Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

Sony is a distributor. They didn't tell anyone "remove this line, change this song" etc. Its up to the Estate and the Producers.

Stop blaming the company.

Like Respect77 said, "Give Timbaland a chance"
Escape sounds like an early 2000's track too....its good, but it needs an update too.

I disagree. Of course they didn't say "remove this line, change this song".. But I doubt Sony would release a Michael Jackson song with "She's only 15" line or a song with "Do You Know Where Your Children Are" in the chorus.

I'll blame the company until they release a decent product. Estate too.

that's why it is very important for us to get a bonus disc of the original demo's, now that even more of the debts are paid off surely they can sell a deluxe edition for us fans on the official website? they know how much Michael's un altered art means to us.. and they won't have to over produce the compact discs and the cases they're enclosed in.. it's all logical, everyone can be a winner if this goes right...

Note: this song SLAYS ANYTHING....

Great song but definately needs a update. Not a fan of the computerized beats at all. Great vocals by MJ. I think a lot of the opinions on this board depend on ones age. I for one am good with Tim producing the whole album. I donot care much for Tim's songs but do believe he will do justice to MJ. I would prefer no Teddy no Rodney. This is a forum that welcomes debate that's what its for. I have read all the posts. Some of us try to force our opinions on others that is not right. Bottom line we are all MJ die hard fans and we want the best we can get. Remember the most important thing... MJ is not here to oversee the final product. Due try to enjoy fans the time is nearing. Peace!

Great song but definately needs a update. Not a fan of the computerized beats at all. Great vocals by MJ. I think a lot of the opinions on this board depend on ones age. I for one am good with Tim producing the whole album. I do not care much for Tim's songs but do believe he will do justice to MJ. I would prefer no Teddy no Rodney. This is a forum that welcomes debate that's what its for. I have read all the posts. Some of us try to force our opinions on others that is not right. Bottom line we are all MJ die hard fans and we want the best we can get. Remember the most important thing... MJ is not here to oversee the final product. Due try to enjoy fans the time is nearing. Peace!

MJ die hard fans want REMIX tracks and NOT original MJ finished works???

lol, stop kidding please!!!

I would love to see Daft Punk produce an updated version of Sunset Driver, and I know that we all know that song but it will be new to the general public. Daft Punk is great when it comes to that type of music and they could give it a tasteful update.

May I ask one question?
Why Estate/Sony think original MJ finished work doesn't sell??
Do we really need some producers to update/remix MJ's Music????
I'll pay for only original MJ's Music, i don't like the remix/update music, it means nothing to me, and not playable at all for me.
'Another Day' is not playable, 'HT' is not playable, 'Best of Joy' is also hard to hear.

Original MJ Music can be sell, it sells, it sells well!!!

Let his music free!!!

Sony does have say on what they release.... If they don't want specific songs or specific releases they will try stopping it. Anything that they feel could tamper sales and potential they can basically Veto..

Generally speaking the Michael Jackson estate (when MJ was living) would represent MICHAEL and what he and his team want.. IF it were true Sony would not say "no", "We do it this way", or "remove this line, change this song"... Than none of the MJ vs. Sony drama would never have happened.. Michael wanted specific things for example for Invincible and it was Sony who prevented it. NOT his own estate!

Another Day & Hollywood Tonight were both produced by Teddy Riley for the 'Michael' Album. My point provails again. Producers on this new record should be: Bradley Buxer, Robin Thicke, Darkchild & Theron Feemster, possibly Teddy Riley also. He claims he was set up during the creation of the 'MICHAEL' album.. so i believe he deserves another chance. Mastering by Bernie Grundman, Engineering by Bruce Swedien and sound supervising by Michael Durham Prince.

Edit: Neff-U worked on Hollywood Tonight, still a producer Michael personally worked with though so.. no change in my meaning.

:doh::doh:

Another Day & Hollywood Tonight were both produced by Teddy Riley for the 'Michael' Album. My point provails again. Producers on this new record should be: Bradley Buxer, Robin Thicke, Darkchild & Theron Feemster, possibly Teddy Riley also. He claims he was set up during the creation of the 'MICHAEL' album.. so i believe he deserves another chance. Mastering by Bernie Grundman, Engineering by Bruce Swedien and sound supervising by Michael Durham Prince.

Edit: Neff-U worked on Hollywood Tonight, still a producer Michael personally worked with though so.. no change in my meaning.

Another Day was produced by Lenny Kravitz.

Robin Thicke is not a producer. Pharrell Williams produced Blurred Lines.

Sony does have say on what they release.... If they don't want specific songs or specific releases they will try stopping it. Anything that they feel could tamper sales and potential they can basically Veto..

Generally speaking the Michael Jackson estate (when MJ was living) would represent MICHAEL and what he and his team want.. IF it were true Sony would not say "no", "We do it this way", or "remove this line, change this song"... Than none of the MJ vs. Sony drama would never have happened.. Michael wanted specific things for example for Invincible and it was Sony who prevented it. NOT his own estate!

My biggest pet peeve about music. The business people in suits telling artists how to create their music.

you don't see the point though, Robin thicke didn't write any other of Michael's unreleased song's.. i'm sure he can work his magic on a unreleased ballad.. the instrumentals on blurred lines and fall again prove his skills.. i just think that if we can get artists like these, and classic artists who worked with Michael earlier and in the later years.. we can get a level ground of material and all would be stunning. Timbaland only spoke with Michael on the phone.. plus, Teddy riley didn't edit Michael's vocal tracks as you all know.. so it ain't even his fault.. Eddie Cascio messed with the vocal tracks before they were sent off to the estate. I hope thing's will be done right. Good day.

As far as Robin's music goes, I think his production is fine. As much as I hate his new album, songs like Get in My Way, Ain't No Hat 4 That and even Blurred Lines have pretty good instrumentation. Just as long as he doesn't turn it into anything new (i.e. Give it to You, which is a God awful song in my opinion).

Additionally, Eddie didn't do anything to the vocal tracks. He handed over the multi tracks to the Estate exactly as they were recorded.

I disagree. Of course they didn't say "remove this line, change this song".. But I doubt Sony would release a Michael Jackson song with "She's only 15" line or a song with "Do You Know Where Your Children Are" in the chorus.

I'll blame the company until they release a decent product. Estate too.

The Estate puts the products together. Sony can only reject it if they feel it would have some sort of legal/moral ramifications towards them or Michael. As you said, they probably wouldn't go for the release of Do You Know. I don't blame them though -- let's hold off on controversy for now, especially considering the Wade Robson allegations are still going.

The Michael album was passed through without many hold offs, though. The idea to remove the "she's only fifteen" line was suggested by the Estate.

Additionally, Eddie didn't do anything to the vocal tracks. He handed over the multi tracks to the Estate exactly as they were recorded.

Exactly!

Please don't bring fake Michael Jackson songs into this thread

I dunno. I'm looking pretty good with my new haircut

I'm sure you do. It's funny I didn't sleep at all at the hospital. Nurses kept coming in and asking me what I was watching on my phone, MJ concerts on YouTube as they kept pumping me with some diladin crap. Not a fan of that stuff

I'm sure you do. It's funny I didn't sleep at all at the hospital. Nurses kept coming in and asking me what I was watching on my phone, MJ concerts on YouTube as they kept pumping me with some diladin crap. Not a fan of that stuff

Still got that stylish haircut

you don't see the point though, Robin thicke didn't write any other of Michael's unreleased song's.. i'm sure he can work his magic on a unreleased ballad.. the instrumentals on blurred lines and fall again prove his skills.. i just think that if we can get artists like these, and classic artists who worked with Michael earlier and in the later years.. we can get a level ground of material and all would be stunning. Timbaland only spoke with Michael on the phone.. plus, Teddy riley didn't edit Michael's vocal tracks as you all know.. so it ain't even his fault.. Eddie Cascio messed with the vocal tracks before they were sent off to the estate. I hope thing's will be done right. Good day.

Pharrell Williams produced Blurred Lines :)

Pharrell Williams produced Blurred Lines :)

i was pointing out his work on fall again for the most part, i believe if there is a wonderful ballad coming to this record then Robin could work some magic.

i was pointing out his work on fall again for the most part, i believe if there is a wonderful ballad coming to this record then Robin could work some magic.

I love this "remix"
Michael's demo mixed with Robin Thicke & Kenny G's version of Fall Again :)

I love this "remix"
Michael's demo mixed with Robin Thicke & Kenny G's version of Fall Again :)

I had liked it a lot better if it was only MJ singing. - But the instrumentation is awesome! - The sax or whatever it is sounds great! - Even more emotions put into it!

but you still stated incorrectly that he produced blurred lines which he didn't. But yes his worj on fall again was stellar but that was almost 15 years ago. I am not too familiar with Robin Thicks plethora of work but from what i've heard lately i don't think he's the right man for the job.

Walter afanasieff on the other hand is another story.

I hope we will get some official clues/statement soon.

It seems like June is a very realistic month for the release - but I would rather august. Rather MJ's birthday than the day/month he died.... :(

Robin Thicke isn't a good producer for the most part. I got his album on a whim and was severely disappointed with the ballads. Many of them felt empty, unfulfilled in a way, which is not how most of Michael's ballads were.

His up-tempo numbers were alright (mainly Get in My Way and Ain't No Hat 4 That), but songs like Give it to You are too cliche and pointless for me.

My opinion: keep him away from Michael. Timbaland is leagues ahead of him as far as making a song sound full goes.

Robin Thicke isn't a good producer for the most part. I got his album on a whim and was severely disappointed with the ballads. Many of them felt empty, unfulfilled in a way, which is not how most of Michael's ballads were.

His up-tempo numbers were alright (mainly Get in My Way and Ain't No Hat 4 That), but songs like Give it to You are too cliche and pointless for me.

My opinion: keep him away from Michael. Timbaland is leagues ahead of him as far as making a song sound full goes.

You obviously don't know good music when you hear. This is crazy talk.

You should listen to his earlier albums:

'The evolution of robin thicke'
'A beautiful world'

Listen to those and let me know if you still think he isn't the right man for the job.

Thicke has amazing writing and composing skills, which are not shown on his most recent album. The latter was released to gain popularity in the mainstream charts and was produced by many producers.

"Take it easy on me" and "blurred lines" are the only ones on his last album that I like. The first was produced by Timbaland and the second was produced by pharell.

Back