Was you fan of MJ before or after his death?

Was you fan of mj before or after his death?

• Before his death

Votes: 428 94.3%
  • After his death

Votes: 26 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have been a dedicated fan for over 20 years. Gosh, I was so excited about the TII concerts, my mum surprised me with two tickets! I have never been lucky enough to meet Michael, but at least I have seen him a few times in concert and twice in Disneyland (Paris).
When he passed away, I wanted to go to a place where people understood my grief, so I joined this board (previously, I have only been a lurker).
I don't think it matters when someone became a fan. I hope that in future we will have even more new fans. They are just as important as the older fans. Let's keep Michael's legacy alive.

I have been a fan for over 20 years and went to many concerts got inside Neverland and ended up meeting Michael. I have had great experiences of going to his concerts meeting fans and doing some silly things for him. I enjoyed all of it it was great fun and I met so many friends. I welcome the new fans here its great to see them getting involved each one of us were a new fan at one stage ;)

I've loved his music since the early 90s. In 2005 I became a fan of Michael as a person :give_heart: He's stolen my heart.

Been fan after his death. I'm sad for discover this wonderful man and artist just in 25th july. Now, I'm stay thiking the chances (it wasn't many) that I had become a fan of Michael but I never mind about him. Others fans tell me ''Before late than never!'' and this makes me happy a little bit.

I would like had become a fan on 80s or 90s (in 80s I still wasn't born haha) because this eras were so funny, there was so many nice thing about MJ - the realize of albuns, films, shows, clips on TV all time. From 2000 to now there are few things about him, and usually it is bad.

I know this is such a cliche thing to say, but I feel like I've been a fan for my entire life, because I don't remember ever not being a fan.

Well I first began listening to Michael's music in late May but I guess became hardcore after his death sadly.

before, i knew some bad reports about michael jackson which have left me a little weired impression of michael jackson. i felt he must be lonely,he was not in good condition.
but i did not believe what the reports said,i did suspect. i knew this man was famous,but he was not like other stars appearing in front of the camera frequently.he was different from other hollywood stars.i knew he was talented too much,the day i knew his death,i was shocked.i was upset and sighed a lot.i want to know more about this super star.michael attracted me,when i had chances i searched michael's videos and songs ,news.then i felt michael jackson was my family,i love him.just as before i do not believe rumors about him,i find he is a great human being ,an caring angel.i am lucky to have a chance to know and love michael jackson.he will be in my heart for the rest of my life."we have him."

Last edited:
before, i knew some bad reports about michael jackson which have left me a little weired impression of michael jackson. i felt he must be lonely,he was not in good condition.
but i did not believe what the reports said,i did suspect. i knew this man was famous,but he was not like other stars appearing in front of the camera frequently.he was different from other hollywood stars.i knew he was talented too much,the day i knew his death,i was shocked.i was upset and sighed a lot.i want to know more about this super star.michael attracted me,when i had chances i searched michael's videos and songs ,news.then i felt michael jackson was my family,i love him.just as before i do not believe rumors about him,i find he is a great human being ,an caring angel.i am lucky to have a chance to know and love michael jackson.he will be in my heart for the rest of my life."we have him."

Some friends of mine told me the same - His death and the devastating effect all around the world, have pushed them to learn more about him, his artistic legacy so they understood why he's the King of Pop and also an amazing human - some of my friends have been totally amazed by all the charities he have supported so discret and the amounts he have given during all those years - They have never heard, unlike all the negativity in the medias.
About me, in first I was mid-fan of the Jacksons 5 and I was so in love with Michael's voice (I remember have broken my voice in trying to sing with Michael) - I became a real fan of Michael (solo) during the Thriller era -it was the first time I bought an album of a singer - Now I'm 45 years old :timer: and I'm always in love with his so sweet voice. :wub:

I've been a fan since before he died (Since I was 5). I remember that I didn't pay attention to the change of his complexion. I could watch Thriller and then Remember The Time and know that he was the same person. I guess that's the innocence of children, they see people for who they are and look past the things others make a big deal out of.

Long before his death. 40 years now. ( dating back to when he was with his brothers as the Jackson 5)

After his death :S but I regret so much not to have known him when he was alive.
I am really stupid when I say of my circle that I always listen him music, I take a school of dance for dance like him and he miss me many they don't understand my pain.
I know very well that I would never been a fan like you, I would like can say that I'm a long fan and he has always be important in my life but now I lived for him and every days he make my joy of living and the smile on my lips :)
I love him simply ...

Since '87, when I was 8 years old ... my copy of Bad that I own on CD today is the same one I was bought for my Christmas in 1987 by my parents.

As nice as it is to get new fans on board, some of the celebrity Michael Jackson fans coming out the woodwork make me want to throw up last Monday's breakfast.

unfortunately I only became a real fan after he died :( I regret it so much! my mom always used to tell me about him, I grew up with that but I never really gave a damn about what she said...I was pretty young and uninterested in music as I'm only 14 now :p

unfortunately I only became a real fan after he died :( I regret it so much! my mom always used to tell me about him, I grew up with that but I never really gave a damn about what she said...I was pretty young and uninterested in music as I'm only 14 now :p

Don't feel bad... You're very very young, take your time. :)

since 1996! (I was 4) So he's pretty much been a part of me my whole life.

Before. Michael came in my life when i just 8 years old back in 91. the night black or white premired. i didnt know who michael jackson was but as soon as i saw the video i was in love. Michael was always there when i needed him and my whole life i dreamed of seeing him in person and seeing him in concert. but it wasnt ment to be. :(

Back