Would you Welcome Back XSCAPE's PRODUCTION TEAM? For Future Albums.

Wow. Some of you seem too ignorant though.
You guys really think Michael would have released some old demos like that? To the people who don't appreciate the album must not be living in the year 2014.
Overall great production. I would welcome the team back with open arms.

Now let me enjoy this album. :beach:

Quincy Jones!

Quincy Jones!

Quincy Jones!

Oh and Pharrell Williams.

When did Quincy last produce a hit record? He's 80-something old and IMO already started to lose his edge around Bad era. I know people appreciate him for his work on classic MJ albums - and rightfully so - but that doesn't mean he would still be that great.

Also it depends on what direction Sony would want to go: if they wanted to produce an album that sounded like Thriller, maybe Q would be the right man, but if they wanted to appeal to modern audiences (like they try with Xscape) then not so much.

Depending on the era of when the song's were recorded, when all of the post trial tracks are released.. i would like them to be produced/worked on by Theron Feemster, Red One, Michael Prince & Brad Buxer! with song's that were recorded from 1978-2004 i would gladly welcome back this team. Xscape has been truly enjoyable, Timbaland is the best producer overall on this project imo.

L.T.D;4000602 said:
Bring in Pharrell.

No, please. Pharrell is so cliché by now. Everyone and their mother have Pharrell on their record. (And IMO he's not that great.)

Wow. Some of you seem too ignorant though.
You guys really think Michael would have released some old demos like that? To the people who don't appreciate the album must not be living in the year 2014.
Overall great production. I would welcome the team back with open arms.

Now let me enjoy this album. :beach:

Your statement is ignorant. Clearly Michael would not have released demos as official tracks. Love Never Felt so good is perfection due to the producer keeping its original essence. You can update a track without changing the entire feel of the song. DYKWYCA sounds like a freaking video game level. We are definitely living in 2014, just because we have a different opinion doesn't change that. So yes go enjoy the album and relax that mouth. Nobody said the album as a whole was terrible.

Timbaland - YEEES please!!

RJ - yes!!

Stsrgate - no thanks....

Xscape turned out to be a great album!!

6 truely great songs!!
2 ok songs.

And the the JT duet and 8 original demoes. - how could it be Any better really??

respect77;4000613 said:
No, please. Pharrell is so cliché by now. Everyone and their mother have Pharrell on their record. (And IMO he's not that great.)

I've thought Pharrell was the best producer around for the last 10 years, it just so happens he's become more popular in the last year.

No. APWNN, Blue Gangsta and DYKWYCA are big reasons this team should not be retained. 3 great gems turned into a pile of dog S*&!.

Get the A and B teams from the golden era's back.

I think Xscape benefitted from having an executive producer. IMO an album needs this to hold it together. I hope they continue with this for new projects. I think Xscape is a great album and it will be a big success.

Your statement is ignorant. Clearly Michael would not have released demos as official tracks. Love Never Felt so good is perfection due to the producer keeping its original essence. You can update a track without changing the entire feel of the song. DYKWYCA sounds like a freaking video game level. We are definitely living in 2014, just because we have a different opinion doesn't change that. So yes go enjoy the album and relax that mouth. Nobody said the album as a whole was terrible.

Vs1fj.gif

If it was up to me, hell no....

Depending on the era of when the song's were recorded, when all of the post trial tracks are released.. i would like them to be produced/worked on by Theron Feemster, Red One, Michael Prince & Brad Buxer!
Yes, especially MP & BB

Yes.
Also, ask Pharrell to do something too!
He did a remix of Never Can Say Goodbye, but I'd love if he were to rework an unreleased song in the future.

As long as we get the originals too, it's all good.

No I wouldn't want these producers back. DKYNWYCA, Xscape, Blue Gangsta and Slave to the Rhythm were horrible. I much prefer the demos. Just my opinion of course. :)

Honestly, I am going to speak my mind here once and for all.
I'm fed up with this "The original demos are so much better" attitude. It SOLEY appears they are favored because "Michael actually worked on them"
Sure, Michael was good and we are all here for a reason, and we all love Michael's craft. That being said, Michael isn't here to give his final blessing.
I believe some of us haven't accepted that fact. Whatever is put out post-2009 will have a strong bias against it.

EXAMPLE: When Slave To The Rhythm was leaked EVERYBODY was ranting and raving how awesome it was. How different it sounded. They were praising Michael. HOWEVER, once it was learned that Michael had nothing to do with the 2010 STTR. EVERYONE and their mother was like "meh, the mix is okay. Its nothing to write home about."
Did you notice that? Its a double edged sword. Slave To The Rhythm in fact proves my point.

While some of this is personal taste to the listener, and age may be a factor. Im a younger fan and I absolutely love the new mixes. Are they perfect? no. But Michael didn't have perfect releases as well. Michael liked long albums, and long songs. While I think some of Michael's longer songs like Dangerous and Unbreakable get a little repetitive after 4 minutes or so of the same beat. Others may love what I hate and I understand that.
But if we all forget MICHAEL JACKSON, INTEGRITY, ART, etc etc etc and we listen to these mixes with an open-mind and we don't think "psssh these are going to suck because...." then maybe you'll find a little more enjoyment out of this release. I love both versions of Escape. The new remix has a little more smoothness to it that I enjoy over the harsh punching demo.

Now, id like to talk about the Estate hate. Its unbelievable, and frankly its uncalled for now. Imagine, you are Michael Jackson and you dangled a child off the window. (you know what I mean....). Everyone hates you for it. Years later, you learned your lesson and you're smarter now and you'd never do that again. HOWEVER, EVERYONE STILL HATES YOU FOR IT.
You made and mistake, and tried to justify it. People still hound you for it. You cant Escape it, people are dead set on the past and wont look past anything else because of it.

Now, what am I talking about? Estate hate. They make a few mistakes, sure.....("but im only humannn") The Cascio tracks are a mistake, and Branca has stated they wont see the light of day on future albums. Problem solved. Some people aren't satisfied and demand the songs to be removed from the back-catalog and a full "100" page apology letter.
We will never get that. It is HIGHLY unlikely. Move on people, the show is over with. The Cascio Fiasco is dead.

When and IF the Children decide to take over the Estate. They probably wouldn't do anything about it as well. Maybe they will? but 30 years from now who will remember the Cascio tracks? Nobody. This is it, Stop Hatin'

*PS* Yes, the Estate needs to make money. If Michael was here he wouldn't be putting on shows and giving away albums for free. Right? So the argument "The Estate only wants money" is now invalid. Oh? You don't want the Estate to have money? gosh. That's like saying, "I don't want to give a sum of my money to a children's charity? Quite literally, proceeds from the Esate's projects are suppose to go toward charity. So in one way or another your either giving, or being selfish :p

VERY little chance of Quincy ever coming back.

But I would welcome them back with open arms.
Same here, Quincy is legendary. Anything planned for future release using unreleased songs from OTW to BAD I would love for Quincy to be the lead producer. I know he would bring together an excellent team of producers.

Yes!! Definitely! And WITH StarGate! :D I have no complains against ANY of the new versions :D I have listened them and absolutely loved the new productions!

Love the new versions. At first some of them were "meh" just being used to hearing the leaks for so long... but like the leaks... after a few listens they now sound fantastic!! I would say Chicago might be my favorite, I love the story.

Back