Update: Behind the Scenes on Jan 28th 8PM ET OWN Channel / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

Will you watch the Oprah interview

• Yes

Votes: 87 70.7%
  • No I don't feel right about watching

Votes: 36 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Update: Air date Nov. 8 th / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

MJ admitted it himself after the first allegations, and who knows later on again. WHY is this for some fans hard to believe? Cause it sure ain't for me, especially WHY would his own mother lie about that? No,sorry.

It IS very very understandable that someone gets addicted to meds when being in situations like he has been, he has been through several nightmares, only those weren't dreams but real life nightmares. It certainly won't ever change my opinion if the good man has used meds in his life. You absolutely can't even judge on that.

michael had chronic pain in his skin, so, that is not the legal definition for addiction, otherwise a cancer patient on morphine would be considered an addict.

A 'nose joke' ?! OMG - are you for real? There was no nose joke. Oprah was asking about the surgeries and whether Katherine felt he went to far, Katherine simply answered the question that yes she did think he went to far and his nose became too thin. So now a mother's not allowed to have her opinion? OK, toothpick might not be a great adjective, but its her choice of words goddammit. It was NOT A JOKE, she was NOT BASHING him. If anything, it was more heartbreaking and painstaking for her to watch her child go through that mess of thinking he's ugly and constantly trying to 'fix it'. Her story about speaking to the cosmetic surgeon says it all...she was a mother who wanted the best for her child and tried to help him.

I just dont believe how people think that Katherine would ever 'betray' her son. And all of a sudden she's responsible for the news stories and media? Katherine has hardly uttered a word throught Michael's life, and the media have had MORE THAN ENOUGH AMMO, so I don't see how one honest posthumous interview by a grieving mother could 'make matters worse'. Like they wouldn't print trash anyway? And why waste time trying to get the media 'to see who he really was' - hello!! They don't want to see the truth, they're in the business of lies.

Please can we stop hating on the family, especially Katherine Jackson. She has not ever betrayed or hurt Michael. She has lost her son, and she loves him more than all the fans put together.

10,000% agree with you! Katherine isn't perfect. Michael isn't perfect. Katherine is Michael mother and she would never betray him.

I watched the interview. Katherine said some questionable things during this interview for sure. I don't think the interview should have ever happened, especially with the children. HOWEVER, some people's comments IN THIS THREAD made me think things that weren't true, and made me think Katherine said things she didn't.

Katherine DID say Michael had vitiligo and it made his skin spotted like a cow. She said it was still spotted underneath his clothes, but in exposed areas he had his skin evened out. She DID repeat over and over that she didn't know how he did that (which did make me cringe a little). I don't see anything wrong with what she said about his skin. She confirmed to the world that he had vitiligo and brought new information to the public/casual fans about him still having patchy skin under his clothes, further confirming his vitiligo.

Secondly and importantly..

Katherine DID say Michael died from an overdose of Propofol given by Murray. It was blindingly obvious she blamed Murray for Michael's death when Oprah asked 'what would you say to Murray' and she answered, in her answer she also mentioned that Murray left the room when he shouldn't have.

From some peoples posts here it's like Katherine said Michael killed himself with an overdose of pills. She did not say that. How some people have reacted makes it seem like she did.

You should watch for yourself, it's on youtube :)

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQXterI31WY

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTyleGeYx-I

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLc-kt8Cq6I

Thank you for sharing those links! i just finished watching it since i decided i should get a insight on what was said and how the children handled the interview and talking about their father. for starters when katherine was talking about Michael and was getting in to the drugs and everything eles all i could see was a grieving heartbroken mother who is still trying to get through everyday and raise her 3 grandchildren. she seemed to stand her ground about everything that was asked and didnt get in to things that were just too painful to talk about. i dont agree with doing the interview or talking to Oprah but i can understand why maybe she felt she needed to speak out. the kids however were just wonderful. Paris definetly did alot of the talking and the stories she shared where just so sweet. she broke my heart when she said that she misses everything about her father. i think that michael's children are turning out to be just as wonderful and beautifiul as him and they will surely follow in his footsteps and do just as many amazing things as Michael did through out his life.

Although she did not do it intentionally, Katherine aided in portraying a negative and false impression of her son, that maybe long lasting unless fans and the children when they are older do some heavy campaigns to rectify this. Anyone who does not agree only needs to look at the evidence posted in this thread from the media. Let us not be simplistic about the impact of the media on the so-called knowledge of people. If after looking at the evidence, people still believe that Katherine's statements and implications were overall OKfor Michael, then so be it.

Oprah Posts 600th Week As No.1 Talk Show & Hits Season High With The Jackson Kids

Oprah's highly publicized sitdown with Michael Jackson's parents and kids yesterday drew an 8.1 household rating, a season high for the talk show queen, now in the final season of her syndicated talk show. The episode, Oprah Talks To Michael Jackson’s Mother, Katherine, And Visits With His Children, was also Oprah's highest-rated episode in a year, since her interview with Sarah Palin last November. Oprah, of course, had a ratings smash with her 1993 Michael Jackson special.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/opr...-show-hits-season-high-with-the-jackson-kids/

Well that not surprising about the ratings probably almost ALL of US saw it....

Well that not surprising about the ratings probably almost ALL of US saw it....

Waits for the next person to march in here and read you the riot act on "how are ratings being calculated"...just to warn ya. :D

Of course we watched it one way or another, so that we all can beat a dead horse, no pun intended. In this case, a dysfunctional family.
Apparently Michael didn't feel like beating a dead horse, his will said that in amazing clarity. The wise woman knows, don't come between a man and his mother- just know your own boundaries.

Move on over to more urgent construction zones that could use some attention.

The man loved his mother. I can clearly see why it he must have have felt stuck between a rock and a hard place with his family. Difficult place to be. What do you guys want? The woman is over 80 and lost yet another son. No parent should have to bury their own child. Jumping all over an elderly woman is really looking funky.

I get the uproar over the comments and how things will taken out of context by the press and those who want to align Michael with their own preconceived notions of "freak and addict weirdo".
The problem is that you can't fix stupid. You can't. If nobody said anything, the media made it up.

Do you think 15 years down the line somebody is going to define him by 2 comments his grieving, elderly mother made on TV?
At least don't make it a self-fulfilling prophecy. It's like worrying first time parents worrying whether their kids take 2 or 3 months more of "sleeping through the night". Ain't gonna matter, it wont.

At least show some good will, Michael did.

I'm thrilled to see that Michael raised a beautiful, articulate girl, that will be a woman who's not afraid to use her brain. His children are already speaking for themselves in many aspects, that a whole lot more wonderful to see than worrying about the fact that Grandma didn't like the masks. She's entitled to her opinion, we all have one.

It's like this board. Arguing with certain people is just not healthy, you just do the thing you feel is right.

If Oprah thinks her audience is a bit stupid, well, historic evidence shows me it'll backfire, assuming the populus is stupid is always the little beginning to make entire empires fall.
Focusing on the true King helps, not eternal naysayers rattling the gates at the palace. 'Cause by the time that gate swings open, the naysayers are usually gone.

If Michael had focussed on every naysayer along the way, we wouldn't be here talking about him.

I'm more worried about District Attorneys who can retire after having wasted enormous amounts of resources on their own personal obsession and having successfully brought something to trial that was utter cr*p and a farce. There are still plenty of people living there who could be prosecuted in that manner.
That's more urgent than jumping over someone's dysfunctional family- we probably all could do plenty of that with our own families.

Last edited:

Well we all knew that Oprah wanted to interview the children to increase her ratings. I rather see this headline: Once More Michael Jackson Rescues Oprah's Ratings.

Hey I am not going to explain how ratings are calculated. It is already in the thread.

to me, Katherine threw Michael under a bus, and Oprah helped her.

michael had chronic pain in his skin, so, that is not the legal definition for addiction, otherwise a cancer patient on morphine would be considered an addict.

Addiction to drugs does not mean the person voluntarily got addicted. It just means that he is. If I recall correctly, he admitted himself to rehab in 1993 so, he was definitely addicted.

I know how the media is twisting the stories, they are treating his addiction akin to that of a REAL drug addict. That is just not true. But at the end of the day, MJ was, at least once in his life, addicted to painkillers.

Addiction to drugs does not mean the person voluntarily got addicted. It just means that he is. If I recall correctly, he admitted himself to rehab in 1993 so, he was definitely addicted.

I know how the media is twisting the stories, they are treating his addiction akin to that of a REAL drug addict. That is just not true. But at the end of the day, MJ was, at least once in his life, addicted to painkillers.

if we were talking about that one debatable moment in his life, then we might not be discussing all this. a judge said that in the anna nicole smith case, that she was in constant pain, so the judge said she was not addicted.

addiction comes when you stop being in -pain and you keep taking drugs anyway. perhaps, if we had the chance, we would ask Michael if he was in pain during that period, and if he knew what we know now, if he would rethink his statement. he never encountered the situation before, and he was recovering from the pepsi incident. there are people on this site who will tell you that they are in constant pain, and are considered legally not addicted to the fact that they must continue taking medication. they had posted so.

there really is a clear difference here. i do agree with your assessment of the media, though. and i don't believe the media has excuse. i am sure they encountered and probably have colleagues that have first hand experience in the legal differences.

and that was a short time in his life. so he can't be called an addict.

recreational, life long, pill poppin, no pain..that would be an addict.

well i might be the only person here who think like that, but i think the interview was good. i dont think that katherine put a bad light on michael, she didnt say he was a drug addictive, oprah didnt say that either. i think everything oprah asked was respectful towards michael. the answers of katherine were the honest answers of a loving and caring mother who was worried bout her child. to me it was heartbreaking at times. and i am not an oprah fan or whatever, but i liked the 1993 interview and i liked this interview...

katherine destroyed what was left of her sons reputation and legacy and good ole niave taj claimed im his tweets that his grandmother was gonna set the record straight. yeah she certianly did that.so not not only was he a druggie and thats why he died he was a druggie from the early 80's aswell. why is it that his own fmaily are so clueless about what happened to him. i guess they get all their news from the national enquirer. they have no clue about diprivan and what it is no clue about his insomnia.no clue about the autopsey. yet they make vague comments about addcition never stating any set dates,times drugs.knowing dam well that oprah and the rest of the world media will take it and run with it. everythings vague with them cause they dont have a clue and believe anything what good ole randy feeds them since he started selling crap to friedman in 06. the family are either severly lacking in the intelligence market or frankly do not care about mjs legacy through jealousy etc and have no real clue about what went on his life and are like the gen public who belive any old shit thats written about him. with a family like that who needs enemies. but i guess what matters most is whether some song is fake or not. not that what u are doing is handing murray his aquittal on a plate. what sort of family does that. i guess they never heard of the term if u have nothing nice to say than dont say anything at all. but they continue to crap on mj without a care in the world while everyday fans have to suffer something that u would expect from the likes of dimond and co not from his own family. yet they will all trudge off to court when they are the ones who have given murrays his best defence case. but i guess when murray is aquitted they can all go back to oprah and say well murray was a victim of the druggie just like we were. and on top of that we have comments about his surgery.which is a whole other issue. what sort of mother would do that.mj summed it up. "even my own mother doesnt believe me" but now mj will go down with elvis and the rest as druggie who killed himself because of his own families actions. and ppl wonder why he stayed away from them .everyone betrays u in the end

agree 100% with u elusive, it just makes me feel so empty to see how clueless/stupied/evil? the family is. u just loose the will to keep up the fight for his legacy when his own family acts like they are doing.....

Last edited:

well i might be the only person here who think like that, but i think the interview was good. i dont think that katherine put a bad light on michael, she didnt say he was a drug addictive, oprah didnt say that either. i think everything oprah asked was respectful towards michael. the answers of katherine were the honest answers of a loving and caring mother who was worried bout her child. to me it was heartbreaking at times. and i am not an oprah fan or whatever, but i liked the 1993 interview and i liked this interview...

You are not the only one. Some of us share your shrewd opinion.

yes i am totally hearbroken over what they have done to him. i couldnt not give a rats ass whether a song is fake or not when i see what is happeneing and what will continue to happen him. it would be so much easier if we were with mj and could escape this hell that his own "family" have created.

katherine destroyed what was left of her sons reputation and legacy and good ole niave taj claimed im his tweets that his grandmother was gonna set the record straight. yeah she certianly did that.so not not only was he a druggie and thats why he died he was a druggie from the early 80's aswell. why is it that his own fmaily are so clueless about what happened to him. i guess they get all their news from the national enquirer. they have no clue about diprivan and what it is no clue about his insomnia.

What??? Did you even watch the interview? Did you miss this part where she corrected Oprah:

Oprah said: 'When Michael died at the time we were hearing alleged drug overdose, were you shocked hearing it was drugs'

Katherine corrects her saying: 'No no I didn't hear it was drugs, I heard it was propofol, an overdose of propofol, you know its for when they put you to sleep'

Oprah
: 'its's an anesthetic'

Katherine :'it's an anesthetic, that's exactly what it is'.

Oprah
: 'were you aware he was taking prescription drugs for sleep and to feel more balanced'

Katherine: 'No. But remember when he was burnt in the head...'

and they go on to talk about that. She is talking about the past dependence on painkillers. Michael has had problems in the past that he admitted to.

Oprah talks about the trial and the pyjama incident asking if this was an indication of durgs, and Katherine corrected her about the whole incident - people watching Oprah will not have heard this explanation before.

Oprah
: 'what if anything would you say to dr conrad murray?'

Katherine: ' i've thought about this, i would say 'why didn't he take care of my child?' 'why did he leave the room, and all that?' 'and why did he give that to him, and its dangerous, why did you do it?'

Oprah:'do you think he murdered your son?'

Katherine
: 'I can't accuse him of murder, i don't know if it was accidently done, or if it was intentionally done. i don't wanna get into that.. i have my thoughts, but i don't wanna say..'

It was blindingly obvious from that interview that she blamed Murray for Michael's death.

Michael died from an overdose of Propofol given by Murray KATHERINE SAID THIS. She even said it was an anaesthetic, that Murray left the room when he shouldn't have, and sleep problems were mentioned.

Some of the things in the interview she really should not have said, but she was clear on why Michael died.

Some of you are completely ignoring that she even mentioned propofol.

Stop being melodramatic. If anyone goes anywhere and starts talking against MJ for something we have scientific proof for, they will get the same. It is not about putting MJ on a pedastal to the detriment of everyone else. It is about not putting everyone else on a pedastal to the detriment of MJ. This is his board.

Did everyone read TheChosenOne's post? If not go back and read it please. When are people going to finally put their foot down. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Fans know full well if someone else like Brooke or whoever got on TV saying some of these same things they would be in uproar. Oh, but a family member can say it and suddenly it becomes ok???

Where I am from, you are even more protective of a family member, not less. And, you would certainly protect them more after they have died. Who freaking goes on Tv and talks about their dead loved ones by pointing out his flaws to a person and world who has crucified him his whole life. Well, I think we have our answer on that. Yet, this is repeatedly excused by some fans. Ther was NO mention of his humanitarism of his many works for the benefit of others. But there was tiome to mention that book more than once. Katherine has known Mj 50 years. She has the ability to humanize him just as much as his children. But the family never seems to do this. At the end of their interviews, he comes off as even more of a freak. We have learned more about Mj as a human in 5 minutes from his children than we have in hours of interviews from his siblings and parents. Why is that? How is this setting the record straight?

Whatever, people can think as they choose. No one is saying Kath didn't love MJ. No one. No one is saying she was not deeply hurt by his death. She obviously was. She is still hurting. She will hurt forever. And I would not wish this on her or any of her family members. It is a pain that does not go away. It is hard. I also think Kath will make mistakes. Of course she will. But to excuse every mistake she makes undere the guise that she is his mother is unacceptable to me.

I agree she needs to take care of herself and her children and of MJ's legacy. Plkease cut ties with those around her who don't care anything about her or MJ or his children (even if it is other family members). She did NOT have to do this interview. It was her choice. As fans we are asking her to choose differently next time.

I didn't want to comment on this interview and I'm sorry I watched it. I agree with what you have posted. Mrs. Jackson certainly has a right to say anything about her son and she certainly can speak whenever she chooses. However, what purpose did this serve and what record was set straight? I will accept Mrs. Jackson's answers 100% as she stated then the question becomes, how did your son get to that point? When Oprah and Mrs. Jackson mentioned the children wearing veils and how they disagreed with this I kept thinking yeah it was different but certainly not comparable to a 5 year old child singing and dancing in bars during all hours of the night. Then when the discussion turned to Michael's children going to school I thought about a young MJ and did he deserve to go to school and have friends? Oprah never discussed the rumours that MJ solely financially supports his mom, even in death, and other relatives and if this could have caused him sadness/depression. She didn't touch upon sibling rivalry and the allegations of siblings stealing from Michael. She never asked Mrs. Jackson why she believed her son befriended and embraced other families. Basically, I'm saying that Oprah didn't bother to ask Mrs. Jackson what lead her son to become the man with an addiction to plastic surgery and prescription medications. Lupus wasn't mentioned at all. In fact, besides his children's comments, very little was discussed that described that son that she wept for. I believe MJ did the best he could under the circumstances he was given. He really couldn't be normal or average because normality stopped for him at 5 years old. From then until the day he died, he was viewed as a commodity to somebody. It comes as no surprise that he would have self esteem issues. When pointing out someone else's shortcomings, it's good for all parties to take accountability. All the blame was dumped on MJ. He didn't raise himself, or maybe he did. This is slightly off topic but I remember fans outrage at Sony for using an older image of MJ for the Michael cd cover. I should note that Mrs. Jackson's book contains images from that era as well so maybe it's a coincidence. Out of respect, I will not go further. I don't want my comments to be viewed as an attack. I just believe that it's never good to air these type of things in public because there is two sides to every story. MJ is gone now. In retrospect, is his nose really that important? I will continue to keep Michael's family in my prayers

yes i am totally hearbroken over what they have done to him. i couldnt not give a rats ass whether a song is fake or not when i see what is happeneing and what will continue to happen him. it would be so much easier if we were with mj and could escape this hell that his own "family" have created.

Thanks, Elusive. I feel your pain. . . .

My position on this is, that it was an interview that never should have happened, for many reasons. If Ms. Jackson was not prepared to defend her son like a mother lion, then she should have remained silent.

I realize she is elderly and may be unskilled at this type of publicity -- which is another reason why she should have kept silent. Most people don't REALIZE that an interviewee is NOT at the mercy of an interviewer. (and yes, I've done interviews.)At Oprah's first mention of drugs, Ms. Jackson could have said, "My son was NOT a drug addict and I will respond to no further questions about that." And then DON'T.

When asked about Murray, she could have said, "My son was murdered. There is a court case coming up, and that is all I can say at this time." The conversation could have been directed, by Ms. Jackson, to Michael's philanthropy, his excellence as a father, his perfectionism as a musician, and any other area that didn't involve: drugs, plastic surgery, and the two upcoming trials. She really COULD have done that, and if she didn't feel up to it, then decline the interview. Or, get a coach to prepare her with statements to avoid trashing her own son.

My primary objection is the inclusion of the children. Anyone who thinks Michael would have WANTED that, hasn't listened to him on the many occasions when he said his goal was to keep his children out of the public eye. True, Ms. Jackson has guardianship. She also should respect Michael's wishes, as a FATHER. Oprah was NOT Michael's "friend," and could be expected to be negative/hostile. Why expose the children to that, at ALL?
Ms. Jackson may have damaged her own civil case. Remains to be seen. In terms of Murray, she surely didn't do the prosecution any favors.

If you want to know the effects of the interview, just read some of the reporting about it, and their headlines of "DRUGS!" She threw her son under the bus, when she had the option of remaining absolutely quiet.

Last edited:

I just want to say the hatred toward michaels family here is beyond belief, my god.....

You can disagree with them and stay respectful but that seems to be too hard for some of you on here.
I pray to god his family-members do not visit this forum because the atosphere on here is SO SO sour....

I just want to say the hatred toward michaels family here is beyond belief, my god.....

You can disagree with them and stay respectful but that seems to be too hard for some of you on here.
I pray to god his family-members do not visit this forum because the atosphere on here is SO SO sour....

Hatred is NEVER healthy. You can be disappointed in what someone DOES, without hating the person. I certainly do not "hate" any member of the Jackson family, but yet, they are in the public eye and what I'm seeing is a lot of division within the family, especially since Michael's death. Even some of the siblings disagreed with Katherine giving the interview, and some have been vocal about the authenticity of the new release, so it's clear they are not on the same page. That is, of course, their business. And this is a discussion board devoted to Michael and his memory. ..

Hopefully, people will express opinions, but NOT hate????

I will maintain my position that giving this interview (to OPRAH!) was ill-advised, as to content, timing, and that the children were included, and that this interview happened at ALL, with someone who disrespects Michael, and with two major court cases coming up. But, to hate is toxic for the soul.

I didn't want to comment on this interview and I'm sorry I watched it. I agree with what you have posted. Mrs. Jackson certainly has a right to say anything about her son and she certainly can speak whenever she chooses. However, what purpose did this serve and what record was set straight? I will accept Mrs. Jackson's answers 100% as she stated then the question becomes, how did your son get to that point? When Oprah and Mrs. Jackson mentioned the children wearing veils and how they disagreed with this I kept thinking yeah it was different but certainly not comparable to a 5 year old child singing and dancing in bars during all hours of the night. Then when the discussion turned to Michael's children going to school I thought about a young MJ and did he deserve to go to school and have friends? Oprah never discussed the rumours that MJ solely financially supports his mom, even in death, and other relatives and if this could have caused him sadness/depression. She didn't touch upon sibling rivalry and the allegations of siblings stealing from Michael. She never asked Mrs. Jackson why she believed her son befriended and embraced other families. Basically, I'm saying that Oprah didn't bother to ask Mrs. Jackson what lead her son to become the man with an addiction to plastic surgery and prescription medications. Lupus wasn't mentioned at all. In fact, besides his children's comments, very little was discussed that described that son that she wept for. I believe MJ did the best he could under the circumstances he was given. He really couldn't be normal or average because normality stopped for him at 5 years old. From then until the day he died, he was viewed as a commodity to somebody. It comes as no surprise that he would have self esteem issues. When pointing out someone else's shortcomings, it's good for all parties to take accountability. All the blame was dumped on MJ. He didn't raise himself, or maybe he did. This is slightly off topic but I remember fans outrage at Sony for using an older image of MJ for the Michael cd cover. I should note that Mrs. Jackson's book contains images from that era as well so maybe it's a coincidence. Out of respect, I will not go further. I don't want my comments to be viewed as an attack. I just believe that it's never good to air these type of things in public because there is two sides to every story. MJ is gone now. In retrospect, is his nose really that important? I will continue to keep Michael's family in my prayers

Excellent post... You are so right.. MJ did not raise himself.. Katherine did that and she didn't like the veils on PP&B faces' but it was ok for her 5 year old son to perform in strip clubs to bring home the bacon? Katherine and Joe should take full responsibility for the issues that MJ had. If Katherine felt MJ was changing his face and had self-esteem issues why the hell didn't she take him to see a counselor? Over the years with all the allegations, lies and health issues, anyone could've went insane... Did his family believe MJ was just fine and could handle it all?? Janet talks about the cowboy she met years ago that helped her with her issues, did she recommend the cowboy to her brother who was obviously somewhat depressed and paranoid that someone was going to kill him?

I don't want to say too much either, but I have lost all respect for the Jackson family. They are the ones that allowed their son/brother fall by the wayside and did absolutely nothing to help him

Hatred is NEVER healthy. You can be disappointed in what someone DOES, without hating the person. I certainly do not "hate" any member of the Jackson family, but yet, they are in the public eye and what I'm seeing is a lot of division within the family, especially since Michael's death. Even some of the siblings disagreed with Katherine giving the interview, and some have been vocal about the authenticity of the new release, so it's clear they are not on the same page. That is, of course, their business. And this is a discussion board devoted to Michael and his memory. ..

Hopefully, people will express opinions, but NOT hate????

I will maintain my position that giving this interview (to OPRAH!) was ill-advised, as to content, timing, and that the children were included, and that this interview happened at ALL, with someone who disrespects Michael, and with two major court cases coming up. But, to hate is toxic for the soul.

True... I don't hate them, I've just lost all respect for them. I am sure Katherine's attorney was against this interview. Murray is about to go on trial for MJ's death and all his family can talk about is drugs and interventions. Do they want Murray to go free? I am very confused by their actions.

True... I don't hate them, I've just lost all respect for them. I am sure Katherine's attorney was against this interview. Murray is about to go on trial for MJ's death and all his family can talk about is drugs and interventions. Do they want Murray to go free? I am very confused by their actions.
In my opinion, Katherine Jackson takes advice from her counsel when she wants to.

When Adam Streisand came on board and advised her to drop the will challenge, she did.

And I'm sure that, IF HE EVEN KNEW, Mr. Streisand would have advised her to not go into business with Howard Mann, because of Mann's background and such a parthership "might" hurt the estate. He probably would have even advised her to take her coffee table book to one of the large publishing houses so that this book could be on bookstore shelves instead of being an "overpriced" online product.

I also have a feeling that her counsel would have advised her against doing any interviews, whether it be with Oprah or the man in the moon. In my opinion, it's standard practice that you not make any public statements while civil and CRIMINAL cases are pending.

I don't hate the Jackson's either, but I must admit that they have lost my support. I really expected to see more of the FAMILY UNITY that Jermaine is always talking bout.

Last edited:

Thanks, Elusive. I feel your pain. . . .

My position on this is, that it was an interview that never should have happened, for many reasons. If Ms. Jackson was not prepared to defend her son like a mother lion, then she should have remained silent.

I realize she is elderly and may be unskilled at this type of publicity -- which is another reason why she should have kept silent. Most people don't REALIZE that an interviewee is NOT at the mercy of an interviewer. (and yes, I've done interviews.)At Oprah's first mention of drugs, Ms. Jackson could have said, "My son was NOT a drug addict and I will respond to no further questions about that." And then DON'T.

When asked about Murray, she could have said, "My son was murdered. There is a court case coming up, and that is all I can say at this time." The conversation could have been directed, by Ms. Jackson, to Michael's philanthropy, his excellence as a father, his perfectionism as a musician, and any other area that didn't involve: drugs, plastic surgery, and the two upcoming trials. She really COULD have done that, and if she didn't feel up to it, then decline the interview. Or, get a coach to prepare her with statements to avoid trashing her own son.

My primary objection is the inclusion of the children. Anyone who thinks Michael would have WANTED that, hasn't listened to him on the many occasions when he said his goal was to keep his children out of the public eye. True, Ms. Jackson has guardianship. She also should respect Michael's wishes, as a FATHER. Oprah was NOT Michael's "friend," and could be expected to be negative/hostile. Why expose the children to that, at ALL?
Ms. Jackson may have damaged her own civil case. Remains to be seen. In terms of Murray, she surely didn't do the prosecution any favors.

If you want to know the effects of the interview, just read some of the reporting about it, and their headlines of "DRUGS!" She threw her son under the bus, when she had the option of remaining absolutely quiet.

I totally agree Autumn..

Mrs. Jackson should've declined the interview or at least focused on the good things MJ has accomplished. You don't throw your son under the bus on national tv and give his killer a defense and that's exactly what Katherine did in my opinion.

Mrs. Jackson should've declined the interview or at least focused on the good things MJ has accomplished. You don't throw your son under the bus on national tv and give his killer a defense and that's exactly what Katherine did in my opinion.

So much for Taj's tweet regarding "setting the record straight."

Winfrey brought up every TABLOID-like tidbit and Katherine Jackson was putty in her hand's.

I also feel bad for the cousins. Lurking in the background like decoration. And what about the mother of Jermaine & Randy's children, does she have to stay in her room when company comes over? LOL!

katherine destroyed what was left of her sons reputation and legacy and good ole niave taj claimed im his tweets that his grandmother was gonna set the record straight. yeah she certianly did that.so not not only was he a druggie and thats why he died he was a druggie from the early 80's aswell. why is it that his own fmaily are so clueless about what happened to him. i guess they get all their news from the national enquirer. they have no clue about diprivan and what it is no clue about his insomnia.no clue about the autopsey. yet they make vague comments about addcition never stating any set dates,times drugs.knowing dam well that oprah and the rest of the world media will take it and run with it. everythings vague with them cause they dont have a clue and believe anything what good ole randy feeds them since he started selling crap to friedman in 06. the family are either severly lacking in the intelligence market or frankly do not care about mjs legacy through jealousy etc and have no real clue about what went on his life and are like the gen public who belive any old shit thats written about him. with a family like that who needs enemies. but i guess what matters most is whether some song is fake or not. not that what u are doing is handing murray his aquittal on a plate. what sort of family does that. i guess they never heard of the term if u have nothing nice to say than dont say anything at all. but they continue to crap on mj without a care in the world while everyday fans have to suffer something that u would expect from the likes of dimond and co not from his own family. yet they will all trudge off to court when they are the ones who have given murrays his best defence case. but i guess when murray is aquitted they can all go back to oprah and say well murray was a victim of the druggie just like we were. and on top of that we have comments about his surgery.which is a whole other issue. what sort of mother would do that.mj summed it up. "even my own mother doesnt believe me" but now mj will go down with elvis and the rest as druggie who killed himself because of his own families actions. and ppl wonder why he stayed away from them .everyone betrays u in the end
Thank You Elusive.....I agree with every word.....it is all far to painful. It has all gotten to be too much for me to bare anymore. His own mama....:no:

I believe MJ did the best he could under the circumstances he was given. He really couldn't be normal or average because normality stopped for him at 5 years old.

Yep. You said it right there. He was as normal as the world let him be. So many things needed to be said that weren't said. Things that people don't know about. Michael had a good heart and he dedicated much of his adult life to enriching the lives of people and children. He gave so much to the world, and the world gave him crap in return. These things NEED to be said. Instead, we keep getting the same old regurgitated stories of drug addiction and plastic surgery.

I can understand Katherine naively thinking that by telling people how Michael was, at one point, addicted to medication and had issues with the way he looked that the public would ease up a little on him and understand that he was real and human and had faults like everyone else. It does humanise him in a way. I just don't think she gets that tabloids and media use this information to belittle her son and make him out to be a guy in a dump shooting up on heroin, and therefore, he killed himself and it's all his fault that he's dead, and if he really loved his children he wouldn't have done it, and the poor innocent doctor who got blamed for it should be let off the hook etc etc. I don't think the family understands that they are fuelling these stories. Not to mention how all these statements will effect the trial with Murray. If you've got the general public who believe he did to himself and it was bound to happen and Murray was simply the last man standing, how could we expect a jury, made up of members of that public, to put him in jail for it? When Murray's painting himself as the victim and Michael's family are also painting Murray as the victim, why would the jury not also think of him as a victim? Because right now the popular belief is that Murray was an innocent victim of a raging drug addict, and he shouldn't get the blame for it. And we all know that's not the case. Michael was a victim of a stupid, incompetent doctor. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. If he were given the very same drug by a qualified anaesthesiologist who actually gave a damn and ensured his patient was monitored and didn't do stupid things like leave the room and make 40 mins worth of phone calls before contacting the ambulance.. well, MJ would still be here with us today. That's the sad truth of it all.

Last edited:

Thank You Elusive.....I agree with every word.....it is all far to painful. It has all gotten to be too much for me to bare anymore. His own mama....:no:

yep.. far too painful is right..

Katherine knows what the media hate did to her son. Supposedly she used to get upset with late night talk show hosts like Jay Leno and Letterman for their MJ jokes. So now she mocks her own son with a nose comment.. It is just wrong on so many levels.. All she had to say is that MJ regretted some surgery with his nose etc.. that's it.. He had low self esteem issues and was called 'Big Nose' by Joe.. etc

She didn't do that.. she didn't mention Joe and his actions toward his son at all. Mike said years ago Joe used to tease him about his nose. Of course Katherine is once again defending Joe Jackson and throwing her dead son under the bus.

It literally makes me sick to my stomach what this family has done to MJ since his death.. I actually wouldn't be surprised if some of them are the ones that went to the tabloids and sold stories about MJ. I would put nothing past them at all

Back