We Are The World 25 for Haiti / Official video now in first post.

I'm confused!!!!!!!!...Could somebody help me with these?????

1.) Will there be a CD available?
2.) How will the 3D video be distributed?

The more I listen to the song, the more I like it :yes:

Who's the blond lady in the beginning singing "oh and it's time to lend a hand to life, the greatest gift of all"? Her voice gives me goosebumps!

The more I listen to the song, the more I like it :yes:

Who's the blond lady in the beginning singing "oh and it's time to lend a hand to life, the greatest gift of all"? Her voice gives me goosebumps!

That is Jennifer Nettles from the Country duo Sugarland. She is one of the best performers out there today :) Her voice is unique, I love it!

I have to say after watching the longer video I like most of it. Everything except really towards the end when Wyclef is yelling (I cannot say that is singing and I love Wyclef!).

That is Jennifer Nettles from the Country duo Sugarland. She is one of the best performers out there today :) Her voice is unique, I love it!

Thanks for replying :flowers:

I really like her voice and in my opinion it fits the song almost perfectly!

I think the rap part is kinda cool, it just comes at a strange time.

If it were me, I woulda reduced the repeated chorus after michael's 2nd part to maybe 2 runs of it, removing the autotune parts, and then brought in the rap part, and then going to a few more choruses with the adlibs and whatnot.

I dunno, the structure just seems too eclectic. You know how the beat breaks down after michael's 2nd part for no good reason. Theres a reason those production devices are left to closer to the climax. It's too jarring otherwise.

I'm no expert, thats just what i think.

By the way, does anyone have a list of the celebrities in order of the parts they do? I'm finding a few unfamiliar faces in there. An ordered list would help.

I absolutely love it...for better or worse it represents many of today's artists (that auto tune garbage), it has Michael, and it will help people... especially the children. You know Michael would be proud of how much this is going to help. L O V E!

Rap is included because this is the year 2010. Not 1985 when men were sporting tight jeans and basketball players sporting tight shorts. Im kidding but this is a different era and Rap is popular. You can't leave it out.

Unfortunately, this is true. In my opinion, the rap "music" (or whatever you want to call it) today is just rubbish. If you listen to it, I don't have to explain myself. I'm not a rap/hip-hop person at all, so maybe that's why none of this is appealing to me. I didn't listen to it but they used auto tune? That will give me a complete head ache. It's just not my music, it's so hard to listen to.

However, I skipped right to Michael's (and Janet's) part and that was the only part I watched. Michael. :cry: Janet looked pretty awkward there. The editing was really weird and I think it could have either been done better or looked better left out.

OMG even if Michael wanted to remake this song..it would not sound like this shit.

I cannot believe they let Beiber sing the intro
hated-it.jpg

did anyone see the premiere of the video at the olympics? I missed it ...

That's what I'm asking too 'cause I watched the damn opening ceremonies from beginning to end and I did not see it! All of 3 hours wasted waiting for the premiere of the video with sleep just killing me and then nothing!:doh: So when did this actually air? could'nt have been that first hour on NBC 'cause that was not apart of the opening ceremony.

And to now be able to see and hear the new video and song, I gotta say I want those wasted 3 hours back. The song had some good parts to it but the rap and autotune mess killed it. The faces just blurred together, you did'nt even know who was who and don't get me started on the much hyped MJ/JJ collab 'cause that just did not go off well. Was Janet supposed to be heard 'cause I sure did'nt hear a word from her mouth, it was all Michael.

Like I though at the out set, a new song should've been written for this cause, it would'nt have been that hard to do. This whole thing looked and obviously was rushed!

other than the sentiment (which I am all for), the entire project is full of ISH.

Bunch of nobodies from the modern day music scene (who the F*** let Lil Wayne with his busted up face on Mike's record???? -- wasn't he heard dissing Mike on a track when he was alive -- F*** HIM -- And Quincy Jones and Jamie Foxx -- Don't even get me started on these two faced SOBs).

This remake is a joke. Other than a few artists, the rest of these washed up fools should have never been allowed anywhere near a mike on this record.

Here again, the estate should have engaged some quality control before allowing some of these fools to appear on a record with Mike. They are watering down his legacy by putting their stamp of approval on ISH like this. If Mike was alive, there's NO WAY I can see him giving his approval to release this remake in its current state.

Shame on the estate and shame on these two faced NON-legends/Non-singers who thought they were worthy enough to appear on this video/song.

The Today Show is talking about it this morning and they said it was produced by Quincy and written by Lionel Richie. What about Michael? They didn't even mention him. Didn't he write the whole song himself??

I saw that too and I was like :doh:.....I noticed ever since the announcement of this project for the most part its like the fact that Michael co-wrote this song with Lionel is being ignored by some in the media.

MESSAGE TO MICHAEL JACKSON:
I wish to, thank you, Michael Jackson,
for your Angelic Voice in the
"We Are the World" 25 Video for Haiti Earthquake Relief".
It was much needed.
giveheart.gif

I been wondering Michael....Do you think God might allow to come back and visit Earth every once in a while to check on your children and what not?

DAMN, the song is AWESOME!!! It's given me so many goosebumps...! Even tho' there are some artists that either don't sound good to me or I don't really like but this isn't important here - the song has just turned out great!
Lovin it...!!!
I totally agree. It made me cry.
Just like many here, I don't like rap but they made it work.

Just like in the original, I didn't care for a few of those artists in there but I liked the song mainly because of Michael. And 25 years later I can say the same. Hee hee. Plus they have Barbra singing right after Michael, what more can you ask for? :)

The kid at the beginning and Miley Cirus will grab the attention of many from the younger generation and make them discover Michael Jackson. Believe it or not, many fans of these various singers were not MJ fans and just might become one after this.

Lastly, Michael would love it so embrace it.

clap.gif

Last edited:
personally i think its shocking, they barely even used the guitarists, no clear form, its dragging it out like hell. They have stupid effects on people's voices and all kinds of crap. Michael would cringe at how they have MURDERED his song. It's that not that they can't pull it off, its just that its put together well, the backing track sounds dreadfull, its not equalised well at all........... i could go on. The cause is great, make no mistakes, but it could sell more and raise more money for Haiti if they actually did a good job of it

:( I guess Prince and Paris being a part of it was all just another part of the rumor mill. Thats what I get for disconnecting from MJJC for a bit/

'We Are the World' Debuts, Worldwide Airing Set

'We Are the World' video debuts, worldwide international simulcast planned for Saturday

The revamped "We Are the World" made its world premiere Friday during NBC's coverage of the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics, and a simultaneous worldwide screening of the full, seven-minute version of the music video is planned for Saturday.

The worldwide simulcast on 53 domestic and international channels is planned for 2 p.m. Eastern time.

A three-minute version of the video aired Friday. Filmed by Oscar winner Paul Haggis, the video shows images of devastation from the island nation after the January 12 earthquake that has claimed more than 200,000 lives.

It also shows some of the 85 artists who gathered in Los Angeles earlier this month to re-record the 1985 charity anthem.

Teen sensation Justin Bieber opens the song. Also featured are Jennifer Hudson and Nicole Scherzinger, Sugarland singer Jennifer Nettles, Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion and Fergie. Josh Groban, LL Cool J, Nick Jonas, Lil Wayne (and his auto-tune), Jeff Bridges, Kanye West, Miley Cyrus and Haitian-American singer Wyclef Jean also get screen time.

Michael Jackson, who co-wrote the original hit with Lionel Richie, is shown in a clip from the original music video. In the new version, Jackson, wearing his trademark 1980s pseudomilitary regalia, sings alongside his sister, Janet Jackson.

Richie and fellow producer Quincy Jones introduced the song Friday via video, saying money raised by its sales will provide food, shelter and medicine for the Haitian people.

Fans can download "We Are the World 25 for Haiti" online now. All proceeds will benefit earthquake recovery efforts in Haiti.

———

On the Net:

http://www.world25.org

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=9825248

[I been wondering Michael....Do you think God might allow to come back and visit Earth every once in a while to check on your children and what not?]

Funny you say that. Just the other night, thinking about this stuff coming out of the authopsy report (which I won't read), I was wishing that just like God sent his son Jesus to save humanity and got crucified and resurrected,
I was imagining that Michael being so hurt and upset about this invasion of privacy, that God could allow him to come busting out of his crypt and sing his song Privacy at the top of his lungs for the whole world to hear. And then stay with us for a good long while and get to perform his TII concerts.

:angel:

Back