What Michael Means to each of us...

To sum it up shortly, I feel that God gave me Michael Jackson in a way to stay away from the temptations of the world.. living in the world of art instead of the sad world as we know it..

That's how I feel too. Michael gives me hope that this world can be better. And he lives his life by that example. Been a fan since I was 6/diehard & never ending since 8. Michael means everything to me :D Can't imagine my life without him in it :)

I became an MJ fan at 3 years old.. (1988) I was drawn to the moonwalker cover in the store.0 (it started it all) At the age of 5 I moved to another country, taken away from everyone and everything I knew. MICHAEL JACKSON was the onlything I could take with me, (Aside from my mother and brother).. He was my connection to the life I knew, the family I missed, the things I become to love. Within that time I grew to love the family I met and lived with there, created new memories. Many of which surrounded Michael jackson. 2.5 years later, I moved back to the U.S. 1993. Leaving family in that country that I grew to love once again. What could I bring with me as a piece of memory? MICHAEL.. When I came back, not too much longer after the 1993 allegations hit. I was 8, I understood the claimes, but I just KNEW he could not do that. From then on, I moved several times, around the states. To this date I am 22 years old and have lived in over 25 homes. Aside from my imediate family, Michael Jackson was the onlything that stayed with me my whole life.

Because of my love for Michael and my love for art (inspired from Michael) I spent a lot of time by myself.. Instead of going out and partying, I stayed home and practiced my dance.. Instead of getting into what others around me were (DRUGS and SEX) I danced..

To sum it up shortly, I feel that God gave me Michael Jackson in a way to stay away from the temptations of the world.. living in the world of art instead of the sad world as we know it..

that was just a fast type up..
Thanks, Kopv. You brought tears to my eyes. I truly believe that these types of stories are what we should be posting to those idiots who write offensive articles about MJ. Let them sit down and read what and how MJ has touched the lives of young people in a positive way. Let us see if they dear to write such offensive articles again.:)

Michael Jackson is amazing in every way he stands for what this world needs he's more than an entertainer he's a human being and I Love Him soooo Much

that was beautiful and inspirational, KOPV
you seem a wise and sane guy:)

All of your stories are amazing and very touching!

I don't have any special moment that stuck with me. I do remember being 5 years old and making all my friends watch Moonwalker. (a few girls hated it, but some liked it, most couldn't pay attention to the tv that long). I also remember searching channels like MTV and VH1 for Michael's videos. At that time it was only Black or White, or Scream that ever came on. I would search and search for hours just to see a Michael Jackson video on tv. I'd watch Bucharest on tv, but my parents never bought me any of the albums. I don't think they ever liked that I loved his music.

Nowadays, I have a younger sister who is 10yrs old. I have made her a "believer", if you will, in Michaels music. She, in turn, has also converted out little cousins! Im at college now, a music ed. major, so I have gotten many chances to showcase Michaels music here. And people are starting to look at him differently now...thanks to me.

I get more joy from spreading his music to others than listening to it myself sometimes. I honestly do. I like seeing the reaction on people's faces when their watching one of his short films.

He is the perfect example of perseverance. He's gone through hell and back, and came out clean on the other side. There is only a handful of celebrities who can set an example like that.

In plain terms.....the dude means a lot to me.

All of your stories are amazing and very touching!

I don't have any special moment that stuck with me. I do remember being 5 years old and making all my friends watch Moonwalker. (a few girls hated it, but some liked it, most couldn't pay attention to the tv that long). I also remember searching channels like MTV and VH1 for Michael's videos. At that time it was only Black or White, or Scream that ever came on. I would search and search for hours just to see a Michael Jackson video on tv. I'd watch Bucharest on tv, but my parents never bought me any of the albums. I don't think they ever liked that I loved his music.

Nowadays, I have a younger sister who is 10yrs old. I have made her a "believer", if you will, in Michaels music. She, in turn, has also converted out little cousins! Im at college now, a music ed. major, so I have gotten many chances to showcase Michaels music here. And people are starting to look at him differently now...thanks to me.

I get more joy from spreading his music to others than listening to it myself sometimes. I honestly do. I like seeing the reaction on people's faces when their watching one of his short films.

He is the perfect example of perseverance. He's gone through hell and back, and came out clean on the other side. There is only a handful of celebrities who can set an example like that.

In plain terms.....the dude means a lot to me.
wow, that was something , Ivory:D

That's one of the best parts isn't it, I'm always trying to get people to see the real Michael through vids and stuff, it feel so great when they look at it and go Wow, when you can see the message is getting across.

Last edited:
This is a fantastic thread. It's comforting to me somehow, to hear how highly everyone else thinks of MJ, and how inspired they are by him. It's great to have someone who inspires us in our lives; it appears to make us better people, I think.

If one looks at all the great artists, they were all inspired and/or influenced by other artists; it's the evolution of art and culture, and the sky's the limit! Although I must admit; the pinnacle has already been hit by MJ, and I don't foresee anyone else being able to reach the same heights. Just my opinion though.

Just great to read everyone else's story. Like KOPV has said earlier in the thread, and like most of you, I could go on for ages about MJ, and tell my story, but that would take up pages. So in summation, as an example of all of the following, he means the following to me (in no particular order, and off the top of my head)-

Excellence
Perseverance
Dedication
Strength of character
Beauty (inside and out)
Depth
Charm
Charisma
Inventiveness
Originality
Intelligence
Brilliance
Creativity
Warmth
Humor
Sensitivity
Grace

There are others I'm forgetting ATM; peeps can always add those too. :)

That's beautiful, honestly I can almost feel tears building up just reading those words and how they represent the man we love.

Well I could never put it into words really or express in words just how much him and his music mean to me, but I'll just say that it's been quite a journey being a fan. It truly has been the worst of times and the best of times, but Michael is much more than just some "pop star" for me. I've loved him since I was a kid and have never felt this way about another entertainer in my life.

If I am ever fortunate enough to meet Michael one day though I would just like to thank him for sharing his extraordinary talent with the world. He's touched so many with his music and his music has gotten me through a lot and for that I will forever be thankful for him and his music and will always be a fan. I didn't know how much I cared about him though until the day of the verdict. I felt like it was my own family member or close friend on trial. I was nervous the whole day for him and was crying when they were about the verdict and then I actually cried tears of joy when he was acquitted. I didn't know you could even actually could care about someone that much that you didn't even know personally, but it was at that exact moment that I realized how much he meant to me.

Just a thought. You know when we get angry about these rude articles in the media. Could we put thesetogether in a package or something and send them off to these people who write the articles to let them know why we love the man. Just a thought. We have never done it this way before.

You guys are really sweet.. thanks for your kind words.. I did not go into major detale etc. I was at work on a computer I am not allowed to be on.. ;)

You know Michael has been a very positive thing in my life, sometimes too much.. When I tend to be interested in things I am pretty compulsive. I had a pretty rough upbringing (had great times too.. I'm blessed) but Michael became my excape. my drug.. Which was mostly good, I did not get into what others were. My wife is still suprised that I never fell into the worlds temptations knowing my surroundings. I have been around abusers, alcoholics, drug lords, and some large criminals in america.. MY grandfather was close to the mafia, had many different bad things about him.. My father was, well.. I wont get into that one. lol!, my aunt married what I believe is probably a pretty big criminal. (he does it for a living), a cousin (my childhood best friend) in jail for murder. (IDK if he really did it). Another cousin in jail from a drug deal gone bad.. The list goes on..

I am the first male in the family to never have touched drugs and get into that life style.. Even my brother has fell prey to the temptations of the world. I have been BLESSED..

I do think if I did not have Michael. (considering I was not allowed to go to church) It was forbidden. My mother 'christian', my father 'muslim'. Both believers but not fallowers in there beleifes. They just kept God (SOMEWHAT) out of my life, more of a secular idea of God.. So God gave me something (MICHAEL). GOd worked through Michael to hold me clean, untill God could get his hands on me.

Michael did become an addiction though, some negitive things have happened.. But that's a different story for a different time..

Michael just means a lot to me..

Last edited:
You guys are really sweet.. thanks for your kind words.. I did not go into major detale etc. I was at work on a computer I am not allowed to be on.. ;)

You know Michael has been a very positive thing in my life, sometimes too much.. When I tend to be interested in things I am pretty compulsive. I had a pretty rough upbringing (had great times too.. I'm blessed) but Michael became my excape. my drug.. Which was mostly good, I did not get into what others were. My wife is still suprised that I never fell into the worlds temptations knowing my surroundings. I have been around abusers, alcoholics, drug lords, and some large criminals in america.. MY grandfather was close to the mafia, had many different bad things about him.. My father was, well.. I wont get into that one. lol!, my aunt married what I believe is probably a pretty big criminal. (he does it for a living), a cousin (my childhood best friend) in jail for murder. (IDK if he really did it). Another cousin in jail from a drug deal gone bad.. The list goes on..

I am the first male in the family to never have touched drugs and get into that life style.. Even my brother has fell prey to the temptations of the world. I have been BLESSED..

I do think if I did not have Michael. (considering I was not allowed to go to church) It was forbidden. My mother 'christian', my father 'muslim'. Both believers but not fallowers in there beleifes. They just kept God (SOMEWHAT) out of my life, more of a secular idea of God.. So God gave me something (MICHAEL). GOd worked through Michael to hold me clean, untill God could get his hands on me.

Michael did become an addiction though, some negitive things have happened.. But that's a different story for a different time..

Michael just means a lot to me..

That's really beautiful, it's so amazing to see how someone who's been so far away from us phisically has truly been the one closest to our hearts.

Something happened to me today, I won't go into detail, but I had a very bad experience with someone I love very much treating me like crap...I started crying and crying and as soon as I held to my copy of an MJ book I started remembering that he's always been there for me. I really can't explain the feelling, but it just picked me up and made me feel everything was going to be OK, I held it close and felt better immediately.

You guys rock my socks. Really. :D

It's so awesome to talk with people who are so caring and supportive of MJ and all the other fans here. :flowers:

Something happened to me today, I won't go into detail, but I had a very bad experience with someone I love very much treating me like crap...I started crying and crying and as soon as I held to my copy of an MJ book I started remembering that he's always been there for me. I really can't explain the feelling, but it just picked me up and made me feel everything was going to be OK, I held it close and felt better immediately.
Aw, that's sad daphni :(; hope MJ's book is still making you feel better :) ...

He Is My Idol, My Icon.... he basically makes up as an extended member of my family . I love his so much, his music and his person .... i am fascinated by this enigma that constantly surprises me giving me so much emotion. Making me laugh me cry, giving me passion and shouldering my grief. This is why i am a fan :)

Michael Jackson .... what else would you want ?

WELL ITS REALLY REALLY HARD TO PUT IT IN A NUT SHELL!!
But @ first it was love at the first sight!! I was only 10 I fell in love with his music,dancing,his style just his everything but I knew in my heart that he was a good man and he got a blessed soul and I believed in him with out knowing any words that he said or sang...then thanx to INTERNET I could get all the infos I needed of Michael and that who he really is and what his thoughts are!! so now!! I find myself as a lover a true lover and supporter that is in love with a man named Michael Jackson :wub: who is also! the greatest entertainer the world has ever seen!!!!
I am really very deeply sensitive to Michael!! and when ppl say lies about him it really hurts me! it does! it makes me cry and wounded inside!! but as the time passes by I admit I've learned to be stronger but still their untrue words toward him hurt me.

He Is My Idol, My Icon.... he basically makes up as an extended member of my family . I love his so much, his music and his person .... i am fascinated by this enigma that constantly surprises me giving me so much emotion. Making me laugh me cry, giving me passion and shouldering my grief. This is why i am a fan :)

Michael Jackson .... what else would you want ?
He touches everyone that way, I believe.:D

Some of you really shared very touching stories... I'm so happy that this community exist because Mike deserves this kind of attention... LOVE

I could write a book about it but I'll try to keep it short and sweet.
I fell in love with Michael when I was 10! He looked so cute in the Beat it vid! Over the years, Michael has become my brother, my best friend! No other men can sooth me like Michael does! When you need him, he's always there for you with his angel voice, his magical moves, his wise words, his radiant aura! When you grow up and face disapointments and boys hurting you, you can always fall back on Michael! He's the ONE sure thing in your life! When you have a bad day, it only takes his smile to brighten up your day! Michael is God send! I thank him every day for what he does for me! Thanks to Michael I have a whole MJ family! Thanks to Michael I blossomed open! Michael isn't just an idol or an artist I love. He's one of my hero's as he has such a wonderful personality! So caring! I love Michael with all my heart!

Back