Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I honestly refuse to listen to the single, because I want to be surprised when I press play on my CD player next Friday! But you guys make me curiousss!!!

Both versions are very nice...of course I favor Mjs solo one better! =P But, I'm very happy with both! They did a damn good job with the demo! Can't wait to listen to the rest of the songs! :woohoo:

Question please: would the fact that the singles are on MJ Vevo hinder sales or is this the usual way to promote a single?

Nah, it's standard promo for almost every pop star. Plus, VEVO views officially count towards Billboard charts nowadays, so watch them as much as possible! :)

Just bought it on the Danish iTunes !!

BUT - the JT version is NOT available yet...

I LOVE IT !!! - I can't believe they made it sound so fresh and joyfull !!! - It's absolutely amazing!!!

I listened to both versions one after another in the HQ links a couple of times. I knew these versions would appear on YT but, I did not know it would be on the MJ channel!

From a production standpoint and my view, I prefer the Michael solo version. The strings are lovely, the bridge full of strings is inspired, the very end with Michael and the strings is sweet, and that production flows better.

The duet has more of today's sound but, there is a noticeable hiccup after Timberlake hands off to Michael after the bridge. Again, Timberlake does not ruin the remix however, I believe a female R/B singer would be a better choice for a duet for me.

I agree with your opinion about the two versions. Surprisingly I prefer McClain's (regardless of Timberlake now) - that's just more soulful. Flows better, like you said. Timbaland's is a bit more contemporary sounding, and whoever is a big fan of his sound (or JT) will probably prefer this. I think it's done respectfully though. JT is not made a protagonist on the track (unlike Akon was on HMH), the amount he sings is just fine. You can tell that even on a demo MJ is a better singer - but that's nothing new.

Absolutely love both versions of the song! Cannot contain myself:bored2:

The solo version is INCREDIBLE! The duet is also amazing. That performance wasn't bad either, the video's were great. Honestly so happy with how it sounds!

Lets give that song over 100 million views it SO deserves :D

Same here! Bought both! :D Agh, it's nice to be able to enjoy good music with the MJ fam.

Both versions are SO great. The solo emphasizes Michael's vocals but I feel the JT version stays truer to Michael's production aesthetic. It was very reminiscent of 'Workin' Day and Night' and DSTYGE. On Billboard, the JT mix is considered a remix and will count towards the positioning of the 'original' non demo single. It seems they're trying to set up for the song to go to number one since they're pulling out all the stops.

I should add, strings on the solo were an amazing touch. It'll sound breathtaking on the radio. I totally understand when reviewers said it sounds like today, but still very different in classic MJ fashion.

Just bought it on the Danish iTunes !!

BUT - the JT version is NOT available yet...

I LOVE IT !!! - I can't believe they made it sound so fresh and joyfull !!! - It's absolutely amazing!!!

Search for Love Never Felt So Good, buy it straight from the search page. That worked for me!

The UK can buy solo but not duet I believe. That must be coming?

:boohoo:;boohoo;

Miss you Michael!

Search for Love Never Felt So Good, buy it straight from the search page. That worked for me!

Thanks - it worked!! - Now I have both versions!!

Wow .. it jsut got played here in NZ on the countries biggest music station and they stopped playing it halfway through because the text feedback was so bad for the song. Then the hosts all agreed it sucked. Straight after that they played Iggy Azalea .. yuck!

^That's real messed up. And not even letting the song finish? Yeah, I wouldn't take a radio station like that too seriously, even if they're considered "big." Welp, they're missing out. :)

Wow .. it jsut got played here in NZ on the countries biggest music station and they stopped playing it halfway through because the text feedback was so bad for the song. Then the hosts all agreed it sucked. Straight after that they played Iggy Azalea .. yuck!

Sums up their taste(lessness) in music then. LOL.

I can't take a radio (and their audience) take seriously where they think Iggy Azalea is a great artist, but MJ sucks...

Last edited:

3670-lolwut.jpg

I agree with your opinion about the two versions. Surprisingly I prefer McClain's (regardless of Timberlake now) - that's just more soulful. Flows better, like you said. Timbaland's is a bit more contemporary sounding, and whoever is a big fan of his sound (or JT) will probably prefer this. I think it's done respectfully though. JT is not made a protagonist on the track (unlike Akon was on HMH), the amount he sings is just fine. You can tell that even on a demo MJ is a better singer - but that's nothing new.

Mclain and Tuinfort did an amazing production job because it was much more difficult to work with the demo than the mulitracks. I agree with you that it is soulful and it reminded me of the soulful duets between R/B singers like Marvin Gaye and Tammy Terrell singing about a shared love. I am not being rude however, Timberlake is neither here nor there on the remix because the standout and the selling point is the music. I would have preferred Timbaland go deeper into the soulful, Gaye/Terrell romantic effect and utilized a female singer to support Michael.

Because the other producers have it easier with the multitracks, I cannot wait to hear what they have in store! The idea of BG starting as an acapella has intrigued me! I truly hope there is a gem in there and they made magic.

i absolutely adore the Michael & JT duet of love never felt so good, there voices work together so well! the estate chose very well, i'm so happy! absolutely incredible project.. god bless everyone who put there time into this whole campaign!!!!!

Sums up their taste(lessness) in music then. LOL.

Ah yeah. The general listening audience of top 40 radio is 12 year old girls who want to be gangsta's so I wouldn't worry too much. haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank YOU estate!! and LA!

Dam i a am a mess right now, i miss Michael so much, but to hear these 2 brilliant productions is fantastic. You done great job La and Timberland.

Terry

Now I'm feeling greedy .. WANT MORE NOW hhaha. THis shoudl tide me over til the album though.

Now I'm feeling greedy .. WANT MORE NOW hhaha. THis shoudl tide me over til the album though.
Me too! Ugh. I'm ready to get slayed by the productions of Xscape!!! :D

Wow. O_O That's really awful AND unprofessional. I've never heard of a radio station stopping a song midway through cause of bad reviews. Screw those guys! >.

Have to say I prefer the JT version, John's version is very flat. Brilliant to hear his vocals in HQ though! Great day for the MJ fans!

Ah yeah. The general listening audience of top 40 radio is 12 year old white girls who want to be gangsta's so I wouldn't worry too much. haha

Yeah, 12-year-olds who have brainwashed into thinking people like Iggy Azelea, Miley Cyrus etc. are the great artists...

What the f*ck?! Which station? ...and who on earth sends quick text feedback to a station saying they hate a song?

Back