What was it that Michael would yell to his band?

HOTEL

Proud Member
In much of the concert footage I've seen, Michael would turn to his band and yell what sounded like "Mah-tay". He does this during Another Part of Me and other songs especially during the BAD tour. It's not "Party". I can't figure this out. Have you guys ever heard this?

Yea i made a thread about this before. I always hear "MY TOE!!!!"

I have no idea what he is saying, idk mike is known for making up words lol.

Shamone!

Still waiting on the answer for this one... I remember reading the answer SOMEWHERE here on this board but it was when I first got here and didn't now what the hell they were referring too... I've seen so much tour footage since then and hear him say it all the time, he even does it in the Dangerous rehearsals, but i for the life of me can't remember where I saw that thread with the answer to this question...

i love when he does it lol especially when yana goes live during the HWT im always waiting for that part lol.

i think hes sayin bahto, my reasoning for this is cuz i was watching a victory tour performance of shake your body down and he was like "shake ya body, ya lovely body, shake yo bootay, ya bahto" n thats why lol

I thought he said "okay"..."oh-KAY"...:scratch: :lol:

MAYBE... this is what I'm thinking- he's saying something to the ppl in their language??? Cause he does it at the beginning of RWY too. Maybe like, "sing along" or "get up" or "thank you" ??????

yeah I've heard him say it during victory tour as well... think it was during heartbreak hotel? But I have no idea what hes saying! Didn't really give it much thought until now..

Haha, I've been wondering about this one as well :D I hear something like: "Pah-tay!" :lol:
And he does it often too, kinda like a personal trademark, lol.

We could email Siedah or someone from the band :D

Haha, I've been wondering about this one as well :D I hear something like: "Pah-tay!" :lol:
And he does it often too, kinda like a personal trademark, lol.

Yes, I always thought it was the word "party" just pronounced "pah-taaay"

Lol, the world may never know!

I always thought he was saying oooookay!

Dear Siedah

It's driving us all nuts! What the H*** did Mike used to shout at you guys before shows? Okay? Party? My Toe?

Regards
Thoroughly confused MJJC members :D

I always thought he was saying Party or something but from now on, after reading your comments I'm always going to think he's shouting "MY TOE!" lol

maybe someone's name was patty or somethin xD. but really, TinnyandOdd you should email her that!:lol:

I LOVE that there are a million comments but NOT one answer! Someone HAS to know! :lol: I know I read it on here in a thread what seems like a million years ago. Someone has to know the answer. I imagine one of the collectors like MJ5 or Tad would know..

Nooo:lmao: hahah amazing!! Feesten DOES mean party! haha thanks for postin up! It's in Dutch btw, don't remember if Germans say that too :p.

Back