Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

The ad in Times Square is real it's authentic okay? Let's move on Tygger.. it is not photoshopped. AUTHENTIC:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

MJJuniorSinceMW, how friendly. Nice to meet you as well.

SoCav, I know it seems to be one and the same however, it is not. I am only questioning the ad being in Times Square not a member. This means I can value that member’s posts and/or contributions regardless of if the ad is there or not.

Ivy, my friend who lives in New York, U.S. has already made me aware of the video billboard. From the pictures and video, the Xscape ad is a still picture of the cd cover with no informational text. The fact that the ads are on a loop may explain to you why no one else in New York, U.S. has captured the ad or has even seen it since however, I simply disagree. I have already addressed the difference between questioning an ad and a member.

Tricia70, I like to see it with my own eyes.

I have already addressed the difference between questioning an ad and a member.

a person says they saw the ad, provide pictures and videos, you don't believe them, that equals calling them a liar. Just saying..

btw I never said the ads were on a loop. To the contrary I said we don't know how often they show the ad. It could be every 2 hours, it could be every 10 days. They could have showed the ad during announcement and stopped and will show it when the album released. Who knows. But feel free to watch the link I provided 24/7 to hopefully catch it with your own eyes.

Ivy, simply post where I called anyone, in your words, liar. You will see the ad in the link you provided before that.

My friend said the ads are on a loop. My friend has seen a particular ad with the Blue Man Group nightly around the same time.

I am not sure that ad is authentic. Only one picture from one person of the ad in all of New York, U.S. I believe Michael would have more fans than that in that area. Promotion has been the GMA announcement, press articles on the announcement, listening party reviews and fan focus group reviews.

Here's a video of the ad, hopefully you'll believe it's true lol http://youtu.be/4loDNJoT3q0

can they not simply release the official tracklisting with track times? anything!

There is an announcement about the first single coming in the next 48 hours (less than that), not the single itself. According to the same guy who said yesterday that the single is coming in 48 hours.

Gaz said earlier there were no announcements coming in the next 48 hours. Who is saying that news is coming?

Tygger;3984258 said:
I am unsure why you are stirring the conversation in that direction. I only want to know that the ad is authentic. It is strange there are not other photos online of the ad minus the three stills and the video.

Using Ivy’s link we can all see it for ourselves.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...imes-Square!?p=3977890&viewfull=1#post3977890

I was checking to see new updates, but I saw this, speechless.
I was in New York just after one or two days after the announcement, so Sony TV at Times Square played the ad
It was a surprise for me, then my girlfriend and I stood and walked around there for 2 hours, waiting for it to pop up again and again. I don't know anything when or whether it will reappear on the screen the next day or so. I just happened to see it that night.

Thanks for all the friends who know me and defend me.
I was in the United States travelling and visiting Michael's mother
So I would love to share two more pictures with you

These are the pictures of me.

063524vmaa2b2hzbbb5dkr.jpg

1211312uuy8dl16hvw86v6.jpg

Last edited:

Gaz said earlier there were no announcements coming in the next 48 hours. Who is saying that news is coming?

Dangerous_Inc ?@Dangerous_Inc 20h

The first single announcement (supposedly "Love Never Felt So Good") to be in the next 48 hours! #MJXSCAPE

Mkgenie, thank you for your post and the additional pictures. How nice it must have been to meet Michael’s mother.

I am questioning the ad being there not you personally and have said that in my posts. Could very well be you saw a test ad and no ad has been played since as it may be scheduled to play routinely at a later date. I do not know as I am not part of Estate/Sony who would know. I only know it is the peak to have an ad in New York, U.S., the Bad25 billboard previously spread online from Times Square were not authentic, and I truly want to see an Xscape ad there for many to see.

im slightly confused..so there will be an announcement regarding the first single within the next 48 hours?

Is dangerous_inc reliable?

As far as we know no announcement is expected.

How would anyone know when an announcement is planned? The build up to the build up of a single - this is crazy!

I hope there is a announcement soon. :)

Would be great.

Or maybe the Single will drop without no announcement... (Hope not!) :)

Qbees response to the single announcement:

@Dangerous_Inc*I can tell you that is FALSE info as i and other fans had a one on one face to face Chat with Estate and Sony. Jeez

Qbees response to the single announcement:

@Dangerous_Inc*I can tell you that is FALSE info as i and other fans had a one on one face to face Chat with Estate and Sony. Jeez

Can she tell us more about that meeting and listening experience? Or is she not allowed to do so?

Can she tell us more about that meeting and listening experience? Or is she not allowed to do so?

Probably not allowed to tell us more. All I want to know is whether we will be getting a single over the next week or two..qbee, gaz or anyone else with insider info would u please just be able to answer this?

Weather is great, holiday is coming - single is coming and less than a month the album drops!

Life is great!!!

It's all for L.O.V.E.

I still have the snow lol. Hoping it will eventually go away but looking forward to what is coming soon.

This is the calm before the storm.

Loving the excitement so far.

I still have the snow lol. Hoping it will eventually go away but looking forward to what is coming soon.

Gotta love year round winter! :D

Reid_Grundman_10_400px.jpg

Pictured (L-R) in session at Bernie Grundman Mastering are executive producer L.A. Reid and mastering engineer Bernie Grundman. Photo by David Goggin.

[h=2]L.A. REID MASTERS MICHAEL JACKSON'S "XSCAPE" AT BERNIE GRUNDMAN'S[/h]Eight Previously Unreleased Michael Jackson Songs

Epic Records Chairman/CEO L.A. Reid was in session recently at Bernie Grundman's for the mastering of Michael Jackson's "Xscape." The collection of eight previously unreleased Jackson songs was curated by Reid, who also decided on the final tracklist.

"Michael left behind some musical performances that we take great pride in presenting through the vision of music producers that he either worked directly with or expressed strong desire to work with. We are extremely proud and honored to present this music to the world," Reid said.

Grundman mastered most of Michael Jackson's albums, many times with recording engineer Bruce Swedien, including "Thriller," the most successful album of all time with more than 40 million in sales. L.A. Reid recalled that his very first mastering session was with Bernie Grundman in 1983.

Reid curated the final list of recordings to deliver to the producers, who retooled the production to add a fresh, contemporary sound that retains Jackson's essence and integrity. It's a process Reid calls "contemporizing." The album's lead producer, Timbaland was one of a handful of producers Reid believed had the gravitas, depth and range to creatively engage with Jackson's work. Additional producers include global hitmakers Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome "Jroc" Harmon and John McClain.

For the ultimate fan experience, "Xscape" will also be available in a Deluxe Edition, which includes all of the sourced Michael Jackson recordings in their original form. The "Xscape" standard and Deluxe Edition's are available for pre-order iTunes.com/MichaelJackson and elsewhere, and available at all retailers worldwide on May 13.

Learn More about Bernie Grundman Mastering at:
http://berniegrundmanmastering.com

http://www.emusician.com/thewire.aspx?entryid=1413&add=view

This is such a great time....

Pictured (L-R) in session at Bernie Grundman Mastering are executive producer L.A. Reid and mastering engineer Bernie Grundman. Photo by David Goggin.

L.A. REID MASTERS MICHAEL JACKSON'S "XSCAPE" AT BERNIE GRUNDMAN'S

Eight Previously Unreleased Michael Jackson Songs

Epic Records Chairman/CEO L.A. Reid was in session recently at Bernie Grundman's for the mastering of Michael Jackson's "Xscape." The collection of eight previously unreleased Jackson songs was curated by Reid, who also decided on the final tracklist.

"Michael left behind some musical performances that we take great pride in presenting through the vision of music producers that he either worked directly with or expressed strong desire to work with. We are extremely proud and honored to present this music to the world," Reid said.

Grundman mastered most of Michael Jackson's albums, many times with recording engineer Bruce Swedien, including "Thriller," the most successful album of all time with more than 40 million in sales. L.A. Reid recalled that his very first mastering session was with Bernie Grundman in 1983.

Reid curated the final list of recordings to deliver to the producers, who retooled the production to add a fresh, contemporary sound that retains Jackson's essence and integrity. It's a process Reid calls "contemporizing." The album's lead producer, Timbaland was one of a handful of producers Reid believed had the gravitas, depth and range to creatively engage with Jackson's work. Additional producers include global hitmakers Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome "Jroc" Harmon and John McClain.

For the ultimate fan experience, "Xscape" will also be available in a Deluxe Edition, which includes all of the sourced Michael Jackson recordings in their original form. The "Xscape" standard and Deluxe Edition's are available for pre-order iTunes.com/MichaelJackson and elsewhere, and available at all retailers worldwide on May 13.

Thriller 40 million in sales? - I think Thriller is the album with the most mystiq sales numbers. - Some times it's 37 million, 40, 50, 60, 70 - and Sony and Guinnes Book of records says 104 million....

I guess we will never ever get the exact numbers. - But it's funny how many different numbers are circulating...

Me myself think it is around 60-70 million sold. - But I know as little as anyone else. - But I have a hard time thinking 104 million is correct. - That must include singles, VHS etc. etc.

But more than 100 million copies sold sounds good... :lol:

[h=2]L.A. REID MASTERS MICHAEL JACKSON'S "XSCAPE" AT BERNIE GRUNDMAN'S[/h]Eight Previously Unreleased Michael Jackson Songs

Wasn't this what you was asking for before Zakk? :)

Thanks for posting.

Who did the mastering? Bernie himself or Brian Gardner?

Probably not allowed to tell us more. All I want to know is whether we will be getting a single over the next week or two..qbee, gaz or anyone else with insider info would u please just be able to answer this?

Qbee will be sharing her experience with us all shortly. She has been working on it. Why wouldn't she be allowed? It's a free country. :)

I can tell you that we aren't getting a single in 24 / 48 hours.

Back