Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

^
maybe this month

Qbee will be sharing her experience with us all shortly. She has been working on it. Why wouldn't she be allowed? It's a free country. :)

I can tell you that we aren't getting a single in 24 / 48 hours.

So she'll be allowed to tell us when the single will be released?

I am SO thankful Grundman's done the mastering. This is exactly how Michael would do it, so props to them for using his mastering companies etc trying to make it as authentic as possible. Just release that damn single to complete it!!!

So she'll be allowed to tell us when the single will be released?

No. I guess I have an issue with the word of "allowed". We'll share the information with you when we can. Until then you need to wait.

All I can say for now is that no single in next 24/48 hours and we aren't aware of any upcoming announcement.

Can we please stop talking in hours. Ivy, is something regarding the single happening this week? Can we expect something this week (announcement or release).

No. I guess I have an issue with the word of "allowed". We'll share the information with you when we can. Until then you need to wait.

All I can say for now is that no single in next 24/48 hours and we aren't aware of any upcoming announcement.

Thanks for that. My guess is we won't be getting a single until may :-(

I really think they should have released 2 singles before the album.

Now they have only time to release 1 single before the album... - They could also have released a single now - and the a single right before or at the same time as the album!

I hope it will work out fine of course - but it seems like a wasted opportunity... :(

They should have released a single today (15th) and promote it - make it get a LOT of radio play.

Then 1 week before the album 2nd single to make hype go crazy. - That way radio stations would have 2 singles to promote the album heavy in the days leading up to the album release...

It seems weird to me that the album comes before or at the same time as the single... - I know it will propably not be like that, the single will come before the album, but I feel 1 single is not enough to promote it!

Calm down, people. They have obviously planned some sort of strategy. Maybe it's something not totally in the traditional way. Whatever it is i hope it works!

The single is coming soon, there's no need to freak out.

Michael used to drive us crazy lol. He would want them to do the same I think lol.

Release date changed:

Last night, it planned to be released on May 13 in most of the EU countries, but now, it changed in accordance to the pre-order pages of Amazon.com in different countries:

May 9, 2014 Germany and Spain
May 12, 2014 France and UK
May 13, 2014 US, Canada and Italy
May 14, 2014 Japan
May 27, 2014 US (Vinyl LP)
May 29, 2014 India

and as we know, Amazon usually shipped the CD several days in advance, so in early May, we can hear the whole album!

All that anyone has said thus far is that we won't be getting a single or single announcement within 48 hours. That could easily mean that the announcement is coming this Friday.

Don't lose hope yet.

Reid_Grundman_10_400px.jpg

Pictured (L-R) in session at Bernie Grundman Mastering are executive producer L.A. Reid and mastering engineer Bernie Grundman. Photo by David Goggin.

[h=2]L.A. REID MASTERS MICHAEL JACKSON'S "XSCAPE" AT BERNIE GRUNDMAN'S[/h]Eight Previously Unreleased Michael Jackson Songs

Epic Records Chairman/CEO L.A. Reid was in session recently at Bernie Grundman's for the mastering of Michael Jackson's "Xscape." The collection of eight previously unreleased Jackson songs was curated by Reid, who also decided on the final tracklist.

"Michael left behind some musical performances that we take great pride in presenting through the vision of music producers that he either worked directly with or expressed strong desire to work with. We are extremely proud and honored to present this music to the world," Reid said.

Grundman mastered most of Michael Jackson's albums, many times with recording engineer Bruce Swedien, including "Thriller," the most successful album of all time with more than 40 million in sales. L.A. Reid recalled that his very first mastering session was with Bernie Grundman in 1983.

Reid curated the final list of recordings to deliver to the producers, who retooled the production to add a fresh, contemporary sound that retains Jackson's essence and integrity. It's a process Reid calls "contemporizing." The album's lead producer, Timbaland was one of a handful of producers Reid believed had the gravitas, depth and range to creatively engage with Jackson's work. Additional producers include global hitmakers Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome "Jroc" Harmon and John McClain.

For the ultimate fan experience, "Xscape" will also be available in a Deluxe Edition, which includes all of the sourced Michael Jackson recordings in their original form. The "Xscape" standard and Deluxe Edition's are available for pre-order iTunes.com/MichaelJackson and elsewhere, and available at all retailers worldwide on May 13.

Learn More about Bernie Grundman Mastering at:
http://berniegrundmanmastering.com

http://www.emusician.com/thewire.aspx?entryid=1413&add=view

I am so glad Bernie Grundman is doing the mastering!.. I have tons of CDs and Greatest Hits albums that Bernie Grundman has mastered & remastered and they all sound incredible

Reid_Grundman_10_400px.jpg

Pictured (L-R) in session at Bernie Grundman Mastering are executive producer L.A. Reid and mastering engineer Bernie Grundman. Photo by David Goggin.

L.A. REID MASTERS MICHAEL JACKSON'S "XSCAPE" AT BERNIE GRUNDMAN'S

Eight Previously Unreleased Michael Jackson Songs

Epic Records Chairman/CEO L.A. Reid was in session recently at Bernie Grundman's for the mastering of Michael Jackson's "Xscape." The collection of eight previously unreleased Jackson songs was curated by Reid, who also decided on the final tracklist.

"Michael left behind some musical performances that we take great pride in presenting through the vision of music producers that he either worked directly with or expressed strong desire to work with. We are extremely proud and honored to present this music to the world," Reid said.

Grundman mastered most of Michael Jackson's albums, many times with recording engineer Bruce Swedien, including "Thriller," the most successful album of all time with more than 40 million in sales. L.A. Reid recalled that his very first mastering session was with Bernie Grundman in 1983.

Reid curated the final list of recordings to deliver to the producers, who retooled the production to add a fresh, contemporary sound that retains Jackson's essence and integrity. It's a process Reid calls "contemporizing." The album's lead producer, Timbaland was one of a handful of producers Reid believed had the gravitas, depth and range to creatively engage with Jackson's work. Additional producers include global hitmakers Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome "Jroc" Harmon and John McClain.

For the ultimate fan experience, "Xscape" will also be available in a Deluxe Edition, which includes all of the sourced Michael Jackson recordings in their original form. The "Xscape" standard and Deluxe Edition's are available for pre-order iTunes.com/MichaelJackson and elsewhere, and available at all retailers worldwide on May 13.

Learn More about Bernie Grundman Mastering at:
http://berniegrundmanmastering.com

http://www.emusician.com/thewire.aspx?entryid=1413&add=view

Made my day! And it just started!

I know I give suggestions and complain when things dont go the way id like sometimes by I think we all forget at times that they know the music business better than us..

Let them do there jobs and let's enjoy what we get, they've been proving themselves every step of the way with this project thus far

I am so glad Bernie Grundman is doing the mastering!.. I have tons of CDs and Greatest Hits albums that Bernie Grundman has mastered & remastered and they all sound incredible

The loudness master of INVINCIBLE was also mastered at Bernie Grundman. Unfortunately the record companies usually let someone mess up the proper masters in order to have a stupid loudness master they want to release instead.

I. JUST. CAN'T. WAIT. !!!. *shivering*

im dieing here..just want some kind of official news..anything! !

I have doubts about the ad being in Times Square. That is not the same as having doubts about a member which is what is being suggested.

Sorry, but it does not even make sense. If a member said he took these photos and then you express doubt about the existence of those ads then you imply that that member is lying and made up the pics himself.

Thriller 40 million in sales? - I think Thriller is the album with the most mystiq sales numbers. - Some times it's 37 million, 40, 50, 60, 70 - and Sony and Guinnes Book of records says 104 million....

I guess we will never ever get the exact numbers. - But it's funny how many different numbers are circulating...

Me myself think it is around 60-70 million sold. - But I know as little as anyone else. - But I have a hard time thinking 104 million is correct. - That must include singles, VHS etc. etc.

But more than 100 million copies sold sounds good... :lol:

Just the certificated sales numbers of Thriller is more than 40 million, so the 40 million number in the article is certainly not correct. I agree, the 60-70 number is which seems about correct.

News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Seriously! They are doing EVERYTHING right with this album! BERNIE GRUNDMAN!!

Imagine the original demos with a Bernie GRUNDMAN master!!! Man, man, man...

I am so proud of Sony and the Estate this time around. They are killing it!

Thank you L.A. Reid for listening to us. You took an approach which is EXACTLY like Michael would have done.

This is awesome... Really awesome.

Last edited:

Respect77, if it does not make sense to you, it is not an issue for me. It should be vice versa.

we are getting the demos in highest quality... perfect project ever.

News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

It is so clear that they took our wishes in consideration in the 'submit your message tot the estate' thread. It made the gap between MJ fans and the estate so small!

49 hours??

:rollin:

It is like waiting for xmas and gifts, but once the day arrives, it is over too fast.
Waiting is a drag, but I wouldn't have it any other way:D

Respect77, if it does not make sense to you, it is not an issue for me. It should be vice versa.

Reading previous comments I do not think I'm the only one to whom it doesn't make sense.

Respect77, still no issue.

One day closer to Xscape's release....

I have decided to listen to the original versions first and then listen to the contemporized versions on my first listen.

Wasn't this what you was asking for before Zakk? :)

It was indeed, Bernie Grundmans's Mastering company is easily the best in the field! They produce such pure sounds! I'm glad Antonio LA is doing such a fantastic job, this album is gonna sound wonderful, Michael's true art.. The best possible way to hear it. Looking forward to the lead single! This will be the best project since The Ultimate Collection, I truly believe that!

The loudness master of INVINCIBLE was also mastered at Bernie Grundman. Unfortunately the record companies usually let someone mess up the proper masters in order to have a stupid loudness master they want to release instead.

Bernie's doing the mastering properly. The BS sound quality of the Invincible cd isn't his fault at all. I have the vinyl of Invincible which's made by a Dutch company called "MusicOnVinyl". It uses Bernies HiRes masters and it sounds superb. The problem is actually the the final step in the cd mastering chain, the cd preperation. The signal runs here through a limitter. Record companies insist to get a "strong"(->equal to loud) sounding cd as it is in the case of their competitors. So the signal gets an additional compression with the result of terrible clipping.

Back