Who is in your opinion the queen of pop?

Diana Ross is one of the best stylists ever and she's a supremely good perfoming artist. If you've ever watched her, she knows how to work a stage better then most anyone. Dancing has nothing to do with being a good performer. But in terms of popularity, Queen of Pop, Madonna has her and every other female artist beat.

Last edited:
Diana Ross is one of the best stylists ever and she's a supremely good perfoming artist. If you've ever watched her, she knows how to work a stage better then most anyone.

Yeah, yesterday I bought "Diana Ross in concert", and just wow, she shines up on that stage. Not too many other things on stage, just Diana and her mic, and it's enough.

Last edited:
Yeah, yesterday I bought "Diana Ross in concert", and just wow, she shines up on that stage. Not too many other things on stage, just Diana and her mic, and it's enough.
Diana ross is a true star, a real diva and a very graceful one. She taught MJ howto be a star too.:D

I changed my mind. I think its Tina Turner. :yes:
Shes a true legend in every sense of the word.

My opinion on this is that there is no queen of pop, because if there were it would be obvious, like it is with Michael.

But people I've heard called queen of pop is Whitney Houston, Diana Ross, Janet Jackson, Madonna and Mariah Carey.

IMO Whitney or Janet deserves the crown.

Who would you say is the queen of pop?

Janet is my favorite and I truly adore Diana and Whitney.

The Queen of Pop is Madonna. I would be fooling myself otherwise.

lol @ Duran......In that case Elton John :) . he did perform @ Vh1's Diva's Live one year lol, great pianist, singer/song-writer, longevity, lots of hits. all hail sir elton!

lol @ Duran......In that case Elton John :) . he did perform @ Vh1's Diva's Live one year lol, great pianist, singer/song-writer, longevity, lots of hits. all hail sir elton!
He's a diva alright, lol.

Sorry, but I'm just wondering why there are two threads on this topic.

Because somebody started another one without doing a search 1st. :p This is the original thread.

I'm sorry. Today has been the first time I've seen this thread. Someone must have posted it and brought it back to the first page. I assumed this was new, I'm sorry.
Michelle

Madonna doesn't even compare to Michael but if we're going to use the Queen of Pop moniker there's nobody else who has the commercial success & cultural impact like Madonna. And I say this being not a fan of Madonna. I still have to give her her props.

Whitney & Mariah are mega-successful but they are more pure singers. Not the whole sing/dance performance spectacular kind of deal. The title could be used for them if their musical style was different.

Janet of course is next in line for the Queen of Pop title but she got successful a little after Madonna did & somehow mirrored Madonna's sex-laden persona as her career went on.

Britney hasn't been around long enough to be called a Queen yet.

There can be Queens of Pop depending on how you divvy up the legacies but if you gotta pick one it has to be Madonna.

Luckily in the Kings category, there is only one. Michael. And that name in reality goes far beyond "Pop".
John Lucas

Janet of course is next in line for the Queen of Pop title but she got successful a little after Madonna did & somehow mirrored Madonna's sex-laden persona as her career went on.
Janet's later image seems to be more Betty Davis (the 1970s funk singer & ex-wife of Miles Davis) than Madonna.

Back