making people aware of it. And also talking about Michael.

Such a great guy. Thanks for posting

White people suffer from vitiligo, as does any face of people. Vitiligo causes the absence of pigmentation. White people are not devoid of pigmentation. They have color to their skin, they have tone, like a peach color, lighter or darker depending on your genes and region. Someone who suffers from vitiligo IS devoid of color, they actually turn white or pigmentless.

yeah i saw that, that's very courageous of him to tell his story...and glad he stuck up for mj...

Thanks for posting that video. I feel so bad for Lee Thomas, it must be horrible having to live with a disease like that. And Michael, too.

Does anybody have a transcript of the whole interview? I'd like to read what he said about Michael.

Re: Larry King Live on CNN: Vitiligo (MJ related!!)

I found this on CNN...Larry King interviewed an anchor, Lee Thomas from Detroit, who has vitiligo. Lee Thomas is an African-American and most of his face and both his hands are now white because of vitiligo. You can watch the video and interview here:

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2008/01/07/lkl.lee.thomas.cnn

Please spread this video, put it on YouTube, e-mail it to people you know...

I hope this will help people to finally understand and accept Michael and will stop people being so hard on Michael!!! I'm really glad that guy went on TV to talk about vitiligo, so that people will see it's not Michael bleaching his skin but that other people has it as well. I think when people really see what it does they will be able to understand why MJ uses make up and why his skin is white.

Thanks for posting the video.

I agree Summer. It makes me feel so proud of Mr. Thomas for having the courage to do this and of Michael for continueing with his career in such a focused way despite what was happening to him.

Back