why do people always have to add zingers to positive comments about MJ?

Proud Member
watch the headlines switch until you come to the one about MJ on msn, today...
http://www.msn.com/?wl=true

why couldn't it be just left at the king of pop performs....without adding 'in his prime'?

is he not always in his prime as long as he is being talked about, and is relevant? isn't t25's success telling them anything? what is it that always tempts people to add a negative zinger...and find a way to justify it, put a spin on it, and call it positive?

I say, at this point, who cares what they have to say. LOL!

I just look at the fact that they can't stop talking about Michael. They can't stop talking about him, because he is still very, VERY relevant. So, in my opinion, the way around the RELEVANT fact is to add a zinger, there and there.

I guess it evens out the fact that they HAVE to talk about him, because folks want to know where he is and what he's doing.

Last edited:
I say, at this point, who cares what they have to say. LOL!

I just look at the fact that they can't stop talking about Michael. They can't stop talking about him, because he is still very, VERY relevant. So, in my opinion, the way around the RELEVANT fact is to add a zinger, there and there.

I guess it evens out the fact that they HAVE to talk about him, because folks want to know where he is and what he's doing.

lol....i agree..

How is this negative? If this is DVD quality of the Bad Tour, then I'd completely agree with the byline. lol

because, in my definition, the indication that MJ is not in his prime now, would be that he is forgotten, and there aren't a lot of wannabes out there at this time. but that is not the case.

yin and yang. just ignore it.

i try...as often as possible....and i can go long stretches ignoring it....

it's just that sometimes, for me..with the consistency of seeing it alll the time...once in a while...i need to vent.

i try...as often as possible....and i can go long stretches ignoring it....

it's just that sometimes, for me..with the consistency of seeing it alll the time...once in a while...i need to vent.
I stop looking and I stop reading. I won't give them the satisfaction. If I am reading an aricle it it gets negative I cease reading immediately. I feel bettter that way. I know the truth, I don't need them to fill my head with lies.,:)

I stop looking and I stop reading. I won't give them the satisfaction. If I am reading an aricle it it gets negative I cease reading immediately. I feel bettter that way. I know the truth, I don't need them to fill my head with lies.,:)

yeah..lol...i go back and forth between doing what you do...and not doing it..lol

it's just, in this case, i turn on my computer, and there it is..a headline..in my face..there was no avoiding it... but..hey...after time passes..i realize that they still can't stop talking about him..and that's the upside...

that's when i get over it. lol

i've gotten over it, since some time has passed, since i posted this thread..lol

AW: Re: why do people always have to add zingers to positive comments about MJ?

because, in my definition, the indication that MJ is not in his prime now, would be that he is forgotten, and there aren't a lot of wannabes out there at this time. but that is not the case.
Well, sorry, but Michael simply is not in his prime! Not physically and not careerwise... he is way past his prime! Not saying though that he's over and that he can't raise his profile! But for the time being we have to conceide that he is past his prime... not matter how much all of us "love" him!

they are trying to save face. they wanted him to fall long ago. He has refused. We have refused to allow him to fall. Now they are forced to deal with him being relevant ... it is saving face, pure and simple :) at least that is my:2cents:

Whoever believes MJ is still in his Prime is deluded imo :)

He hasn't had a Billboard #1 single in over 10 years :lol:

But then again, I guess fans believe what they want to believe :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Re: AW: Re: why do people always have to add zingers to positive comments about MJ?

Well, sorry, but Michael simply is not in his prime! Not physically and not careerwise... he is way past his prime! Not saying though that he's over and that he can't raise his profile! But for the time being we have to conceide that he is past his prime... not matter how much all of us "love" him!

uhm..lol..no..i don't have to concede that...

and..i don't agree with you. that doesn't make me irrational..

because the greatest indication of success and constant prime, is when people get catty about you.. not when they flatter you.

it's like a beautiful woman. if a man is flattering her...something is wrong.

but if another woman is being catty about her..then...she has it going on.

a lot of cattiness in the media would suggest that MJ is still in his prime...and that is in the many facets of his wonderful career. it's all to easy to assume the guy is slacked off, just because he is currently unseen for a long period of time.

I take the liberty to quote mo_rizwan:

I realy hate it when the media calls him *****. Is it so hard for them to call him Jackson?

are we overlooking the bigger picture.. which is that MSN which is owned by the same folks who own NBC.. who are the folks that slandered Michael time after time...especially with the raid in 2003 on up to the trial.. is now showcasing his talents on www.msn.com by showing one of his most popular - record breaking concerts for the new generation to see???

can't we get past the tit-4-tat..and see this as a triumph??

Last edited:
Re: AW: Re: why do people always have to add zingers to positive comments about MJ?

I take the liberty to quote mo_rizwan:
then that would be you and him crossing over from stating an opinion, to getting personal.
...and if you wanna get Personal (PatrickS77), you can always PM me :)

Last edited:
are we overlooking the bigger picture.. which is that MSN which is owned by the same folks who own NBC.. who are the folks that slandered Michael time after time...especially with the raid in 2003 on up to the trial.. is now
showcasing his talents on www.msn.com by showing one of his most popular - record breaking concerts for the new generation to see???

absolutely not..lol...that's why i have gotten over the headline in the last few hours

AW: Re: AW: Re: why do people always have to add zingers to positive comments about MJ?

then that would be you and him crossing over from stating an opinion, to getting personal.
No, it' not! It's still my opinion that people, who think he's still in his prime, are deluded!

...and if you wanna get Personal (PatrickS77), you can always PM me :)
Not quite sure how/why you mean that! ;)

Last edited:
are we overlooking the bigger picture.. which is that MSN which is owned by the same folks who own NBC.. who are the folks that slandered Michael time after time...especially with the raid in 2003 on up to the trial.. is now showcasing his talents on www.msn.com by showing one of his most popular - record breaking concerts for the new generation to see???

can't we get past the tit-4-tat..and see this as a triumph??

I hear you rasta and agree with you 100%. These folks know what time it is. Samething goes for Pepsi. Who ever thought we would see them link back up with Mike.

They can say what they want to say, but the bottomline is, these folks know how popular Mike STILL is and the tides are "beginning" to turn. They might be turning s-l-o-w-l-y, but they are turning nonetheless.

And if Mike decides to do some type of televison special, there will be a bidding war amongst ALL of the networks. LOL! Those folks know what a ratings bonanza something like that would bring to their respective channel. Ya heard!

They can say what they want to say, but the bottomline is, these folks know how popular Mike STILL is and the tides are "beginning" to turn. They might be turning s-l-o-w-l-y, but they are turning nonetheless.
Yes, I can agree with that!

This has a topic lets stay focused because it aint about ya'lls personal issues.

Lots of media take the liberty to talk trash about mj then turn around and do something positive for or about him. Has nothing to do with winning anyone over though - it's just money. They walk the talk that lines their pockets.

Last edited:
i would think theres far more importnat issues than a quote on a website. its hardly negative.you act as if it said "when the fallen disgraced ex singer was still known as an artist" i take it the video is the bucharest concert? well he wasnt even in his prime then.performances during the bad era were his prime imho

I take it the video is the bucharest concert? well he wasnt even in his prime then.performances during the bad era were his prime imho
Well, maybe we could say the latter end of his prime! :p But then again, what was HIStory... the second (or third), a little bit smaller, prime!? Did his prime extend from Thriller to Bad? Or was there a break in primes... hmm, questions over questions! ^_^

indeed that is why MJ is in his prime, cus the prime is where the money is, and the media knows that the money is in talking about mj

not to mention the timing with the success of t25

as long as MJ cannot walk the streets without being mobbed, and the mania is still here and people are willing to sweep up his albums like they are sweeping up t25, then he is in his prime. i'm def not delusional for thinking that. i'm not the only one who sees that MJ cannot walk the streets without being mobbed.

Last edited:

Well, maybe we could say the latter end of his prime! :p But then again, what was HIStory... the second (or third), a little bit smaller, prime!? Did his prime extend from Thriller to Bad? Or was there a break in primes... hmm, questions over questions! ^_^
lol it's just too subjective a word and a scenario. you could strongly argue the dancing (or at least the steps and the general flow) improved throughout the years during the above time span. and it's evident there was less and less of live vocals relative to the beginning. i don't believe he has a 'prime' as such; Mike reinvents himself in music and dance with every era.

lol it's just too subjective a word and a scenario. you could strongly argue the dancing (or at least the steps and the general flow) improved throughout the years during the above time span. and it's evident there was less and less of live vocals relative to the beginning. i don't believe he has a 'prime' as such; Mike reinvents himself in music and dance with every era.

i can agree with that also

This is crazy! It is a compliment!!!

And if MSN are so against Michael Jackson then why would they have even put the concert on there?!

Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to blame the media when clearly Michael Jackson is no longer in his prime. He is much older now and has not done a comparable concert in over ten years since the history tour.

Don't look into this too much. It would have just been one person who wrote a little blurb to go with the concert, not the result of an entire corporation being against the man.

I can sort of see their point. When that footage was recorded, Michael was the most popular performer on the face of this earth, he had flawless dance moves, and was a young man to boot. Not to say that Michael isn't popular now, but he's getting older and his dance moves are probably not as polished as they once were.

Last edited:
Back