Weekend News Bytes for April 4-6, 2008 (update for April 6 on post #49)

so according to Norm, Michael is still in Vegas? I wish someone would see Michael coming in and out of a music studio with some producers or something. I think that will at least give the fans some sort of hope that he's working.

I bet you really meant that....you would get some sort of hope that Mike's working on an album!....:wacko:

who knew jaydom7 and kaymon where one and the same?.....that explains so much!

I bet you really meant that....you would get some sort of hope that Mike's working on an album!....:wacko:

who knew jaydom7 and kaymon where one and the same?.....that explains so much!

everyone knows except for you :lol: anyhow wouldn't you think it would be a good idea for a pic of Mike walking in a studio be promising?

Thanks for the news.

Some of you people need to stop reading what kaymon/jaydom says. That person brings nothing but negativity. That person does not care to understand that MJ is doing a new CD and does not need to tell peeps everytime what he is doing.

I think it would be a good idea, Kaydom, if you just leave and never post on MJ boards again.

Good to see that MJ is out and about in Vegas. Looks like those suppose "sightings" at NL could be MJ trying to get things out of the place.

And it seems like a lot of people are doing the Thriller dance for charity. It is great to see that MJ's music still keeps going and people are still loving it.

Linda74: thanks; please check also retail sales estimations in UK for "Thriller 25" to date.

Re: Weekend News Bytes for April 4-6, 2008 (update for April 5 on post #18)

Originally Posted by cinderella
Alicia Keys?????:huh:
Apparently this journalist didn't do their research correctly whenever they were working on this story. The only female in the Thriller 25 Remix songs is Fergie.

Last edited:

Nobody will be beating Mariah's record anytime soon. Also, Madonna may tie MJ for 13 number ones with her new song.

ummm?? Mariah has 18 #1's if I am not mistaken.. and Michael has 17 (including J5)..so I wouldn't be so sure about that record not being broken...

:yes: :yes: totally agree serendipity, also Rasta I don't think MJ is that driven by breaking records anymore, i mean someone like Madonna has put out twice as many albums and Prince 4 times as many in the last 26 years, I think Michael really wanted to have the best selling album and that's his forever nobody is going to ever beat that, I think if he was driven to compete with Mariah and Madge he'd put out more albums instead of only 5 since 1979 studio albums.

the record is the most #1's (Mariah).. Michael only has to do 2more #1's to beat her...even with ..the few albums he has released...

I understand what you are saying.. but Michael could beat that record..without doing ..anything else.. extra...

so according to Norm, Michael is still in Vegas? I wish someone would see Michael coming in and out of a music studio with some producers or something. I think that will at least give the fans some sort of hope that he's working.

there will be no such picture.. Michael retired Feb13, 2008 and is living in Blue Moutain in Jamaica.. smoking cali-weed with the Rastas...

Let's see.. Keisha Cole, Mary J and JayZ are always in the studio.. and releasing album after album.. maybe you can focus on them now...

Stop being so negative people. Michael got a top ten with "You Rock My World", and that was without any radio play hardly. Stop trippin. And in the end, who really cares. I'm just glad Elvis got bumped off by somebody, lol. Michael woulda done it a long time ago if he released more albums. But he's a quality over quantity kinda guy, which speaks to his true artistry.

I am so glad you said this girl, cause I was just thinking about You Rock My World and how well it charted with no promo. Do you remember what position it charted at? Was it number 10? And what about Butterflies....do you remember where it charted?

Last edited:

Apparently this journalist didn't do their research correctly whenever they were working on this story. The only female in the Thriller 25 Remix songs is Fergie.
yeah, thanks Dorothy...

but for me it's just an example (small but still) of the journlism's unreliability.....

Well, I got the answer to my question...

Butterflies reached #14

You Rock My World reached #10

Not bad for singles that didn't get hardly any promotion.

So I think that if the music is good and the promo is tight, Michael will certainly get himself a few #1s off of this new album.

the record is the most #1's (Mariah).. Michael only has to do 2more #1's to beat her...even with ..the few albums he has released...

I understand what you are saying.. but Michael could beat that record..without doing ..anything else.. extra...

Rasta, Michael only has 13 number ones, Mariah has 18, I seriously doubt he will catch her unless he just flat out is desiring of it, Mariah releases albums constantly whereas Mike seems to be just content with what he has achieved and isn't obsessed with piling up a bunch of no.1s.

Last edited:
I agree with Hope, but if this next album is good and the excitement for his music escalates, he may be able to pull out 5 number ones. Who knows with the way folks are greatly anticipating this music. And what is good on the radio now....nothing. So what DJ would not play Michael Jackson's music over what is out there now?

And I know the DJs are waiting because everytime NeYo, Will or anybody gets on the radio, the DJ asks them about Michael's new music.

ummm?? Mariah has 18 #1's if I am not mistaken.. and Michael has 17 (including J5)..so I wouldn't be so sure about that record not being broken...

Billboard doesn't count the J5 songs, they are counted separately. So he only has 13 number ones.

I agree with Hope, but if this next album is good and the excitement for his music escalates, he may be able to pull out 5 number ones. Who knows with the way folks are greatly anticipating this music. And what is good on the radio now....nothing. So what DJ would not play Michael Jackson's music over what is out there now?

And I know the DJs are waiting because everytime NeYo, Will or anybody gets on the radio, the DJ asks them about Michael's new music.

5 number ones is not even realistic, people, come on. He'd be lucky to get one (if he releases that album at all). Even Mariah with her monster comeback only managed two. And you know MJ isn't even going to do half the promo she did.

Billboard doesn't count the J5 songs, they are counted separately. So he only has 13 number ones.

5 number ones is not even realistic, people, come on. He'd be lucky to get one (if he releases that album at all). Even Mariah with her monster comeback only managed two. And you know MJ isn't even going to do half the promo she did.

Thank you serendipity I wish people realize Michael is not 25, 30, not even 35 anymore he will be at least 50 plus by the time his new album comes out and clearly he isn't as passionate and he shouldn't have to compete with folks young enough to be his children. Instead he should be able to look back at his legacy and just enjoy what he has done. I'll be happy if he even releases another new album and perhaps tour if more comes then it'll be icing on the cake.

kaymon, sometimes u need to take ur own advice and just talk to yourself instead of posting it online. go back to the dungeon....at least there u have a whole thread devoted to your questions.

as for newton, his house is bomb! lol it's very neverland-esque he calls in Shenandoah and it's sprawling!

and sightings of mj at the ranch? if he wanted to move things in and out, he'd hire people to do so. i don't see him making midnight runs to the ranch b/c he misses his favorite cup and his throne chair.

Well, I got the answer to my question...

Butterflies reached #14

You Rock My World reached #10

Not bad for singles that didn't get hardly any promotion.

So I think that if the music is good and the promo is tight, Michael will certainly get himself a few #1s off of this new album.

Exactly. Michael attains the success without any promotion that most artists only dream of, so I don't understand this jacked up mentality that Michael isn't capable of getting a number one record anymore.

Exactly. Michael attains the success without any promotion that most artists only dream of, so I don't understand this jacked up mentality that Michael isn't capable of getting a number one record anymore.

getting a number 1 record in America basically consists of radio airplay especially pop radio. Do you think Pop radio will play Michael's new music? They have ignored Janet Jackson totally with her last 3 albums and that's why they've flopped

Jaydom, it is not radio that sunk Janet. It is the fact that her fan base is not happy with her oversexed style.

And I can't wait til Michael releases his new album and proves all his critics and some of his fans wrong.

getting a number 1 record in America basically consists of radio airplay especially pop radio. Do you think Pop radio will play Michael's new music? They have ignored Janet Jackson totally with her last 3 albums and that's why they've flopped

Michael isn't Janet. Michael is the most talented artist in the world and that makes him unique. His last album wasn't a flop, and he hasn't released anything but a hit since "Off The Wall". People are highly anticipating this new album, it's generating interest, based not only on fan interest, but just interest from the general public wanting to see what he can do after everything that's happened.

Jaydom, it is not radio that sunk Janet. It is the fact that her fan base is not happy with her oversexed style.

Nah, radio has hurt Janet bigtime. Having radio behind their singles is what has gotten Mariah and Madona's singles to #1 and #3. Feedback has done too well in other areas like intunes to say her fans aren't happy. Of course there are other things that's hurting her like lack of promotion, but you're living in la la land if you don't think her lack of airplay has hurt her too.

People are highly anticipating this new album, it's generating interest, based not only on fan interest, but just interest from the general public

I've really only heard the fans talking about Michael's new music. I doubt if the general public is even aware. They probably think Thriller 25 is his new album. But anyway my point is that Pop radio plays a major role on how well an artist does. If pop radio refuses to play an artist's new single, it will be dead on arrival usually. I'm not sure how pop radio feels about MJ at this point. They didn't play Invincible at all and I still don't see them embracing Michael during his latest comeback

Nah, radio has hurt Janet bigtime. Having radio behind their singles is what has gotten Mariah and Madona's singles to #1 and #3. Feedback has done too well in other areas like intunes to say her fans aren't happy. Of course there are other things that's hurting her like lack of promotion, but you're living in la la land if you don't think her lack of airplay has hurt her too.

AngieJ is right, i mean i've heard Feedback and Luv less than 10 times on the biggest urban station here where i live in the US, so clearly the backlash against Janet is still there, as to how things will be for Mike we don't know yet during the Vince era it was the Motolla wars but clearly with that scumbag gone and SONY doing a great job with promoting T25, if Mike does realign with them perhaps the outcome could be different. While Vince wasn't as good as his prior albums, there is no denying had proper promo been in effect singles like Butterflies, BOD, and WH probably would have gone top 5 pop and maybe no.1. no matter how much we may not want to think about it even in the age of downloading you need the radio play to go along with it.

Michael isn't Janet. Michael is the most talented artist in the world and that makes him unique. His last album wasn't a flop, and he hasn't released anything but a hit since "Off The Wall". People are highly anticipating this new album, it's generating interest, based not only on fan interest, but just interest from the general public wanting to see what he can do after everything that's happened.

PREACH! This is what I'm talkin about!

Fans are whining about Michael taking so long, but I think that Michael knows the power of ANTICIPATION. He knows the power of HIGH EXPECTATION. If you want to call it a COMEBACK, then Michael knows very well that after all he has been through, everybody and their momma is gonna wanna see how the biggest entertainer on the planet does a come back. That is why all eyes are looking for him. He knows this, people! So Michael is gonna come back in a huge way. And I believe that he is in talks with folks right now about how his first appearance is gonna go down.

I am telling yall, it is gonna be HUGE.

Forget the first single....Michael's sheer comeback is gonna be so damn huge, THE MEDIA WILL BE PROMOTING MICHAEL! Just like they did when he released the Thriller video. There aint one medium that is gonna be able to ignore this man. And I personally do not believe that Michael is gonna depend solely on radio airplay. Michael is gonna present himself and his first single via tv where everybody can see him and you don't get better promotion than that for a new single.

Back