We Are The World 25 for Haiti / Official video now in first post.

I'm not the biggest fan of the new version but have bought it anyway as it's for a great cause. Its number 27 on the UK iTunes but its only been released for a few hours.

That's because it SUCKED. Don't mean to be so blunt, but....DUUUUDE!!!

I'm shocked!

Understandable, but aside from the auto tune, Lil Wayne, T-Pain, the rap (I agree that that should've been left off the song, except for Kanye and Will.I.Am.), it wasn't that bad. I mean, there are worst songs and Michael Covers out there than this one.

I saw and heard WATW 25 last night during opening night of the Olympics and I thought to myself, "What in the world were they doing?" I mean I wasn't impressed at all. However, seeing and hearing it again TODAY in it's full version, I have to say I like it. Of course the original WATW 1980's version is the one that has my heart more; but this updated version is pretty good the more I hear it.--and it's for a good cause, which is the most important thing.

It tugged at my heart when I saw Michael with Janet (even though I couldn't hear Janet at all). Great to see 3T in the chorus also.

Awww Michael, I miss you.

I love that they kept Michael Jackson in it. MJ once again you made me cry! :cry: Why not Whitney Houston, R-Kelly, Beyonce, Mariah Carey or Paul McCartney? Nothing can touch the original. I don’t understand what Lil Wayne was doing there after what he called MJ? There will never be another Michael, NEVER. :no:

Aww yeah it touched me when I saw Mike and Janet on the split screen. Did anyone get a little teary eyed when Michael first appeared on the screen? 'Cause I know I did :cry:. It was bittersweet but i'm so glad they left him in.

I thought the kids were supposed to be in it? I'm kinda happy they weren't though.
When i saw that kid that sang first i almost freaked though LOL then I was like - wait, that's not Prince. :)

Aww yeah it touched me when I saw Mike and Janet on the split screen. Did anyone get a little teary eyed when Michael first appeared on the screen? 'Cause I know I did :cry:. It was bittersweet but i'm so glad they left him in.

Oh it sure did make me cry. This whole video made me cry. It is so unbelievable to me that even after Michael has passed away that his song he wrote 25 years ago will be even bigger today. His music is immortal. Michael never ceases to amaze me. I love you Michael.

Ok i just seen the video along with the rest of you guys and omg you people are so wrong. Quick to judge is right. That was fantastic. The only thing i wasn't expecting was Michael. I didn't read anything about the video or the song much so i wasn't expecting him.

The auto tune thing i think is used for people who cant sing... Like Lil' Wayne and the other dude... But all in all it was a fantastic song i am very pleased with it and its for a good cause. Something Michael would have done. Probably with a new song but its something he would be proud of.

The only people like i said before i had a problem with was Kanya and Lil Wayne. The others did a wonderful job.

That is your opinion

and I'm sorry but I am not going to speak for Mike and say "he would be proud of it" how do we know????

After watching "This Is It" and seeing what a perfectionist he is...I find that hard to believe he would allow this....keywords "Hard To Believe" because there were so many obvious flaws in the song, there was no Love and Harmony..everything was all over the place.

I feel like they used Michael to get the sucess...I'm still not with it.

Last edited:
Michael would not have allowed the autotune all over the track.

when i saw Michael and Janet i cried, but i cried more for what they had been done whit the harmony in this song
Michael had chosen better components and would have left out the autotune. And we Know it is because we have the example of What more can i give??

when i saw Michael and Janet i cried, but i cried more for what they had been done whit the harmony in this song
Michael had chosen better components and would have left out the autotune. And we Know it is because we have the example of What more can i give??

tumblr_kro95v4C1J1qzm35po1_400.gif

Exactly, btw I love What More Can I Give

I was going to buy WATW25 from iTunes, but I realised it's easier said than done. I was told I need to have an account or something like that and then it just went too complicated.

Sincerely, from very far I prefer the original song.
In the new version I only like the two passage where MJ is singing.

It's as bad as I thought it would be. It's nice that they did it for charity but they could have come up with something new if they really cared or had the talent. I think it sounds cheap and don't get me started on some of the people that got a solo. I'm still not going to buy it. I will donate the money to a charity myself.

I actually don't think it's that bad. The Michael bits took my breath away as if they were brand new. He's simply amazing.

I still think its a beautiful song but kind of updated to todays music and included lots of different elements such as the rap and will get more people to buy it and thus more money for haiti.

Michaels bits were amazing as always :happy:

New Version of Michael Jackson's We Are the World is the Latest Sign of People Loving the King

New Version of Michael Jackson's We Are the World is the Latest Sign of People Loving the King of Pop All Over Again
New Version of Michael Jackson's We Are the World is the Latest Sign of People Loving the King of Pop All Over Again - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
Click this bar to view the full image.

Since His Death, the World Seems to Be Taking Another View of Michael Jackson

A new version of Michael Jackson's co-authored landmark song "We Are the World" has been recorded and presented to the world as an effort to raise money for earthquake release in Haiti. Jackson co-wrote the song in 1985 with Lionel Richie.

A shortened video of the song was released during Olympic Opening Ceremonies on Friday night. On Saturday afternoon, the full seven minute video was played around the world for the first time. Fans can download the video with all proceeds going to Haiti as the nation recovers from a devastating earthquake.

Nearly eight months after Jackson's untimely passing, the release of the new version of "We Are the World" is the latest in a string of events that have served to enhance Jackson's musical and humanitarian legacy, and begin to introduce his message and work to younger generations.

Recent months have seen increasing evidence that old and unproven allegations against Jackson are fading from public view as the world reflects more on his music and his humanitarian work. When major networks, institutions and the Olympics include Michael Jackson's work and his images in their productions and honors, it seems that the claims against him are more discredited than ever in the court of public opinion.

For example, in January, Jackson's landmark Thriller video become the first music video to be included in the National Film Archives in the United States. In addition, Jackson's Earth Song became the first 3D video presentation at a live awards show as the Grammy Awards made it one of the highlights. During the same show, two of Jackson's children, Prince and Paris, accepted a Lifetime Achievement Award on their father's behalf

Re: New Version of Michael Jackson's We Are the World is the Latest Sign of People Loving the King

You forgot this part.

In the midst of all of this, a new Michael Jackson song, a collaboration with Lenny Kravitz, was leaked online (albeit briefly). Kravitz made a point to say that while he did not know who leaked it, that he found being in the studio with Jackson to be 'an amazing experience'. Kravitz also mentioned what a fantastic father Jackson seemed to be. Finally, Kravitz remarked that he found Jackson to have a very funny sense of humor and that the two of them laughed much of the time in the studio.

As Jackson battled ultimately unproven allegations of sexual misconduct throughout his life, his undeniable talent and messages of love and peace seemed to be lost except among his loyal fans. But as the world reflects on his life and contributions to the world and popular culture, there seems to be an undeniable shift in the way people think of, speak of, and remember Michael Jackson. His legacy and popularity, it would seem, will only grow from here.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2699023/new_version_of_michael_jacksons_we_pg2.html?cat=33

lol i was reading my local paper today and they said bout lil waynes part in we are the world "jay z got it right- DEATH TO AUTO TUNE! :lol:

lol i was reading my local paper today and they said bout lil waynes part in we are the world "jay z got it right- DEATH TO AUTO TUNE! :lol:

I just saw this other comment:

" And that's really what's most disappointing about this overblown redux. Nobody can argue wi ...th its worthy cause -- the song's latest proceeds will go to earthquake relief in Haiti -- but the recording's original thrill was due to the panoply of voices gracefully working together: a reedy Willie Nelson, a roaring Bruce Springsteen, an angelic Michael Jackson.

On the new version -- its video will be simulcast around the world Saturday -- Jackson's original vocal contribution was wisely left intact. "

By Chris RichardsWashington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, February 13, 2010

My local newspaper had a similar comment: the most emotional part of the new tune is Michael Jackson's original singing.

On your face, Quincy Jones!! On YOUR face!!!

I just saw this other comment:

" And that's really what's most disappointing about this overblown redux. Nobody can argue wi ...th its worthy cause -- the song's latest proceeds will go to earthquake relief in Haiti -- but the recording's original thrill was due to the panoply of voices gracefully working together: a reedy Willie Nelson, a roaring Bruce Springsteen, an angelic Michael Jackson.

On the new version -- its video will be simulcast around the world Saturday -- Jackson's original vocal contribution was wisely left intact. "

By Chris RichardsWashington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, February 13, 2010

My local newspaper had a similar comment: the most emotional part of the new tune is Michael Jackson's original singing.

On your face, Quincy Jones!! On YOUR face!!!
dammedancing01.gif

my thoughts exactly!!!!

Can I get an amen??

first impressions last night i was breathtaken by michaels clips..watching it again today i still like them clips but they were very short. They should have got the original singers back i think. Theres a few on there that I dont even know like that kid at the start. The rapping bit ruins it and why is vince vaughn singing at the back in the group bits?

I prefer the original but it's for a good cause I suppose.

Hey everyone. As the song is a charity single and both, the song and the video can be bought from iTunes no download links can be posted on MJJC. Thank you :flowers:

Janet is so cute

Love her:wub:

Michael + Janet is good idea

Michael + Usher is also cool (both of them were my heroes when I was a kid)

The cute blond kid who sings the first part(This boy is cute and handsome but not as much as our Prince Michael:D), Michael, Janet, Usher, Pink, Jamie and Celline are good to hear, but the autotune thing is just absurd LOL

No Stevie No Ray... No real Michael.... no Bruce.. dissappointing

Re: New Version of Michael Jackson's We Are the World is the Latest Sign of People Loving the King

New Version of Michael Jackson's We Are the World is the Latest Sign of People Loving the King of Pop All Over Again
New Version of Michael Jackson's We Are the World is the Latest Sign of People Loving the King of Pop All Over Again - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
Click this bar to view the full image.

Since His Death, the World Seems to Be Taking Another View of Michael Jackson

A new version of Michael Jackson's co-authored landmark song "We Are the World" has been recorded and presented to the world as an effort to raise money for earthquake release in Haiti. Jackson co-wrote the song in 1985 with Lionel Richie.

A shortened video of the song was released during Olympic Opening Ceremonies on Friday night. On Saturday afternoon, the full seven minute video was played around the world for the first time. Fans can download the video with all proceeds going to Haiti as the nation recovers from a devastating earthquake.

Nearly eight months after Jackson's untimely passing, the release of the new version of "We Are the World" is the latest in a string of events that have served to enhance Jackson's musical and humanitarian legacy, and begin to introduce his message and work to younger generations.

Recent months have seen increasing evidence that old and unproven allegations against Jackson are fading from public view as the world reflects more on his music and his humanitarian work. When major networks, institutions and the Olympics include Michael Jackson's work and his images in their productions and honors, it seems that the claims against him are more discredited than ever in the court of public opinion.

For example, in January, Jackson's landmark Thriller video become the first music video to be included in the National Film Archives in the United States. In addition, Jackson's Earth Song became the first 3D video presentation at a live awards show as the Grammy Awards made it one of the highlights. During the same show, two of Jackson's children, Prince and Paris, accepted a Lifetime Achievement Award on their father's behalf

You forgot this part.

In the midst of all of this, a new Michael Jackson song, a collaboration with Lenny Kravitz, was leaked online (albeit briefly). Kravitz made a point to say that while he did not know who leaked it, that he found being in the studio with Jackson to be 'an amazing experience'. Kravitz also mentioned what a fantastic father Jackson seemed to be. Finally, Kravitz remarked that he found Jackson to have a very funny sense of humor and that the two of them laughed much of the time in the studio.

As Jackson battled ultimately unproven allegations of sexual misconduct throughout his life, his undeniable talent and messages of love and peace seemed to be lost except among his loyal fans. But as the world reflects on his life and contributions to the world and popular culture, there seems to be an undeniable shift in the way people think of, speak of, and remember Michael Jackson. His legacy and popularity, it would seem, will only grow from here.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2699023/new_version_of_michael_jacksons_we_pg2.html?cat=33

MASSIVE shame it had to take his death for this to happen :( ... but at least it seems to be happening.

Re: Lionel Richie on Oprah about We Are The World (MJ related)

OMG.. I love the snake part " Oh there he is Lionel. I found the snake"
LOL...

Back