Which of Michael's siblings was he closest to?

nopity.gif

Hey, can you play Scream on that violin? How about Young Love?

John Lucas

^ :lol:

I agree with most who've said that Michael was close to all his siblings at various times throughout his life.

To me, he's closet to Jermanie, LaToya and Janet.

:lol: @ those saying Latoya! Did you not listen to MJ's phone conversation with Glenda?

I know for a fact that it was Randy Jackson! Many people like to say Janet was the closest to MJ out of all the siblings but she really wasn't that close to MJ as many make it seem. I’m just going off body language in photos, interviews and articles:
During the J5 days (before Randy came along)– Marlon/ The Jackson years- Randy/ During the early 90’s I think MJ was avoiding contact with his family but in these phone conversations he mentions talking to Janet and hanging out with Randy. And also In an article on Randy when he joined J5 he said that he was closest to Randy and felt that he was the only one he could be a big brother to. I know Janet and MJ stopped contacting each other in the 90's when Janet rose to fame with RN1814 and janet. albums. MJ even called her to duet but she declined because she felt she hasn't come in to her own yet. They didn't talk much in the 00's either. Randy was also the one that saved MJ when he found him unconscious when the exact same scenario that led to MJ's death played out in 2004. I think Jermaine became really close with MJ when the 2005 trials came around. He was the one that introduced MJ to Tohme Tohme and also advised him live in Bahrain for some time. But I always felt that Randy was the one that kept the family together along with Katherine. He's the one that got Latoya out of her abusive relationship as well.

:lol: @ those saying Latoya! Did you not listen to MJ's phone conversation with Glenda?
1992 when she did all that crazy stuff when she was with that scumbag? That hardly counts, but I admit that it's an effective way to belittle LaToya.

1992 when she did all that crazy stuff when she was with that scumbag? That hardly counts, but I admit that it's an effective way to belittle LaToya.

I think posting a pic of her would be an effective way as well
Don't you think? :lol:

I know for a fact that it was Randy Jackson! Many people like to say Janet was the closest to MJ out of all the siblings but she really wasn't that close to MJ as many make it seem. I’m just going off body language in photos, interviews and articles:
During the J5 days (before Randy came along)– Marlon/ The Jackson years- Randy/ During the early 90’s I think MJ was avoiding contact with his family but in these phone conversations he mentions talking to Janet and hanging out with Randy. And also In an article on Randy when he joined J5 he said that he was closest to Randy and felt that he was the only one he could be a big brother to. I know Janet and MJ stopped contacting each other in the 90's when Janet rose to fame with RN1814 and janet. albums. MJ even called her to duet but she declined because she felt she hasn't come in to her own yet. They didn't talk much in the 00's either. Randy was also the one that saved MJ when he found him unconscious when the exact same scenario that led to MJ's death played out in 2004. I think Jermaine became really close with MJ when the 2005 trials came around. He was the one that introduced MJ to Tohme Tohme and also advised him live in Bahrain for some time. But I always felt that Randy was the one that kept the family together along with Katherine. He's the one that got Latoya out of her abusive relationship as well.
I agree with you that he and Randy had a special bond. He always thanked Randy.

I agree with you that Randy was most likely the sibling that Michael was closest too. Michael said on Geraldo 2005 that Randy was 'wonderful', 'supportive', and 'brilliant'. Randy is also Michael's only younger brother, so yeah, he probably took his big bro responsibilities seriously.

But I do think he was also very close to Janet. Maybe over the years Michael and Janet get really close, and then they pull away because of their careers. But Janet has always stood by her brother 100%. She did the duet 'Scream' with him in 1995. In the PHM, Janet and Michael were the ones joined at the hip during Joseph Jackson Day in 1991. But yeah, I don't know how close they were in the last 10 years because Michael became very reclusive. But I do believe that Michael and Janet have always been very close.

But I'm thinking if Michael had to pick one sibling to call up and chill, he'd probably pick Randy. LOL!

Although, Michael's been photographed with LaToya a lot in the 00s also. She was with him at the BET awards when he presented an award to James Brown in 03. I've seen pap pix of MJ, the kids and Latoya, as well.

I agree with you that Randy was most likely the sibling that Michael was closest too. Michael said on Geraldo 2005 that Randy was 'wonderful', 'supportive', and 'brilliant'. Randy is also Michael's only younger brother, so yeah, he probably took his big bro responsibilities seriously.

But I do think he was also very close to Janet. Maybe over the years Michael and Janet get really close, and then they pull away because of their careers. But Janet has always stood by her brother 100%. She did the duet 'Scream' with him in 1995. In the PHM, Janet and Michael were the ones joined at the hip during Joseph Jackson Day in 1991. But yeah, I don't know how close they were in the last 10 years because Michael became very reclusive. But I do believe that Michael and Janet have always been very close.

But I'm thinking if Michael had to pick one sibling to call up and chill, he'd probably pick Randy. LOL!

Although, Michael's been photographed with LaToya a lot in the 00s also. She was with him at the BET awards when he presented an award to James Brown in 03. I've seen pap pix of MJ, the kids and Latoya, as well.

There have been times Janet has said they didn't talk for years...
When her velvet rope album came out, she said on oprah they hadn't talked in 2 years (and she said it was because MJ didn't return her calls while he was on tour when she tried to call him) and when Prince was born the whole family was invited to the ranch to see him but Janet said she couldn't get away so we don't even know when she saw Prince for the first time.

Afer that she did an interview about the time invincible came out and said how they happened to be at the same hotel once and didn't even know it until her chef told her......

then after the trial she was on Oprah again, this was during the time MJ was in Bahrain and she said she hadn't spoken to MJ since the trial. This was 06 or 07 so
I don't know how close they were but I think they loved each other very much but grew apart. but they always supported each other no matter what

Randy seemed to be there alot and Latoya for better or worse is the only family member we've ever seen with the children in public when MJ was alive so that's gotta count for something..

I'm thinking Janet because he would talk about how they were so much alike, and how they would come up with the same ideas for songs, videos, outfits, etc. He used to get so mad at her too, LOL. Not like SERIOUS mad or anything... but like a WTF??? mad. :lol:

But, they are family and I'm sure every single one of his siblings meant something special to him in their own way. ;)

Randy was also the one that saved MJ when he found him unconscious when the exact same scenario that led to MJ's death played out in 2004.

I never heard this story. Can everybody explain me please ? Michael has been found inconscious ? Randy was there ?

To answer to the question, for the closest sibling, I think it is Randy this recent years, and Janet, Randy, Latoya in the 80' and Jermaine and Marlon during the Jackson Five.

Gotta thank Randy for bringing Mesereau to Michael.
He really was great support especially during the later years as many of you have already said. :) Michael also thanked him seperately in his Ultimate Collection liner notes.

And I'm also thinking back to the days when the Jackson brothers went solo at Epic. Michael and Randy wrote a lot of songs together and I'm sure there was a lot of mutual respect there.

I never heard this story. Can everybody explain me please ? Michael has been found inconscious ? Randy was there ?

To answer to the question, for the closest sibling, I think it is Randy this recent years, and Janet, Randy, Latoya in the 80' and Jermaine and Marlon during the Jackson Five.

I think I'm talking about the right one here:

Michael did and interview about the 2005 trials and afterwards it got him very stressed. He overdosed on Morphine (intentionally? I don't know) but basically Randy was the one who called the doctor and helped him out.

Janet because she exactly understood his situation - to be that famous. Both were just too busy so they would oftenly hear from each other on the phone only. Also Janet was earning her own money, so Michael knew he could trust her. La Toya lived near him and they saw each other very often, watching movies & having fun together.

The brothers would visit Neverland somtimes to hold up their weddings or other festivities. MJ would not even come to greet them. Late in the evening he would come, say hello to Katherine and that is it.
There was no relationship with Jermaine. It was all about money, when he needed some he would ask MJ.
Jermaine used MJ's death to play to the gallery. As someone said: MJ would not even be surprised about it.

Michael did and interview about the 2005 trials and afterwards it got him very stressed. He overdosed on Morphine (intentionally? I don't know) but basically Randy was the one who called the doctor and helped him out.

It actually happened in 2004

Ok. Thanks you, I didn't know. Randy is the one I prefer in the brothers, with Marlon too. They really love their brother but didn't do interviews or make money by Michael.
Randy never said anything about Michael, Marlon too. (but the interview at the memorial)

Someone who worked for MJ said MJ really did not want to see Joe or any of the brothers. Sadly it was all about money, money, money.

I would also like to add that during the trial in a press conference MJ thanked all his fans than his family and he said "especially Randy he has been incredible" and he even turned and glanced at Randy. Awww! In May 2006, Randy sent Raymone Bain the letter that stated she was fired, on behalf of MJ. I think Latoya was close to MJ during the height of Michaelmania (like the rest of the family) but soon got jealous of his fame and fortune. (Latoya advocates don't come blabbing at me!! I'm just telling it like it is!) LOL!

No one knows exactly what went on with the Jackson family, period. Honestly, as much as I loved Michael the musician, Michael the man let down others including Lisa Marie and his family at times from what has been said, so it is tough to say who he was close to because he obviously isolated himself from the people who actually loved him.

Someone who worked for MJ said MJ really did not want to see Joe or any of the brothers. Sadly it was all about money, money, money.
Some of the people who worked for Mike also said they seen him molesting children, so that means nothing. It's no different than the many unnamed "sources" in the tabloids.

I think Katherine was the closest to him. She fixed the family and had a special bond to Michael. I think Michael was something like a "favorite son" to her and Michael loved his mother so much...

I hope she's fine... it's so hard for a mother to losing the own child...

Back