Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

They should give us a little hint, just to keep us going... On the other hand, I will be just as excited when we finally get more details no matter how long it takes.

What I got from tweets/speculation until now:
Michael Prince, Brad Buxer, Bruce Swedien had the task to go trough harddrives. It's possible they are responsible for the "original" versions (maybe only for "their" tracks).

It's safe to say the following tracks are beeing considered:
-WMCIG (http://instagram.com/p/XrCLrQDwD7/#)
-Blue Gangsta
-Place without no name
-Slave to the rhythm
-Chicago

also possible
-She was lovin me
-Escape
-Do you know where your children are
-some Darkchild tracks
-Neff-u, RedOne, Will.i.am songs (depending on the songs/negotiations)

Timbaland is working on updated versions. But I'm not convinced yet he is doing the whole album by himself, probably just a couple of tracks.

Last edited:

Please, don't screw this up. Give us Timbaland's interpretation, and just give us a butload of unadultred demos. Don't constrain the number of demos and takes (that the fans ultimatly want) by the archaic running length limitations of Audio CD's. There is thing called the internent and near infinite bandwidth that we enjoy today. Just chuck a truckload of demos into an iTunes Digital Download exclusive and I will be happy :)

will.i.am would be hypocrite to release now

hypocrite or not, I want those songs lol! so it wont bother me a bit..

I'm not complaining, but I wonder if they even approached RedOne to see if he wanted/could work on the updated versions instead of Timbaland? After all, he was one of the last people to work with Michael and certainly knew from their sessions what sounds MJ liked and what not.

Anyway, if the goal is to have a "current" hit I think they should go with RedOne.

Last edited:

Please, don't screw this up. Give us Timbaland's interpretation, and just give us a butload of unadultred demos. Don't constrain the number of demos and takes (that the fans ultimatly want) by the archaic running length limitations of Audio CD's. There is thing called the internent and near infinite bandwidth that we enjoy today. Just chuck a truckload of demos into an iTunes Digital Download exclusive and I will be happy :)

I would agree if it's a lossless download, not if it's mp3 quality. But I still would like to have a physical copy, it feels more precious to me than just a file on your harddrive.

iTunes is crappy quality. Trust me.

^ It's because its from Apple! lol... When you don't innovate or invent anything in technology you are going to find hiccups. While there are plenty of Apple products I like, I still am well aware they are not the most technically inclined group AT ALL.. lol! They know how to market though!

I want Album news like NOW! better yet, yesterday!!!

^^
Sorry, i don't trust you!
I'm into lossless recordings a lot. I also have some audiophile recordings.
And i still can say without remorse: iTunes audio files are not bad quality. Most people wouldn't notice even a slight difference, when tested in a double blind setting.

trust me? I wasn't really talking solely about iTunes.. I was more so talking about Apple products in general, it's no secret that Apple steals technology and ideas and use them as there own.. And when you don't create it there is no way you can fully understand every aspect to the technology the way the inventors. Apple has done a great job on finding ways to be crooks and be rewarded for it. I'm not hating cuz I'd love to be a part of it lol! But it's true..

Steve Jobs said himself: "Good Artists Copy; Great Artists Steal" with his own omission. I guess why I even mention it, I just feel bad for the companies that do invent and Apple not only gets the financial benefit and acknowledgment for it. They turn around and take the companies to court when they (inventors) use there own technology because Apple patens it.

As far as iTunes, a lot of people do actually complain about it, and a lot of people like it.. I know plenty of people that hate iTunes but I am well aware that most of America and a lot of other places outside the states like Apple for anything they release.. Apple is "dummy proof".. and no I'm not calling anyone a dummy, that's just a term of simplifying it so everyone would use it easily.

I'm not complaining, but I wonder if they even approached RedOne to see if he wanted/could work on the updated versions instead of Timbaland? After all, he was one of the last people to work with Michael and certainly knew from their sessions what sounds MJ liked and what not.

Anyway, if the goal is to have a "current" hit I think they should go with RedOne.

Honestly, I hope not. Off hand the only material I know from him is his work with Lady Gaga, and that's pure europop nonsense. Unless the material was originally done that way, I don't want it to become that (as was the case with Slave to the Rhythm).

Honestly, I hope not. Off hand the only material I know from him is his work with Lady Gaga, and that's pure europop nonsense. Unless the material was originally done that way, I don't want it to become that (as was the case with Slave to the Rhythm).

one good thing about RedOne's work with Lady Gaga is that it is very melodic. I'm not saying that he'll turn MJ's music into europop (I have nothing against that type of music btw) but he could bring out the melodies in MJ's music, and I'm all for a great melodic song

I'll take RedOne over Will i am's melodic-less auto tuned bull s**t that's for sure

Last edited:

RedOne is a good producer.. His styles go far past a 'lady gaga' sound.. you have to remember Lady Gaga is one of those artists that push ther own creative control so a lot of what you hear is her.. Not just producer.. He's produced and written for so many artists: Akon, Mary J Blige, Nicki Minaj, Usher, lil wayne, Cher, Lionel Richie, Shakira, Jennifer Lopez, the list goes on.. He even helped with production of "We Are The World 25" Now if you think Quincy is a good producer yet would still find benefit in RedOne joining to help... That says something to me.

RedOne is a good producer.. His styles go far past a 'lady gaga' sound.. you have to remember Lady Gaga is one of those artists that push ther own creative control so a lot of what you hear is her.. Not just producer.. He's produced and written for so many artists: Akon, Mary J Blige, Nicki Minaj, Usher, lil wayne, Cher, Lionel Richie, Shakira, Jennifer Lopez, the list goes on.. He even helped with production of "We Are The World 25" Now if you think Quincy is a good producer yet would still find benefit in RedOne joining to help... That says something to me.

Right, he is responsible for many (radio friendly) hits. See his work on http://www.redoneprod.com/

been away for a week, and coming back to all this timbaland crap.. it's not even about Michael. I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything until at least winter time.. yes it's taking a long time but it's not easier for anyone else. #bored

If I know one thing, it's that Timbaland won't screw this up. It's common knowledge that he can make great music when he tries and he has a dedication to Michael. So he's gonna put his all into it, that much I know.

People are worried about Timbaland & MJ. I'm not.
The music is in good hands.

People are worried about Timbaland & MJ. I'm not.
The music is in good hands.

i will take your word with a little confidence... i just hope we get a disc with the unedited versions. that's all i want.

Can someone give me some examples of some good music that Timberland as produced over the years?

Aaliyah, Nelly Furtado (Loose album), Justin Timberlake...

Aaaliyah: Are You that somebody, Try again, Miss You, I Care 4 You)

Nelly Furtado: Really the complete "Loose" album (esp.: Say It Right, All Good Things, Wait For You, Maneater)

JT: Cry Me A River, What goes around comes around, My Love (the whole future sex/love sounds album)

^ that's just some really really real gems from the top of my head.
There are more. And of course he did some bad stuff too. It's like with most artists and producers nowadays. You can always expect a little garbage ;-)

It's the same with wiLLiAm: How much good work he put out in the past. And now it's just too much, too cheap, too bubble gum electronic britney bit**y pu**y stuff... ;-)

Last edited:

Can someone give me some examples of some good music that Timberland as produced over the years?

Also the Timbaland remix of "Apologise" by OneRepublic. If you compare the original and the Timbaland remix, I think that's what we could expect when Timbaland says " flip it here and there,... but don't loose the essence".

Original version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfhN0JinPrU
Timbaland remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSM3w1v-A_Y

In time, I prefer the original "Apologise" track, though.

Last edited:

From Timbaland's 'Shock Value' album:

The Way I Are

Scream

Give It To Me

(all perfect dance floor / car cruising songs)

Back