Who you find overrated and corny?

Wow. How come I never posted on this thread? Or did I? LOL.

Man, I have a list.

Overrated and/or Corny (Let me state that not everyone I feel is corny but I do feel that they are overrated. Back in the day, I thought Mike was a bit overrated but hey, it was a good overrated.)

Janet - Always making time to talk about sex, her brother that she doesn't want to defend anymore, her strip club moments and Jermaine Dupri. For some reason, she isn't really focusing on the music that much. If she put that much enegry that she uses to talk about these thing in her music, maybe I would actually like her Cds. LOL.

Justin - I love the guy, but DAMN, he ain't as talented as most of the cats out today. He is alright, but that is about it. I have to honest, I didn't even like his latest CD and I am getting tired of seeing him on every show. Like, what is the great thing about this dude? And they need to STOP CALLING HIM THE NEXT KOP! He doesn't have that POWER to even be the next Michael or the KOP for that matter. He just a semi talented dude that got lucky while real talented male singers (i.e. Robin Thicke, Ne-Yo, etc.) are being swept under the rug by the mainstream hype machine aka the media.

Timbaland - Doesn't he steal other people's beats? If that is the case, why are people STILL hyping this guys? His best work was with the late great Aaliyah, with Missy and Ginuwine.

Chris Brown - I really like him but I do not mind if he took a break.

Madonna - I have nothing against her but the last time she made it hot, I mean, on fire was the 1980s. I am just saying. She had some good songs in the 1990s, but that was about it. She is EXTERMELY overrated. Sometimes she just needs to sit down.

Beyonce - I cannot *sigh* I just want her to go. Just scream-sing somewhere else and give the spotlight to Kelly and Michelle. Those poor women can't even get their songs playing on the radio. However, you put on the radio, and there comes screaming-singing Beyonce hollering about some bull that makes no sense.

Rihanna - Blah. If I hear "Take a Bow" on the radio one more time sounding like a sheep.....

Akon - I have nothing but respect for the guy but his voice ain't all of that to be played on the radio every two hours everyday.

T-Pain - He ain't trying to sing so what is the point of him on the radio? Seriously.

Lil Wayne - I am tired of his music, I am tired of seeing his mug on these magazine, I am tired of hearing about his legal troubles and I am tired of the hype.

Elvis - Is it me or every year do the media have to do a special on this guy?

The Beatles - It is every year a new book, a new article, a new special is done on this band. What is their appeal?

Eminem - He can rap, but he trashes his mother, his baby momma and people who are better than him. He needs to give it up.

Mariah - She needs to explain her marriage to Nick Cannon and she needs to sing again.

Miley Cyrus/Jonas Brothers/High School Musical mess - Please let these people just go somewhere. I go on JustJared.com and he always do updates on these people. WHO CARES ABOUT THEM?! Damn!!

Rappers that I never heard of - Why hype people that I have never heard of? Why?

Honestly, that is all I can think off from the top of my head.

Mariah - She needs to explain her marriage to Nick Cannon and she needs to sing again.

She did, someone left the magazine interview in the bathroom at my job :D

But why is that a reason for her being overrated or corny?

The Beatles - It is every year a new book, a new article, a new special is done on this band. What is their appeal?
It's like the Red Hot Chilli Peppers song, "If you have to ask, you'll never know...." :p

oh and rhcp are a bit overrated imo as well... maybe not overrated but TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO commercial for a rock band.

oh and rhcp are a bit overrated imo as well... maybe not overrated but TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO commercial for a rock band.
Unlike other groups like Queen, Journey, Boston, Van Halen, Metallica, Poison, Whitesnake, Fleetwood Mac, Styx, Electric Light Orchestra, or Aerosmith, lol.

Miley Cyrus/Jonas Brothers/High School Musical mess - Please let these people just go somewhere. I go on JustJared.com and he always do updates on these people. WHO CARES ABOUT THEM?! Damn!!

i agree i can't stand them i wish they would go away

Last edited:
you find them too commercial as well or no? i don't get it lol
It was sarcasm, as their music is just as popular as the Chilli Peppers. What does too commercial mean anyway? You're on a MJ site and its not like Mike's music is like Sun Ra or something.

yes I guessed it was sarcasm. And yeah I know they are/were commercial as RHCP, but the difference is that Michael makes pop - it's supposed to be commercial. But when rock music becomes too commercial, it just slips into pop. That's what happened with RHCP IMO at least...

The Whole Hannah Montana/Mily Cyrus Thing

Sometimes Beyonce Can Get Overratted But Not Corny.

Soulja Boy

Rihanna To Me Is Started To Get Overratted.

T-Pain

Lil Wayne

Akon

I think that Eminem is very overrated. He's got skills (when he chooses to use them) but the only reason why he got so popular is because of shock value and contraversy

If Eminem was rapping about positive things noone would have taken much notice of him and each album he makes now always has the same boring gimick behind it and that gimmick is ''Who is Eminem gonna make fun of this time around''

But like i said before Eminem does have skills (when he choses to use them) but he isn't the be all and end all of Hip Hop like some people seem to think

Last edited:
Rhianna
P. Diddy
Eminem
All the Disney products (Hannah Montana, the HSM kids, etc.)
Akon
Lil Wayne
Flo-rida
Usher

There's more but those are the ones I can think of right now

If Eminem was rapping about positive things noone would have taken much notice of him and each album he makes now always has the same boring gimick behind it and that gimmick is ''Who is Eminem gonna make fun of this time around''

I disagree, when The Eminem Show came out, most of the people I knew disregarded the first single (Without Me) and were heavily looking foward to the rest of the album. If all he did was comedy, I don't think he'd be that popular. I think it's his serious stuff that the people enjoy and anticipate his albums for, not his goofy singles.

She did, someone left the magazine interview in the bathroom at my job :D

But why is that a reason for her being overrated or corny?

Yeah, I actually read most of it and then stopped. LOL. I was like, "whatever.". I think to me, what makes her overrated is that she played on the radio a lot and she is everywhere. She is a bit annoying to me. I never thought Mariah was ever corny because I used to be a fan. I just said that about her marriage because it doen't make sense to me. That is all.

But like i said before Eminem does have skills (when he choses to use them) but he isn't the be all and end all of Hip Hop like some people seem to think

I have to agree. Em made some "good" songs but he went too far. I used to be a big fan of Em until he trashed MJ who he claimed that he "respects". Em is a talented rapper but his gimmick is about trash folks and not about the core of hip hop. It gets boring after a while.

I think right now Rihanna is very overrated. So is Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and Chris Brown. No creativity whatsoever. Oh and Miley Cyrus and Alicia Keys.

I dont agree with the Madonna bit at all. She's not that overrated. She may not have a lot of talent but shes uses what little she has in the most effective way possible and shes stuck in the industry for so long. I wouldnt say Britney could do that same. Madonna is an intelligent woman. I would prefer Madonna live to Michael live anyday. Her live shows are much better than Michael's.

And as for Prince, hes a GREAT vocalist. He has shown more range in his singing than Michael ever has. But I do prefer Michaels voice to Prince's voice.

The topic is not about michael Jackson and you come here and compare michael to Madonna ONLY for provocation . But hey its just easy to answer :

There is no better performer in this earth than michael Joseph Jackson . He is Way better on stage than Madonna ( IN MY OPINION ) of course .

Plus you can disagree about Madonna being overrated , but thats just a matter of opinion , for some of us Madonna is overrated PERIOD .

Last edited:
Em is a talented rapper but his gimmick is about trash folks and not about the core of hip hop.
Rap has always had "trash" somebody else songs. In the 80s in most cases they were just "diss" songs for records and nothing serious.

Kool Moe Dee/LL Cool J
3rd Bass/Beastie Boys
Sugarhill Gang/Furious Five
UTFO/Sparky D/Roxanne Shante/The Real Roxanne

Ummm....I'm ganna saaayyyyy,Eminem and he's a mean mean man!

Miley Cyrus??? I shouldn't even need to explain!
ok, many others...you guys named most of 'em! lol...how lazy am i?!?!?!

oh yeah, and wbss21, i loooooooove you! lol

Last edited:
em's gimmick is the funny first single off of every album....watch whenhe launches his 'comeback' he'll have a funny first single...in fact, he was even bashed for his 'mosh' song cuz if he cared so much about people not voting fo rbush, he never would of released the lame ass just loose it song

He's not a musician, but I don't know what the big deal is about John Wayne.

Last edited:
em's gimmick is the funny first single off of every album....watch whenhe launches his 'comeback' he'll have a funny first single...in fact, he was even bashed for his 'mosh' song cuz if he cared so much about people not voting fo rbush, he never would of released the lame ass just loose it song

On Eminem:

Eminem does put out alot of radio garbage but he does put out some quality stuff to. I don't know why he puts out the garbage though because he exactly could be taken more seriously if he stayed consistent with his music. All that being said, I wouldn't call him the BEST rapper because his not the BEST rapper, so I agree.

Rap has always had "trash" somebody else songs. In the 80s in most cases they were just "diss" songs for records and nothing serious.

Kool Moe Dee/LL Cool J
3rd Bass/Beastie Boys
Sugarhill Gang/Furious Five
UTFO/Sparky D/Roxanne Shante/The Real Roxanne

I see what you meant. I looked at that more like beefs than trashing people for no reason. However, with Em, he is very talented, he knows how to rap, but he didn't have to belittle others in the process. I thought what he said about MC was not right. I do not know if it is true, but it was not right. He doesn't like the woman, fine, but to put her on blast like that instead of handling it like a man? No cool and childish. When he went after Michael that was a time when he was going through his child abuse scandal. If Em "respected" MJ like he claim he did, then he didn't have to go there. The song was bad, the video was evil and Em was proving to me, anyway, that he is this disgusting, foul loser. Yes, his mother was not a great mother, but why make her look terrible publically? Just tell her to her face.

BTW, a bit O/T - I have been forgetting to comment on your avatar. LOL. I watch their storyline almost everyday on "All My Children". Jesse and Angie. Hehehehehe.

I dont agree with the Madonna bit at all. She's not that overrated. She may not have a lot of talent but shes uses what little she has in the most effective way possible and shes stuck in the industry for so long. I wouldnt say Britney could do that same. Madonna is an intelligent woman. I would prefer Madonna live to Michael live anyday. Her live shows are much better than Michael's.

Alright - look, imo, Madge IS overrated. Have you ever studied her career or at least followed it? Everything that she did was/is for pr. That is what she is known for. She doesn't have to do something regarding her music, she does something and it is on the papers/Internet. Yes, Madge is a very successful and smart woman and I will def, give her the props, but she is overrated. Well, I have seen Madge's concert back in the 1990s on tv, it was the "Girlie Show" and it was terrible and long. LOL. As for her live shows being better than Michael's...... HAHAHAHAHA! Now, that is comedy!

I think the following is very overrated and corny:

Britney Spears
Justin Timberfake
Rhianna
Beyonce
Mariah Carrey
Elvis
T-Pain
and any of today's rappers

I can't stand any of those people. I think they are just so very annoying and very, very irritating. Especially Elvis Presley I still can not figure what the hell was so great about him. He should have never been called the King of Rock and Roll. He couldn't dance and he sure as hell was not that great of a singer. So I still can't understand why he was called the king. When he really wasn't.

Back