UPDATE: Dancing W/ the Stars Thriller Tribute ~ Youtube video on pg.9

I don't usually watch this stuff but I can see why people love it. That was excellent. Thanks for the video.

Re: New Dancing With The Stars Info!

That's fantastic, thanks for posting this :).

Thanks so much for the video, I would have missed it otherwise.
They where really good and I love it when they use Michael's music...you just can't beat it.

I saw that last night and it was really good. Kristi and her partner killed it but Kristi was a little stiff in my opinion. However, it was really good. I am glad that I catched it.

That was great to see them perform to Working Day and Night, and Mark did do several Michael moves, kudos to him!

I'm actually rather surprised that Kristi would even be allowed to compete given her extensive figure skating history and wins over the last 2 decades. She obviously knows how to perform in front of huge audiences as well as have the dedication to learning and practicing that is required in competition. I don't believe she has performed/skated professionally for several years, but that sure didn't stop her from doing this.

Here's a list of Kristi's accomplishments and professional ice shows she's been involved in throughout the years. She was inducted into the Olympic Hall of Fame in 2006. Plus, she is actively involved in children's charitable work of her own, ie her Always Dream Foundation (www.alwaysdream.org).

Competitive History

Amateur

• 1st, Worlds '92 (Oakland, CA)
  • 1st, Olympics '92 (Albertville, Fra)
  • 1st, USA Nationals '92
  • 2nd, Skate America '91 (Oakland, CA)
  • 2nd, Trophy Lalique '91 (Albertville, Fra)
  • 1st, Worlds '91 (Munich, FRG)
  • 2nd, USA Nationals '91 (Minneapolis, MO)
  • 1st, Skate America '90
  • 1st, Nations Cup '90
  • 1st, Goodwill Games '90
  • 4th, Worlds '90 (Halifax, NS)
  • 5th, Worlds '90 (as pair with Rudy Galindo)
  • 2nd, USA Nationals '90
  • 1st, USA Nationals '90 (as pair with Rudy Galindo)
  • 6th, Worlds '89 (Paris, Fra)
  • 5th, Worlds '89 (as pair with Rudy Galindo)
  • 2nd, USA Nationals '89 (Baltimore, MD)
  • 1st, USA Nationals '89 (as pair with Rudy Galindo)
  • 1st, World Junior Championships '88 (Brisbane, Australia)
  • 1st, World Junior Championships '88 (as pair with Rudy Galindo)
  • Rudy Galindo 1st, World Junior Championships '87 (Kitchener, ON)
  • 4th, US Junior Nationals '86
  • 5th, World Junior Championships '85 (as pair with Rudy Galindo)
Professional

Exhibitions and Shows

www.skate.org/yamaguchi

(ok, sorry to go off topic here on a Michael Jackson based thread)

Last edited:

Last night they performed Workin' Day and Night! GO MICHAEL!!!

Both Kristi and Mark received a perfect score of 30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXtS_1a5quQ

051908-kristi-mark-freestyle.jpg

Last edited:

i didnt catch the whole dance but when i watched The View this morning they were talking about it and they showed the clip and i heard michaels song..i was pleasantly shocked...and then they showed the other dancing couple afterward, but they muted the music on that one lol :lol:

Carrie Ann the judge, was a dancer on Madonna's Girlie Show tour. She's the 1st person seen in the video of the concert after the clown. The bald girl at the beginning. She was also a Fly Girl on In Living Color, just like Jennifer Lopez

Kristi could'nt moonwalk to save her soul!:rofl:

And why don't they use the original song and not have it sung by someone else?....would cost more possibly?

ohh yeah she's the hot fly girl! i was wondering where i've seen that face. still looking fine.

It just goes to show you that Michael can never be forgotten because he is such a huge, loved legend. People love this guy no matter what he has been through. People still love him and that never siezes to amaze me.

Kristi could'nt moonwalk to save her soul!:rofl:

And why don't they use the original song and not have it sung by someone else?....would cost more possibly?

So true about her moonwalk. He did a pretty decent moonwalk though, and then even threw in a leg kick and a tippy toe pause.

As far as the oringal song, well they have their house band that performs all the songs used on the show.

Last edited:

Thank god she won.

Has anyone notices that when ever someone performs MJ songs they always invariable do an MJ mannerism with it? They even dress like him. It is absolutely amazing to watch, I don't know if that hapenes with oher artists.

she ie best,and MJ IS BEST!!!!

Thank You !!! Lol!!

Last edited by a moderator:
would it b possible to have a little more shortness with one another ... is that possible ?? I think as a community, there is far too much understanding and patience with each other. I mean how tolerant of other people's opinions and thoughts can you display ?? Let's have some intolerance ... a little more snip snappity, rude remarks and even more trite comebacks in response. What is with all the manners people are displaying lately.

**end sarcasm**

as i would tell my daughter ... "Lose the 'tude"

Now everyone, in the spirit of my TEENAGE daughter, everyone all at once ... roll your eyes at me :rolleyes:

Don't you roll your eyes at me young lady !!

Be nicer to one another damn it :mat:

Back