We Are The World 25 for Haiti / Official video now in first post.

At first I said NO NO NO this is awful....
but after listening to it a bit more....it is starting to grow on me.
It will NEVER be better than the opriginal, but at least I don't hate it as much now.

Also, I asked my 11yo to listen to it....she quite liked the young artists.....to them.....THEY ARE THE REAL ARTISTS.........they are the ones my kids are growing up with........

She got real excited seeing the likes of Miley, Jonas Bros, Pink etc.....

I love Pink's voice on it. I'm not really sure why but I always kind of overlooked her as a singer somehow, but she really has a nice voice.

Staffordshire, Lil Wayne might be an asswipe, lol, but I rather liked his part
in the song. He must have had the autotune tuned down. Lol.
But not only that, I just liked the way he did his part. *shrug*

I love Pink's voice on it. I'm not really sure why but I always kind of overlooked her as a singer somehow, but she really has a nice voice.
You're right. She did really good too.
Did you see her Grammy performance? Her voice was outstanding
as she twirled around suspended in air.

Yip, Im not a fan of Pink but shes good. So is Jennifer Hudson and I like the guy from Maroon 5 aswell. Celine aswell.

I dont know what to say or which part was best..but I kinda like Justin and Josh Groban's part. Also Janet and Michael's part. Their part gave me goosebumps !!!Their voice blended so well together even the background also..it's perfect..!

Last edited:
Original is better BUT...I downloaded both the single and video because they included MJ in it. I think that was respectful considering no other artist from the 85 version was added. We should be thankful they had enough respect to include MJ in both the song and video. He really would be happy, it's the best they can do because I know if MJ was alive...he would be a part of that 100%. He'd be right beside Quincy and Lionel.

Original is better BUT...I downloaded both the single and video because they included MJ in it. I think that was respectful considering no other artist from the 85 version was added. We should be thankful they had enough respect to include MJ in both the song and video. He really would be happy, it's the best they can do because I know if MJ was alive...he would be a part of that 100%. He'd be right beside Quincy and Lionel.

:clapping:

I was pleasantly surprised by this version. I gotta admit i did cringe at certain parts of the song lol but i expected them to totally tear the song apart, which they didn't. I like how a lot of it reminded me of the original but used this generation of artists.
Of course, nothing will ever beat the original WATW. Everyone involved in the song did it for a good cause :)

I just downloaded it from i-tunes. I'm crying. It's beautiful. It is always beautiful when people come together to support others in kindness. I think that the modern musical components are interesting. Each artist is AMAZING, contributing their unique voices and talents to this project. I was touched that they included Michael as a tribute to him. I'm certain that he would have wanted to add his voice and support to this project if he had been alive. He would have been so proud of everyone, and aching for the people of Haiti. I hope that they make a lot of money from the sales to assist in helping the Haitian people to recover and rebuild their lives.

Can someone tell me what the difference is between the 13 min version and the 6 min version on i-tunes?

Did the children really record a poem and it's part of the 13 min version?

Can someone tell me what the difference is between the 13 min version and the 6 min version on i-tunes?

Did the children really record a poem and it's part of the 13 min version?

I only watched the 13 minute one so I'm not sure of the difference but the children weren't part of any of it.

I love this video, it's amazing and i love how they've got the clips of Michael in with everyone elses, it's like he's still here :(

You're right. She did really good too.
Did you see her Grammy performance? Her voice was outstanding
as she twirled around suspended in air.

I love pink, going to see her on June 12th :D can't wait.

Last edited:
Celebs Record 'We Are the World' in Spanish

I wanted to update this information.
Sorry, I could not find the original thread.

Celebs record
'We are the World' in Spanish

Feb 19, 11:35 PM (ET)

By LISA ORKIN EMMANUEL

MIAMI (AP) - Emilio and Gloria Estefan and other celebrities gathered to record a Spanish-language version of "We are the World" on Friday to raise money for Haiti earthquake victims.

Emilio Estefan said he was talking with Quincy Jones about the importance of the Spanish market when the idea developed.

"You know, Latinos always want to do things in a positive way, to show the world that even we come from different places, we wanted to definitely help," he said. "I think now is the best time because people forget."

Actor Andy Garcia was also participating and said that as soon as Estefan called him, he said he would take part.

"You wish you wouldn't have to do a fundraiser for Haiti," he said. "It's going to need attention for quite some time ... It's not just a question of raising money today and everything is going to be all right."

Other singers who were to participate in recording the track include Banda El Recodo, Carlos Santana, Chayanne, David Archuleta, Carlos Santana and Jose Feliciano.

The song, "Somos El Mundo," was adapted by the Estefans, who partnered with Jones, Univision and the not-for-profit We are the World Foundation to gather the artists to record the song. Univision is underwriting, co-producing and doing distribution of the song, which goes on sale in March. All of the artists volunteered.

"I just feel real good. I am not here as an artist. I am here as a human being," said Cuban-American singer and actor Jencarlos Canela.

"I think that the world needs to realize that we cannot wait for a tragedy to happen to come together and to be united."

Singer Chayanne said he was moved by the opportunity to work on the song.

"You do it from the bottom of your heart and you really feel great to do something like this with Emilio and Gloria," he said.

Singer Milly Quezada called it a chance to reach people who had not yet been moved by the events in Haiti.

"It is a divine opportunity for us to stand together in solidarity. Obviously, this song is a beautiful song. Gloria made a beautiful translation," Quezada said.

Singer Ednita Nazario said she was "flabbergasted" when she saw images of the quake's aftermath on TV.

"I think you do what comes straight from your heart. Its important to keep Haiti in people's minds and heart. This is a longterm situation because it's not rebuilding a building, its building a whole country that needs help," she said "The difference is that Haiti has nothing."

David Archuleta said it was great to see how many celebrities were willing to come together for the cause.

"I love this song. It's just great to be able to be a part of it in Spanish," he said.

Jon Secada called it a "momentous recording."

"As a music community to be able to have the opportunity to come together and to do something that really matters, and give something back, it's important," he said.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100220/D9DVMCUO0.html

Re: Celebs Record 'We Are the World' in Spanish

To see Gloria Estefan's - One Day in Your Life
(Tribute to Michael Jackson - Liverpool Echo Arena 2009)
giveheart.gif

Click below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BivpFYWnebA

I am looking forward to hearing this one. It should be a lot better than the one we got last week

Latin Artists Record Song to Benefit Haiti Earthquake Victims

By Zayra Mo

MIAMI – Andy Garcia, Chayanne and Ednita Nazario were among the many Latin artists who recorded a version in Spanish of the song “We Are the World,” produced by Emilio Estefan, to benefit Haiti’s earthquake victims.

“I think it’s the most important production I have done in my career, because it brings together an endless list of artists from very different fields,” Estefan told Efe after Friday’s recording session. “The message that we’re sending the world will be spectacular because we have gathered together more than 100 singers.”

The “Somos el Mundo” project was a magnet for top Latin music stars this week at the American Airlines Arena in Miami, where a studio was prepared specifically for the occasion, with the goal of collecting funds for Haiti, a country blasted on Jan. 12 by a magnitude-7.0 earthquake that according to the most recent estimate took some 217,000 lives.

Such artists as Vicente and Alejandro Fernandez, Aventura, Banda El Recodo, Carlos Santana, Cristian Castro, Gilberto Santa Rosa, Jose Luis Rodriguez “El Puma,” Juan Luis Guerra, Lucero, Luis Enrique, Luis Fonsi, Milly Quezada, Natalia Jimenez, Olga Tañon, Patricia Manterola, Paulina Rubio, Pitbull, Ricardo Montaner, Thalia, and Wisin & Yandel all got together for the beneficent cause.

The song was produced by Gloria and Emilio Estefan and Quincy Jones, the producer of the two versions of the song in English.

“It’s a great responsibility and we haven’t been alone, Jones has spent these last few days on the telephone talking and working out the details of the version that we recorded today,” Estefan said.

“This is the first Michael Jackson song to be recorded since he died and we had to wait for approval of the version Gloria and I created. Of course, it had the approval of (Lionel) Richie and Jones,” he said.

Together with Jones, only two other people of those who took part in the first edition were present in the new “We Are the World 25,” the producers Richie and Humberto Gatica.

“Somos el Mundo” will premiere on March 1 in “El Show de Cristina” on the Univision network, along with behind-the-scenes shots and interviews with several of the participating artists.

“It’s very sad to think about the reason we’re making this united effort, I would have liked to make the recording under other circumstances,” Montaner said during a preproduction break.

Montaner, who is also a UNICEF goodwill ambassador, recalled that the first time he heard this song “I was starting out as a singer in Maracaibo, Venezuela.”

“I never thought that 25 years later I would be taking part, singing together with great fellow artists this tune that means so much to everyone. Singing together with my fellow artists was a very emotional experience. There is so much strength when we unite for a cause,” the Argentine-Venezuelan singer-songwriter said.

Montaner, who a couple of weeks ago staged a marathon for Haiti, said it was essential to save the children of that country, an opinion shared by Olga Tañon.

“If my voice serves as an instrument to help the children of that country, glory be!” the Puerto Rican said Friday in a communique.

Tañon sang a verse of the Spanish-language version of the song written in 1985 by the departed King of Pop.

“Somos amor, somos el mundo, somos la luz que alumbra con ardor lo mas oscuro...” (We are love, we are the world, we are the light that shines bright wherever is darkest...) is part of the line sung by the “Woman in Fire” Tañon, which in the English-language version was sung by Cindy Lauper.

http://www.laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=352641&CategoryId=13003

addthis_pub = 'artevenezuela';

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0NENJEpG870&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0NENJEpG870&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

LMAO!!!!! i almost didn't recognize him.

it's amazing how the magic of the original made people that i thought were ok singers, great..and non singers into singers..

for me, that's the magic of MJ being in on putting it together.

just like ABC

like the plants and animals at Neverland coming more alive, when MJ lived there.

like wanting to listen to the radio to watch out a couple of times for a remake i hate, cus i knew MJ's voice and vid were inserted in there.

Last edited:
I'm really into help the need ones, however inviting brand new singers just because they're successful nowadays makes it loose the credibility that earned in 1985.
It was a huge mistake re-make it, it doesn't have comparison with the original.

michael jackson's We are the world remake

My friend was watching we are the world for hait last night and spotted something very strange. I wanted to show you all and tell me what you think...

whosingreen.jpg

Can you see someone in green?

Its only in one scene...very random and strange....

what do you think??

Re: michael jackson's We are the world remake

It's for us to put ourselves in the video with webcam at a later date - like green screen

Back