What was it that Michael would yell to his band?

I seriously think it's whenever he wants more volume on his mic, MJ says "THAT WORD" and whatever his instruction is, happens.

I think the speculation that makes the most sense in this thread is that it's a word used to communicate with the band.

But in that Yokohama performance of Rock With You, I really do think he's saying "but HO!"

it's bahto?... okay but why would he yell bahto? :scratch: ...

and why would he need a non understandable word to let the band know to change the music?

jeez! I have a feeling that my dying wish will be to find out what michael yelled and why! :sigh:

It's not "Party" or "Pah-Tay". It always starts with an "M". I always thought he was talking to a band member or maybe a crew member but could never find a name associated with that sound. I seriously doubt it was a directive to increase bass or volume or anything like that since he usually called it out at the same times during the same songs.

Subtitles on movies are often wrong so I wouldn't put any stock into someone guessing as to what he said and typing that as a subtitle.

I always said if I met MJ this is the first question I would ask him. Ha-Ha

I actually emailed Siedah about this :D and she sent this back

"I can settle this. I have the answer!

At the beginning of the shows on the "Dangerous
Tour," when MJ would speak to the audience,
for the first time, he would shout out,
"How ya doin?"

I know it sounds weird, because he would say it
like there was an "a" at the end of
those words, but no. There, mystery solved.

Pure love, no fillers!
Siedah Garrett"

Thank you, Siedah :D

thanks for posting that email. But that only explains what he said at the start of the show....he'd hardly be shouting "how ya doin" during YANA would he? I dunno...lol

I thought it was just a short saying for 'Everybody'.
...but then shortened to 'body'...then 'bah-tay!'.

..you know what, I'm just gonna shut up now. Haha.

and then theres those times he says "hurt me" or "hurt me chris" which i remember someone told me was his way of saying "i want the music to be so loud i can feel it"

not sure.

I actually emailed Siedah about this :D and she sent this back

Thank you, Siedah :D

Siedah's talking about something we all know he says... He's been saying
"How you do'aaaaan!!!" during tours since the Victory Tour days... the word we're talking about is a totally different word! :lol: Dang it, STILL no answer!

I'm gonna ask Jennifer on twitter, maybe she will know!

and then theres those times he says "hurt me" or "hurt me chris" which i remember someone told me was his way of saying "i want the music to be so loud i can feel it"

not sure.

yeah he says that just before Bad in Yokohama! I thought he said "Hurry Chris!" AH Michael, why not release these concerts on DVD with subtitles ;)

Good one. Works for me. :D

Aaargh! I just knew by the end of this thread I would finally know what
"MY TOE" really was and I am so disappointed. Waaaaah!

Surely someone knows and I just hope they decide to read this thread. :)

Kat

that sounds pretty reasonable to me!

It sounds like he is saying Montay.

Oh also, I think my post was deleted so this is the audio I made of three different versions of the mystery word, lol

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ne5mm5cnwzu/Bahtay3.mp3

two sound like bahtay and one sounds like bahto....to my ears anyway, haha

Cool thanks for putting that up! :) sure sounds like bahtay or mahtay... I dunno, it could be someones name? but probably not...
Maybe jennifer batten will know!

yeah he says that just before Bad in Yokohama! I thought he said "Hurry Chris!" AH Michael, why not release these concerts on DVD with subtitles ;)

I thought he said "Perfect Chris!" lol.So many answers

yeah he says that just before Bad in Yokohama! I thought he said "Hurry Chris!" AH Michael, why not release these concerts on DVD with subtitles

I thought he said "Perfect Chris!" lol.So many answers

oh jeez! and I though he said "hurt me chris!" :toofunny:

I give up!

Back