Final verdict

• AEG liable

Votes: 78 48.4%
  • AEG not liable

Votes: 83 51.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katherine has gotting the true out of this trial of what has happen to her son now it is time to let it go it is time to stop right here. If their don't do it for themselves do it for Michael's kids let them move on and live their life.

Katherine needs to take a holiday with Prince, Paris and Blanket away from this madness. If she keeps up with this nonsense, she'll make another mistake like she did with Paris. She wasn't paying any attention what was going on with her and how much she was suffering. She tried to take her life and she didn't see it. What more she wants? Is she going to stop before all Michael's kids are in faculty for troubled teens or what is the final straw?

Jacksons already have an active appeal about the summary judgment. they filed it in April before the trial started.

edited to add

Here's the link to the appeal of summary judgment : http://appellatecases.courtinfo.ca....reen.cfm?dist=2&doc_id=2044484&doc_no=B248420

Jacksons first asked for a stay and when it was denied they asked for an extension. I would assume that they are indeed evaluating the situation to decide what to do.

Thanks, Ivy. I thought the summary judgment was already denied...So, can they use this earlier appeal as grounds for the trial appeal?

Last edited:
I thought the summary judgment was already denied?

AEG had an emergency appeal about summary judgment and their appeal was denied. Jacksons also filed a regular appeal about summary judgment and it hasn't even started yet - meaning no document have been filed. I'm not sure if Jacksons appeal was about the dismissing of the claims or dismissing of AEG Inc and Leiweke and such but regardless there's one active but not yet started appeal by Jacksons. They also have 60 days to file any appeal about the verdict.

The trial proved one thing for me. Just drop the Live from AEG Live and you truly know who Katherine, Jermaine and Randy Jackson are after, Phillip Anschutz, owner of the Company, AEG, a billionaire!

Anschutz%2520Photo%2520small.jpg

incorrect. members here understood the verdict because they intially thought the jury could ONLY answer question 2 at the time murray was hired (post may 1). i believe you were one of those

Nope. I've never referred to a specific time in any of my postings.
You still have not understood the terms "unfit" and "incompetent", have you? It doesn't matter that he killed him. The moment he's losing his technical knowledge (then becoming "unfit") or getting expelled from the medical board (then becoming "incompetent"), then you could answer question 2 with "yes". That wasn't the case until the day MJ had to die (none of his licenses was suspended) because that careless doctor let him alone, unmonitored. I can understand how you feel, but that didn't make Murray "unfit" or "incompetent", sorry.

Last edited:
The trial proved one thing for me. Just drop the Live from AEG Live and you truly know who Katherine, Jermaine and Randy Jackson are after, Phillip Anschutz, owner of the Company, AEG, a billionaire!

No they are after plain old money, no matter whose pockets its coming from. AEG nor its owner wasn't going to pay a penny, insurance would have paid.

So true. I have to add that I live in the same part of the world as Phillip Anschutz and he has a stellar reputation in the community. He's considered one of the "good guys" in business and philanthropy locally.

Late edit: I do NOT know Philip Anschutz nor have I done business with him or AEG Live, the Estate, Sony, etc.

Last edited:
Allusio;3915729 said:
Most of us are in the fighting mode since 1993. I don’t know how to explain it, but we all love Michael and what you’ve learned about Him just now, was well known to us since always. You took part in one Trial but we’ve just got ourselves together after Murray’s Trial. You’ve sad a lot of good things about Michael, but would you know anything if not the Trial? I think, NO.
That is “injustice” that breaks our hearts and what we try to change EVERYDAY.
We want people to understand Him better, to appreciate His heart, talent and of course His message.
A lot of best things about Him are ridiculed beyond recognition.
With all lies and hate around we are emotionally exhausted and I’m afraid overprotective to the Man we admire and call to protect. And the fact that we lost Him doesn’t make it easier.
Of course we are angry at AEG, the Jacksons ... It is hard to find peace.
As someone has said here we are community in pain.

I would like to thank you Juror #27 for your answers and patience with us.

I really hope you’ll stay here and will be a part of MJFam !!!

I also want to apologize for some of us being rude.

So I deeply apologize if this forum is not always going to be a comfortable place.
I just want to say that I thought this was beautifully written, and if my heart could speak, this is what it would say. I have been teased,ridiculed and argued with about Michael probably from the time BAD was coming out-people have accused me of being blind to "common sense and fact" even though I have pointed out that they are the ones blinded by the out of control media spin.
I have of course (although tried not to) seen the inane media coverage of both him and his "fans" and all the craziness around it. But I thank God that each and every time something has gone to trial-the AEG case, the Murray trial, the Arvizo trial, even the Grand Juries in 93-common sense and fact has actually prevailed-and the verdicts have not been tainted by any crazy misconceptions.
I would also like to thank Juror 27 and admire him/her for coming to this forum.

I, too, would like to thank and commend Juror#27 for coming here and taking the time to explain the thinking behind the verdict. I hope he (he?) remains among us! I was pleased to see how seriously the jurors took their service in this trial. I also realize that this can be a difficult group at times! and I commend his patience in sticking with it. I think this is a rare opportunity for us, and quite a gift!

You got that right.

Message to our members about the attacks on staff and MJJC.

There have been implications by some members here and attacks outside the board stating that Ivy is impersonating Juror #27 on our board. We also banned someone trying to join the board as Ivy #27. This vicious lie is a direct attack on MJJC and our integrity. There is no way MJJC would allow one of our staff to impersonate anyone on this board let alone a Juror. The claims are ridiculous and mean spirited toward our staff and the integrity of our board.

We checked Juror #27 IPs # which comes from So. California and publicly posted the credentials of Juror#27 for our members convenience to make up their own minds if they were legit or not. We allow and protect all members here to post their views and opinions on various topics regardless of their view. But we will not tolerate any member(s) here suggesting/implying in their posts that we would stoop to such despicable measures. We also will not tolerate the personal attacks and insults that have been going on toward our members.

We have been under constant ridicule and attacks from certain factions in the fan base for the last 4 years. First we are Sony plants, then Estate plants, then AEG plants and now this. Anyone who is implying or promoting these vicious lies and rumors is attacking MJJC and the board integrity. We have worked very hard over the years to build this community to honor Michael Jackson and serve the fans and we are not going to allow anyone to destroy that.

Please note we will take any actions deemed necessary to protect our members and MJJCommunity.

**** Also please do not turn this thread into a Jackson bashing thread or Jackson 101 for Juror #27. As stated yesterday if he wants to discuss those issues he is free to go the the 2300 forum and join in. So please keep discussions in here about the Jackson's related to the trial.

No they are after plain old money, no matter whose pockets its coming from. AEG nor its owner wasn't going to pay a penny, insurance would have paid.

I understand what you are saying, but completely disagree. Just like with Conrad Murray, the Jackson's would have scooted around the insurance and gone after Phillip Anschutz. Like at how ridiculous this said money fiasco has escalated.

I really hope one day we can get over this and take a look in the mirror and make that change.

L.O.V.E.

Oh, the irony. Take a look at TMZ's current headline which is related to the trial plus recent activity by the family. Considering admin's note I'm not sure whether the trial-related aspect can be posted here.
The irony is killing me, bahahaha.

Apologies, where in my post did I say it was ethical?

I noticed.

No need to believe me, I did not state it. I repeated testimony.

**Still he was fit and competent.**

Seems you skip the last sentence in that paragraph.

You formed an opinion of Katherine in your response to Elusive Moonwalker which was before Morinen's post. What Morinen quoted was not trial testimony; that quote was pre-trial.

"Still he was fit and competent."

I think if it hasn't yet happened, this "meeting with the jurors" is a sad ploy by Panish et al. Why would the jurors even agree to do it when they have rendered a "unanimous" decision and this meeting request is primarily about using them to glean information to challenge their verdict.

Appeals are based on correcting legal error that was prejudicial during the trial. No evidence is even presented and the appeal is decided by a panel of three judges (Source:californiaappeals.com) For Panish to keep floating this ludicrous idea that an appeal is about "gathering more information" and "finding the truth" belies the obvious motivation: it's STILL about the money.

I hope the jurors decline any future invitations to meet with Katherine's legal team and refuse to be used as pawns in this Jackson money game. And, I'd hoped Katherine would give up this pitiful attempt to extort money from a corporation that did nothing wrong. The man who killed her son was convicted, AEG isn't negligent, and it's time to move on and live out the rest of her days with dignity and honor her late son.

:agree:Indeed!
What else can there be said and revealed? :scratch:

Its about time she moves on to stage 5 "Acceptance" and give her late son a place in her heart if she has any dignity left or is it all consumed by grief and greed :smilerolleyes: ?

I understand what you are saying, but completely disagree. Just like with Conrad Murray, the Jackson's would have scooted around the insurance and gone after Phillip Anschutz. Like at how ridiculous this said money fiasco has escalated.

If KJ had taken restitution, CM's insurance wouldn't have paid for it? It would have come off directly out of his pocket, or do you mean if Jackson's had sued CM for malpractice, then his insurance would have paid?

No, Katherine Jackson didn't bother going after Conrad Murray, she had her sights on AEG Live. So Katherine went around that issue. I believe that Katherine would have gone around the insurance company that would have paid out if AEG Live was held responsible, because in believe her real sights are on bankrupting Phillip Anschutz through a lawsuit. He is the one with the deep pockets. Not AEG Live, not the Insurance Company of AEG Live, not Conrad Murray. The deep pockets of Phillip Anschutz that Katherine, Jermaine and Randy Jackson have their sights on. No restitution from Conrad Murray or his insurance company for malpractice, not stopping Conrad Murray from profiting off her dead son, Michael Jackson. I don't believe Katherine or Jermaine or Randy Jackson care about any Insurance Company. They are after Phillip Anschutz and damned be anyone who gets in their way!

I know I'm extremely late but I too want to thank the juror for coming here and answering some questions and clearing up some things. They didn't have to do it at all and whether you agree with the verdict or not, abuse is never okay.

Xosweetseducingsighsxo, legally it is not unethical to administer propofol in a home setting as a sleep aid. If it was, the doctor would have been charged with that crime.

Last Tear, I am unsure of your issue with the discussion between Juror27 and myself.

Xosweetseducingsighsxo, legally it is not unethical to administer propofol in a home setting as a sleep aid. If it was, the doctor would have been charged with that crime.

IMO Administering propofol in a home setting and as a sleep aid is simply not right and ethical. Why do you think Metzger and Ratner (or any other doctor for that matter) didn't want to admit giving it to MJ? Yea exactly.

I think if you are against the verdict that it doesn't matter what juror#27 says. You don't agree with it.

I hope Katherine doesn't appeal. I believe she loves Michael but she puts the whole needs and wants of the rest of the family first. I am not saying she should not care about her other kids and grandkids but they are old enough to take care of themselves. It's not Michael's responsibility to take care of the whole family.

Last Tear, I am unsure of your issue with the discussion between Juror27 and myself.

*sigh* Just because 'legally' it's not unethical doesn't mean that's the truth. IMO It's unethical any way you put it no matter how hard you or anyone else apart of society tries to make it.

I think if you are against the verdict that it doesn't matter what juror#27 says. You don't agree with it.

I hope Katherine doesn't appeal. I believe she loves Michael but she puts the whole needs and wants of the rest of the family first. I am not saying she should not care about her other kids and grandkids but they are old enough to take care of themselves. It's not Michael's responsibility to take care of the whole family.

bold part by me...
We all know Michael was a very intelligent man. He knew his way around contracts as well as most attorneys. If he had wanted to take care of his whole family after his death, there were ways he could have arranged it. For starters he could have named his siblings or his siblings children as beneficiaries along with PPB and K. Each could have received a certain percentage of his estate. He didn't do that. He also could have made his will so that Katherine's share would become a part of HER estate when she dies. Then it could go to the rest of the family. He didn't do that. What he did was very clear.
- He wanted his children to have what he worked very hard all of his life to build.
- He wanted his mother to live a life of comfort and not want for anything all of her days on earth and to take care of any family member she chose to help.
- Based on his ACTIONS what he didn't want was for the Jackson to get millions/billions off of his tragic death and his children's unimaginable loss .
- Why can't what HE wanted be OK? Why does what his mother want count more than what he wanted?

Why would there be an appeal when the purpose of the lawsuit was to find out what happened and now we know what happened.
Conrad Murray killed Michael Jackson because he(Conrad Murray) is an idiot. But he's an educated, licensed, credentialed idiot and they are hard to spot.

Last edited:
I don't know if Juror #27 is still around, but I was interested in what he said about Briggs' testimony and it implied he was impressed with Panish as a lawyer. I was wondering if he had any comment about the interactions between Panish and Putnam, and between the 2 legal teams in general.

Another question--did the jurors (or this juror) feel the trial went on too long and that it was too drawn out and maybe repetitive? Was the jury burned out after 5 months?

Last question: What did Juror #27 think of the witness Earley, the one who did the study on propofol addiction and who had been an addict himself (heroin) at one point?

Thanks! :) It's been a pleasure to read your clear and well-reasoned responses, Juror #27!!

[/B]

bold part by me...
We all know Michael was a very intelligent man. He knew his way around contracts as well as most attorneys. If he had wanted to take care of his whole family after his death, there were ways he could have arranged it. For starters he could have named his siblings or his siblings children as beneficiaries along with PPB and K. Each could have received a certain percentage of his estate. He didn't do that. He also could have made his will so that Katherine's share would become a part of HER estate when she dies. Then it could go to the rest of the family. He didn't do that. What he did was very clear.
- He wanted his children to have what he worked very hard all of his life to build.
- He wanted his mother to live a life of comfort and not want for anything all of her days on earth and to take care of any family member she chose to help.
- Based on his ACTIONS what he didn't want was for the Jackson to get millions/billions off of his tragic death and his children's unimaginable loss .
- Why can't what HE wanted be OK? Why does what his mother want count more than what he wanted?

Why would there be an appeal when the purpose of the lawsuit was to find out what happened and now we know what happened.
Conrad Murray killed Michael Jackson because he(Conrad Murray) is an idiot. But he's an educated, licensed, credentialed idiot and they are hard to spot.

Why cant I reply in this thead?

[/B]

bold part by me...

This statement is spot on. Seems as if Michael's very clear wishes have been ignored
repeatedly since his death. Michael's privacy and his children were of primary importance
to him and both have been shamefully exposed and exploited over and over again. I certainly
hope that his mother uses some of that strength of will that she possesses and just say no
to a further public display of her deceased son's coveted privacy...just take care of her
grandchildren and let the rest just be.

Admin note: Please knock of the sarcasm and insults when you don't agree with someone elses view. Certainly you are free to state you disagree and still be respectful to the member you are addressing. Tackle the topic not each other. You can derail the thread by going back and forth over such issues forever and never agree. You can't force someone to agree by stating the same thing over and over. When that happens it just becomes an argument rather than any productive discussion or debate.

ETA
Please don't post just to mock a member - Whether you like them, agree with them or not that is considered an attack and an insult and is not allowed here.

Thread cleaned

Katherine Jackson to meet with wrongful death jurors as she mulls appeal
Oct. 7, 2013, 8:09 PM EST
WENN
Michael Jackson's mother Katherine is meeting with jurors who cleared AEG Live executives in the King of Pop's wrongful death lawsuit to determine if she should launch an appeal.

A 12-person jury decided last week that although the concert promoters had hired Dr. Conrad Murray to serve as the singer's personal physician ahead of his doomed "This Is It" gigs, they were not liable for damages following the King of Pop's death as the medic was ruled not "unfit or incompetent to perform the work for which he was hired."

The ruling means AEG Live bosses do not have to pay millions in compensation to Katherine Jackson and the superstar's three children, who claimed the promoters acted negligently by hiring Murray, who is currently serving time behind bars for involuntary manslaughter after he was convicted of administering the fatal dose of anestheticpropofol that cost Jackson his life in 2009.

The Jackson family matriarch's lead lawyer, Brian Panish, has now spoken out about his client's plans to pursue the case further, revealing he and Katherine are hoping to talk to members of the Los Angeles jury in a bid to understand their actions for dismissing the wrongful death accusations.

They will then make a decision about filing a possible appeal within the next month. Panish tells the New York Daily News, "She (Katherine) isn't throwing in the towel ... We can't give up until we gather all the information. Today is another chapter."
Am I in a parallel universe? You don't go to a jury panel to find out if you should do an appeal. Katherine has an appeal lawyer on her team, so why don't they know what they should be looking for to help them decide on an appeal? A jury does not deal with legal errors. Does he want them to explain how they came to their decision? That is not going to help him win an appeal. He has nothing to win an appeal with. The judge went out of her way to give the plaintiffs all the breaks.

Panish & Katherine said they found out what they wanted which was AEG hired Muarry, so why do they consider an appeal now? Randy really needs his money, but Katherine should consider that the children have gone through enough. You know, maybe they should try for an appeal and lose some more money again. Maybe they feel the firm has not lost enough money yet.

I hope they pay the jurors money for wasting their time with a meeting. I hope Panish knows the justices are not going to be moved by a sweet Katherine image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back