Weekend News Bytes for April 4-6, 2008 (update for April 6 on post #49)

allthelovelyflowers,

it's great being positive, but you have to face reality. Pop radio probably won't embrace Michael due to the fact that clear channel isn't Michael friendly. Don't forget Mike has a lot of baggage and everyone is not so willing to welcome him back. They wanted him gone for good remember? Thank God it didn't work, but Lord knows I don't see them rooting for MJ

how is your break going Jaydom/Kaymon? And your sense of reality is clouded along with your mind

Last edited:
how is your break going Jaydom/Kaymon? And your sense of reality is clouded along with your mind

to use your screen name, I am just stating the facts-_- Do you know who owns pop radio?? this isn't 1982 or 1983 anymore. all of these pop stations haven't exactly embraced Michael since 1992 and Dangerous. I just don't want allthelovelyflowers to get herself pumped up thinking that the world is going to fully embrace MJ and all the radio dj's want his music. Some of these same DJ's have consistently bashed Michael for the last 14 years or so.

allthelovelyflowers,

it's great being positive, but you have to face reality. Pop radio probably won't embrace Michael due to the fact that clear channel isn't Michael friendly. Don't forget Mike has a lot of baggage and everyone is not so willing to welcome him back. They wanted him gone for good remember? Thank God it didn't work, but Lord knows I don't see them rooting for MJ

I hate to say it, but I kinda agree with this. You'd have to be blind not to notice that the mainstream media pretty much ignores MJ. When I see Madonna on all these major magazines, I say to myself, poor MJ will never have these magazines up his ass like she does. But even with all the ass kssing behind her, like all the other times, I don't see Madonna selling better than MJ. His fanbase is just that big. Unlike Janet, if the "Powers that be" don't get behind MJ, with a strong team behind him, MJ can still overcome it.

I hate to say it, but I kinda agree with this. You'd have to be blind not to notice that the mainstream media pretty much ignores MJ. When I see Madonna on all these major magazines, I say to myself, poor MJ will never have these magazines up his ass like she does. But even with all the ass kssing behind her, like all the other times, I don't see Madonna selling better than MJ. His fanbase is just that big. Unlike Janet, if the "Powers that be" don't get behind MJ, with a strong team behind him, MJ can still overcome it.

Angie, you rarely agree with me, but I'm glad you know where I'm coming from. I think Mike's best bet would be to stick close to those that care about him. If he has to do BET and Ebony magazine to promote his stuff, then so be it. I just hope that he doesn't do a major network interview ever again. They don't deserve him! I have also noticed that the mainstream media is ignoring MJ altogether. They are not mentioning how well T25 is doing at all. The only time the media has been mentioning MJ is due to bills not being paid or him losing Neverland.

Last edited:
to use your screen name, I am just stating the facts-_- Do you know who owns pop radio?? this isn't 1982 or 1983 anymore. all of these pop stations haven't exactly embraced Michael since 1992 and Dangerous. I just don't want allthelovelyflowers to get herself pumped up thinking that the world is going to fully embrace MJ and all the radio dj's want his music. Some of these same DJ's have consistently bashed Michael for the last 14 years or so.

Unless you own pop radio your are not talking about facts. Stop listening to the voice in your head

allthelovelyflowers,

But you are not being positive....you are being unfairly critical. Big difference.

And how do you know that Clear Channel is not "Michael friendly"? What are you basing that on. The last time I heard Michael say anything about Clear Channel, he was standing on a stage thanking them for their relationship. So what are you talking about?

And Michael doesn't need EVERYONE to embrace him in order to be a success. No other artists out there is embraced by EVERYONE.

And who is THEY and THEM? Who exactly are you talking about that doesn't want Michael back?

To a degree it's true but I am pleased that somene who is widely read like Paul Grein who writes for Billboard mag and other major music publishers is reporting on the sales of T25 weekly which i wasn't aware of until yesterday. Also to see a major network like ABC used 'Startin Somethin' for one of their top shows is a big deal, i mean Janet can forget about getting anything like that and to consider that just 5 years old the same network nearly buried him with that Marty Bashir hatchet job I'd say things have come a long way, now im not naive to think that everybody is going to come around but i don't think it's as dire as kaymon loves to moan about on every MJ board. To see so many acts sample and remake MJ songs and to have a hot group like Fall Out Boy release 'Beat It' and it sells a ton on Itunes is progress.

Hope, you really do spring eternal!

This is the exact point I am trying to make. And that is that Michael's situation is not as dire as some of his most negative fans like to proclaim. Negative fans don't even see the progress that Michael has already made even before the new album drops. And you can bet that when the new album does drop, the negative fans will be looking for the first thing that they can put a negative twist on and open up a thread about it. If Michae's new single is not played on radio every 5 minutes, they are gonna say it was a flop and not well received by radio.

last time i checked clear channel had MJ's back with WMCIG and such. Maybeee things have changed, maybe not. We won't know until stuff goes down...so until then there's no need to assume the worst.

To a degree it's true but I am pleased that somene who is widely read like Paul Grein who writes for Billboard mag and other major music publishers is reporting on the sales of T25 weekly which i wasn't aware of until yesterday. Also to see a major network like ABC used 'Startin Somethin' for one of their top shows is a big deal, i mean Janet can forget about getting anything like that and to consider that just 5 years old the same network nearly buried him with that Marty Bashir hatchet job I'd say things have come a long way, now im not naive to think that everybody is going to come around but i don't think it's as dire as kaymon loves to moan about on every MJ board. To see so many acts sample and remake MJ songs and to have a hot group like Fall Out Boy release 'Beat It' and it sells a ton on Itunes is progress.

Oh yeah, Paul Grein's weekly Billboard columns are a nice read. He always does a nice write up about Thriller 25. So major props to him. And I agree with everything else you said. All this love he's getting from today's acts is such a great thing to see. And with so many people getting success from it, expect for more acts to do it and also expect for more people to do MJ related commercials. :D It's because of these things, you can't overdo the negativity.

Fans will request to the radio stations that they play his songs, don't forget that. Michael can get number one's again. You forget that Sony payed DJ's not to play the cuts off of "Invincible". They did a lot to kill that album, and it still sold more then Justin Timberlake or any of todays big acts are able to push and got a top ten single. It's unrealistict to think Michael can't have a hit again. You forget who you're talking about people.

Fans will request to the radio stations that they play his songs, don't forget that. Michael can get number one's again. You forget that Sony payed DJ's not to play the cuts off of "Invincible". They did a lot to kill that album, and it still sold more then Justin Timberlake or any of todays big acts are able to push and got a top ten single. It's unrealistict to think Michael can't have a hit again. You forget who you're talking about people.

Michael now is not the same Michael from 1983, public wise. Don't forget that Michael has had negative press for the past 15 years which has taken a toll believe that. I want Michael to come back too with much success, but I am not expecting Michael to get much support from the powers that be.

Fans will request to the radio stations that they play his songs, don't forget that. Michael can get number one's again.

Janet fans are requesting her new music left and right and radio is still refusing to play it. They are saying they can't because she's not on their playlist.-_-

MJ doesn't NEED to PTB, he's got the PUBLIC to bank on. T25 proves that he still has the public...and they still are looking forward to what he does next.

Michael now is not the same Michael from 1983, public wise. Don't forget that Michael has had negative press for the past 15 years which has taken a toll believe that. I want Michael to come back too with much success, but I am not expecting Michael to get much support from the powers that be.

Michael's been getting negative press since 1984. He'll be successful. He's not a normal music star. He created the industry you see today, basically. And I think you're underestimating the power of curiosity. People are going to want to hear Michael just based off of their desire to know what he can do now.

Last edited:
But you are not being positive....you are being unfairly critical. Big difference.

And how do you know that Clear Channel is not "Michael friendly"? What are you basing that on. The last time I heard Michael say anything about Clear Channel, he was standing on a stage thanking them for their relationship. So what are you talking about?

That relationship was for "what can I give" that never did anything. and after that we all know what happened for the next 2 years. I am not being critical. I am stating the facts. Pop radio will not play Michael Jackson. Mike might get love from r&b if the music is good and soulful, but other than that I don't see it happening.

Michael's been getting negative press since 1984. He'll be successful. He's not a normal music star. He created the industry you see today, basically. And I think you're underestimating the power of curiosity. People are going to want to hear Michael just based off of their desire to know what he can do now.

ok..whatever you say. I'm hoping for the best

Oh yeah, Paul Grein's weekly Billboard columns are a nice read. He always does a nice write up about Thriller 25. So major props to him. And I agree with everything else you said. All this love he's getting from today's acts is such a great thing to see. And with so many people getting success from it, expect for more acts to do it and also expect for more people to do MJ related commercials. :D It's because of these things, you can't overdo the negativity.

:yes: :yes: That's why I believe Angie that Mike can have a no.1 album and no.1 song i don't know about 5 no.1 songs LMAO! but certaintly if you have non fans buying T25 weekly a album that everybody and their mama suppose to already have then certaintly he can sell a new album well with the right team. People have to understand that Thriller 25 is obviously being sold to a generation that weren't around during Thriller mania and are discovering him for the first time, I don't know if most here are aware but both Michael's and Chris Cornell's versions of Billie Jean reentered the charts last week due to strong downloads, guess who's version sold more? yep it was the ORGINAL so don't tell me kaymon that people aren't willing to buy Michael's music even with all of the idiot press trying to play up this Chris vs David vs Michael mess people still curiously bout the original version over Cornell's.

That relationship was for "what can I give" that never did anything. and after that we all know what happened for the next 2 years. I am not being critical. I am stating the facts. Pop radio will not play Michael Jackson. Mike might get love from r&b if the music is good and soulful, but other than that I don't see it happening.

If u know what happened for the next 2 years then how do u knwo that relationship didn't do anything?

last time i checked clear channel had MJ's back with WMCIG and such. Maybeee things have changed, maybe not. We won't know until stuff goes down...so until then there's no need to assume the worst.

You are remembering the same thing I remember. I remember seeing Michael on a stage somewheres thanking Clear Channel.

You do not know what Pop Radio is gonna do.

You are the master of negativity. The King Of Negativity.

Hope, you really do spring eternal!

This is the exact point I am trying to make. And that is that Michael's situation is not as dire as some of his most negative fans like to proclaim. Negative fans don't even see the progress that Michael has already made even before the new album drops. And you can bet that when the new album does drop, the negative fans will be looking for the first thing that they can put a negative twist on and open up a thread about it. If Michae's new single is not played on radio every 5 minutes, they are gonna say it was a flop and not well received by radio.

ATLF, I agree with you and i just hope that this board doesn't get as spammed as some other boards cause you know it's coming :lol:

If u know what happened for the next 2 years then how do u knwo that relationship didn't do anything?

It didn't do anything for "what more can I give". That record did nothing saleswise or radio airplay wise. In addition to that Marc "the crook" Schaffel was associated with it, and we all know what he did to MJ. Besides charity songs don't do well on radio nowadays anyway.

Look, Michael almost lost his life and the fact that he's decided to continue in sharing his talents with a world which has treated him worse then dirt and absued him, I'm just grateful for the fact that he isn't broken to the point of hiding away forever. That should be enough for everyone. And don't forget, Michael loves it when people underestimate him, it just drives him harder.

You are remembering the same thing I remember. I remember seeing Michael on a stage somewheres thanking Clear Channel.

Yeah it was at the Radio City Music Awards 2003.

It didn't do anything for "what more can I give". That record did nothing saleswise or radio airplay wise. In addition to that Marc "the crook" Schaffel was associated with it, and we all know what he did to MJ. Besides charity songs don't do well on radio nowadays anyway.

The whole project went to the crapper because of the that Schaffel thing. MJ himself stopped promoting it. So how do u know what CC would have done? You don't.

Last edited:

You do not know what Pop Radio is gonna do.

You are the master of negativity. The King Of Negativity.

ok allthelovelyflowers, I'm done.. When the new music is released we'll come back to this conversation.

Yeah it was at the Radio City Music Awards 2003.

The whole project went to the crapper because of the that Schaffel thing. MJ himself stopped promoting it. So how do u know what CC would have done? You don't.

2 months after the appearance, the whole mess went down with the Arvizos and the arrest. That whole period was just horrible for Michael.

Last edited:
2 months after the appearance, the whole mess went down with the Arvizos.

right. thank you.

So the project was scrapped. CC didn't have a CHANCE to do what they were going to do with MJ. If the project wasn't scrapped MJ would've been out talking about WMCIG instead of moving on with OMC/Number Ones. Or maybe he would have been doing WMCIG AND the other stuff. But nothing was heard from it again.

Last edited:
right. thank you.

So the project was scrapped. CC didn't have a CHANCE to do what they were going to do with MJ.

that song wasn't that good anyway. Way too cheesy. Charity songs didn't sell in 2003. That stuff is so 1980's

that song wasn't that good anyway. Way too cheesy. Charity songs didn't sell in 2003. That stuff is so 1980's

whaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :rolleyes:

pffftttt tell that to Justin timberlake and Will I AM (Where Is The Love) that came out not too long prior i believe. There have been plenty of charity singles that have done well since the 80s...get outta here.

Last edited:
Back