UPDATE: Dancing W/ the Stars Thriller Tribute ~ Youtube video on pg.9

Let me make myself clear - I have nothing against ANY tribute for MJ or for Mj's classic masterpieces. However, if the tribute sucks, imo, then I am going to say so. It has nothing to do with whether I like or dislike Omarion. I happen to like Omarion.

Same here. You hit the nail with what you stated. I personallythought that Omarion can do better. He has done plenty of dancing in his solo videos and with the group B2K and he was awesome in his dancing. Compare his performance on DWTS to ALL of his videos on youtube and it is obvious that the performance on DWTS was the weakest that he has done so far. I am not expecting Omarion to do the best MJ moves ever, only Michael or anyone relating to him, imo, can do that. I am expecting O to bring his A game and to me, he did not. However, that does not erase the fact that 1. he is a better dancer that Chris Brown and 2. He dances a million times better than me.

True but what is the point of making this statement? It was never implied that MJ cannot outdance people on this thread.

It is really sad that in order to make a point people have to trash others point of view just to make themselves feel good. If that is not low, I have no clue what low is. The comment about MJ not singing live is an opinion. It does not erase MJ's achievements or makes MJ less talented than others. It shows, like everyone, MJ is human and has right to lysync once in their career.

I agree with most of what you stated on here, however, I just did not like Omarion's performance. He could have done way better. I like tha fact that millions of people saw his performance and were reminded of the greatness of Michael. I cannot get angry about that. I love the dancing and the respect. That is what I am going to take from that performance.

Let it go Bee. I don't even talk to you.

After reading the rules of the forum after being warned by a mod for an apparent infraction I have condensed all of my argument into a couple of paragraphs;

You state to me that.. "You seem to not be able to grasp the concept that one can appreciate the effort while still not being impressed by it."

In my personal opinion, if you mock the performance, you mock the artist, you mock their life's work and overall you mock the gesture of the tribute. Simple as that, you cannot appreciate the gesture of the tribute if you chose to dissect and criticize the performance the ways in which I have seen.

If you were to appreciate the gesture and effort of the point of the performance, you would simply constructively and politely voice what you thought could have been a better way of performing it in your opinion. This I believe would have been a better approach, instead of bashing the way they move, the way they sing and overall the way they performed the entire set. With others posting unfounded and disgustingly ill timed articles on Omarian being dropped from his record label, and stating that they aren't surprised, was a terrible display of immaturity and imperviousness.

Oh and in relation to me saying you were a guy, I couldn't tell, since as you pointed out in other posts; "I don't know you, how am I too, your just some name on a message board, nothing more, nothing less."

Well I'm confused. How exactly do you make a critic sound "nice"? I appreciate the gesture, I'm not impressed by the performance. You CAN be both simultaniously. Try and think about it. If someone gives you a silly gift, you aren't going to like it, but still you'll thank them for the thought.

I said he was sloppy, he was. How else can one say it more politely? His moves weren't very crisp, his moves weren't very sharp, his moves weren't very accurate. It all means the same thing, essentially. And I said he can't sing, which he can't, if one has any standards at all. Carrying a tune doesn't mean you "can sing", not well anyway. I can carry a tune, many people can.

And in relation to me pointing out I was a girl, that was meant in jest, thus the "lol". I thought it would be funny since you seemed so angry and frustrated with me.

Last edited:
Well I'm confused. How exactly do you make a critic sound "nice"? I appreciate the gesture, I'm not impressed by the performance. You CAN be both simultaniously. Try and think about it. If someone gives you a silly gift, you aren't going to like it, but still you'll thank them for the thought.

I said he was sloppy, he was. How else can one say it more politely? His moves weren't very crisp, his moves weren't very sharp, his moves weren't very accurate. It all means the same thing, essentially. And I said he can't sing, which he can't, if one has any standards at all. Carrying a tune doesn't mean you "can sing", not well anyway. I can carry a tune, many people can.

And in relation to me pointing out I was a girl, that was meant in jest, thus the "lol". I thought it would be funny since you seemed so angry and frustrated with me.

How can one appreciate the gesture of the performance whilst slandering every element of what they did. If comparing it to the gift scenario, (which was a good metaphor by the way), put it this way..Your Grandmother gets you a pair of rubbish underwear for Christmas, if you appreciate the gesture, you say thank you so much and you take them back to the shop. If you didn't appreciate the gesture, you would tell your Grandmother she has terrible taste and what was she thinking buying you 'Justin Timberlake Official Underwear'. You just wouldn't do it.

If you didn't like the performance, that is fair enough, but the reason I took it up to argue with you, was the way in which you have put Omarion down, with his lack of ability to sing etc, I think that is a matter of opinion not fact... Because, I quite like his voice to be honest, it isn't offensive to my ears, he puts together a decent tune, I don't want particularly want to hear people bashing his ability in the ways I have seen, its basically been harsh and not fair, as opposed to being harsh BUT fair.

I didn't get offended pointing by you out you were a girl, I was just saying why I wasn't to know otherwise.. madam :D

Last edited:
I agree with most of what you stated on here, however, I just did not like Omarion's performance. He could have done way better. I like tha fact that millions of people saw his performance and were reminded of the greatness of Michael. I cannot get angry about that. I love the dancing and the respect. That is what I am going to take from that performance.

That's exactly what I meant :yes:

Good post!

up with the positivity towards Mike! :D :dancin:

^^ You have extremely low and extremely high standard of taste. lol

^^ You have extremely low and extremely high standard of taste. lol

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean exactly. :unsure:

As I have said, regardless of mine or anyone's taste, I am taking from the performance that millions of people viewed a positive Michael jackson tribute and were reminded of his great music. :D

^^ ooops..sorry. i'm referring to the post above you. :)
yes, it's always good to see these artists paying tribute to Michael. :D

Right, so if it was aimed at me, what are my low and high standards of taste exactly? Funny how you select me to have a go at, when from reading your posts, I am actually defending you in relation to the performance being a good thing.

Last edited:
Let it go Bee. I don't even talk to you.

Nicole, you need to let it go. You take things too seriously.

was the way in which you have put Omarion down, with his lack of ability to sing etc, I think that is a matter of opinion not fact...

*clapping*

That's exactly what I meant

Good post!

up with the positivity towards Mike!

Thanks. I am always about the positivity. Opinions matter and people need to take what people say and respect it and the subject without trashing people to make a point.

wow big deal people didnt like the performance, move on!!!

You need to let it go Belinda. You always are quoting and coming at me with what in your mind you think are subtle attacks when I just totally ignore you all the time and don't even read your posts. I never even start anything with you, but you always find something negative in my posts and point it out when you KNOW you and I don't get along.

And Foxy, man, I already tried to explain this. I appreciate the gesture, but was simply voicing my opinion on why the performance in and of itself sucked. That is possible. The gesture is appreciated, but as this is a discussion forum, one is allowed to voice why they feel something is either good or bad. I gave the reasons for why I thought it was bad, and that's all there is to it. And why the need to keep saying "it's your opinion"? That's why I keep saying "I think". I know it's an opinion, based on general standards in each field.

Last edited:
I appreciate the gesture, but was simply voicing my opinion on why the performance in and of itself sucked. That is possible.

I respectfully disagree, I think that is an impossible and contradictory statement to make.

Try and picture you telling him what you are saying in a one on one scenario.. It doesn't work, hence it being impossible..

"Cheers Omarion, I really appreciate you doing that performance the other night, but you suck so bad, you cant sing and you cant dance.. Bye"

It is possible. I'm not talking to Omarion, and I wouldn't say he sucks to his face because that would come across as mean and I don't like to deal with people's feelings being hurt. But I could say to him, I appreciate the effort, but I didn't think your singing or your dancing was very good. You can find something unimpressive in and of itself, but still appreciate what it stood for.

If you're thinking the performance sucked, you're still thinking it, bottom line, and at the same time, you can still appreciate the effort. You don't have to actually like something to appreciate it. It's the thought that counts. If I don't say to Omarion that I thought he did a bad job of singing and dancing, but I'm thinking it, and then I say "Thank you", I can still mean the "Thank you" and at the same time still feel the performance was less then stellar.

Last edited:
So you are prepared to be 'mean' when there are zero consequences? But hypothetically, if it came to saying it to him, you wouldn't be as blunt and impervious? Sorry, but I do find that pusillanimous/yellow bellied if I may say so..

Well that's fine. I don't care if you think that. At least I can admit it. I don't like to hurt people's feelings. I'm actually super nice in person. When its just a discussion forum which Omarion doesn't have time to read, then it's cool to give one's opinion. But there are times when one should measure their own words.

However, I don't believe in outright lying to someone either. Like these AI contestents who think they can sing but can't even carry a tune. Someone told them they can sing, otherwise, how is it they think so. I wouldn't tell someone who has zero ability they can do something.

Last edited:
Wow, kudos for being nice in person, high five. :)

I just don't understand why you had/have to slander a professional singer/dancer, since they are living their dream and that is how they make a living. What if someone approached you, someone you didn't know, but someone who had been observing you do what you love, whether that be, creative or work related, and you were trying you very best.. and someone said that you suck at what you are doing, don't even bother trying, with no constructive criticism..?

I think it would kind of leave you disheartened.

Last edited:
That did actually happen to me once. lol. I actually agreed that my work sucked though, so, lol.

Anyway, I'm just stating that I thought the performance was no good. And it's precisely because Omarion is classified as professional that I think so. If he was just some kid in a talent contest I'd say, hey, that's pretty good, but because he's competeing on the level he is, held to high standards, I think he was no good, and I'm going to say so because I feel like it. I'm just outwardly voicing my thoughts. I don't consider it slander. I consider it artistic critisims. If I said Omarion is a total loser and I hate his personality, that would be slander. But just saying he can't sing, relatively speaking and saying his dancing is sloppy, that's just a critic of his work, not a slight against him as a person.

Some of you may disagree but I'm tired of the whole Thriller 25 thing. I like the fact that MJ is getting attention for good reasons but I think its time to put Thriller to rest and focus on the comeback

It's great that they did a Thriller tribute on Dancing With the Stars. Despite whether you thought it was good or not at least they were showing MJ respect and giving him props.

It's great that they did a Thriller tribute on Dancing With the Stars. Despite whether you thought it was good or not at least they were showing MJ respect and giving him props.

But do you not think they are over doing it with Thriller 25? I mean Invincible didn't even get this much promo :no:

You obviously didn't have your heart and soul in the work you were creating if you weren't taken back by the comment that person made.

And I am going to say that -
...the performance wasn't any where near as perfected nor sang as well as Michael would have done in his hay day. However, as I have been told to take a 'reality check' maybe some of the people putting the performance down should take one themselves and realize that in all probability Michael cannot move with that energy we saw from Omarian the other evening anymore? And so the best we are going to get in terms of performing classic songs with energy and passion will come from a younger generation of artists who are inspired by Michael just like we all are on this board!
Which is what I wrote in my initial post which YOU decided to take upon yourself to have a go at me about. I said it because I said it because I feel like it, and I am just voicing my thoughts. So if relate what you are talking about now in your posts, in comparison to your initial posts on the argument, you shouldn't have even taken issue with my initial post and this has all been a wonderful waste of time.

But do you not think they are over doing it with Thriller 25? I mean Invincible didn't even get this much promo :no:

As much as I would love for the new album to come out soon, I can't really complain about the attention that Thriller 25 has been receiving. Ok, I admit that I wish that the media would focus on his other work too since he has created music as good as and greater that Thriller but in all in all Thriller 25 is bringing positivity and that can only be a good thing. I'd rather they be singing the praises of Thriller 25 than scrutinizing every little detail of Michael's life and calling him this and that and the other.

Foxy, you took issue with me and others saying that we thought the performance sucked. I didn't take issue with you saying you thought the performance was good. I didn't start this. I simply said that the performance was no good, on my own, and you and a few others got all hot and bothered over it and started complaing about people complianing. But no one was complaining about others liking it, they were just stating how they viewed the performance.

What I got angry at you over was what I thought was a back handed insult at Michael, which factually would have been incorrect.

Last edited:
Come on guys, shall we just leave it because it just going round and round in circles. Some liked the performance and some didn't but what's important is that it was promoting Michael and acknowledging his influence and impact in a positive way and I think that is something we can all agree on and appreciate.

Okay Foxy...

Initial post, from me, not aimed at anybody specifically:

That's what I'm saying. It makes you realize how good Michael really is. It's easy to forget, until you see someone do his steps or sing his songs.

And immediately following, YOUR post, in response to me:

So no one should bother paying respect to Michael with decent enough tributes like Omarian's, because they cannot move with the precision he possesses?

You started the dialog between us. And I responded to another post of yours in which I thought you insulted Michael, which you say you didn't, and for which I believe you. You kept going on and on complaining about people critisizing the performance, and I responded to it, saying we had a right.

Last edited:
Actually, that wasn't. I responded to your inital post to me before, which you ignored. And then continued complaining about people critisizing the performance.

Last edited:
Back