What was it that Michael would yell to his band?

lol mystery solved! lol you are not alone isnt really a party song hahah random time to say it haha

i have a answer, if someone speaks german
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QezDVApctao
goto 4:50, he will shout it
and in subtitles it says " feesten."

Nooo:lmao: hahah amazing!! Feesten DOES mean party! haha thanks for postin up! It's in Dutch btw, don't remember if Germans say that too :p.
LOLLL! Yeah ofcourse, that was it! I remember seeing that subtitle and burst out in laughing...it's so hilarious seeing such a stupid translation. :hysterical:

Just love the way he says 'partaaay'!

So much for Siedah. Though I'm sure she would have got a good chuckle out of this, just like us.
Now that the riddle is solved ... PAR-TAY! :D

Okay, I was all set to post a reply saying there's no way he's yelling "PARTAAAY" during YANA, but it really does sound like it, haha!

I always thought it was "but HEY" or "but HO!"

I don't think it's "PARTAY" every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GN6kgYMrXI

1:38 - sounds like PARTAAY
1:44 - sounds like BLAAAAY
3:25 - definitely sounds like "and when the groove is dead and gone - but HO! - you know that love survives

Wasn't the cameraman for the Bad tour named "Pecky"?
Maybe sometimes that's what he was shouting?

I noticed during victory tour heartbreak hotel that he would always run to where one of the guitarists were standing and sing that.... maybe it's the name of the guitarist?

lol, I was just about to post the Rock with you vid. :yes:

ummm, 'party'??? Maybe nobody told Michael that it really means party, lol.
cause YANA aint no party song!
...but RWY is!!! :punk:

If he is saying party then that is one of the ODDEST pronunciations of that word ive ever heard hahah.

Lmao, so it really was "party" :lol:

Another mystery in the "Jacksonese Dictionary" solved :lol:

Doesn't he say "Pan Tau"?! LOLOL. :lmao:

I'll explain... my husband is German and so when he was a kid he often watched this Czech-produced kids show on German TV. In it there's this adult male character called Pan Tau who has a magic hat and adults can't see him. He plays little jokes, makes the kids laugh, helps them out when if they're having problems, etc (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Tau). So we always joke that MJ is yelling "Pan Tau!!!", lol.

Or are we talking about the parts when it sounds like he yells "party"? Well, at some points he yells what sounds like "Pan Tau"...

This is really getting on my nerves now haha
'Cause sometimes it sounds like "PARTY" and then a complete other thing!

If you're talking about what I think you're talkin about, I used to think it was 'partay' but I think he does it on the MTV VMA performance and i had the subtitles on the History dvd and it said what it was..and it was NOT party. I've forgot now though! Maybe when my mum goes to bed I'll put the dvd on and see.

I think it's not par-TAY, I think it's some code word for the band. Notice when he says it each time, an abrupt new change comes in.

Remember the controversy behind the "Shamone" back when he started saying that? Everybody thought it was a specific girl he was calling out, and it was Michael ad-libbing "c-mon."

So anything's possible.

SHAMONE & PAR-TAAAAY!

Did Michael invent the word Shamone/Cha'mone? I feel silly asking, but did he? Cuz people use it like it has an actual meaning vs being an mj 'noise'/made up word.

If you're talking about what I think you're talkin about, I used to think it was 'partay' but I think he does it on the MTV VMA performance and i had the subtitles on the History dvd and it said what it was..and it was NOT party. I've forgot now though! Maybe when my mum goes to bed I'll put the dvd on and see.

Im all giddy now! we might actually find out what hes saying!! :jumpy:

Ok i THINK i have an answer to the mystery yelling.

On the 1995 MTV video music awards performance on the History II dvd he says this thing that I think you're talking about whilst Slash is playing and the dvd subtitles say he is saying 'Got It!' ... I have no idea why he''d be saying that though, but thats what it says.

Have a listen to the performance.. is that the mystery sound you're talking about? That sounds like party?

Did Michael invent the word Shamone/Cha'mone? I feel silly asking, but did he? Cuz people use it like it has an actual meaning vs being an mj 'noise'/made up word.

Of course he did! When Bad came out, my friends and I were like "WTF did Michael say?"

I remember the rumor was it was a secret girlfriend - and then YEARS later we find out that Michael was ad libbing & it was "c'mon" but he was so much in the feeling he said it "shamone," and it sounded good to him so he kept going.

Lmao

hahaa

I think I might change my name..wonder how people would take it!
[edit:i'm joking by the way lol, just in case you thought I was a crazy person]

Last edited:
Ok i THINK i have an answer to the mystery yelling.

On the 1995 MTV video music awards performance on the History II dvd he says this thing that I think you're talking about whilst Slash is playing and the dvd subtitles say he is saying 'Got It!' ... I have no idea why he''d be saying that though, but thats what it says.

Have a listen to the performance.. is that the mystery sound you're talking about? That sounds like party?

...maybe... but oh man! "got it" doesn't make any sense either! :sigh:

Probably just another one of life's great mysteries! :sad2:

PLEASE I need someone to answer this question!! :lmao: Two pages and not ONE definitive answer! It's driving me crazy! LOL!

Back