Will "This is it tour" become a DVD release?

cgrimberg

Proud Member
Michael has only released Dangerous Tour in Bucharest. Do u guys think that the concerts will be recorded for an upcoming concert DVD ?

I'm pretty confident we'll see a DVD release. It'll probably be comprised of two shows in the middle of the run of concerts (they often tape a release between two shows so as to get the best possible take(s) of each song/moment). With as much money as they're spending on this run of concerts, and as much money as they'd get from a DVD sale (I bet a proper DVD could do well over a million sales, maybe more), it just makes so much sense to do a DVD.

I'm pretty confident we'll see a DVD release. It'll probably be comprised of two shows in the middle of the run of concerts (they often tape a release between two shows so as to get the best possible take(s) of each song/moment). With as much money as they're spending on this run of concerts, and as much money as they'd get from a DVD sale (I bet a proper DVD could do well over a million sales, maybe more), it just makes so much sense to do a DVD.

Yeah it makes full sense to release a DVD out of all of this.. but i really hope the editors are good guys .. the ones from MSG must have been drunk lol

Im still holding out for a 3D movie but I rekon there'll definately be a DVD at least.

I heard they were filming for the dvd throughout July?
does anybody know if this is true?

would be VERY,very cool if true :)

They could release the Victory tour, Bad tour 88, Dangerous tour, History tour and This Is It, all on one boxset Blu-ray.....lol I wish!!!!!!

They could release the Victory tour, Bad tour 88, Dangerous tour, History tour and This Is It, all on one boxset Blu-ray.....lol I wish!!!!!!

That had been amazing if they did it:yes:

:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

Its not a case of will there, but more case of when will it be recorded and when released DVD/BluRay disc. Uncompressed Michael omg yes carnt wait!!

Terry

There have been several mentions that there will be a DVD for the concert. The dancers auditions video that we have seen is meant to be for the DVD and also it has been said that Michael when he was at Culver Studios on 3rd June was filming some extras for a DVD.

Im still holding out for a 3D movie but I rekon there'll definately be a DVD at least.
Yes! I was just coming here to post that I'm currently watching a show on 3-Sat (German TV) about new 3D movies and games, the latest 3D technology, etc. And we just said... how cool would it be if they're filming at least one of MJ's shows in 3D? I wouldn't count on it in the movie theater, but even as a DVD release that would be way cool. :yes:

(However, at one point they were showing something about having to buy a special screen for 3D games, so would we need a 3D television to see it right? It's not like it used to be with the red/green glasses, you know. They said that next year will be the big year of the 3D television being produced, so I guess that implies you need a different screen. Well in any case, whether I can watch MJ in 3D next year or 10 years from now... I hope they're filming it that way!)

Well it there was picture which showed Michael filming with a RED camera which has been used to produce 3D movies so it is possible that the a film of the concert in 3D will be released.

And Kenny Ortega directed the Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana 3D Concert so he has experience in it.

Well after all technology of today and they won't release it in dvd l will say f******** to Sony.

Yes, there will be a DVD. Filming takes place for it throughout July.

Source: Sony.

Awesome! I can't wait for it to be released. I will buy it for sure, probably a few copies for friends too.

Well it there was picture which showed Michael filming with a RED camera which has been used to produce 3D movies so it is possible that the a film of the concert in 3D will be released.

There was a quote from, i think someone in AEG saying they want a Thriller musical & the concert in 3d. U2 filmed one of their vertigo tour shows in 3d & it was shown in IMAX cinemas.

I think they should film every show cuz mike might do something different towards the end of the tour,like he did the bad tour

I sooo hope This Is It will be released on Blu-Ray!

Imagine Michael Jackson in High-definition! :)

YES, but I have no doubt in my mind it will be EDITED :(

I'm a concert purist 99% of the time... I hate the way concerts like Bucharest or MSG were edited. I'm also not very keen on the camera angles during the HIStory Tour. It just simply doesn't capture the lighting or the atmosphere... Everything should be from one (best) concert. Then, like HIStory Tour, 10 or so concerts an be televised.

Back