Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

I totally disagree here, there is a reason Wades allegations did not get much attention in the first place. If this was 4-5 years ago yesss news media would blast it like crazy.. After MJ's passing the news has been forced to be a bit more pro Michael due to the sensitivity of everything surrounding the fact he is not here.. Wades news will NOT get large attention, it will be mentioned for sure!! But its not going to be a drawn out daily fallow like previous allegations.. I will bet on that!!

Mentioning's will happen, that's a given - but it takes more than mentioning's to stop something like this. They (media) cannot and will not push the negativity so largely because they do what sells, and right now the negativity does not sell as well as jumping on the legacy bandwagon.. They call him "Pop icon", "King of Pop", "Legend" - these are terms they stopped using publically for yearsssss.. The tide changed, there will still be dips and turns, but its moving..

there were 10,000 votes on a poll about the wade situation... so :/ URGH. positive thing is though, there were more people who believed michael was innocent which is fantastic :) i think the new album may get pushed back so only the world will focus on Michael's soothing and powerful voice, i think the new album should be called, something with ''eternal'' or ''forever'' included in the title, i think that.. with a strong album cover, make it more vibrant would be a great plus for the whole project.

Unfortunately that's not true. I guarantee that if this album drops at the same time as the Wade trial, every media outlet will either report on (a) only the trial, ignoring the album itself, or (b) the album, but throw a mention of the trial in there somewhere.

There is not going to be a trial any time soon. The next court date for Wade's claims is June 2014 and that will be a date where it will be decided whether his creditor's claim can go ahead or gets thrown out. Even if it would go ahead there would still months pass until a trial - there is preparation phase, discovery phase etc. The whole procedure could drag out for years, so if the Estate is waiting for the Wade situation to end before they want to release anything then we can't expect anything in 2014 IMO. Because of this I don't think the Estate is waiting for that.

There is not going to be a trial any time soon. The next court date for Wade's claims is June 2014 and that will be a date where it will be decided whether his creditor's claim can go ahead or gets thrown out. Even if it would go ahead there would still months pass until a trial - there is preparation phase, discovery phase etc. The whole procedure could drag out for years, so if the Estate is waiting for the Wade situation to end before they want to release anything then we can't expect anything in 2014 IMO. Because of this I don't think the Estate is waiting for that.

Well I knew about that -- I didn't mean to use the word trial. But still, if for whatever reason it WAS decided the case will go ahead, the public will go crazy.

we are just scarred from the 93 and 03-05 allegations.. It's different now guys, so much has changed since then.

Plus if the statement above is saying that June we will know IF there is a trial, than we realllly have no worry about for June.. Who knows even IF it will!

damnit i dont care do you know where your children are deserves to be on the next album! I take back what i said previously, after having the song on repeat for the last half an hour. IMO this is one of the top three unreleased tracks that should be on the album (Place with no name, slave to the rhythym and do you know where your children are). I dont care what the title is, change it to 'Do You Know (12 oclock)' if they must, who gives a damn if people talk negative about it because of the lyrics. MJ put his heart and soul into his work and it should be heard, regardless of any critisism it might receive.

we are just scarred from the 93 and 03-05 allegations.. It's different now guys, so much has changed since then.

Plus if the statement above is saying that June we will know IF there is a trial, than we realllly have no worry about for June.. Who knows even IF it will!

Honestly, I wouldn't say so. When it was announced that Wade had made allegations, almost EVERYONE reported it. I saw it on dozens of news websites. On the other hand, when Timbaland admitted he was working on a new Michael Jackson album, no one really cared. It showed up on a few, but definitely not enough. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer here; I just feel like the estate should release the album before the court date and promote it as much as possible before then.

damnit i dont care do you know where your children are deserves to be on the next album! I take back what i said previously, after having the song on repeat for the last half an hour. IMO this is one of the top three unreleased tracks that should be on the album (Place with no name, slave to the rhythym and do you know where your children are). I dont care what the title is, change it to 'Do You Know (12 oclock)' if they must, who gives a damn if people talk negative about it because of the lyrics. MJ put his heart and soul into his work and it should be heard, regardless of any critisism it might receive.

You say that now. When that song gets released, the media is going to tear it apart limb from limb and then fans are gonna say, "It was so stupid for the estate to release this song!" I agree that it's a phenomenal song but for the time being it should stay in the vault. Michael Jackson singing about child abuse would garner the same response as if Chris Brown sang about domestic violence.

Honestly, I wouldn't say so. When it was announced that Wade had made allegations, almost EVERYONE reported it. I saw it on dozens of news websites. On the other hand, when Timbaland admitted he was working on a new Michael Jackson album, no one really cared. It showed up on a few, but definitely not enough. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer here; I just feel like the estate should release the album before the court date and promote it as much as possible before then.

You say that now. When that song gets released, the media is going to tear it apart limb from limb and then fans are gonna say, "It was so stupid for the estate to release this song!" I agree that it's a phenomenal song but for the time being it should stay in the vault. Michael Jackson singing about child abuse would garner the same response as if Chris Brown sang about domestic violence.

Wade did not get a lot of traction at all... he went on the Today show and folks still wasn't falling for his lies. In this world of social media, folks can go on you tube and investigate Wade and his past actions with MJ.. The dude has 20 years of praising MJ before, during and after his death on you tube, in interviews, on dance shows and everywhere else.... That is why this story didn't get a lot of traction..

Yea, I don't know where this "EVERYONE reported Wade's allegations" stuff is coming from. And I don't think the situation is credible enough to damage any album forthcoming album release, especially since a judge still has yet to say this is going to trial. Those that did report Wades allegations, nearly all of them questioned his credibility, even TMZ shockingly enough. He went on the Today Show and immediately after the interview, they questioned his credibility, CNN, HLN, all of them have questioned Wade's credibility, that's the main issue with this situation, it's no longer "Michael did these heinous things" it's now "Can we even believe this guy"? They've all shown Wades interview months prior to coming out to these allegations where he's praising Michael and saying how much of a wonderful human being he is, they've all made note that this only came about after he was let go from the MJ ONE project. They've all mentioned his ever changing excuses for why he finally came out with this after all this time, from the repressed memory, to knowing about it all along but never saying anything to anyone, to remembering one day out of the clear blue sky. It's no longer this objectivity with Michael and allegations, especially in Wade's case, people are now being questioned for what they say, and it's most evident with Wade's case.

^^ When the news broke I searched Michael's name on Google, and got at least three straight pages of "new child molestation allegations against the King of Pop". Regardless of whether or not people believed him, they all reported it.

Let's fast forward to June 2014. The five year anniversary of Michael's death. Wade enters court to see if his claims could be considered valid enough for criminal court. Let's say that for whatever reason, it is decided that the case will be taken seriously. That means that Wade has presented some piece of irrefutable evidence that suggests that Michael did sexually abuse him. Then at the same time, a new Michael Jackson album is due for release. Which do you think the media is going to focus on?

Like we always say, without promotion this album is going to flop. As much as I hate to say it, the Michael album was the estate's biggest seller because it was being talked about on every corner of the globe. Mainly for the Cascio scandal, yes, but regardless. No other estate release has hit the top five on the US charts but Michael. We need to get that kind of universal exposure for this one (although not for similar reasons).

Michael Jackson singing about child abuse would garner the same response as if Chris Brown sang about domestic violence.

Um, no. Chris Brown really did beat women. Michael Jackson did not molest children. I know you meant public perception, but still it was an unfortunate comparison.

That means that Wade has presented some piece of irrefutable evidence that suggests that Michael did sexually abuse him.

No that would not mean that. It would only mean he's within the statues of limitations. Because that's the only thing that will be decided on June 2014, not whether or not MJ abused him. He claims he did not know about the administration of the Estate until March 2013 therefore he is entitled to file his complaint when he did. A quite impossible claim because 1) the administration of MJ's Estate was worldwide news, 2) he himself worked on/contributed to Estate sponsored projects such as Opus and he was in talks with the Cirque show, 3) his own long-time lawyer is on the record talking about MJ's Estate in 2009. The American justice system can produce crazy things sometimes, so I'm not totally calm about it, but the June 2014 hearing is about statues. And if something goes to trial that does not mean the accuser has "irrefutable evidence". Did the Arvizos have irrefutable evidence?

Do You Know Where Your Children, in my opinion is Michael's best unreleased song to date, and it's a real shame that those B.S false allegations as to put a dent in it.

Do You Know Where Your Children, in my opinion is Michael's best unreleased song to date, and it's a real shame that those B.S false allegations as to put a dent in it.

one of them, it ain't the best though! it could work on a future release as Michael's agressive voice is similar to how it's always been! I honestly think APWNN, Escape & Blue Gangsta are the best I've heard :)

Well, I don't think fans are gonna do that. The media and their ignorance should not put a halt to the estate releasing a song with a beyond good message. And to the response part...well yeah, it just might create a media shit storm, but once again..it's just the media and their ignorance. To be honest, the only thing that matters is that WE as fans know the meaning. It shouldn't matter what the media or haters say.

one of them, it ain't the best though! it could work on a future release as Michael's agressive voice is similar to how it's always been! I honestly think APWNN, Escape & Blue Gangsta are the best I've heard :)

I feel that Do You Know Where Your Children Are captures that classic Michael Jackson sound far better than the songs you've listed

Put out 12 O'Clock, and screw the haters. It's a song that shows what Michael was worried about and it's a good song with a very good message, most of parents today should follow.

Don't worry about what people might think, Michael is gone. Only facts matters now.

Put out 12 O'Clock, and screw the haters. It's a song that shows what Michael was worried about and it's a good song with a very good message, most of parents today should follow.

Don't worry about what people might think, Michael is gone. Only facts matters now.

Pretty much.

The estate is a business though. They have to think about things like that. If there is an album coming then they need to promote it and they will probably use the media for it too. The focus needs to be on the music.

Um, no. Chris Brown really did beat women. Michael Jackson did not molest children. I know you meant public perception, but still it was an unfortunate comparison.

My apologies; in hindsight that wasn't the best comparison. It was the only sensible one that came to mind at the time however. But regardless, no business would do that. It's a prime reason why Monster (the 1998 Brad Buxer collaboration) won't be released anytime soon -- because Michael Jackson singing about drug addiction leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I find it hard to listen to Morphine for that reason alone.

The estate is a business though. They have to think about things like that. If there is an album coming then they need to promote it and they will probably use the media for it too. The focus needs to be on the music.
What are you saying though? One song won't ruin anything, it's not like they are going to lose thousands of sales because one song sings about kids being out too late, which can lead to bad things like being sexually abused. This happens in real life.

What are you saying though? One song won't ruin anything, it's not like they are going to lose thousands of sales because one song sings about kids being out too late, which can lead to bad things like being sexually abused. This happens in real life.

I just mean I think they are probably more cautious in what they decide to do. What is a smart business move to them might be different what we think is a good choice.

It's a prime reason why Monster (the 1998 Brad Buxer collaboration) won't be released anytime soon -- because Michael Jackson singing about drug addiction leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I find it hard to listen to Morphine for that reason alone.

I don't think that's the reason.That you have a hard time listening to Morphine is a personal thing, but that does not mean everyone else feels the same way about that song. I, for one, like the honesty and genuinity of that song. Again, Michael did have problems with drugs at certain times of his life, but he did absolutely not molest children. And DYKWYCA is not about him molesting kids but about him singing AGAINST child abuse.

I get your concern about how the media could twist it and mock him and call him a hypocrite or whatever but there is no way anyone could deduct from that song that he molested kids. So it's again a completely different matter than him singing about drug addiction.

But I get the concern about that some media could make negative hoopla about that song and I think it probably won't be released any time soon or at least not without earsing that line from it, like they did earse the line "she's only 15" from Hollywood Tonight. But I hated what they did to HT. If they are not ready to convey Michael's full message in a song then they should leave that song alone and not release it at all instead of butchering and changing MJ's message.

I really hate it how Michael's message about child abuse got silenced because of a couple of greedy people. In Hollywood Tonight Michael sings about the child abuse in Hollywood and that's such a big problem that people tend to ignore and most people in Hollywood keep silent about it, and it's so powerful that Michael sang about it in HT, yet they felt the need to change his message because of fear of some idiotic comments in the media. So sad.

Last edited:

knew there was a different recording of monster! would be great to hear it someday! I'm sure it's fantastic, I think Morphine is a classic song! with a great middle verse, his pure vocals.. works so well with the heartbreak Michael felt recording the song, you could hear the pain in his vocals! looking forward to hearing the magic of Michael Jackson for years to come! hopefully another couple of albums!

But I get the concern about that some media could make negative hoopla about that song and I think it probably won't be released any time soon or at least not without earsing that line from it, like they did earse the line "she's only 15" from Hollywood Tonight. But I hated what they did to HT. If they are not ready to convey Michael's full message in a song then they should leave that song alone and not release it at all instead of butchering and changing MJ's message.

I really hate it how Michael's message about child abuse got silenced because of a couple of greedy people. In Hollywood Tonight Michael sings about the child abuse in Hollywood and that's such a big problem that people tend to ignore and most people in Hollywood keep silent about it, and it's so powerful that Michael sang about it in HT, yet they felt the need to change his message because of fear of some idiotic comments in the media. So sad.

Your entire post is true, but I had to point this out specifically. In Hollywood Tonight, Michael DOES sing about child abandonment and child abuse, yes. But the estate instructed Teddy Riley to remove the only existing lyric that would hint towards that -- "She's only fifteen". With that removed, the story could very easily be about a woman of age.

I really think people are overthinking way too much!! trying to psychoanalyze everything far deeper than the general public will...

The Wade thing, and DYKWYCA will not make a big negative impact.. Michael has a song called Morphine, which could be much more controversial than a song about a story of basically a run away lost child that had a messed up home.. Yes Morphine was mentioned on the news, but ask 50 people at work what was the song that MJ sang that could have backed up support that he was an addict.. I bet you there is a good chance that not ONE person would know the name of the song, and most would only remember hearing something mentioning of a song about drugs..

These two things will be bleeps on the map and that's it.. Wades thing a bit bigger than controversy over the song but, we need to stop worrying. Michael released a song about a child being murdered after the first allegations, how many people know that song outside the fan community?

Michael was ripped to shreds and ridiculed and trashed so much over the years. I think as a fan I just can't help but think the worst. I think it's just habit. I don't want to come across negative just cautious. I just want people to celebrate Michael and not always twist things around.

Most of people will not give a damn about what will say the tabloids about DYKWYCA, maybe some of them will search the song, because of curiosity, and they will learn the true message of this song. The tabloid press must be extremely idiot to talk negative things about this song just because of the title. Wade case didn't made so much fuss like '05 trial or Murray's trial.

^ Most people don't even care about lyrics anymore, it's all about the melody and instrumental, and DYKWYCA hits those pretty good.

They wont give crap about the dang song lyrics because every news outlet knows they are opening themselves up for lawsuits.. He was acquitted, legally if a news cast team, person, channel makes him appear to be guilty of the type of behavior he was found NOT guilty for than that opens too many windows for financial loss and ridicule..

The wade story they can speculate and talk about it, but the song is different... 95% of the time any allegation related stuff comes up they will mention that he was acquitted because it helps them legally protect themselves..

They don't have the same playing field, we can't forget that.. Even the few times people made it out like he was guilty (after his passing) they got ripped apart..

There are people that have music about stuff they've actually been in trouble for and flaunting it.. (Drugs/guns/rape/theft/murder/prostitution etc)

When someone is not here to defend themselves it is automatically viewed as tasteless to portray them in a negative way unless they are convicted or publically with admission says they've done..

Comedians are the only ones that could really get away with more!! which they wont the same way for the most part because they know in the audience there will be fans..

We are not pre allegations anymore, not only that it's after his passing...

My question is is there a new album on the way?

Did the Estate say there would be 7 or 10 albums coming out now until 2017? I could be wrong anyone feel free to correct me.

Back