Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Oohhhhh, I feel like requesting it now. Who's with me. :shifty: Where is this Edge?! Hehe.

EDIT: IS this their contact page? http://www.theedge.co.nz/Music/TheEdgeUChoose.aspx

http://www.theedge.co.nz/Home/ContactUs.aspx

that's the one lol. They did the same thing way back when rock my world came out. I guess some of us are born with taste .. and then there's the others haha

I've had both versions on loop for hours. Am I going out tonight? No. Party at my house!

As of 3:36 AM (NY) the Duet version is selling better than the solo version on US iTunes.

Why can I only download the solo version??! I'm in uk

Try searching "Love Never Felt So Good" I know for me it didn't show up on the XSCAPE page yet, I had to search for the song title and both versions showed up.

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
We've just listened to the "new" Michael Jackson song. It is GORGEOUS. Can't wait to add it! #retronow http://t.co/3ke7P8Igct
— Retro Hit Radio (@retrohitradio) 2014. Május 2.
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

respect77;3993913 said:
<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
We've just listened to the "new" Michael Jackson song. It is GORGEOUS. Can't wait to add it! #retronow http://t.co/3ke7P8Igct
&#8212; Retro Hit Radio (@retrohitradio) 2014. Május 2.
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
YAY. Unlike others *cough*THEEDGE.NZ*cough* ...People are tasteful and willing to give things a try. :cheeky:

Try searching "Love Never Felt So Good" I know for me it didn't show up on the XSCAPE page yet, I had to search for the song title and both versions showed up.

I have done, its showing solo and mathis... :s

Oohhhhh, I feel like requesting it now. Who's with me. :shifty: Where is this Edge?! Hehe.

EDIT: IS this their contact page? http://www.theedge.co.nz/Music/TheEdgeUChoose.aspx

http://www.theedge.co.nz/Home/ContactUs.aspx

To contact them and request MJ:

Go here: http://www.theedge.co.nz/Listen/MediaPopup/ListenLive.aspx and choose 'MSG STUDIO' (you can just put "-" for mobile number). If you're in NZ, you can also just text them (text the word studio followed by your message to 3343).

I texted them to play the song an hour and a half ago and they replied back saying they turned it off because they got an 'overwhelming response' to it or whatever (in all honesty, I think they probably got a handful of texts, if that saying they didn't like it. Not fair for those enjoying it who wouldn't bother to text their reaction to the station. Hell thats the first time I ever contacted a radio station :p).

I think they'll replay it at some point though. They often split up the different times of the day into shows, and the show that turned off MJ got off almost an hour ago so hopefully the radio presenters on now have a far better music taste :p

Last edited:

As of 3:36 AM (NY) the Duet version is selling better than the solo version on US iTunes.

Of course, JT's fans want the song with their idol too.

[double post]

Last edited:

To contact them and request MJ:

Go here: http://www.theedge.co.nz/Listen/MediaPopup/ListenLive.aspx and choose 'MSG STUDIO' (you can just put "-" for mobile number). If you're in NZ, you can also just text them (text the word studio followed by your message to 3343).

I texted them to play the song an hour and a half ago and they replied back saying they turned it off because they got an 'overwhelming response' to it or whatever (in all honesty, I think they probably got a handful of texts, if that saying they didn't like it. Not fair for those enjoying it who wouldn't bother to text their reaction to the station. Hell thats the first time I ever contacted a radio station :p).

I think they'll replay it at some point though. They often split up the different times of the day into shows, and the show that turned off MJ got off almost an hour ago so hopefully the radio presenters on now have a far better music taste :p

Awesome AWESOME for this information!!! I will keep trying and spread the Michael love. :zorro: Hehe~
Pft, they could of at least try to remix version if they didn't favor the standard. :smilerolleyes:

Does this radio usually play this Iggy Azalea-Niki Minaj type of music usually? Because if they do I can see why their audience would not like it, but otherwise I do not really buy this "overwhelming negative response" thing. After half a listen? (They did not even play it fully.) With their DJ already introducing it as crap it seems like some kind of set agenda to sink the song. Because even if one is not necessarily blown away by it, but it surely is not terrible, unlistenable, so I don't believe this huge negative response crap.

Being in the UK, it seems I also can only get the solo version.

Does anyone know when the JT version will be available to order on iTunes - in the UK?

Does this radio usually play this Iggy Azalea-Niki Minaj type of music usually? Because if they do I can see why their audience would not like it, but otherwise I do not really buy this "overwhelming negative response" thing. After half a listen? (They did not even play it fully.) With their DJ already introducing it as crap it seems like some kind of set agenda to sink the song. Because even if one is not necessarily blown away by it, but it surely is not terrible, unlistenable, so I don't believe this huge negative response crap.

Agreed. Some music stations do things like this for effect.

One station / DJ doesn't like it. Big WoWs!

Move on.....

The deluxe album is #59 on iTunes India. Singles haven't charted yet. I think this song is comparable to You Rock My World. Radio friendly. Michael would've been proud I think.

I looked at their charts on their website: Clean Bandit, 5SOS, Iggy Azalea... now, I kind of understand. Horrible music there...

This is the difference between an amateur producer (McClain) and a professional producer (Timbaland). McClain version should have remained for his personal collection. Timbaland version is amazing, I love it (with or without Justin). Same version without JT should have been on the main album and JT on deluxe. McClain version is just meh.. I hope radio picked Timbaland version for airplay.

Love Never Felt So Good trending on Facebook according to my feed...

#64 on UK iTunes.

Not sure where the Justin Timberlake version is, hasn't appeared on iTunes yet. Though when you do click on the solo version, there's a link to the JT artist section on the right...

Would be good if the two versions counted together on the charts - then it could achieve a higher position.

So how do people feel this compares to Hold My Hand, the first single off of Michael? I personally find HMH, despite it being a duet instead of a solo track, to be the stronger song both vocally and in terms of production. The history of the song and the timing of its release probably also adds a much heavier emotional punch, but even today it just represents pure love and bliss to me and never fails to give me goosebumps and put a smile on my face.

I also love the video they released for it -- it makes me sad and smile at the same time and it's probably my favorite tribute video released to date. Here's hoping they'll top it with one (or more) of the releases from Xscape.

Damn, I miss him. :heart:

P5Dpxoc.gif

I love both versions,I love both versions,I love both versions,I love both versionsI love both versionsI love both versionsI love both versionsI love both versionsI love both versionsI love both versionsI love both versions

I am so happy

635339728513931366jenniferanistonjumpingupanddowngif.gif

Ohhh Hapyyyy Dayyyyy only Michael can bring so much joy to so many people THANK YOU MICHAEL ALWAYS AND FOREVER !

Oh, so the solo version was produced by McClain?

iTunes

Love Never Felt So Good
#17 Sweden
#20 Sweden
#24 Denmark
#24 United Arab Emirates
#25 Netherlands
#34 Denmark
#37 Netherlands
#46 United Kingdom
#52 Poland
#53 Poland
#71 Norway
#123 New Zealand
#125 Norway
#130 Australia
#136 United States
#166 New Zealand
#169 Indonesia
#186 Spain
#187 Australia
#188 Spain
#190 Italy
#193 France
#247 Germany
#272 Russia
#325 Belgium
#329 Romania

Album: XSCAPE
#2 Taiwan
#4 Romania
#5 Bulgaria
#5 Grenada
#6 Azerbaijan
#6 Oman
#12 Netherlands
#18 Norway
#20 Belarus
#23 Poland
#26 Mexico
#30 Sweden
#33 Philippines
#36 Armenia
#38 Brazil
#43 Turkey
#47 United Kingdom
#64 Spain
#65 Macau
#69 Russia
#70 United States
#74 Austria
#79 Canada
#80 Germany
#80 Saudi Arabia
#82 Chile
#90 Indonesia
#111 Mauritius
#114 Australia
#116 Colombia
#118 Japan
#123 South Africa
#129 Egypt
#135 France
#138 Italy
#156 Vietnam
#168 Nigeria
#185 Greece
#207 Guatemala
#208 Ukraine
#254 Portugal
#260 Venezuela
#263 Slovenia
#294 Estonia
#312 Malaysia
#356 Argentina
#366 Moldova
#372 Thailand
#373 United Arab Emirates
#378 Bolivia
#384 Lebanon
#388 The Bahamas
#399 India

http://kworb.net/itunes/artist/michaeljackson.html

iTunes

Love Never Felt So Good
#20 Sweden
#24 Denmark
#24 United Arab Emirates
#26 Sweden
#34 Denmark
#49 United Kingdom
#59 Netherlands
#60 Netherlands
#136 United States
#169 Indonesia
#184 Australia
#325 Belgium
#335 Spain
#378 Italy
#396 Norway

Album: XSCAPE
#1 Bulgaria
#3 Taiwan
#4 Romania
#5 Grenada
#5 Oman
#6 Azerbaijan
#1 9 Poland
#20 Belarus
#22 Norway
#26 Mexico
#27 Netherlands
#30 Sweden
#33 Philippines
#36 Armenia
#37 Brazil
#43 Turkey
#55 United Kingdom
#64 Spain
#65 Macau
#69 United States
#69 Russia
#74 Austria
#80 Germany
#80 Saudi Arabia
#82 Chile
#90 Indonesia
#103 Canada
#111 Mauritius
#116 Colombia
#118 Japan
#123 South Africa
#129 Egypt
#138 Italy
#143 Australia
#154 France
#156 Vietnam
#168 Nigeria
#185 Greece
#207 Guatemala
#208 Ukraine
#253 Portugal
#260 Venezuela
#263 Slovenia
#294 Estonia
#312 Malaysia
#356 Argentina
#366 Moldova
#372 Thailand
#373 United Arab Emirates
#378 Bolivia
#384 Lebanon
#388 The Bahamas
#399 India

So how do people feel this compares to Hold My Hand, the first single off of Michael? I personally find HMH, despite it being a duet instead of a solo track, to be the stronger song both vocally and in terms of production. The history of the song and the timing of its release probably also adds a much heavier emotional punch, but even today it just represents pure love and bliss to me and never fails to give me goosebumps and put a smile on my face.

I also love the video they released for it -- it makes me sad and smile at the same time and it's probably my favorite tribute video released to date. Here's hoping they'll top it with one (or more) of the releases from Xscape.

I don't like that Hold My Hand is mostly Akon. I also prefer LNFSG as a song. But then I'm one of the few who always LOVED the demo as well.

Back