What was MJJC like before 25-6-09?

It was a peaceful, tightknit, loving community. I joined in 2003 and back then there were not alot of members so to see this club grow from a few hundred to thousands has been very cool to see. The fans were always very dedicated and supportive of our king. I actually miss what MJJC was before, It was called MJJF, I miss this place alot. I wish we could all go backwards and for it to be what it once was. I will forever have memories :flowers:

Pre-6/25 there used to be some great members who would post a little moderately (never frequently) on good discussions about Michael, music and such. I felt like back then there were more knowledgeable members about Michael on MJJC. Members who had interesting "inside" information, or scoops. Nothing crazy, but some cool facts. And the discussion was never boring. I don't wanna call out too specific names, but members like ArXter and wannabestartinsomethin21. I miss those guys. Another memeber, LadyBee I believe, was great too, but I think was banned due to something that happened. Was a shame actually.

Other than that, this place was great to find the latest buzz about where Michael was and what he was up to. Get in on good discussions about the tours, and which shows he thrived on and others where he was a little weak on. Thick conversations about his lipsynching on which shows, more serious discussions about the music and his unreleased collections. And then there was always the constant reminder that the media at that time didn't report anything even remotely respectable about MJ like they occasionally do now. Nobody cared about the tabloid articles like they do now too. If anyone posted a silly tabloid article, it was quickly dismissed, moved and dealt with. No one made a fuss over it.
But circumstances have changed obviously, and so have many members' lives.

Ditto! it seems like alot of those kinds of fans left. People would focus more on his art rather then how the media was portraying him because we all knew they always be negative. I miss his little sightings, so we could see he was doing ok and the fans who would follow him would report back the info on things like him generously sending pizza to fans who were waiting for him outside his hotel or throwing out notes from his window.

It depended what was going on. There would always be a sense of anticipation or excitement if MJ was about to make a public appearance at an awards show or on one of his many trips overseas.

This place was an invaluable resource when the trial was happening as well. I remember logging on everyday, seeing the new pics of MJ walking into court, reading the court transcripts, sharing my disgust with other fans at how the media were twisting things. I think every fans heart broke a little when we saw MJ walking into court in his pyjammas having come straight from the hospital. He just looked weary of the whole damn thing and we felt his pain.

The place absolutely exploded in March 2009 when the TII announcement happened. I seem to recall the board crashing completely because too many people were trying to log on. Everyone was so excited, speculating about the show, reading Kenny Ortega's tweets and counting down to the opening night.

There was also a LOT of discussion about MJ's health, fans saying he looked too skinny, fans angry that MJ was conned into doing more shows than he agreed etc.
Yup every award show there was a will Michael attend thread lol i think deep down we all knew he wouldn't but it was still fun speculating and guessing what he would perform if he decided to make a surprise appearance of some sort. There were some debbie downers who would criticize Michael but i think for the most part it was out of good intention. It was fun making set list and discussing where he's go next artistically.

It was a much calmer place than today, in terms of anger etc. Although I only joined on the day of the TII conference, the 3 months of a living Michael MJJC were great. The sight of one picture would send the forum into a frenzy lol. One picture i remember was the return of the curls :D
I couldn't believe when he announced the concerts it seemed too good to be true. After all he had been through he was finally going to return to the stage. I was excited because it had been a while since something big which wasn't non legal was occuring and finally fans of his music had something to look forward too. But as expected alot of the media doubted him, i rememebr one article in late 2008 said he had 6 months to live and others questioned his ability to perform anymore since it's been so long. Though he had nothing to prove I wanted him to prove them wrong and to show that through it all the negativity hadn't broke him.

In general the online MJ community was very different. Barring minor things every now and then, it was much more united overall.

During times when MJ was not making appearances or being spotted, you would find discussions about his work similar to the discussions that still happen now. But also of course a lot of speculation about and ideas for future projects and his whereabouts.

Thinking about it now really makes me miss those times.
Yeah people are more divided now, before we all shared the smae excitement. Though we are all still here for Michael some people have agendas and the vine has changed, his passing had got people emotions going haywire. I am used to the quite periods so this feel like a long one, it still hard to believe that he's gone forever. I miss discussing things about him presently and his future rather than the doctor who is on trial for killing him.
It was a better place.
That sums it up.

Last edited:
Well, I have been a member of other fansites and a local one in my country years ago. But what I remember from this specific forum (joined April 2009) the board was buzzing with information and excitement about TII. I remember people trying to find out who the dancers were, who would be the opening act, the setlist etc etc. It was fun.

On the other hand, there were also the usual information that never seems to stop in the MJ world. Media reporting some BS stories, the whole Juliens auction fiasco, AllGoodEntertainment trying to block the shows... and we had some very good members (like TSCM) trying to keep us updated with what was going on etc.

As a MJ fan, the bad news always seems to follow any good news.. sigh

I joined the online community straight after Thriller 25 but can't for the life of me remember which forum it was now :( I seem to remember them holding a contest to see who can design a new forum header at around a month or 2 after T25 was relased.

it was nice :) i remember turning computer on in the morning, coming to MJJC and finding the "new photos" from the previous days etc.

Just a Glimpse of what had happened during the same month... 6/16/09... Here is the link :cry:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...June-16...-More-curls!/page12?highlight=curls

L.o.v.e.
Romi

MJHDvideos, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Anyway, this is very interesting thread. I would like being here since good old times but unfortunately I'm not.. :(
Sadly, but I became a fan only after Michael's death...

The people were alot nicer :lol:
And like IvoryKeys said there were many more fans who more knowledgeable about Michael. There was always something good to talk about.

Yeah, i miss the insider talk and generally the atmosphere was friendlier...

It is as if you can just FEEL the pain and hurt from the members right now.....
Back then i felt most members were heading in one unified direction.....and during 2003-2005 we were very focused on the information about Michael being innocent.

I can say that 2000 Watts was the best place until ever 25/06/2009.

Everyone was excited with video mixing/remastering and all that.

There were not so many leaks in that period though...

MJHDvideos, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I got the same thing.

Romi, I'm curious, what's in the link.....basically. :scratch:

Ohh... sry. guys... :/

Basically the thread was started on JUNE 16, 2009 (9days before 25th)! And it was where we first saw Michael's hair curly when he went to the doc. office.

Before that day, he was basically wearing a blue hospital cap under his fedora and we had suspected that he had changed his hair style. (When his hair was straight, we*on this board* talked about how WE WOULD SOOOO Love it if his hair was curly... :D) and Lo and behold on the 16th, we got our wish. Like Gaz once said, Michael used to come on this forum and read threads...(Gold pants and Curly hair) :lol:

So we think that he read our comments about his hair and he was happy to do it for us... :cry:

I miss him more everyday... :cry:

003.jpg

[youtube]-nyTmibn1Pg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube] :cry:
L.o.v.e.
Romi

Last edited:
Ooooh! OK. I remember that thread. I'm sure I posted in there. Really sure!
I also remember the blue hosp. cap and all the speculation about his "new hair style".
And when we finally saw............he was so gorgeous. :girl_love:

:cry:

Thank you Romi :)

Ooooh! OK. I remember that thread. I'm sure I posted in there. Really sure!
I also remember the blue hosp. cap and all the speculation about his "new hair style".
And when we finally saw............he was so gorgeous. :girl_love:

Thank you Romi :)

Any time Silouette (I rember you as one of the fans who commented there and even before that... glad you're still :D... there are fans that dont come here anymore after the 25th... its too hard for them still i guess... I hope everyone who was here at that time comes back to just check in... :) )
I remember i had a summer class that day and on my brake, I checked MJJC and the server was down... lol (It happened mostly when there was NEW News about Michael) And i refreshed and refreshed for 5min b4 i got access. And I saw that thread...pics... and I didnt go back to class after that... just catching up with the days news... :lol: I never did regret skipping that class... :D

Where were y'all when the TII concert was announced... remember how long we waited for the conference... he was about over an hour late and we were panicking because we thought we missed it or something... :lol: Then we realized that This was Our Michael... and he loves to keeps us in suspense... :D What i wounldnt give to have 2008 and first couple of months in 2009 Back!!! :( and Just stay in those months for eternity...

I wasn't on MJJC back in the day, but I was on Maximum Jackson which was just gaining in popularity in the year before Michael's passing.

Let me tell you, forums were a whole different ball game back then. It definitely felt like a smaller community, you knew more people. You knew which fans were in London and following Michael around, and you knew who was in LA etc etc. And because of these people, we'd often get info on Michael's movements before the media caught wind of it. I remember just before TII was announced, a bunch of fans saw him at the airport in England and were wondering why he was back so soon after his last trip. Then we got a few tweets and weird messages, and BAM! He was announcing it all the O2! It was crazy!

The other great thing was around 2007/08/09 we'd have at least one thread a week of new photos of Michael, and we'd all try to guess like crazy what he was going to wear on his next outing, haha! Oh my God, the "Zorro" day was just the worst, because the few outings before that he was dressing so sharp in those black jeans and blazers, and suddenly he turns up in the blue moomoo and zorro mask. We were all a bit like, what the heck Michael? Hahaha! Oh man, those were the days.

I wasn't on MJJC back in the day, but I was on Maximum Jackson which was just gaining in popularity in the year before Michael's passing.

Let me tell you, forums were a whole different ball game back then. It definitely felt like a smaller community, you knew more people. You knew which fans were in London and following Michael around, and you knew who was in LA etc etc. And because of these people, we'd often get info on Michael's movements before the media caught wind of it. I remember just before TII was announced, a bunch of fans saw him at the airport in England and were wondering why he was back so soon after his last trip. Then we got a few tweets and weird messages, and BAM! He was announcing it all the O2! It was crazy!

The other great thing was around 2007/08/09 we'd have at least one thread a week of new photos of Michael, and we'd all try to guess like crazy what he was going to wear on his next outing, haha! Oh my God, the "Zorro" day was just the worst, because the few outings before that he was dressing so sharp in those black jeans and blazers, and suddenly he turns up in the blue moomoo and zorro mask. We were all a bit like, what the heck Michael? Hahaha! Oh man, those were the days.

Any time Silouette (I rember you as one of the fans who commented there and even before that... glad you're still :D... there are fans that dont come here anymore after the 25th... its too hard for them still i guess... I hope everyone who was here at that time comes back to just check in... :) )
I remember i had a summer class that day and on my brake, I checked MJJC and the server was down... lol (It happened mostly when there was NEW News about Michael) And i refreshed and refreshed for 5min b4 i got access. And I saw that thread...pics... and I didnt go back to class after that... just catching up with the days news... :lol: I never did regret skipping that class... :D

Where were y'all when the TII concert was announced... remember how long we waited for the conference... he was about over an hour late and we were panicking because we thought we missed it or something... :lol: Then we realized that This was Our Michael... and he loves to keeps us in suspense... :D What i wounldnt give to have 2008 and first couple of months in 2009 Back!!! :( and Just stay in those months for eternity...

Wowz! You remember me? :)
I'm still :D but sometimes it's hard, ya know? When my mind takes me there......

Yep, I must have posted there....I guess that's why I remember it so well. :)
Thanks Love.

I just checked it out.. You were actually the first person to post in the thread :D

Just for you:

Re: NEW PICS June 16... More curls!
Steph girl you be on it dontcha! Haha!
Great pics, even if we cant see much of him!
Thanks for posting!
bigsmile.gif

Basically the thread was started on JUNE 16, 2009 (9days before 25th)! And it was where we first saw Michael's hair curly when he went to the doc. office.

Before that day, he was basically wearing a blue hospital cap under his fedora and we had suspected that he had changed his hair style. (When his hair was straight, we*on this board* talked about how WE WOULD SOOOO Love it if his hair was curly... :D) and Lo and behold on the 16th, we got our wish. Like Gaz once said, Michael used to come on this forum and read threads...(Gold pants and Curly hair) :lol:

So we think that he read our comments about his hair and he was happy to do it for us... :cry:

003.jpg

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Weren't there pics of Mike with curly hair alread before the 16th? From what I remember we knew as early as late May/early June 09, and June 16, was when we last got pics of Michael, before he died?

Unless my mind is playing tricks on me?

Last edited:
Weren't their pics of Mike with curly hair alread before the 16th? From what I remember we knew as early as late May/early June 09, and June 16, was when we last got pics of Michael, before he died?

NEW PICS+Video June 16... More curls!

^ Yes, we had seen them before that thread.

This was the first thread made about the curls. :wub: :cry:

New pic!!! (The curls are back!!!! Yay!!!)

Weren't their pics of Mike with curly hair alread before the 16th? From what I remember we knew as early as late May/early June 09, and June 16, was when we last got pics of Michael, before he died?

Yeah I thought so too but this was the only thread that i could find where there's pic of him like this. I cant find another one... let me check on that again... But i remember him wearing a blue cap under his fedora for a little bit.... hmmm

L.o.v.e.
Romi

^ Yes, we had seen them before that thread.

This was the first thread made about the curls. :wub: :cry:

New pic!!! (The curls are back!!!! Yay!!!)

yeah I knew we did.. I just asked cuz the OP said the june 16th pics were the first time we saw him with curls which isn't true

Basically the thread was started on JUNE 16, 2009 (9days before 25th)! And it was where we first saw Michael's hair curly when he went to the doc

to what I remember June 16th was he last time we got pics of Michael alive. (the June 24 pics with him wearing the curls for my gears shirt were posted after June 25.) :cry:

Wowz! You remember me? :)
I'm still :D but sometimes it's hard, ya know? When my mind takes me there......

Yep, I must have posted there....I guess that's why I remember it so well. :)
Thanks Love.

I just checked it out.. You were actually the first person to post in the thread :D

Just for you:

Re: NEW PICS June 16... More curls!
Steph girl you be on it dontcha! Haha!
Great pics, even if we cant see much of him!
Thanks for posting!

Lol! Thanks Lorraine!
Btw....where you been hiding? Miss you.

I'm terrible with dates. :doh:
I just remember seeing our gorgeous KOP.

003.jpg

L.o.v.e.
Romi
[/QUOTE

I remember how excited we all were bout the curls , the forum was crazyyyyyyy that day lol

Back