UPDATE - page 1/13/14 - TV Alert: True Crime with Aphrodite Jones - Tune In (All threads Merged!)

A quite good doc, but I´d expect far more factual documentary especially because of Aphrodite Jones.
I do think it was a bit one-sided with missing evidence and presented facts, because everything in the doc we have known..., I expected something really new..., I was surprised that T_mez didnt mention the insurance company settlement as the reason why MJ settled the 1993 case, but OK...

We fans knew, but there are people who don't know anything about this.

Reactions: PCR
you are right..., but its needed to present straight facts and evidence, not only speak about MJs greatness, cos it looks like one-sided fan made doc...

Yeah he was. Klein IMO resented Michael big time and was talking about Michael behind his back for years. And now that Michael is gone he can say it in public. Let him this is going to do nothing but kill his career even more

I said the same thing earlier. These are all the unnamed sources that had backstabbed MJ in the press, from his own family to loser klein, finally surfacing in broad daylight. No one will convince me that Klein, Karen Fake or Randy Jackson never called the press on Michael. He was surrounded by wolves..and that frustrate me beyond words.

you are right..., but its needed to present straight facts and evidence, not only speak about MJs greatness, cos it looks like one-sided fan made doc...

Oh no...If true...She will lose her credibility with fluff like this. And she needs to keep a good reputation to offset all the evil against MJ

I'm absolutely agree with you. Many people don`t know nothing. Film is not only legal for the fans. Let the world know how was destroyed one of the brightest persons of our time.

And Thank u DI.
Now I`m so sad too :no:
Frame with the lonely fedora in part 6 was shaking ...:cry:

I was disappointed in this program.

When I watched the preview clips online, I got the impression that we were going to see an in-depth look at the trial and the shady workings of the media and Sneddon. I thought we were going to hear about the police interview with Gavin Arvizo and how he was encouraged to talk about "what Michael did to him." I thought we were going to hear about the book deals that were offered to several jurors to change their story and say that Michael was actually guilty. I thought we were going to hear more about the deals that the media had made to document Michael's incarceration had he been found guilty.

I felt that the actual documentary was rather generalized and glossed over some important facts that would have made a more convincing argument for Michael. I thought that the introduction of the program starting with his death was unnecessary and I don't exactly agree with Aphrodite Jones that the trial was behind his death. Of course, I can't claim to know what was going on in his head after the trial, but I think her assertion takes the focus off of the real cause of his death.

There were also some incorrect statements, like saying that Michael paid the settlement when it was really his insurance company, Mesereau stating that Michael hurt his back while taking a walk through Neverland (although that really doesn't matter for the documentary). And the whole thing came across to me as a little low-budget.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that there is a pro-Michael piece on television now. But after hearing all the praise about her book and seeing the clips online, I expected more from the documentary than I saw. I think "The Untold Story of Neverland" was much better and more convincing than this. I wish that had aired on television.

I was disappointed in this program.

When I watched the preview clips online, I got the impression that we were going to see an in-depth look at the trial and the shady workings of the media and Sneddon.

11+ years is a lot of time to pack into an one hour show. I think that her whole theme was to show how the media contributed to this man's death rather than it just being himself. She portrayed him as the unfortunate victim of greedy people rather than some mastermind behind his own demise. I'm not saying it's perfect, but I think she did a good job of trying to make him seem human rather than some monster or caricature as many try to paint him as to be.

This is great entry-level info for anyone who was not familiar with the entire story and if they are interested, they can go look up more info and even buy her book.

I'm absolutely agree with you. Many people don`t know nothing. Film is not only legal for the fans. Let the world know how was destroyed one of the brightest persons of our time.

This is great entry-level info for anyone who was not familiar with the entire story and if they are interested, they can go look up more info and even buy her book.

I totally agree with your comments. Yes, we as fans, might be more educated about this, but the common guy and, sadly, some fans, really don't have all the information we have. Yes, it is our responsability to find out for ourselves, to think for ourselves and not letting media to shape our minds, I totally agree on that too, but c'mon!! Someone has to make a stand and so this can hopefully make others to think more about this issue, to find out, to learn.

Michael was under attack for so many years, friends!! We just can't expect all to be done well and perfect in a one-hour doc. Yes, sure: "The untold story..." has many more facts, but thing is that is not on TV... not yet. Who can tell if this doc now can have more people to get interested and ask for more real facts? I hope so!!!

So, with all your due respect, admiting this was not perfect, admiting several key facts were left out, that most of us knew all this and far more... let's give it a chance!!!! I mean... sorry, but if we react to sad and etc. about this... who will care about making any other things to reveal the truth? :no:

I do not say this was THE ultimate doc, THE masterpiece, THE one to clean MJ's name once and for all... but I do say it's a good step and I support this efforts in hope more and better will come. Let's hope so. And also, friends... remember all the studid lies media spread yesterday about MJ just to make this doc dissapear... let us make a difference and share this. Most people really DON'T know a word about this!! :doh:

I got sad watching this. :cry:
I just can't understand why they did this to him... to anyone!!
I have already cried :weeping: :weeping:

I agree this program was light on the facts but it's also true that the goal was to show the toll that all of these false allegations and the witch hunt took on Michael and ultimately it all contributed to his death. At the very least, it may have broken his spirit. Like one of the guest speakers on the program said, I try to put myself in his shoes and empathize with what he went through. To be accused of such horrible things and to have to live with that for the rest of your days - reglardless of being proven not guilty in a court of law (which to my frustration and observation some people in this country choose to ignore). No wonder the guy couldn't sleep.

Edit: I hope AJ gets to do her two hour special. That should cover all the facts more in depth.

I agree this program was light on the facts but it's also true that the goal was to show the toll that all of these false allegations and the witch hunt took on Michael and ultimately it all contributed to his death. At the very least, it may have broken his spirit. Like one of the guest speakers on the program said, I try to put myself in his shoes and empathize with what he went through. To be accused of such horrible things and to have to live with that for the rest of your days - reglardless of being proven not guilty in a court of law (which to my frustration and observation some people in this country choose to ignore). No wonder the guy couldn't sleep.

Edit: I hope AJ gets to do her two hour special. That should cover all the facts more in depth.

:no:
so sad...

Re: TV Alert: True Crime with Aphrodite Jones - Tune In: Thursday, April 29 (All threads Merged!)

Thank you for posting these links.
Does anyone know if this program will be available for purchase
on a CD?

The last few years of Michael's life are just so sad it makes my heart break for him all over again. We never stopped supporting him, never once waving. He was treated so appalingly and now all these people saying how much they loved him now makes me sick. Where were they went he spent nights worrying about what was happening to him? Where were they when they tried taking his kids away? Where were they when he was going to hell and back? No where, they wanted nothing to do with it. Michael needed all the support he could get and people turned their backs.

Hi

I completely agree with Suzynye and I also this is one of the steps that will lead to reveling the truth;the process will be long and at the end must finished positive for the Michael; and you know what I will stop buying newspaper ( in my county ) which publish a lie about Michael and let them know about that and also I will let them know that I suspect in accuracy of the other texts in their paper and spread to other people all round me. When they start to receive less money I hope that they will stop writing lies about Michael and other things.

Re: TV Alert: True Crime with Aphrodite Jones - today

Episode Guide
Episodes : True Crime : Investigation Discovery

Scott Peterson
Tune In: Thursday, March 11 at 10PM e/p
Laci Peterson and her unborn child are found floating in the San Francisco Bay. Her husband Scott is convicted of killing her. But crime writer Aphrodite Jones finds there is much more to this story than what is in the headlines.

O.J. Simpson
Tune In: Thursday, March 18 at 10PM e/p
The Las Vegas kidnapping case that put former football great O.J. Simpson in jail was one of many highly publicized Simpson cases with a singular theme – rage. Crime Writer Aphrodite Jones uncovers new information about the fall of an icon.

The Staircase Killer
Tune In: Thursday, March 25 at 10PM e/p
The wife of a novelist turns up dead at the bottom of a staircase and her husband is convicted of the killing her. But did he? Crime writer Aphrodite Jones goes behind prison walls to confront Michael Peterson to find out if he killed his wife.

Phil Spector
Tune In: Thursday, April 1 at 10PM e/p
An actress turns up dead at the home of Phil Spector and the music legend is charged with murder. Crime writer Aphrodite Jones uncovers videotape that Spector hoped would clear his name, but instead is a damning self-portrait.

Zodiac Killer
Tune In: Thursday, April 8 at 10PM e/p
He is the most notorious serial killer in California history — the Zodiac. For forty years his identify has remained unknown. Now crime writer Aphrodite Jones follows his bloody trail to try to find the killer’s true identify.

Dog Mauling
Tune In: Thursday, April 15 at 10PM e/p
Two vicious dogs savagely kill a 33-year-old woman in a San Francisco apartment building. As crime writer Aphrodite Jones follows this bizarre story, she uncovers a world of prison gangs and animal cruelty that led to murder.

The Menendez Brothers
Tune In: Thursday, April 22 at 10PM e/p
Two brothers murder their wealthy parents. Authorities say it was for money. The brothers say it was out of fear. Now, crime writer Aphrodite Jones talks with some who know the story — and believe what the Menendez brothers say may be true.

Michael Jackson
Tune In: Thursday, April 29 at 10Pm e/p
He was one of the world's greatest entertainers. But for the past twenty years Michael Jackson was haunted by allegations of child abuse. Crime writer Aphrodite Jones sets out to prove those charges were as responsible for his early death as drugs.
I agree with that last sentence.

I Jordan Chandler and the 2003 idoits pay for this one day.

I hear ya, that Jordan Chandler should rot in jail. BTW, I just started watching True Crime right now.

Michael paid so much for all his success, he paid for all his fame and celebrity, so much God tested him so much one one side he was gifted with all the incredible talent and material wealth on another he was prosecuted and persecuted like no one else in history.
I pray that he is in a better place safe and happy b/c he truly deserves some rest now.

off topic, but -

Now why doesn't the family sue for slander? If celebrities would sue the slanderous medialoids relentlessly, maybe the lies would stop.

I wondered why Michael never did this. He only did once against The Mirror over a close up pic of his face while singing Jam on Dangerous Tour.

Winning a libel/defamation suit isn't easy, unfortunately. You have to prove that the newspaper/magazine/whoever knowingly printed something untrue with the intent to harm your reputation. Arnie Klein is backing this guy's story up, right? So if the estate were to take the people that published this to court for defamation (which I'm not even sure you can do if the subject matter is someone deceased, I don't think the law still protects you in that way when you're gone), they'd have to somehow provide evidence that ExtraTV knew that this story was not true, yet chose to run with it anyway knowing full-well that it could be damaging to Michael in some way. Then all ExtraTV have to do is show up, say 'he approached us with his story, Klein confirmed it, we thought it was true so we aired it' and basically you have no case against them. It's just back and forth he-said-she-said resulting in not much other than massive lawyer fees.
It's too difficult to prove for instance, that The Sun deliberately published a fake autopsy report with the intent to stir up crap and sell rags rather than to 'inform'. I only know of the one time that Michael successfully sued a newspaper, what Dangerous Incorporated was talking about with the whole picture ordeal. They admitted they used distorted and unfair/unflattering pictures of MJ in order to exaggerate how many plastic surgery procedures he'd undergone, but most newspapers aren't dumb enough to admit they're printing crap... that was a one-off. You might not get them to stop writing this stuff if you sued them nonstop, but it might make them think twice if they were constantly being summoned to court.

Hmm, I was a little disappointed actually. It didnt really tell anybody anything new or anything that even the media didnt already know. And I thought there was a few points that were left out that really should have been added. Yes it did come across a little one sided. BTW Pearl Jr on this doco believes in the hoax ;)

But Im glad there was a positive doco about MJ and it was put together nicely. Perhaps Jones had a more to say in the 2hr version she wanted to air.

But it does show that most ppl that entered MJs life had an agenda. They tried to get him in 93, they tried to get him in 05 and they finally got him in 09.

I agree. A little disappointing IMO. So many missed opportunities to insert a few more tid-bits that would've made more of an impact.

Like T-Mez talking about MJ settling the 93 case because of his advisers but doesn't mention Michael wanted to go to court and fight BUT in the end the insurance company made the final decision to pay off.

Chandler inviting MJ over and making him sleep in the same bed with Jordy and saying they were cuddling. But AJ doesn't emphasize that this was part of the plot to get his money and he was caught on tape talking about it.

Etc etc.

Re: TV Alert: True Crime with Aphrodite Jones - Tune In: Thursday, April 29 (All threads Merged!)

Thank you for posting these links.
Does anyone know if this program will be available for purchase
on a CD?

this was a great docummentary, thanks for the links ;)

Hmm, I was a little disappointed actually. It didnt really tell anybody anything new or anything that even the media didnt already know. And I thought there was a few points that were left out that really should have been added. Yes it did come across a little one sided. BTW Pearl Jr on this doco believes in the hoax ;)

But Im glad there was a positive doco about MJ and it was put together nicely. Perhaps Jones had a more to say in the 2hr version she wanted to air.

But it does show that most ppl that entered MJs life had an agenda. They tried to get him in 93, they tried to get him in 05 and they finally got him in 09.

what i bolded, are the key words. it doesn't matter what else Ms. Jones presents. the media already knows the truth, but they won't accept it. the nature of wanting to hold onto a belief, takes over, here. hard heartedness, takes over. so Aphrodite did as good as she could. so thanks TMez, Pearl Jr. and Aphrodite, and others in the doc that support MJ.

there was enough evidence in that doc to convince anyone with a brain, that MJ is innocent, and was taken advantage of, by evil people. those who don't believe it, are the kind you wouldn't want to meet, if you have money in your pocket, or if you are alone, in a dark alley.

Last edited:
There may have been missed opportunities, but it is a start. Hopefully more people will speak up adn call people out. Yes, I want people called out. It was interesting that TMez said that some professed love for MJ after his death but did not want anything to do with him during the trial. I know TMez is too classy to do this, but I really would not be angry if he said, "Like so and so."

But anyway, why does she keep saying the autopsy report said he had bedsores. I cannot find this anywhere. This kind of thing needs to be checked and rechecked so as not to give ammunition to detractors who are just looking for something to pick on.

I'ts a shame we have to settle for a "If it's positive about MJ, I'll settle for what I can get" even though that is the reality. I was hoping the show would be a little more aggressive. That it would come off real hard.

But oh well. Let's hope she can get more time o go further in depth. And we can continue to supply information as well about what needs to be said. She seems very receptive to the fans. Let's hope we can start to see a turn around. (I know it's a slim shot but hope springs eternal).

11+ years is a lot of time to pack into an one hour show. I think that her whole theme was to show how the media contributed to this man's death rather than it just being himself. She portrayed him as the unfortunate victim of greedy people rather than some mastermind behind his own demise. I'm not saying it's perfect, but I think she did a good job of trying to make him seem human rather than some monster or caricature as many try to paint him as to be.

I totally agree with your comments. Yes, we as fans, might be more educated about this, but the common guy and, sadly, some fans, really don't have all the information we have.

This is true. The only thing is, I wonder how many non-fans saw it last night? Or will watch it in the future?

I just can't understand why they did this to him... to anyone!!
I have already cried :weeping: :weeping:

:hug:

The last few years of Michael's life are just so sad it makes my heart break for him all over again. We never stopped supporting him, never once waving. He was treated so appalingly and now all these people saying how much they loved him now makes me sick. Where were they went he spent nights worrying about what was happening to him? Where were they when they tried taking his kids away? Where were they when he was going to hell and back? No where, they wanted nothing to do with it. Michael needed all the support he could get and people turned their backs.

It was interesting that TMez said that some professed love for MJ after his death but did not want anything to do with him during the trial. I know TMez is too classy to do this, but I really would not be angry if he said, "Like so and so."

I wouldn't blame him for doing it either. In fact, I wish he had.

I agree. A little disappointing IMO. So many missed opportunities to insert a few more tid-bits that would've made more of an impact.

Like T-Mez talking about MJ settling the 93 case because of his advisers but doesn't mention Michael wanted to go to court and fight BUT in the end the insurance company made the final decision to pay off.

Chandler inviting MJ over and making him sleep in the same bed with Jordy and saying they were cuddling. But AJ doesn't emphasize that this was part of the plot to get his money and he was caught on tape talking about it.

Yes, it was these kinds of omissions that were bothering me.

But anyway, why does she keep saying the autopsy report said he had bedsores. I cannot find this anywhere. This kind of thing needs to be checked and rechecked so as not to give ammunition to detractors who are just looking for something to pick on.

I didn't understand this either. I do not remember reading one thing about bedsores in the report. Apparently they can leave scars, but I don't know much about them other than that.

the thing that sticks out to me most, in the Aphrodite Jones doc, is what TMez said, concerning the lwmj 'doc'. it provoked people to say to themselves 'why work, when we can sue Michael Jackson?'.

and that is the state of things, today. TMez knows what's up, just as Michael knew.

So, please someone clarify about the famous "pajama" court day...what really happened? I forget what I have read in the past. Was it as T-Mez explained last night, that MJ hurt his back walking at Neverland that morning or was it the other one I've heard - that MJ fell in the shower. Or am I confusing seperate incidents? And why would T-Mez give the wrong account? I'm just a little confused (which is normal, heh).

So, please someone clarify about the famous "pajama" court day...what really happened? I forget what I have read in the past. Was it as T-Mez explained last night, that MJ hurt his back walking at Neverland that morning or was it the other one I've heard - that MJ fell in the shower. Or am I confusing seperate incidents? And why would T-Mez give the wrong account? I'm just a little confused (which is normal, heh).

On an interview on Jesse Jackson's radio show, Michael said that he hurt himself when he slipped getting out of the shower. I don't know what the "walking at Neverland" story is about.

Back