Wembley DVD content - discuss Michael, his concert and performance ONLY [discussion ]

Re: BAD 25 CD Live songs Wembley Stadium July 16, 1988 [Discussion thread]

That sounds amazing! The best live Billie Jean that I have heard. Only few days to Bad 25! Can't wait!

Re: Wembley DVD content - discuss Michael, his concert and performances ONLY [Preview Vids]

Can't wait to see Billie Jean performance!

Awesome Billie jean live - OMG tears - I swear this release is making me so emotional :cry:

Oh my god...this sound Victory Tour style....

That is one mean Billie Jean:chillin: the best:clapping:

GREAT !!!!

Love this version!

So far EVERYTHING has been perfect with the BAD25 campaign!

Actually only negative thing is the lack of promotion!

have all the live songs leaked??

WOW!!! The bass of "Working Day and Night" is awesome and the sound of "BAD" ... great!

WOW the bass on SMOOTH CRIMINAL!

Man in The Mirror...................goosebumbs !!

Re: BAD 25 CD Live songs Wembley Stadium July 16, 1988 /Snippets [Discussion thread]

WOW WOW!!! Sound quality is just amazing!!! So happy, waited for such a long time for this!!!! And loving Thriller!!!

Re: BAD 25 MJ Demo's unreleased, unheard studio songs /Snippets

I had to listen... And I just finished the first unheard song: I'm So Blue (which I thought was Free while hearing it)...

I am seriously almost in tears and I'm a dude. It's so beautiful and real. Oh man, what a moment.

Re: BAD 25 MJ Demo's unreleased, unheard studio songs /Snippets

Am loving Al Capone, which is the only song I've heard in it's entirity so far. Want to save the rest for the albums release.

I just love those verses on Al Capone. "Why did'ya let him get away / After the staring whatchoo say..." - so cool! Nobody can do percussive singing like MJ!

Re: BAD 25 CD Live songs Wembley Stadium July 16, 1988 /Snippets [Discussion thread]

How does it sound ??!! I am not listening to the snippets from the DVD i have waited to long for this! Can't waaait! The day is almost here! :D

Great!

Sounds so amazing!

Re: Snippets from every unheard demo/songs

This is so great! I just love these news songs!

I have to say DBMA is the weakest of the new songs. .

I have been very strong and have not listened to any snippet. I want it to be very special the first time I hear these. But just reading this quote about DBMA makes me shiver with excitement. I LOVE DBMA. I listen to it every day and it makes me want to move, lol, and I realize full well it is a demo ha ha. Soooo, I just CANNOT WAIT to listen to these new songs!!:wild:

I have been very strong and have not listened to any snippet. I want it to be very special the first time I hear these. But just reading this quote about DBMA makes me shiver with excitement. I LOVE DBMA. I listen to it every day and it makes me want to move, lol, and I realize full well it is a demo ha ha. Soooo, I just CANNOT WAIT to listen to these new songs!!:wild:

If DBMA makes you wanna move, just WAIT til you hear Al Capone! :wild: Apparently, Abortion Papers as well, but I haven't listened to that one yet...

Re: BAD 25 MJ Demo's unreleased and unheard studio songs [Discussion thread]

I agree that DBMA is the weakest from Bad 25 and that The Girl Is Mine was the weakest from Thriller, but I don't agree that IJCSLY was the weakest from Bad.
Agree

I have to say it would be disappointing if Michael took a stance *against* abortion in that song. He might've been religious but he was so openminded about everything...

I'm not religious and I'm not anti-abortion (though this is a very complex matter) but I am not surprised if Michael took a stance against abortion. Part of it may be because of religious reasons, but part of it is because he loved children so much. (Not saying that whoever chooses abortion doesn't love children.) There are different views on it and it's still a difficult and controversial subject. As far as I'm concerned Michael is entitled to his opinion, even if it's not the same opinion as mine.

I would not be disappointed in Michael if his views were against abortion. Those are his views and we should accept ppl's views on difficult issues. Let's not forget Michael was deeply religious- he was raised Jehovah's witness. I know later on he decided to part with that religion, but he could still have strong beliefs based on his previous religion. I'm pro-choice but also against abortion. It is a complicated subject, but there have been times, and I've personally have seen it with friends, where they abort simply as a way of contraception which I personally feel is wrong.
Anyway, I think overall from what little I know of Michael and just listening to his lyrics on some of his songs, I'd say Michael if anything was pretty conservative in the romantic area, and who knows maybe in this "abortion" issue. He did love and respect children so maybe for him abortion was not a good thing? Again I am just putting my two cents in.

I doubt anyone would fault Michael or attack him for his views if those are what this song is about (against abortion). There are plenty of ppl out there that would applaud him for his views on this.

[
Put's me more at ease with Michael's intentions, doesn't change my worry for the potential way the song will be interpreted by the wider world, but i'd forgot this bit of background on the song :) I get the vibe he's against it himself as many here have said, but if the context of the song's character is made clear to the listener, for me personally i won't find the lyrics so much of a problem of my own enjoyment of the song, but if i feel to much it's Michael's views really in disguise, i'll find it harder to enjoy lyrically, but will still probably dig the groove. This is an interesting debate, looking forward to hearing the full lyrics.

Honestly, imo the last thing the world would ever do is criticize Michael on this subject. Remember Michael was attacked as being well, I'm not going to write those words here but you know, the ones with the "w's and "bizarre" and so forth. This song makes him more, well, normal for the outside world, imo.

Musically and lyrically this controversial song gives him more cred as a musician and lyricist. We all know he is a musical genius, but also remember there are quite a few critics that always thought Michael created "fluff" especially after Thriller. This song (and I'm basing this on comments on this thread, because I have not heard it yet) sounds very powerful in its message which is a GOOD THING for his legacy. :D

[

Honestly, imo the last thing the world would ever do is criticize Michael on this subject. Remember Michael was attacked as being well, I'm not going to write those words here but you know, the ones with the "w's and "bizarre" and so forth. This song makes him more, well, normal for the outside world, imo.

Musically and lyrically this controversial song gives him more cred as a musician and lyricist. We all know he is a musical genius, but also remember there are quite a few critics that always thought Michael created "fluff" especially after Thriller. This song (and I'm basing this on comments on this thread, because I have not heard it yet) sounds very powerful in its message which is a GOOD THING for his legacy. :D

Ah it's ok, heard the full song now, and i'm not too worried :) Critics always spoke the biggest load of shite when it came to MJ anyway

Dirty Diana!

Re: BAD 25 Demo's unreleased, unheard Studio songs Discussion [previews added]

I don't want to be misinterpreted though. It's a tough subject and when I try to understand the song it seems Michael tried to cover exactly the fact that it is such a difficult subject. I just wanted to say that I would find it just that tiny little less pleasant to listen to this song if it did not corroborate with my personal beliefs. That's pretty logical and everyone does it, but it doesn't usually happen with Michael. That's all. :)

I wish the synths for DIRTY DIANA were louder (like in the MSG performance clip thats been around forever).
But being 5.1, maybe I can make that louder if it's isolated enough from the drums/vocals.

Other than that, sounds great!

I wish the synths for DIRTY DIANA were louder (like in the MSG performance clip thats been around forever).
But being 5.1, maybe I can make that louder if it's isolated enough from the drums/vocals.

Other than that, sounds great!

That quality of the clips aren't great. Will be much better on the DVD and the official CD.

Yeah, the quality sucks on the site, but the volume of the synthy part is probably the same.
Also, the "alarm" noise on Heartbreak Hotel is low in the mix too.
Rly can't wait to hear all this next week!

I friggin love this LIVE CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I LOVE DBMA. I listen to it every day and it makes me want to move, lol.

I haven't listened to any FULL song other than I'm So Blue, but if you love Don't Be Messin', you'll flip over Al Capone and Abortion Papers! I'm So Blue is one of the most beautiful ballads Michael's ever done, Free is mid-tempo and filled with emotion, and Price of Fame is dark but catchy. GREAT compilation.

Back